• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Fzk, your pic looks pretty bad***. Also Ori who is my character? I think I remember her as like the first support character you get. Like super nice/supportive lol. If so, I approve.

LOE1

Smash Lord
goombella is that character. yes, she is the 1st partner you get, sweet and stuff, has a crush on mario, but every girl in that game does.

mario wiz right here

lain

Smash Master
basically everyone's tryna say ur gay zinoto.

also LOL YES I ****ING LOVE PAPER MARIO. ally as the don pianta works lol. kenny as yoshi TOTALLY fits. tutu as ms. mowz works cause he randomly shows up, then leaves in style and high heels.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
basically everyone's tryna say ur gay zinoto.

also LOL YES I ****ING LOVE PAPER MARIO. ally as the don pianta works lol. kenny as yoshi TOTALLY fits. tutu as ms. mowz works cause he randomly shows up, then leaves in style and high heels.
Honestly the Paper Mario Theme works the absolute best for finding characters that fit the personality of our players haha.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
For the record, I like the image and everything but mad I can't just be the character I want.

And **** you trying to pin a female character on me. "Flurrie fits you so well". I see you Kalle. Pinning a female character on me cuz I'm a homo. I got you.

:denzel:

And I don't even know about this guy I am now.

/diva

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
See Flurrie is the Big Mama that wants whats best for those she rolls with. She gives no ****s and body slams her opponents.

Also Derek, you are admiral bobbery he is a veteran that can keep up with the young kids and can still kick ***. He has contemplated retiring multiple times but his love for adventure and what not keeps him going. Seems a lot like you now doesn't it ;)

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I just see a lot of people never being PR'd because of it. For instance, do you really think Gio would care to try when somebody challenged him to a PR battle when he just outplaced them in the tournament?
Solution: someone has to challenge several weeks in advance, then each player has time to learn each others playstyles and prepare specifically for that match. Like in high level starcraft. For some tourneys the players are informed weeks in advance who they have to play leading to way more hype matches and forcing players to learn matchups. It is far more meaningful a match for determining who is better then a bracket match where you didnt prepare for a specific person.

I know the smash community is a "if its not broken dont fix it" community but throw me a bone here -.- people should at least give it a minute of open minded thought. Keywords: open minded. Obviously some system i think of in a few minutes based on other competitive systems isnt going to be perfect for our specific situation but thats why people think of ways to tweak it and make it fair. I hear tons of complaints about every PR so why do we keep doing it the same way as we do? I dont see why at least trying to brainstorm new ways to balance the ranking system can hurt anyone

Although i do see how 1v1 matches may not bee the most meaningful for a PR. I just think it might be interesting to redesign how the PR works in some way. Its been the same thing for years, its getting boring

kd-

Smash Lord
I hear tons of complaints about every PR so why do we keep doing it the same way as we do? I dont see why at least trying to brainstorm new ways to balance the ranking system can hurt anyone
I don't see a reason not to do a challenge PR sort of thing, it might make for some interesting or hype messages or fun times, so I'm not knocking on your suggestions.

But the complaints I've seen were mostly just "we suck as a region, why do we even have a pr, let's just not have a pr" or "Only x of us are any good, we should just pr x people and have y honorable mentions" or "why are you counting x type of wins? We should only count friendlies" or "he/she shouldn't be ranked, he/she suuuuuuucks and only wins because of x", mostly silly qq stuff. The solution shouldn't be giving in to the complaints, but rather doing what makes sense and standing firm with what you decide. At times, you guys seem to care more about how free you look rather than how free you actually are.

Do it and stand by your decision, despite people complaining. Move forward. Changing the mold with a challenge type PR seems to be a step in a forward direction, whether it's good or not.

I'm chill with challenging, I'll just challenge up until Zinoto, beat him, and I'll be the best in MI once ally leaves.

But what about the inactives, like say L cancel finally gets back on the PR, he has a really hard time making it to tournaments, would everyone just get a free win on him? Or would we postpone it until he shows up, but if we do that why wouldn't someone just not show up until they think they can beat whoever is below them?

I'm open to the idea, but we should at least sort out the theory of the matter.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I disagree with your system Marco. For example tutu could be the best player in MI and consistently beat Zinoto in bracket however because his character has an impossible matchup vs ics he could forever be stuck behind roller the whole time being able to beat everyone roller cannot

:phone:

When roller was second, outside of rayquaza, he had an even-positive record with everyone underneath him.

Idk why people have this "roller was trash" mentality, but he actually earned his spot on that PR, besides the one he stole from rayquaza.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
lol last season PR def was not based on wins against PRed players

seemed like if you went to OOS tourneys (or went to a lot) or beat OOS players that were ranked you got placed higher(roller beat kingtoon I think)

I dont like the idea of more tourneys=higher placing on the pr even if the player did not get very good wins

PR challenge matches=mms without money?

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
yeah kingtoon is a gud tl ( it is a legit win and should def boost his PR rank but not above ppl who beat him/placed higher than him that season imo)

and if any1 wants to do a PR samus match or $1 mm that counts towards the samus PR I accepting challenges under the apex and ps4 and MLG rulesets/stagelists :V

Top Bottom