• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
In any case; I've been thinking about making a thread for people wanting to get into DQ and remembered this image that was made a couple weeks back:
Obviously I'm not gonna make a thread with just this image in it, but I was wondering what people here think of it? I think all the text will scare people off, however I'm not "people" so I might be a poor judge of that.
Edit: Link should be good now
This lines up with the games I believe to be newcomer friendly as well (I made a beginner's guide on the first post of the first page of the Erdrick thread) though it also adds Dragon Quest 3, which is fair. This is a really good image.

I actually remember seeing a similar image for Shin Megami Tensei, but it's since been deleted from the internet for some reason. It's a shame, the image got me to start with Persona 3, which kickstarted my love of the greater SMT series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In any case; I've been thinking about making a thread for people wanting to get into DQ and remembered this image that was made a couple weeks back:
Obviously I'm not gonna make a thread with just this image in it, but I was wondering what people here think of it? I think all the text will scare people off, however I'm not "people" so I might be a poor judge of that.
Edit: Link should be good now
I think the picture itself is good and agree with many points it makes. I could add it to the main post but dunno if its the best place to put it. If you feel a new thread is worth it, maybe the Nintenzone section could work (although I don't mind the talk at all here) and I could make a link to the thread instead with big bold letters for people to see.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I think the picture itself is good and agree with many points it makes. I could add it to the main post but dunno if its the best place to put it. If you feel a new thread is worth it, maybe the Nintenzone section could work (although I don't mind the talk at all here) and I could make a link to the thread instead with big bold letters for people to see.
Yeah I figured a thread here wouldn't be allowed since it isn't smash related. I forgot about the Nintenzone thing actually, that would be better than nothing at least.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I figured a thread here wouldn't be allowed since it isn't smash related. I forgot about the Nintenzone thing actually, that would be better than nothing at least.
We could try asking a mod, since its a common topic. Quite a few people get interested in a new series when it is revealed.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
My team is around level 35. I don't know what that multifortacimiento spell is and I'm assuming Angelo learns that much later.
My team is around level 35. I don't know what that multifortacimiento spell is and I'm assuming Angelo learns that much later.
the spell is learned at level 14 and actually at level 35 you already have all spells by level of angelo.
it's called kabuff

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The only strategy I've been able to find to actually beat this bird doesn't seen to work, he's still too fast and lowers my tension down before I get a chance to attack it

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
The only strategy I've been able to find to actually beat this bird doesn't seen to work, he's still too fast and lowers my tension down before I get a chance to attack it
Have you made sure to get up to speed until you overcome Empyrea's speed?

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'm only skimming and not reading these posts too closely but it kind of looks like y'all are posting late game stuff about Dragon Quest VIII, in which case, please spoiler your posts for my sake, if you don't mind.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
I'm only skimming and not reading these posts too closely but it kind of looks like y'all are posting late game stuff about Dragon Quest VIII, in which case, please spoiler your posts for my sake, if you don't mind.
Quiet, I'm only advising you how to defeat a boss

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah it's not like were giving context on what the boss actually is.

What weapons do your characters have?
Guv has Zombiesbane

Yangus has Warhammer

Jessica and Angelo have Magical mace

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Wrong, you name dropped Empyrea, who I am currently searching for and didn't know had a boss fight associated with them.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Wrong, you name dropped Empyrea, who I am currently searching for and didn't know had a boss fight associated with them.
Oh sorry

Yeah it's not like were giving context on what the boss actually is.

Guv has Zombiesbane

Yangus has Warhammer

Jessica and Angelo have Magical mace
You are playing in the 3ds or ps2 version. If you are playing in the 3ds version you should have a rubi and a morrie

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Im playing the 3DS version.

I never actually did the stuff for Morrie lol I have Red of course but her stats are more or less the same as the other party members. Does she have good abilities for this fight?

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Im playing the 3DS version.

I never actually did the stuff for Morrie lol I have Red of course but her stats are more or less the same as the other party members. Does she have good abilities for this fight?
Well one is the fastest character of all and also learn acceleration and knives learn one of the best offensive skills and should do the morrie apart from getting to morri you get a very good skill and good equipment

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looking like no hero for EVO boys...
It might be a possibility; the video that went into detail about Joker and announced that he'd be releasing on the day afterwards came out around 8 or 9 PM.

Admittedly, that's not much to go on, but I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard anything yet. (though not totally surprised given how long we had almost nothing to go on for Joker)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It takes a lot of time for a character's programming to be done just right before picking the time to release, especially considering that they have to account for three different skins and a set of alternative specials in this case.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If he doesn't come before EVO, he'll absolutely drop/have a date very soon after EVO. Nintendo cared enough about EVO last year to drop the confirmation of a Smash direct during Melee finals, which I NEVER thought they would ever do. Evo always comes with at least one big-ish announcement for each featured game, and Nintendo at least seems to be entertaining that idea. So I think that's entirely possible.

Though I also think there's a very real chance he will drop sometime in between, because at the same time, I'm not sure if they care enough to make sure Hero is ready to be viable in time for a tourney like this.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well one is the fastest character of all and also learn acceleration and knives learn one of the best offensive skills and should do the morrie apart from getting to morri you get a very good skill and good equipment
Well in that case I'll level her up.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Well the pleasant surprise I was talking about was on the mark, came WAY earlier than I expected though.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well the pleasant surprise I was talking about was on the mark, came WAY earlier than I expected though.
Now that I've tempted fate and was proven wrong again, all that's left is to wait and see when the overview happens, within the next 15 days.

There is a rumor claiming it'll be tomorrow, but taking it with a grain of :shaker: for the moment.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Interesting I figured it would be EVO related, isn't that in August?

I figured by 17th and if not during EVO. Then again, maybe EVO didn't give enough heads up and the initial plan was late July?

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
Guys, we could get a trailer at 6 AM, it isn't over yet for EVO.

But i think it's likely he's next week.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Did they give an update notification for replays for Joker? I can't remember. I know 3.1 did a few days in advance.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Did they give an update notification for replays for Joker? I can't remember. I know 3.1 did a few days in advance.
Well they did technically announce the 3.0 update in February...

...but I don't think we got the notification until the day before.

Of course I could be wrong here.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Well they did technically announce the 3.0 update in February...

...but I don't think we got the notification until the day before.

Of course I could be wrong here.
There will most likely be a balance patch with this, so I'd assume replays will be broken. Probably trailer 1 day release the next as a heads up.

Gran-Rojo

Smash Cadet
If he doesn't come before EVO, he'll absolutely drop/have a date very soon after EVO. Nintendo cared enough about EVO last year to drop the confirmation of a Smash direct during Melee finals, which I NEVER thought they would ever do. Evo always comes with at least one big-ish announcement for each featured game, and Nintendo at least seems to be entertaining that idea. So I think that's entirely possible.

Though I also think there's a very real chance he will drop sometime in between, because at the same time, I'm not sure if they care enough to make sure Hero is ready to be viable in time for a tourney like this.
Now that Hero has been confirmed for July, I wonder what they will announce at EVO. I remember being shocked that they announced anything during the Melee time slot last year too. If they announced something small during Melee, I would imagine they would make a bigger announcement during the actual Ultimate time slot. A crossover with a fighting game would make a lot of sense to announce there.

D

Deleted member

Megadoomer Megadoomer I understand your reasoning to close the previous threads but is it possible to at least pin the original threads?

A lot of the users dedicated their time to support the characters and at least if they can't be used anymore, unlike the other socials, I would like for them to be easily visible to people browsing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer I understand your reasoning to close the previous threads but is it possible to at least pin the original threads?

A lot of the users dedicated their time to support the characters and at least if they can't be used anymore, unlike the other socials, I would like for them to be easily visible to people browsing.
Sure, I should be able to do that.

Top Bottom