• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Ksev is teaming with Kryp ftom Kentucky, which means there are three MI/KY teams at this.

Stewy/Mister Eric
Tech/Ralph Cecil
Ksev/Kryp

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I updated the OP, will update the Spreadsheet with Airbud results tonight. Season is coming to a close with 3 tournaments left.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The Spreadsheet is 100% up-to date, I didn't include the pools from AirBud because nothing of importance happened other than Oblivion beating MX.

Also one more tourney left this season if we find a venue for the one on the 24th.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Kalle, why aren't my results for pools at Airbud on the Spreadsheet?

I don't know who you beat besides MX, if you want to give me them be my guest. Nothing extremely crazy happened in pools at Airbud except for you beating MX so I didn't fill in anyone elses.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'm curious...are you counting Stewy beating MX as a notable win? He beat MX yes, but even Mike said he was playing to have fun. It's like if you Ori beat Ally in Bracket, but it was his Ganon.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I'm curious...are you counting Stewy beating MX as a notable win? He beat MX yes, but even Mike said he was playing to have fun. It's like if you Ori beat Ally in Bracket, but it was his Ganon.
So just because a player says he isn't trying it shouldn't count as a win?

Also don't tell me MX wasn't trying in that set. Game 2 he picked Rob and actually beat Ian. Game 3 he decided to stay Rob (in hopes of Ian staying IC's I guess) and Ian bodied him for it by picking MK.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Stewy has a ROB problem in general though from what he told me. I just know MX as a player and if he was seriously wanting to go all out, he'd actually use Yoshi and/or Fox, which he used Fox in only one set. I know it's Johns, but oh well. Just my 2 cents . I just know if I beat someone good, I want it to be their main and not someone they don't normally use. It's like me beating Ori's Dedede. I felt no satisfaction from that.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
MX used fox on me in tourny so he definitely used him in more than one set...

It isn't Ian's fault MX didn't pick his main characters against him. But are you going to fault Ian and not count it as a win because MX decided he wanted to try and cheese Ian by picking ROB.

SoulPech

Smash Master
MX used fox on me in tourny so he definitely used him in more than one set...

It isn't Ian's fault MX didn't pick his main characters against him. But are you going to fault Ian and not count it as a win because MX decided he wanted to try and cheese Ian by picking ROB.
Using Fox against you was the only set he used fox afaik.. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be counted heavily in regards to power rankings. Maybe like a tie breaker type of deal though.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I just know if I beat someone good, I want it to be their main and not someone they don't normally use. It's like me beating Ori's Dedede. I felt no satisfaction from that.

You are comparing apples to oranges right now. I used :dedede: in a friendly while this whole MX/Stewy situation was in bracket where things matter. If we are addressing a character situation, do you know who Mike was using? If he was using ROB he was actually using a Character that he uses along with his Yoshi, Fox, and Falco. Had Mike been using Sonic or Ike I may question the value of that win.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
So why would he go "all out" on me (I only say this because I know I am not very good) and then proceed to not try/have fun against Ian? Just doesn't make sense I guess.

SoulPech

Smash Master
You are comparing apples to oranges right now. I used :dedede: in a friendly while this whole MX/Stewy situation was in bracket where things matter. If we are addressing a character situation, do you know who Mike was using? If he was using ROB he was actually using a Character that he uses along with his Yoshi, Fox, and Falco. Had Mike been using Sonic or Ike I may question the value of that win.
I was saying IF we played in Bracket and if I beat you w/ Dedede I wouldn't count it as a notable win. He doesn't use ROB competively, lol. He uses Yoshi, Fox, Falco, and MK.

And Gifts he wasn't going all out :/. He just felt like using Fox against you I guess. He told me and in the shoutouts thread that he made no effort this tourney.

I'm not trying to create any arguments, I'm just thinking out loud.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Minor error, i didnt beat myself at ranbats.

Also if mx didnt want to win, why did he play wolf vs oblivion? The man is a tier ***** :denzel:

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Also if mx didnt want to win, why did he play wolf vs oblivion? The man is a tier ***** :denzel:
I hope you realize that I used 8 different characters in that tourney. about 5 of them being booty and I still placed decently.

Gifts, I went Fox on you for partly that very reason...and cause' I wanted to. I wasn't trying to go all out on anybody or even to win, I was trying not to get lamed by Meta Knight.
I went :link2: on Ian game 1 which indeed was funny though I made a couple errors which costs me. I went :rob: because I wanted to, not because I somehow knew he hated fighting IC's. In which must say, the MU is freeeeeeeee.

and then he went Meta Knight. Had I caught his decision to switch from IC's, Fox vs MK or the ditto would've been a different story. I just don't like getting gayed by a character with a 97% win ratio over eeeeverything and eeeeeveryone. Another thing is that it's not his fault I didn't pick my known warriors against him as it's a legitimate win and even more honorable one since it went to game 3. Just not as notable as beating my :yoshi2:.

Ori, you can't say that. Until that tourney, none of you even knew I had a :rob:. Offline, I haven't made it terribly known that I can use every single character in the game to a good and fairly flexible extent. Except that I still can't CG with IC's lol. Soulpech knows ^^

tl;dr I'm spacey right now and be more precise later, but I didn't sandbag in that tourney. I just didn't use :yoshi2: lol

What's The Point

Smash Master
Offline, I haven't made it terribly known that I can use every single character in the game to a good and fairly flexible extent.
No you can't. Don't be one of those guys. You can use Yoshi, Fox, and maybe two others. Nobody is actually good , meaning they'd beat people at their skill level, with more than 4 characters

Unless you mean you can beat randoms with anyone, but then any average tournament player can say that. But the italics and bolding implies you think you'd win tournament sets on competent players.

Top Bottom