• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U The Official MI Smash 4 Power Rankings Thread - NEW RANKINGS LIVE

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
I swear I thought KingJames' avatar was this guy the first 20 times I saw it

Last edited:

LOE1

Smash Lord
Miloni, $20 money match, best of 5? Idk when or where, but whenever we meet lol.

lonewolf537

Smash Journeyman
Do those tournaments count for PR eligibility? lol
it fills all of the criteria but its a west side tournament where the only players that could be considered worth being on the PR are Miloni and maybe King James and they need more wins on the current PR candidates for it to matter, not for them to keep stomping west MI. (though i personally think Miloni deserves to be on it regardless)

Shadow7474

Smash Rookie
Even if it doesn't help me out, at least it can give Miloni and King James some more recognition.

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
it fills all of the criteria but its a west side tournament where the only players that could be considered worth being on the PR are Miloni and maybe King James and they need more wins on the current PR candidates for it to matter, not for them to keep stomping west MI. (though i personally think Miloni deserves to be on it regardless)
That's cool and all that you think he deserves it but hey, rip

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
i am very likely the only west MI that is going to project MSU. i accept your MM. $5 best of 5 sound good?
I'll be there along with tweby and maybe Amity from muskegon, but im still pretty bad at sm4sh. I'm going mainly for Pm. I hope to learn alot at this tourney, and get more solid practice with that fancy wiiu version

stewyian

Smash Ace
if he deserves to be on it is one thing, he has to prove it with results, the majority of the scene is in east side and he is going to need to play multiple east side players who are likely to be ranked for us to consider putting him on the PR.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Why is PPW#5 on the spreadsheet but Grime Time 2 is not?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Why is PPW#5 on the spreadsheet but Grime Time 2 is not?
I have to double check, but Zinoto, Stewy, and I are thinking about making an addendum to the requirements which would allow us to consider the results of tourneys with under 24 entrants like pools wins. With that being in effect GT2 will be added back to spreadsheet because some players had results that could help them with potentially making it to the rankings.

I think to counterbalance the slight modification to the requirements, making the event not count towards a player's minimum 5 tourney attendances is justifiable.

Welp?

Smash Rookie
I have to double check, but Zinoto, Stewy, and I are thinking about making an addendum to the requirements which would allow us to consider the results of tourneys with under 24 entrants like pools wins. With that being in effect GT2 will be added back to spreadsheet because some players had results that could help them with potentially making it to the rankings.

I think to counterbalance the slight modification to the requirements, making the event not count towards a player's minimum 5 tourney attendances is justifiable.
dumb

exJ0RDANary

Smash Cadet
It seems strange to change an event to be eligible for PR after the participants were specifically told that it wasn't being considered. Seth and I decided we were going to practice specific out of shield options and new olimar approaches after finding out the tourney wouldn't be PR eligible. Things we normally wouldn't practice in bracket matches. There's a good chance that the results would've been the same either way but you can't say they would for sure.

I don't want to take any credit from Ori or anybody else who got good wins at an ineligible tourney, but from my perspective, Seth's mindset changed a pretty decent amount after he found out it wouldn't be considered for PR, and I think it's very possible it effected his results. The stats from other events seem to back me up.

It makes sense to me to make a change in rules that apply to future events, but to change the rules of past events seems very inconsistent.

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
uh... you guys make drama over everything, give the PR backroom a ****ing break they're doing their best to get the PR together be glad they even count people below top 10 lmao

Zinoto

Smash Lord
In terms of consistency, what was originally determined will stand. If it doesn't meet the cap it won't count. If it comes down to a nail-biter, coin-flip kinda situation; tournaments like PPW#5, Grime Time 2, and the West MI tournies that fall short of entrants can be used tie-breakers. Whether or not it counts towards the PR, no one's trying to donate $5 lmao. The tryhard pants always come on when you're close to losing.

For everyone's sake though, you guys are right. If it doesn't have the proper entrant requirement it shouldn't in the grand scheme of things, and to ease everyone's mind I'll take it off the googledoc. Th

Atm, no one is at the point where these small tournies are make-or-break for them, but if you see something you don't agree with or are confused by please continue to speak up. Feedback is always appreciated.

exJ0RDANary

Smash Cadet
I hope it didn't seem like I'm trying to take credit from Ori. He's obviously putting in a ton of work, he beat us both fair and square, and we were of course trying to win our sets. I just thought my personal experience was a good example to refer to to demonstrate the problems that I think could be caused by a mid season rule change. I think I speak for most of the MI hopefuls when I say that I really appreciate all the work you guys put in towards helping fuel our competitive spirits. Seriously, it's awesome. I have all the confidence in the world that you guys will put together a fair, accurate PR, and I'm excited to see how it motivates everybody.

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
I don't think this will actually matter much, but on the head to head spread sheet, it lists me as 1-2 against Miloni, but it's actually 1-1. The only time we played in singles was GF at TNE. I came from losers, took the first set, then lost the second one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom