• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With regard to the aura thing in the trailer, here’s what I think it is:
and new content with the patch like Home Run Contest or anything else

Still say we’re getting an effect feature that allows us to put the Galeem/Dharkon possessed aura (and maybe even the full puppet design like this: )

Or the Galeem one which I can’t find rn and imo doesn’t look as cool, their bodies have like a toothpaste color lul on any character you choose. It’s technically not a skin as Female Robin had the Dharkon aura in the Hero gameplay segment, so it’s probably just like. A toggle-able effect or something
I know some have said it’s probably just for the trailer but I personally don’t think they’d show off something usually only seen in WoL, just for the gameplay segment of one trailer. Especially since during the Bounce demonstration, F!Robin and Dark Samus had it but villager didn’t, which to me suggests you can toggle it individually

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Speaking of, I just finished post game for 8, and...

WOW I did not see that coming. Hero's immunity to curses, Dragon Slash being one of the first moves he learns, munchie's cheese fixation... SO MANY really clever, subtle hints about Eight/Hero's true origins. Man I love this game, haha.

Well, now I'll do the trails to get the Sword and Shield, and when I have those and view the ending with the ring, I think I'm set for awhile.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of, I just finished post game for 8, and...

WOW I did not see that coming. Hero's immunity to curses, Dragon Slash being one of the first moves he learns, munchie's cheese fixation... SO MANY really clever, subtle hints about Eight/Hero's true origins. Man I love this game, haha.

Well, now I'll do the trails to get the Sword and Shield, and when I have those and view the ending with the ring, I think I'm set for awhile.
You can also make the most difficult challenge of the game to do it you have to first do the postgame where you get the sword and shield

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Probably the Hero will be showed tomorrow and released Wednesday or Thursday. As Joker was also showed in a Tuesday and released in the same week.
I still have hope that we get him July as that video that Nintendo posted the other three things happens in July, Fire Emblem and Marvel Alliance releases in July and Season 9 of Fortnite ends in July.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well i think the maintenance will be today, starting in like 4-5 hours, and by that ime it'll be day time in japan, so it could be worth keeping a look out, though i dunno what the chances are.

It's definitely strange that they changed the video we saw from july to summer, so maybe it can be later too, but here's hoping :)

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Well i think the maintenance will be today, starting in like 4-5 hours, and by that ime it'll be day time in japan, so it could be worth keeping a look out, though i dunno what the chances are.

It's definitely strange that they changed the video we saw from july to summer, so maybe it can be later too, but here's hoping :)
I'm worried changing the title means it won't be until August, but trying to remain optimistic here.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'm in a situation where the house doesn't have internet right now, so even if The Hero did drop, I wouldn't be able to download them, unfortunately. 4G wi-fi plans only work on phones, after all, so until we can reconnect the house internet router (which won't be for around a week), I'm gonna be holding out for a hero.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
I'm in a situation where the house doesn't have internet right now, so even if The Hero did drop, I wouldn't be able to download them, unfortunately. 4G wi-fi plans only work on phones, after all, so until we can reconnect the house internet router (which won't be for around a week), I'm gonna be holding out for a hero.
you can always bring your switch over to a place that has public wifi

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
My house is with internet problems too, some times it is going off for some times, usually is 15 minutes off, but one time was 9 hour off. (All thank to a guy that steal a internet cable on my block.) If the net goes down when he get released, I will route the signal from my phone to my Switch, don't care if I will consume all my limits with that. I will get him day 1! XD

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
so looks like it's probably august we see hero...which sucks
but knowing nintendo they could release him at any time there's no logic or pattern to any of this it's just...what it is
I still think it's July due to the video renaming.

Fair enough. Oh well, I've waited like 11 years, what's another week.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So? It's still going to be in Summer, that won't be taken away. One can still do things to pass the time until the release happens, like playing other games, going outside for a walk, hanging out with loved ones. Anything that doesn't involve sitting around waiting and getting bored.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It was always just a chance for this time. It can still easily be in july still.

So? It's still going to be in Summer, that won't be taken away. One can still do things to pass the time until the release happens, like playing other games, going outside for a walk, hanging out with loved ones. Anything that doesn't involve sitting around waiting and getting bored.
That's pretty much what I was thinking, it's nothing like the waiting for possible reveals and not knowing anything.
I can still get a bit that some people would be impatient tho. ;p

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I just wanna try the guy out before I go back to school and send my left Joy-con for repair.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
you can always bring your switch over to a place that has public wifi
That's true, but going to the library just to download an update for a game seems a bit much. I also may or may not be busy helping out around the house to go somewhere else.

I can probably try going somewhere (whether it's the library or not) the day The Hero drops if I DO have time, but I can't be certain.

My house is with internet problems too, some times it is going off for some times, usually is 15 minutes off, but one time was 9 hour off. (All thank to a guy that steal a internet cable on my block.) If the net goes down when he get released, I will route the signal from my phone to my Switch, don't care if I will consume all my limits with that. I will get him day 1! XD
You can route the signal from your phone to your Switch? I'm going to have to look this up, I may just be able to use my phone if that's the case.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
You can route the signal from your phone to your Switch? I'm going to have to look this up, I may just be able to use my phone if that's the case.
Some Android phones(don't know about iOS) have a router function that use your mobile internet. Mine is on the Push Menu, but it is also accessible on the Wi-Fi settings.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Some Android phones(don't know about iOS) have a router function that use your mobile internet. Mine is on the Push Menu, but it is also accessible on the Wi-Fi settings.
I did this with a laptop, I don't see why you can't with a switch.

D

Deleted member

Just sharing this from the social thread and general newcomer speculation thread.

Hope this means the Hero is close

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Just sharing this from the social thread and general newcomer speculation thread.

Wow. First Best Buy leaks Joker, now 7-11 leaks Hero. What's gonna be next, your local GameStop leaks Banjo-Kazooie?

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524

how sad is it that this is all we got right now in terms of proof that maybe hero's coming soon?

who honestly thinks this type of marketing is a good idea it's just vague and stupid

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
That's a good thing honestly. They'd want to advertise after he comes out, so it's most likely coming out this week. You don't stop ads first day it comes out. It'll come out by the end of July.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Been awhile since I've been on Smash Boards. So I'm gonna post some fan art from NinH. Because he's dope and I love it.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
"Hoes Mad" :joyful:

Also, we need one of these -> :ulthero: for Erdrick, Eight and Solo too.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
"Hoes Mad" :joyful:

Also, we need one of these -> :ulthero: for Erdrick, Eight and Solo too.
There's one for each koopaling. I'm sure we'll get them eventually, I guess the mods just wanted something out for now.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, the recent Famitsu column was translated, and it said that the MP Costs for the spells have been tweaked since the E3 trailer. Whether this means they're more affordable or more expensive to cast is up in the air, as we know that some of the spells here are crazy. Especially Kamikazee.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We still also need to know what parts of magic has any random elements, and what doesnt.
That and mp recovery.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I think this means they are going through final balance changes and hopefully he will release soon.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
https://twitter.com/pushdustin/status/1154059828475469824?s=21

MP costs have been changed since the trailer. Wonder if it's a buff or nerf? I mean snooze was like 18 and some 16. So 6 specials a time didn't make much sense, hopefully buffed.
I mean, we have Jigglypuff's Rest cast as a projectile, a castable Franklin Badge (If the way Solo was moving after casting is anything to go by in the trailer), a self-KO'ing blast that's as powerful as the Bomber, if not more; two buff spells, possibly a healing spell and a completely invincible state at the cost of being able to do anything. And there's still a possibility that there are more. If the costs are buffed, then I'm a little scared that Hero will be like Smash 4 Bayonetta.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, we have Jigglypuff's Rest cast as a projectile, a castable Franklin Badge (If the way Solo was moving after casting is anything to go by in the trailer), a self-KO'ing blast that's as powerful as the Bomber, if not more; two buff spells, possibly a healing spell and a completely invincible state at the cost of being able to do anything. And there's still a possibility that there are more. If the costs are buffed, then I'm a little scared that Hero will be like Smash 4 Bayonetta.
We have little idea how the mechanics are yet all together, so it doesnt really matter too much what changes they do right now, they're gonna try to balance it the best they can anyway.
And they'll patch too. I'm kind of thinking joker might get nerfed a little himself soon (maybe at the same time as they come out), since people have had plenty of time to see how good he is.

So long as they're fun :)

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Wow, I got it to work!

The connection is pretty shaky though. Obviously properly-set-up home wifi is better, so I'm not surprised, but I hope that, however long it takes to download The Hero's update, my Switch doesn't disconnect in the meantime causing me to need to download it all over again.

But this is really useful, thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom