• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Baltimore Melee Thread

Baltimarth

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone,

After discovering there's a lack of people interacting with each other from around Baltimore, MD, I wanted to create a new thread for those who live around the Baltimore area. I am interested in meeting up with new people, and discovering more events. Currently, the only tournaments I am aware of that I can attend is the S@X series. So far in my area of Harford County, I haven't discovered any other smashers besides my two friends Sal and Manbun01. This thread is for everything for everyone within an hour and a half radius of Baltimore.

ylo

Smash Rookie
I'm interested in getting into Melee tournaments (I own the game but I've never competed) and I live in baltimore. Is there like a guide or something for beginners to understanding the tournament system and etc?

Siege1

Smash Rookie
I'm super new but my friend who is coaching me is decent. Been to Xanadu once so far but hope to be going more as well as to UMD and maybe Frederick.

Jasona

Smash Ace
i'm thinking about jumping back into the game with some of my spare time. no idea if i still am, or ever was, any good. my stubbornness for ONLY playing samus didn't always go well in tournaments. gonna dig up my old controller and system tomorrow and see what i remember.

if it all goes well, i'll be at the UMD tournament next month

harford county, md (21001)
also, i'm an older player (30)

Last edited:

Baltimarth

Smash Cadet
i'm thinking about jumping back into the game with some of my spare time. no idea if i still am, or ever was, any good. my stubbornness for ONLY playing samus didn't always go well in tournaments. gonna dig up my old controller and system tomorrow and see what i remember.

if it all goes well, i'll be at the UMD tournament next month

harford county, md (21001)
also, i'm an older player (30)
What UMD tournament?

Jasona

Smash Ace
december 19, the unity melee monthly
http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-19-2015-unity-melee-monthly-college-park-md.424004/?id=2210

EDIT -> at some point soon, i'll try reaching out to the local players who have posted in the last year, but given up on finding a local scene. the last time i checked there were a few. I'll try organizing a monthly (possibly biweekly) meet-up at my house.

Anybody interested in some regular practice? I live 1 mile away from the aberdeen amtrak station

Last edited:

Baltimarth

Smash Cadet
I'd like to practice with you but I'm in Bel Air, MD but if it's too far I got you. I want to have a tournament in Harco somewhere but setups and attendees to find is a hard thing

Jasona

Smash Ace
bel air isn't far from me, so i don't mind traveling to you for practice. if you're free on either of the next two saturdays, send me a private message with the times you can play and we'll haggle out the details of meeting up

CrispyKarp

Smash Rookie
NNID
Muscar
3DS FC
0404-7247-3657
I'm in anne arundel county and I just picked up melee literally yesterday after years of not playing it. I can't do much now, but I'll definitely be up for meet ups and practice in the upcoming year.

Garbage Chic

Smash Rookie
Upstate NY (Capitol Region ) / Towson, MD
Me and some friends who live in Towson are looking to play some more next semester. We've got a decent group from Goucher who play together but I'd say at a tournament scene we'd all be pretty scrubby; all but one of us has been too busy to make Xanadu or TCG.

I'm hoping to host some smash fests or just have some people come chill and play next semester (I'll be back around the 11th of January). I'd really like someone who can kick my ass and teach me some stuff but playing partners would be good too. Also if you like beer we're usually pretty well stocked (if your 21 of course).

crayab

Smash Rookie
Hey guys :D I'm down here in Brooklyn/Glen Burnie area if anyone wants to play!

GoldenEcho

Smash Rookie
Me and some friends who live in Towson are looking to play some more next semester. We've got a decent group from Goucher who play together but I'd say at a tournament scene we'd all be pretty scrubby; all but one of us has been too busy to make Xanadu or TCG.

I'm hoping to host some smash fests or just have some people come chill and play next semester (I'll be back around the 11th of January). I'd really like someone who can kick my *** and teach me some stuff but playing partners would be good too. Also if you like beer we're usually pretty well stocked (if your 21 of course).

I go to TU, are y'all still down?

Top Bottom