• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
What is so awsome about krystal she is just like Fox but a girl!
Here's a few reasons:
1) She is the ONLY character in the Starfox series that has ANY potential to have an original moveset. ALL other characters are just going to end up being Fox clones, but Krystal introduced something new to the series...her staff. Rocket Booster, Ice Blast, Fire Blast, Super Groundquake; throw in some staff related battle tricks and you have a whole new moveset for her and that sets her apart from the others in my opinion.

2) She is a new character and, therefore, fresh on everyone's mind.

3) She is female and, therefore, adds another one on the list. That makes...Zelda, Peach, Jiggy, Samus, ZS Samus, and Krystal. Takes the total from five to seven; and that's not even counting any new *potentially female* characters that haven't been shown yet.

4) She is Fox's lover. Mario has Peach and Link has Zelda... It only makes logical sense that another big-time hero of Nintendo like Fox needs his own heroine in the game. He needs a villian (Perhaps Andrew or a toned-down Andross?) to match Bowser and Ganondorf too.

5) She looks good in either outfit...:love: When I saw Krystal for the first time, the first thought in my mind was "I wish I was a fox so this wouldn't be so wrong." :love:

Just fixed a few grammical errors...

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just said her moveset in my opinion. Y'know. It's too early to make up imaginary movesets. Oh and I like how when I stated my opinion on how she shouldn't be in the game, you insulted me. Nice one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
FoolyCooly said:
Doesn't mean you should come in a thread and constantly tell people you don't like her.
As opposed to constantly telling people you don't like them not liking the character?

Ferro De Lupe said:
Here's a few reasons:
1) She is the ONLY character in the Starfox series that has ANY potential to have an original moveset. ALl other characters are just going to end up being Fox clones
Slippy, Peppy, Rob, Leon, Pigma and Andrew all could have original movesets.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Mic_128 said:
Slippy, Peppy, Rob, Leon, Pigma and Andrew all could have original movesets.
I really can't picture them being anything other than Fox (and Falco) clones. I read up a bit on them and it really sounds like they all know nothing but the exact smae moves. Though I'm probably wrong. After all, Adventures was my first Starfox game, so I probably missed quite a bit on them.

Though, if any of the past games are like Adventures or Assult (plan to rent it next), then I know I'll like them. I have heard that every game up to Adventures was basically a flight simulator with dog fights. Again, I'm probably wrong though, so please correct me in my mistakes.

**EDIT**
My only exception would be ROB. He's a robot, so of course I'd expect something different from him.

kaid

Smash Master
Grimie said:
I just said her moveset in my opinion. Y'know. It's too early to make up imaginary movesets.
Thing is, we're simply adapting what is shown in her game to Smash controls AS AN EXAMPLE to prove she could be more than yet another clone of fox. I have not seen a single post, aside from the first one and the ones suggesting clonehood, suggesting any moves she did not have in her game. So technically, we're not "making up" anything.

kaid

Smash Master
Grimie, could you elaborate on why you feel Krystal should not be in the game, without commenting on other peoples preferences?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ferro De Lupe said:
Here's a few reasons:
1) She is the ONLY character in the Starfox series that has ANY potential to have an original moveset. ALL other characters are just going to end up being Fox clones, but Krystal introduced something new to the series...her staff. Rocket Booster, Ice Blast, Fire Blast, Super Groundquake; throw in some staff related battle tricks and you have a whole new moveset for her and that sets her apart from the others in my opinion.
from playing lylat wars & starfox 64 I can tell you that slippy and peppy and wolf can have original movesets (so can falco but he just doesn't)

2) She is a new character and, therefore, fresh on everyone's mind.
she was a GCN invented character and people that arn't nintendo fans assume she's crap

3) She is female and, therefore, adds another one on the list. That makes...Zelda, Peach, Jiggy, Samus, ZS Samus, and Krystal. Takes the total from five to seven; and that's not even counting any new *potentially female* characters that haven't been shown yet.
no arguments

4) She is Fox's lover. Mario has Peach and Link has Zelda... It only makes logical sense that another big-time hero of Nintendo like Fox needs his own heroine in the game. He needs a villian (Perhaps Andrew or a toned-down Andross?) to match Bowser and Ganondorf too.
If we are adding in lovers we better add in Candy for Donkey, Paula for Ness, Jody Summers for Captain Falcon?, (this one is my opinion) Mona (Warioware) for Wario (as for starfox villain put in Wolf he is already right size and has original moves)

5) She looks good in either outfit...:love: When I saw Krystal for the first time, the first thought in my mind was "I wish I was a fox so this wouldn't be so wrong." :love:
Uhuh I don't know how to respond to that one

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Darkfur said:
I'm sorry... I know it was a misspelling but it made me laugh aloud so much. ^^
lol paul here I am laughing at myself I'll fix that up but yeah the only good reason I personally can see why Krystal should be in is because she is a female

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xianfeng did a good job on addressing some of my issues, and to be honest, I'd rather have more of the Arwing crew or someone from Star Wolf's crew than Krystal. There are better options than her, in my opinion.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Grimie said:
Xianfeng did a good job on addressing some of my issues, and to be honest, I'd rather have more of the Arwing crew or someone from Star Wolf's crew than Krystal. There are better options than her, in my opinion.
exactly what I was saying, I was also saying that Ness loves a guy called Paul lol

Pete278

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
from playing lylat wars & starfox 64 I can tell you that slippy and peppy and wolf can have original movesets (so can falco but he just doesn't)

she was a GCN invented character and people that arn't nintendo fans assume she's crap

no arguments

If we are adding in lovers we better add in Candy for Donkey, Paula for Ness, Jody Summers for Captain Falcon?, (this one is my opinion) Mona (Warioware) for Wario (as for starfox villain put in Wolf he is already right size and has original moves)

Where do you keep getting this argument of people think GCN characters are crap? Most of my mates love the GCN made characters and they hate Nintendo. Also, Donkey Kong loves Candy, not the other way around ;) (at least, I think thats right).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Pete278 said:
Where do you keep getting this argument of people think GCN characters are crap? Most of my mates love the GCN made characters and they hate Nintendo. Also, Donkey Kong loves Candy, not the other way around ;) (at least, I think thats right).
it's a love, love relationship with them or at least that's what it implied in DK64

Most people I know hate all GCN games and characters made on the GCN

Pete278

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
it's a love, love relationship with them or at least that's what it implied in DK64

Most people I know hate all GCN games and characters made on the GCN
Oh, I didn't realise that. I thought it was just him liking her.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
From playing Lylat Wars & Starfox 64, I can tell you that Slippy, Peppy, and Wolf can have original movesets (so can Falco but he just doesn't.)
Well, like I said, I really don't know a whole lot about the Star Fox crew other than what I learned in Adventures and research. They might all have had different fighting moves...I wouldn't know. I'm not arguing with you. They probably do have some moves that could give them their own sets, I'm just talking about the character I know most from the series...Krystal.

xianfeng said:
She was a GCN invented character and people that aren't Nintendo fans assume she's crap.
Point of reference? National poll? International survey? Where's your source for this? *OPINION*

xianfeng said:
No arguments.
Ok, at least we agree on something.

xianfeng said:
If we are adding in lovers we better add in Candy for Donkey, Paula for Ness, Jody Summers for Captain Falcon?, (this one is my opinion) Mona (Warioware) for Wario (as for Star Fox villain put in Wolf he is already right size and has original moves)

I was really just offering that as a joke reason. It didn't really have any serious-ness to it.

xianfeng said:
:chuckle:

Listen man, I agree with you in the fact I want to see Diddy in the game. I wanted Diddy since the first Smash. I just happen to think that they might BOTH make the cut and get added in, or they BOTH might not make it. It's just something to think about. I'm just trying to pass the time for the next eight months...and this is the best way to do it.

**EDIT**
Well, I'm tired so I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ferro De Lupe said:
Well, like I said, I really don't know a whole lot about the Star Fox crew other than what I learned in Adventures and research. They might all have had different fighting moves...I wouldn't know. I'm not arguing with you. They probably do have some moves that could give them their own sets, I'm just talking about the character I know most from the series...Krystal .
I havn't played the GCN starfox games so I don't know anything about Krystal ;)

Point of reference? National poll? International survey? Where's your source for this? *OPINION*
my friends & brother

Ok, at least we agree on something.
it's good to know

I was really just offering that as a joke reason. It didn't really have any serious-ness to it.
just checking :)

:chuckle:

Listen man, I agree with you in the fact I want to see Diddy in the game. I wanted Diddy since the first Smash. I just happen to think that they might BOTH make the cut and get added in, or they BOTH might not make it. It's just something to think about. I'm just trying to pass the time for the next eight months...and this is the best way to do it
I have nothing against Krystal being in SSBB I just wanted know what made her special

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
xianfeng said:
I have nothing against Krystal being in SSBB I just wanted know what made her special
<joke> Becasue her mother/fox/ fanbse tell her that every day. ^_^ </joke>

Actually between Wolf and Krystal I'd prefer Wolf, but I would love both of them to be in it... Though I still think Fara should come whoop up on Krystal. heh heh

fluffy

Smash Champion
i was wondering, approximately how many characters will there be in brawl?
cuz they certainly cant fit every female and every clone into the game. ( or can they?) =/

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
fluffy said:
i was wondering, approximately how many characters will there be in brawl?
cuz they certainly cant fit every female and every clone into the game. ( or can they?) =/

Nobody knows. Well, accept for the people making the game and theyre doing a good job of keeping everything under wraps. I really hope they spend more time making characters than they did making trophys is Melee

fluffy

Smash Champion
yea the trophies was a waste of time imo.

i think that im gonna work as a secret game producer for nintendo and giv all info to the public so that everyone will be happy. :D

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
fluffy said:
yea the trophies was a waste of time imo.

i think that im gonna work as a secret game producer for nintendo and giv all info to the public so that everyone will be happy. :D

What? Sry i was distracted by your sig again.

Yeah it would be nice to have an inside man. We're like crack addicts jones'in for our next fix.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I'd be fine w/ Star wolf or Krystal... Though I really dont think we need anoher Fox/Falco Clone unless they can dramaticly change the gameplay between them

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Vulpine51 said:
Yeah it would be nice to have an inside man. We're like crack addicts jones'in for our next fix.
Just wait about ten years... I'm going to college to learn how to make the games. I intend to work for Nintendo and, hopefully, work on future editions of Smash.

*Head suddenly pops open and several ideas leak out*
Oops, I got to fix that. I have so many ideas in my head that they're all fighting to be the first one out.
*Zips his head shut*

fluffy

Smash Champion
good luck ferro de lupe.

i really dont think 2-d gamestyle would exist anymore in 10 years.

fluffy

Smash Champion
kaid said:
^Tell that to the makers of Castlevania and NSMB. Not to mention Sonic Rush and any number of others.
true... :colorful:

but 10 years is a long time...

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Ferro De Lupe said:
Just wait about ten years... I'm going to college to learn how to make the games. I intend to work for Nintendo and, hopefully, work on future editions of Smash.

*Head suddenly pops open and several ideas leak out*
Oops, I got to fix that. I have so many ideas in my head that they're all fighting to be the first one out.
*Zips his head shut*

:( ohhh, but I want an inside man now!

theleocat5

Smash Cadet
mrk10941 said:
i would hope she'd be a little more unique if she makes it. we dont need a 3rd shine, illusion, and firefox.

Me too. I would much like to see her in it but with a lot of originality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom