• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dropping my votes on the Luminary Spirit, Erdrick Spirit, and the two other Heroes as fighter spirits, a Slime as a Support Spirit, and some of the allies (2 from each game each version of Hero represents) as Primary spirits, although some of them might be support spirits. Now that we have one series made from help with Akira Toriyama in Smash, I'm still waiting for any Dragon Ball fighter to show up at this point. I mean, come on, the Dragon Ball anime has it's own fighting and RPG games!
Toriyama doesn't own DQ characters. Sharing designers doesn't mean Dragon Ball is easier to negotiate now. Also a ton of animes have their own licensed games.

The lack of information on Smash DLC release dates is so frustrating. Nintendo really likes to spring this stuff on us at the last minute. A vague "Summer 2019" doesn't help much. Maybe in the next Famitsu Sakurai will say something like "Hero will probably come out this month," but the waiting without any clear date is just agonizing. I just want to see if the Geno costume comes with Hero.
I think it's likely that they also don't know when they'll come out, they seem like a hard character to balance.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Why do people think just because we have Dragon Quest characters all of a sudden Goku and the gang are gonna show up

D

Deleted member

Why do people think just because we have Dragon Quest characters all of a sudden Goku and the gang are gonna show up
Because ignorance I suppose.

If having Toriyama stuff made Goku likely, then Optimus Prime and Archie are happening because of Sonic having comics from Archie comics and IDW.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because they don't know how legal ownerships work. I imagine a good number of them are kids who think association via designer is enough to make a meaningful change in Goku's chaces (which is zero, btw).

EDIT: Also, now I'm imagining Catherine content in Smash because it had the same development team with Persona 5.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Because they don't know how legal ownerships work. I imagine a good number of them are kids who think association via designer is enough to make a meaningful change in Goku's chaces (which is zero, btw).

EDIT: Also, now I'm imagining Catherine content in Smash because it had the same development team with Persona 5.
People need to let Goku go Smash is and should always be video game characters first no one else the only technicality would be Rob but he's video game associated so he gets a pass just because he has video games dosen't mean he should be in Ronald McDonald has his own game dosen't mean he should get in

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People need to let Goku go Smash is and should always be video game characters first no one else the only technicality would be Rob but he's video game acoiceted so he gets a pass just because he has video games dosen't mean he should be in Ronald McDonald has his own game dosen't mean he should get in
Basically yeah.

And as I said, having the same artist doesn't make Goku possible at all.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So today is the day we suspect that we'll get an overview trailer for Hero. But I just wanna ask: at what time of day did Joker's overview release when it did? Because if they're releasing it today then I want to know the exact time. Afternoon? Nighttime? Real curious here.

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
So today is the day we suspect that we'll get an overview trailer for Hero. But I just wanna ask: at what time of day did Joker's overview release when it did? Because if they're releasing it today then I want to know the exact time. Afternoon? Nighttime? Real curious here.
Nighttime on a Tuesday. I remember coming home when I got the notification. IIRC, it was at 6 PM/9 PM Eastern.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey DQ fam! Can't wait for our Heroes to arrive. You all have probably talked to death about this, but what content are y'all excited for the most? I can't wait for the Spirit battles. Also the potential Mii Costumes! Yangus hat, please.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I wanna ask you guys something:

What do you think the Boxing Ring title would be? Would there be individual titles for the costumes or would they just use one for all of them?

D

Deleted member

Would be pretty hype if Guv’s title was something close to the slogan of his support thread here (Trodain’s Royal Guard).

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
If Eights boxing ring title isn't Guv I will be sad. But it'll probably be trodain guardsmen or something. Or they could do a general dragon warrior as the title.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if LEGO made Dragon Quest sets?

I would honestly love to check the BrickFilms that could come from that.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, since they’re titles they could go for:

The Luminary
The Erdrick
The Dragovian Protector
The Zenithian Warrior

(The chad Hero)

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
In Japan, all of Bowser Jr.'s alts share the same name, "The multipurpose chariot" or something like that.

I think whether or not Japan does something similar that they'll still do separate titles for each different protagonist, however.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There probably won't be a shadow drop, so try not to act surprised if nothing happens.

Because someone I won't name is being stubborn about him not being wanted by the Smash fanbase, and desperately expects them to be proven wrong.

I think it's likely that they also don't know when they'll come out, they seem like a hard character to balance.
Plus messing up a single thing in regards to Hero would have the JP DQ fanbase get annoyed faster than those few Waluigi fans who pestered Sakurai's Twitter.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
There probably won't be a shadow drop, so try not to act surprised if nothing happens.

Because someone I won't name is being stubborn about him not being wanted by the Smash fanbase, and desperately expects them to be proven wrong.

Plus messing up a single thing in regards to Hero would have the JP DQ fanbase get annoyed faster than those few Waluigi fans who pestered Sakurai's Twitter.
was it that person with a sonic fan character?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You are talking about Electrichu right?
Yeah, though I think he may have changed his username slightly these days.

Hey DQ fam! Can't wait for our Heroes to arrive. You all have probably talked to death about this, but what content are y'all excited for the most? I can't wait for the Spirit battles. Also the potential Mii Costumes! Yangus hat, please.
I'm looking forward to the spirit sets myself.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Man I really want a DQ boss!
I know there’s little chance of that happening but... say we get a tiny new map for WoL with a boss included that also gets added to Boss Rush segment of WoL.

And it either has to be Dragonlord, Zoma, or Psaro. (Although I feel The latter would be a spirit battle against Dracula, if bosses count for Spirit battles).

Or heck... maybe Estark!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yeah, though I think he may have changed his username slightly these days.

I'm looking forward to the spirit sets myself.
glad I never ran into whoever that is debating with people who want real anime characters in would kill me
Man I really want a DQ boss!
I know there’s little chance of that happening but... say we get a tiny new map for WoL with a boss included that also gets added to Boss Rush segment of WoL.

And it either has to be Dragonlord, Zoma, or Psaro. (Although I feel The latter would be a spirit battle against Dracula, if bosses count for Spirit battles).

Or heck... maybe Estark!
i think haveing a King Slime be a boss would be fun

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
One thing how you think we will open the menu and specifically the special that change.
I think it will be by pressing a button when shielding like the ink ink refill although I still do not know how to choose the special in particular

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I think it'll be one menu with multiple pages now, I think this will make it easier for people to understand and just use the control stick to go through it. 3 pages*4 spells for 12 down Bs and then swoosh is an up b, zap is side B and frizz is neutral B.

Hold down+B get a menu, tap it for last selected spell. B selects the spell and it can be shield or airdodge canceled.

D

Deleted member

You think Dhoulmagus could work as a Smash Bros boss too?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So far my Waiting for Hero Playlist looks like this:

1) DQ Overture + Adventuring
2) Hoes Mad
3) I need a Hero
4) Hero (Nickelback) :dazwa:
5) I can go the distance
6) I can be your hero baby
7) We need a Hero (Power Rangers - season 2)

And still looking to fill more spots. :p

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
My "Waiting for The Hero" playlist I'm thinking is this.

1. Hearts On Fire (John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band)
2. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
3. No Easy Way Out (Robert Tepper)
4. Born To Be A Winner (John Loeffler & John Siegler)
5. Rockstar (Nickelback)
6. Falling Down (Breaking Point)
7. Change (Deftones)
8. Revelation (American Pearl)
9. Lost (Haji's Kitchen)
10. Phoenix (Breaking Point)
11. Hero (Skillet)

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
Top Bottom