The official Hero Social Thread (Under construction)

Social Thread name? The name would be accompanied by the Social thread mention.

• Patty's Party Planning Place

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Patty's Bar

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Alltrades Abbey

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Heroes draw near. Command?

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Other. Please specify in comments.

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
is anyone else bummed that The Hero has A Vague Release date of "Sometime In Summer 2019"?

there were quite a few fans who had hoped that things would be running smoothly after Joker's release and that we wouldn't have to keep making guesses on when the character would come out after their reveal

Joker seemed so bad because he was announced way too early and that was due to The vga's
Hopefully Eight releases during this month or the next one at least.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
August will be the 30th anniversary of DQ's release in the US. Something Mr. Iwata himself oversaw.
I would rather have Erdrick sooner than later, but if they pick this date, it would be a touching homage to Iwata, who in a way, made this possible, not only by making Smash possible, but by rekindling the SE - Nintendo relationship and doing so much to promote Dragon Quest in the west.

Last edited:
NNID
Arcadenik
is anyone else bummed that The Hero has A Vague Release date of "Sometime In Summer 2019"?
Honestly, I just don't care about the vague release date.

I am just relieved to know that Hero (especially Erdrick and Eight) and Banjo-Kazooie are in.

It's about time I finally got more newcomers I really wanted in addition to just Simon, King K. Rool, and Isabelle.

Last edited:
DQ11 Hero's alt looks like it is based on DQ10 Hero.

DQ3 Hero's alt looks like it is based on DQ5 Hero.

DQ4 Hero's alt looks like it is based on DQ1 Hero.

DQ8 Hero's alt looks like it is based on DQ2 Hero.
DQ8 alt is definitely based on Terry from 6, he's a popular DQ hero and the alt looks just like him. DQ11 alt looks more like Angelo from 8, but I agree on the other two.

DQ3= Released in the 80s (Erdrick Trilogy)
DQ4= Released in the 90s (Zenith Trilogy)
DQ8= Released in the 2000s
DQ11= Released in the... 2010s?

They really made sure to cover all eras, its such a good distribution of heroes. We lucked out, when I look at how simple Cloud's inclusion was.
To put it into simple words, Cloud felt like "Hell yeah Cloud", the heroes are "HELL YEAH DRAGON QUEST".
It's kind of surprising to me that they picked 4 for the Zenithian rep when 5 is one of the most popular dragon quests, but then I realized that the 4 hero does represent the trilogy better since he is literally wearing the legendary armor and weapons in his design (not to mention that the 5 hero doesn't use a sword and technically isn't the hero).

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
NNID
punchtropics
Anyone else wonder what The Hero's Boxing Ring alias will be?

Would be hillarious if it's
The Hero
the hero.

Also I think Eight’s alt could be based off both Terry or DQ2 protagonist. But I do believe Terry has white pants, and DQ2’s has black.

NNID
Nero
Switch FC
Devil Hunter
Anyone else wonder what The Hero's Boxing Ring alias will be?

Would be hillarious if it's
The Hero
the hero.

Also I think Eight’s alt could be based off both Terry or DQ2 protagonist. But I do believe Terry has white pants, and DQ2’s has black.
"The Dragon Warrior" sounds like it'd work.

:ultchrom:: ''[...] and then i shouted I'LL END YOU! before dragging my opponent into oblivion with a single swift strike! I call it the Chromicide''

:ultganondorf:: ''Hahahaha! Fool! I've been dragging my foes to the their doom for years! Haven't you ever heard of the Ganoncide?''

:ultkirby:: ''Poyo?''

:ulthero: : ''Hold my beer...''

:p

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a Dragon Quest player (still want to try it), but because it's from Square Enix... was the music from the trailer a remix or not? And do you think it's likely we will maybe get more than 2 music tracks + plenty of Spirits, something Fire Emblem didn't get?

I'm not a Dragon Quest player (still want to try it), but because it's from Square Enix... was the music from the trailer a remix or not? And do you think it's likely we will maybe get more than 2 music tracks + plenty of Spirits, something Fire Emblem didn't get?
https://youtu.be/f0jJ2u2rk3k

Music was not a remix, I think it was just the orchestrated version of adventure (linked above). I think that and the main theme are the only songs we're getting judging by the stinginess of square enix with ff music and the debacle with the dq11 PS4 music not being orchestrated, which is a shame due to the fantastic selection of music in DQ games.

Last edited:
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
NNID
Xevious969409
Dragon Warrior was one of my dad's favorite games on the NES. Never played the series besides plugging in the original a couple times. But their smash reveal has really gotten me interested in playing Dragon Quest games. I thought Erdrick would be another boring anime swordsman, boy was I wrong and uneducated (although a female alt would have been nice), they look amazing.

I really hope all the heroes have access to the entire spell/skill pool instead of having a particular set for each character (even if it seems to be the more balanced choice) but then again depending on how MP function it could be a good counter mesure for the excessive number of specials.

I am so excited for them! The Dragovian sword and shield on Eight is so cool too! Damn it's like I'm a kid all over again

How many of us expected multiple Dragon Quest heroes in one fighter? I certainly didn't.
I did. Slightly less than I would have liked, but beggars aren't choosers. :drshrug:

there were quite a few fans who had hoped that things would be running smoothly after Joker's release and that we wouldn't have to keep making guesses on when the character would come out after their reveal

Joker seemed so bad because he was announced way too early and that was due to The vga's
I ain't bothered, at least we know that things aren't held back for the other characters anymore, so the February pass deadline can be reached.

Last edited:
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Kudos to all Dragon Quest supporters. Due to the leak, I wasn't surprised by their reveal. I dare say, leakers really do take the fun out of things.

I've always been interested in the Dragon Quest games, but never could get into them, due to a low budget.

I'm a big fan of magic-wielding sword users. That said, I'm actually looking forward to trying this character out. So far, they look pretty solid and efficient. I think the green-haired one is mine favourite.

NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Hi Dragon Quest fans! I'm quite happy that Hero is in the game since I've renently completed DQ Builders and that made me interested in the whole series (DQXI S can't come soon enough).
But I was wondering: has someone identified the Stage?

ryumo the Zekenator

Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough
Premium
Hi Dragon Quest fans! I'm quite happy that Hero is in the game since I've renently completed DQ Builders and that made me interested in the whole series (DQXI S can't come soon enough).
But I was wondering: has someone identified the Stage?
Its Yggdrasil from DQ XI from what I have seen.

NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey Hero fans.

In the Rate Their Chances thread in newcomer speculation, we are doing satisfaction scores for Banjo and Hero. Come by and show your satisfaction and opinions.

Just make sure to give at least two sentences of reasoning per score to be counted in the average. :)

NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
Hey Hero fans.

In the Rate Their Chances thread in newcomer speculation, we are doing satisfaction scores for Banjo and Hero. Come by and show your satisfaction and opinions.

Just make sure to give at least two sentences of reasoning per score to be counted in the average. :)
I'll try to do it when I get home.

BZocky

Smash Journeyman
The only DQ I've played was Rocket Slime but I had such a great experience with it to the point where I 100%ed it and looked forward to when the GBA and 3DS prequel/sequel would be translated for years. It's a DS hidden gem everyone should play IMO. Looking forwards to the Heroes and Slimes in Smash.

3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
NNID
punchtropics
So what do you guys think will come with Hero in 4.0.0?

I'm thinking it'll include a Boss Mode because of the Rathalos in their trailer (Unless of course, that's the final boss of their classic mode).
That would be awesome, but I’m not holding my breath for it.

Here’s what I think we’ll get:

Mii costumes:
- Slime stack
- Dragon Quest 1 hero costume
- Chocobo hat
- Geno costume
- Sora costume
(Ideally, a job class costume for every job class from DQ3 would be really dope)

Music pack:
- DQ overture (unless it’s trailer specific which in case) / DQ 11 Battle Theme
- DQ 3 Overworld
- DQ 8 Battle theme
- DQ 11 Overworld
- DQ 4 Battle theme

Stage: Ygradassil.

Spirits:
Terry
Alena
Jessica
Torneko
Maya
Slime
Dragonlord
Bianca
Nera

Last edited:
So what do you guys think will come with Hero in 4.0.0?

I'm thinking it'll include a Boss Mode because of the Rathalos in their trailer (Unless of course, that's the final boss of their classic mode).
Boss mode would be great! All the bosses are already made so it shouldn't be too bad.

Who do we have?
Master and Crazy Hand
Rathalos
Galeem
Dracula
Giga Bowser
Ganon
That Kirby boss? I forgot his name lol

Things they could add
Shadow boss of your own character
Old brawl bosses

Also where's home run contest and an actual all star mode? Break the targets/board the platforms?