• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Either attend more tournies so that the panelist can rank you more accuratley or don't talk. It's up to you, make the choice.

And when i say attend more tournies. I mean legit one's like spau2. You can't really complain if you only just barley meet the criteria when say roller went to every tourny last season.

:phone:

You were the only one below him that was positive with him, except for maybe mikey, but beating Kingtoon at Apex is more significant than losing to mikey at a local. You were completely grimes out when we put roller above you though. That was 100% not legit, and a poor use of authority on the panel's behalf.

Also being active gives us more results to go off of and let's us get a better idea of how good you are, and shows that you aren't just a one hit wonder. If activity didn't matter, someone could beat Zinoto once in a close set, then never go to a tourny that he's at again, and Zinoto would end up below him due to the other player being a coward, we don't want to reward that.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
basing results off of just one 3 game set isnt gud I agree lol

and it is over now cant rly do anything about that lul

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
me and zinoto need to rematch soon but I not getting 0 death nanner locked :X

cuz I going snake :troll:

and did zinoto beat ally's snake at Spau2 btw?

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I know what the post said.

:denzel:

Also, the Challenge idea is nifty. I'm not a fan of it though if it were to replace our current policy.
My original proposal stated I didnt want that either don't worry. It would be a fun system to keep people playing and keep hype matches coming. But not to replace our PR. Just as something else to keep some hype going

I just looked at the W/L spreads for season 5, and outside of rayquaza, the only person who could have been above roller that season was mikey, and that would be stretching it.

Mikey had a 1-2 record with Zino and a 1-0 record with myself, meanwhile roller had Kingtoon, who at the time was a much more impressive win than Zinoto, speed, coco and tech (both twice), DLA, and Fizzle.

Like outside of Ron, all of his loses were at AZ level or higher. There was legit nobody in MI below roller that did better than he did that season (besides rayquaza).

Pick anyone you want, I'll tell you why/how they did worse.

Pools count less than bracket matches, and at really at large tournaments they count for more since they are often elimination pools. The main issue with counting pools is that they often aren't uploaded which means that it becomes really difficult to remain fair in our consideration of them.

Like we might count person A's pools records, because we remember them, but then person B might get thrown under the bus because nobody on the panel followed his pool results diligently.

It seems like each panelist judges the worth of pools differently although that's the general guideline.

fZk

Smash Lord
I think this happened to me, I beat two players power ranked in their Canadian regions in pools at Impulse but I'm sure they weren't counted because they were never uploaded to the results thread.

lain

Smash Master
I kind of like the "A New Challenger" has appeared idea Marco, very similar to me bodying kids at trumpet in band LOLLL!!!, but yeah it's got a couple bugs in it.

For one I think Tutu brought up, there's really no incentive for the higher ranked player to accept the match. Maybe if it was like, 'mandatory' if the challenge was made, and then letting players only challenge someone like once every three tourneys or something, but there's still problems with that.

The lower player COULD wait until he felt ready to try and move on up, but the higher ranked player could just not be feeling it at all and just not be down lol, thus wasting all the time the other played waited for basically. And making matches 'mandatory' to be accepted just seems strange to me.

Also by implementing this new thing, in a way you sort of make tournament placings obsolete compared to the 'beat this guy in one set and you move up' system. idk

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I'd be down to try something like this on the side (not for the PR we report to the PR directory thread). PR's are for OoS seeding and stuff, so it wouldn't make sense to update are official one, but if it were for seeding at locals I would be all for it. It would definitely keep people on there toes, but wouldn't be extremely detrimental since it would only affect in state tourneys.

I would like to try it.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Actually I always thought a elo system would be a great asset/parallel to a pr, similar to the way melee has that website that keeps track of all players giving them elo values. However, it is a lot of work and there is no way to count wins against non-mi players. But as a head to head throughout the state it would be pretty cool.

JTsm

Smash Master
So what is the nearest fall season date tourney? Get hype is in late Sept, but is there anything before that?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
MI currently doesn't have any fall season events in the near future.

I was considering hosting a local. But I'd rather someone else do it. I really only wanna host regionals or larger lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

This is true.

Also I've partially updated this thing.

Lastly, I would like to give props to Lain and Tutu for being the only players in the state to be ranked all 6 seasons. After that Sparta Kick is the closest with 5 seasons and myself for 4. I'm considering putting "veteran" next to peoples' names for those who have been ranked for 5 seasons or more like MD/VA did. I think its an accomplishment in its own.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm entering the next local as Hollywood Tech_Chase.

:yeahboi:

Also Lordy's tournament is technicaly next but .....I'm not sure if it should count towards the rankings. Fact of the matter is that the tournament has no tournament thread or was advertised. And it was done purposely. It wasn't meant to be a typical event since its in a house. Its more like an invitation for certain Southeast MI players to come and chill.

Top Bottom