• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
just found out today that you can throw turnips straight out of giant punch charge lol
not really that good but would be funny to maybe bait someone into getting hit by a stitch or bobomb that you caught

Speaking of items, what are some things you can go for if you catch one? DK's throws aren't very good in general (dash throw is hella funny tho best animation in the game), so I usually try to get something off a z drop. Like zdrop bair or zdrop punch if I have it. That kind of stuff doesn't link for real but most people get caught if you jump over them - zdrop - turnaround punch. Useful for shield pressure too which can get you a pretty free grab which is nice against Peach cause I usually can't grab her for ****.

Ozurip

Smash Rookie
New here. I've got a question about a monkey.

What should my gameplan be for Samus? I can bair through missiles, I know I can cargo uthrow-uair, and I know I need to basically stay on top of her so she doesn't have room to spam missiles, and be careful of up-b OoS. Anything else? Seems like jab-grab works pretty well, but I don't know if that's because the Samus I'm fighting is just bad.

Adamante

Smash Rookie
Up-B is DK's best option OoS, but it's not always safe so you have to figure out when to use it

Nydren

Smash Rookie
Okay so can anyone enter in SSC? From the looks of it I always see top players who are highly ranked, but when checking it out it seemed like anyone could compete. So can anyone, even beginners who have never gone to a tournament before, compete in Super Smash Con.
Thanks

Top Bottom