• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Moozle

Smash Champion
Hey guys :)

I don't think I'll have the money to buy a Wii U solely to play Smash 4, so I'll be sure to meet up with you guys to play!

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Yo IL I'm going to be in Elmhurst for about 2 weeks for work next week. Gonna stay at a hotel, would love to have a smashfest while I'm there.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
sneaky do you play poker, and/or P:M? We usually have weekly poker/P:M nights at my place each Friday. I'd play some Brawl too if you wanted. I'm pretty far north of you (Waukegan) but I'm pretty sure you could hitch a ride from someone, especially if you're willing to take a train to the city. Or I could pick you up from the train station if you took a train from Elmhurst to Chicago to Waukegan.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Those are both things that I enjoy, although I do one of those things much better than the other lmao.

I can't say for certain if my work would let me be free on Friday, I have to babysit some people from Japan. But I would totally be down to hang and play poker/PM.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Cool, shoot me a text/call at 331-826-8473 if you're interested. It'll be a barrel o' fun

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Due to me going on a vacation soon idk how my job is gonna handle the weekends when I get back so I'm not sure if they consider which weekend my weekend or not etc.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I have a tournament in the works, Hunger. It'll be Brawl/Melee/P:M, but I think I'm gonna make Brawl the main event because we haven't had one of those in over a year now probably

sneakytako

Smash Lord

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Alright well since this thread and Smashboards has been dead forever, I'm just updating with stuff thats going on

Scythe/Kirk are hosting a tournament this Saturday at CoD, P:M and Melee. There's no SWF thread for it, but the Facebook event is here. The weekend after, the 28th, EXP Gaming is hosting a tournament with Brawl/Melee/64/P:M in Oak Park, link to that is here.

Also people should post here more

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
We should just make this the P:M PR and have a small Brawl section at this point. I don't think the Brawl PR will ever be updated

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Sooo, I've been interested in project M recently but wifi is not an option :|

So I come here after not being here in months to see what's up, aaaand, I see the Illinois competitive scene is 6 feet deep. :B Dammit, lol. What's going oooon?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Good, lol

Is the tourney scene still active? I wanna play PM with you guys. Not sure if I can actually travel oos to play some smash.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
We should just make this the P:M PR and have a small Brawl section at this point. I don't think the Brawl PR will ever be updated
I disagree, there are a lot of Brawl players now. It's just that a lot of them are new. JJRockets also hosted a tournament a few weeks ago and will host another one soon. Sago and I as well as his entire "posse" (his brother, SbF, etc) went.

I know most of the people on the Brawl PR panel don't play Brawl anymore, but the scene has witnessed something of a rebirth in these past few months and I think a new PR could really motivate them. If you guys aren't interested in maintaining it anymore (which I wouldn't blame you for) then let me have it and I'll get it up and running again.

edit: Welcome back Bo :B You should get Freddie to come back too.

ook

Smash Lord
You just want to be 1st place for once in your life. :awesome:

No but really, I agree - PRs are fun and give respect to the new players, and the top 10 would really be up for grabs at this point. Do all the brawlers know about this thread?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
You just want to be 1st place for once in your life. :awesome:
My grueling journey has finally come to an end. I can at last take my rightful place basking in the eternal sun as a champion--nay, a legend.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
"Welcome back Bo :B You should get Freddie to come back too."

Thanks :D That's not gonna happen though xD. Or at least, it's highly unlikely. He's in Wisconsin now.

I see the scene isn't as dead as I thought. Unfortunately, looks like most of the events are still way up north. I would like to try to make it to the Oak Park monthlies.

Does Akashi still show up to these events? I saw him on the Metra like 2 months ago on my way to class actually (crazy coincidence.) I know he's even more further south than I am. If he can still make it using the train, I probably can too.

Top Bottom