• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

T-major

Smash Champion
It's on the 5th page of Iwata Asks. He sets up his Multi Bottle Rocket, bends over and puts his hands over his head and starts sweating, looking back to see if they've gone off yet. Even though he's like the only person that can use them to any effect in the game, it seems right that he would also be scared of them :p
yeah, I saw it right after I posted that. he looks sweet.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Well gang! It's official.

Jeff is an assist trophy. There are now no more MOTHER reps realistically standing in the way of Claus. This is pretty awesome.

Again, I still support a new thread, but.. it's getting a bit late in the game for one.
The only other possible Rep, NESS, is confirmed though. I hope this doesn't mean Claus isn't just a boss. I'd cry. D:

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure I've said this before, but I don't believe that there is any way possible that Ness really hurts anyone's chances of getting in. I know that more goes into making a game and choosing the characters for it than "oh well look, teh mother seriz isnt ver popular wit people who arnt japan so lol i gess it only gets 1 rep :/". There's way more to it than that. Most of all, playability. It's not who knows the character (Mr.G&W) or how much of a spoiler said character is (Sheik), it's how well can a moveset be made for that character without making the character the best character evar or extremely lame.

I see all this stuff "Well if Ridley's in then that means Claus has more of a chance" but that's not the case. Think about Ridley. The only time he's ever been as big as Samus is in the first Metroid, and he couldn't be any bigger. Ever since he's been HUGE. You can't play with someone that big. Using Bowser to counter this statement holds no water, as Bowser isn't as large as Ridley. His wingspan alone seems to be the length of Final Destination. His confirmation would mean nothing more than Sakurai has gone mad or is a genious. Just because people suggested someone a lot on the character polls doesn't really mean anything, it's the sad truth.

But what isn't sad and still is the truth is that Claus is the one Mother character that could make people who have never played the series know that there is more to it than just casting magics. An almost fully physical fighter, with a history that almost kills the common perception of what Mother is all about, taking the story from one about the power of love and happiness and turning it into a real view of life, about how there is evil in everyone, and it can be brought out by anyone, about how death and sorrow can affect anyone, and about how even though it looks like you've completely turned to the side of evil, you can redeem yourself. Claus isn't in the same family of PSI users as Ness and Lucas. He only knows one PSI move. His thunder is generated by his sword, not by his mind. And all of that is what makes him more likely than any other Mother character, or really, any other character from any other obscure little series. And no amount of "proof" otherwise can really argue with that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well gang! It's official.

Jeff is an assist trophy. There are now no more MOTHER reps realistically standing in the way of Claus. This is pretty awesome.

Again, I still support a new thread, but.. it's getting a bit late in the game for one.
Not quite. Every MOTHER character but Lucas, Duster, Jeff, still have a chance no matter how unlikely.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
They don't have multiple mentions on the poll, however.

Jeff is, or was, the only realistic second choice I could think of. I know the poll isn't a guarantee of things to come, but Jeff did get 2 mentions...

Same as Claus... We'll see, but things are looking up for him.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
O RLY!?

same size as Ridely, if not bigger. Ridley will (yes, WILL) be resized to be playable.

but I agree with what you said about... everything else.
That's the only time he's ever been that big. Ever. I think he was doing super shrooms as well as hot tubbing. Or maybe the green goo water made him huge, because if you'll remember the ending, he was back to normal size (I think. It's been forever)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, ****. No Claus in Brawl--frankly I didn't see him at all, not even as a boss. I guess Sakurai really IS incompetent. :ohwell:

...I'm really sad, guys. :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This better not be it. If it is, I demand to know why this was design as if it were the last game yet we get 35 characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let's hope so. Come to think of it. Wasn't it revealed a while back that characters can be unlocked via clearing game modes, playing a certain number of matches, etc.? If so, then our Masked Boy still has a chance.

I doubt he was talking about character roster or stage roster. If he was, we wouldn't have Brawl out right now. He was obviously talking about content - add enough to the whole of the game to keep people playing for years.

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
At least Claus is a sticker, :D
Because I feel that Ness ***** and destroyed Claus chances of being a fighter in Brawl.
The Pokey boss battle didn't even make it better at all.

Edit: Because Vesperview and Ouendanantion were banned. I think I should resume my leadership over this club. And my first decision is to disband this club.
Farewell. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You can't disband this club! He's not down and out until the very end where there's no way around it. Right now, this is every unconfirmed character's darkest hour.

Top Bottom