• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
This is news to me... New PR panel? Sounds like you just want to be part of it :smirk:
I'm quoting Arturius Lipka. And yeah wtf I do kinda want to be on it :mad:

Hunger you look like a battle-ravaged warrior straight out of legend. And I also agree with Tano, you're looking quite svelte. Recover swiftly good sir

Akashi

Smash Lord
Most of the people that are on the panel are still active, or stay relevant to the scene. You're not dropping myself, Arty, Mike, or Justin, just an fyi. We'll see who's still active after the next tourney, and then if we're short manned, vote you in Tom (if everyone agrees to that notion). I personally don't mind, but those times where we judge you vs. other players around your level, you HAVE to go by solid facts (i.e: saying someone has more potential isn't a fact)

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Red Ryu is already on the panel...

Honestly the only person who should be taken off is Ook, and its only because he's not able to be around as much. :/

Oh wait, Ook is already off. I don't think anyone should be taken off or added, tbh. Corms is still relevant.

Arty

Smash Lord
Barnick should just do the whole PR himself!!

But yah, we only have 4 PR members now (corms doesn't count lol). Adding Tom will be good since we need a 5th for breaking ties plus he's been definitely the most active out of us.

Also we're doing the update after the DB next week.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm actually kidding, I don't want to be on the PR panel lol. If no one wants to fill the 5th spot then I guess I'll do it. I just think it's silly that you guys are afraid of me being biased for myself. I mean I argued about my placing before, but I was just being my own advocate. I wasn't on the PR panel so why would I want to argue that someone should be higher than me?

I mean considering the past, I do understand why you think I may be biased. But really I am incredibly impartial if I need to be. Not like it matters though because I would really rather not be on the panel lol. I like looking at the PR thread on the day it updates... it feels like coming downstairs on Christmas morning and seeing all the presents :awesome:

Scythe

Smash Master
umm everyone just said they would be fine with you being on the PR

That post is just fishing : /

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I don't care what everyone says, I seriously don't want to be on the panel. Find someone else. Jesus Diego sometimes I get tired of your ****. Myrrh

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
i'm guessing the only car coming out of chicago is Arty's car, you can see if there's room in there. if not, you can take a metra to Glen Ellyn and someone will pick you up from the train station.

Rushfest

Smash Rookie
Hello Everyone!,

My name is Domingo and I currently run and coordinate the majority of the Fighting Game community in Chicago! We have a Facebook Group called "The Chicago Fighting Game Community" and just want to extend a warm welcome to everyone here!

I am now employed at an amazing venue that I would love to share with the Smash community called Game Pazzo in Downers Grove, IL! I am looking to set a meet/gathering night there for the smash community on either Wednesdays, Thursdays or Sundays. I would like to talk to someone who knows the community well that could be willing to help me coordinate this. I already am talking with Dark Kakashi which some of you know already but was wondering if there is anyone else who would be willing to help make this process faster? I am looking forward to working with the community more and also planning to run tournaments too! If you want more info regarding the venue I can definitely give some more, for the time being though, we do have 24 Asus EVO monitors for people to plug in consoles(I know most of you use tubes for smash), lots of space, a bar & grill, great gaming enviroment and more! Thanks for reading and looking forward to seeing you guys!

Domingo

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Hey Domingo!

The venue does sound very cool. We usually hold our tournaments in the College of DuPage cafeteria, which works out nicely because it's free for us and very spacious. Game Pazzo looks awesome though and I'm sure a lot of us would be down for a weekly Smash night. We'll be getting together this weekend for a tournament so I'll make sure we all talk about it and try to gauge our interest.

A few questions:

- How much do the TVs lag with a Wii/cube? I'm sure you know how picky people can be about even one or two frames of lag (myself included, admittedly). If there is lag, would we be able to bring in our own TVs?

- I know you want the Smash nights to be Wed, Thurs, or Sun, but if you were to start hosting tournaments, would they always be able to be on Saturday? We have people traveling from out of state for every tournament we host, and Saturday's really the only option we have when you take into account travel and housing situations.

- Any drinks in the gaming area? Also does it become 21+ after a certain hour?

- Any fee for Smash night?

Thanks!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
It is a very nice venue.

It has Evo monitors, so there should not be any lag at all. But I can let Domingo answer that one.

The Smash nights are just does, for gatherings and stuff. If there was to be a tourney it would be on a Saturday to garner more attendance from players from the city and around the Midwest that travel.

The area does have a drink area, you don't have to be 21 to be there, but I'll let Domingo answer it more clearly.

Everything else he can help answer. I just added to what I know atm.

By the way, hi guys! ;D

Told you I was still working out a venue. lol

Scythe

Smash Master
I don't really know what kind of monitors the evo ones are, it's pretty likely there would be lag for melee.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
I've been to Game Pazzo before, it's a really nice place.

They did a Smash tournament a while back, but it was poorly ran/organized. Not all the characters in the game were unlocked, the TVs lagged really bad, and the bracket format could have been a lot better. They advertised as having cash prizes, but on the day of the tournament decided their was not enough people to do cash prizes so we only won game time for the venue and a T-shirt.

My suggestions to improve on this would be as follows:
- Have people bring CRT TVs like we normally do. Many people will not want to play on the TVs that lag.
- Make sure all the characters and settings are unlocked, or at least let people bring set ups that have them all.
- Offer cash prizes, and actually give cash prizes.
- Singles and Doubles!

Scythe

Smash Master
Or just let someone from the community take charge of running the tournament. Pretty much hits all your points there.

Edit: How big is the place JJ?

Top Bottom