• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I just hope that if a Pro happens it doesn't have Metroid, Crash, Godzilla or Marvel exclusive titles.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm not sure if this was talked about on here, but a new private video was uploaded to YouTube on the Smash Bros channel.

For clarification, how long was the period between the time the Smash Bros 3.0 Overview trailer was uploaded and the time said trailer stopped being a private video? Because if it's real short, then I don't think we have to wait much longer.

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this was talked about on here, but a new private video was uploaded to YouTube on the Smash Bros channel.

For clarification, how long was the period between the time the Smash Bros 3.0 Overview trailer was uploaded and the time said trailer stopped being a private video? Because if it's real short, then I don't think we have to wait much longer.
I do think it could still happen this week and be released the 12th.

An as far im aware, i think there was less than a week between the upload and the release.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
There's scheduled maintenance tomorrow apparently, so I could see the video go up tomorrow and Hero drop on Friday alongside Builders.

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
There's scheduled maintenance tomorrow apparently, so I could see the video go up tomorrow and Hero drop on Friday alongside Builders.
That's what im thinking too.

Same exact thing happened with Joker.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's what im thinking too.

Same exact thing happened with Joker.
Wasn't Joker's overview dropped a week or two ahead of news related to Persona 5?

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So today is the day the trailer is supposed to drop according to a lot of people. We'll see what happens. I'm actually thinking next week, but maybe I'll be surprised.

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
Today sems a bit unlikely unfortunately Sigran101 Sigran101 , would they have time to release a trailer and release hero tomorrow? keep in mind they have to worry about not releasing it on the weekend.

I'm a bit worried we might get 2 songs and 0 spirit battles outside the heroes, we know how stingy SE can be even through SMT/Persona got a lot of content.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Today sems a bit unlikely unfortunately Sigran101 Sigran101 , would they have time to release a trailer and release hero tomorrow? keep in mind they have to worry about not releasing it on the weekend.

I'm a bit worried we might get 2 songs and 0 spirit battles outside the heroes, we know how stingy SE can be even through SMT/Persona got a lot of content.
What's wrong with releasing it on the weekend? It makes sense to me to release Hero on Friday in the States since that's when DQB2 drops and Saturday for Japan would be good since most DQ games release on that day anyways.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure the trailer would be today. How did you guys found out about the video?

D

Deleted member

So today is the day the trailer is supposed to drop according to a lot of people. We'll see what happens. I'm actually thinking next week, but maybe I'll be surprised.
Who's saying the trailer will drop today?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Who's saying the trailer will drop today?
A lot of people think because of all the recent server maintenance and the fact that the official smash YouTube channel uploaded a private video a couple days ago that Hero will release very soon. Some think it will be tommorow to coincide with the release of DQ Builders 2, which would mean the challenger pack overview video would drop tonight.

D

Deleted member

A lot of people think because of all the recent server maintenance and the fact that the official smash YouTube channel uploaded a private video a couple days ago that Hero will release very soon. Some think it will be tommorow to coincide with the release of DQ Builders 2, which would mean the challenger pack overview video would drop tonight.
Oh okay. Glad to know Hero's coming out this month. It means my cousins get to try him out when I visit them in a couple of weeks.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Oh okay. Glad to know Hero's coming out this month. It means my cousins get to try him out when I visit them in a couple of weeks.
Well it's not necessarily this month. It's looking likely, but who knows how long in advance they do this stuff. Here's hoping though!

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
It is a good game dragon quest builders ?

For now it does not seem like it's going to come out

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping for the EVO cutoff, but people probably won't want to use a new character over their main at a tournament like that.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
It is a good game dragon quest builders ?

For now it does not seem like it's going to come out
Builders 1 is fantastic. In spite of a few noteworthy flaws like awkward combat and losing all your stuff between chapters the great concept is still enough to make it really fun. It looks like Builders 2 fixes all those flaws while keeping the great concept and expanding on it in meaningful ways. I would definitely recommend it.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I'm not so certain we'll even get a video honestly. Joker needed one because he didn't have any gameplay footage up till that point and he was coming with new modes. Hero does have gameplay footage and while I think it's possible he'll come with new modes, it's no guarantee. The only thing we're definitely missing is a hard release date, which doesn't really need a video.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I'm not so certain we'll even get a video honestly. Joker needed one because he didn't have any gameplay footage up till that point and he was coming with new modes. Hero does have gameplay footage and while I think it's possible he'll come with new modes, it's no guarantee. The only thing we're definitely missing is a hard release date, which doesn't really need a video.
We don't have a proper explanation for how Hero's moveset works, or their stage, which would warrant a presentation.

Apart from that, there's also Mii Costumes, which are practically guaranteed, and the possibility of more content in the 4.0.0 update.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
We don't have a proper explanation for how Hero's moveset works, or their stage, which would warrant a presentation.

Apart from that, there's also Mii Costumes, which are practically guaranteed, and the possibility of more content in the 4.0.0 update.
Agreed. There's no way we won't get a video explaining all that before release.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
While I understand your viewpoint, I’ll have to respectfully disagree. While yes, you make valid points regarding Joker, we still have unanswered questions as to the MP and Spells in this game. How do we replenish MP? How exactly does that spell menu work? How many spells will we have access to? The whole shebang.

D

Deleted member

I'll just quietly wait for whichever way they announce the release date.

I would love it if surprisingly happened today to make up for the nerves I have, but I doubt that'll be the case.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
On top of that, they usually explain what the new characters can do. Like Bayo's, Simon's, even Joker himself.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Builders 1 is fantastic. In spite of a few noteworthy flaws like awkward combat and losing all your stuff between chapters the great concept is still enough to make it really fun. It looks like Builders 2 fixes all those flaws while keeping the great concept and expanding on it in meaningful ways. I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
It also has been a month since Hero was anounced, there's a chance the trailer of June 11 was recorded some days before, maybe 1 week or so.
I feel like they have him ready for now tbh.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was no way to replenish MP until you lost a stock. However, if you could, I imagine it would work like this:

When The Hero either runs out of MP completely, or the amount of MP left is so low it can't activate any spells / abilities, then The Hero will use a phial of magic water to recover enough MP for the most expensive spell / ability they have upon pressing the special move button. There's a noticeable startup and endlag to this MP recovery move, and because you ran out completely in the first place, you now need to spend every other move using a phial of magic water to keep all your options.

So basically the flow of The Hero would look like this should they use MP willy nilly:
  • Special move use
  • Special move use
  • Special move use
  • Keeps going until they run out of MP
  • Phial of magic water
  • Special move use
  • Phial of magic water
  • Special move use

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Character gameplay aside, I would at least think they'd show off how the stage works. It seems very likely they'd also go into things such as available music tracks, Spirits, Mii costumes, and the potential for other tweaks in the update (find the chance high we simultaneously get bug fixes/balance changes for most of the roster).

They would also likely give us a heads up that it's a major update (presumably 4.0)/our replays will be broken, so they'd let people know so they have time to save.

Top Bottom