• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
MK IS BAD!

>M2K loses previous tournaments before

MK IS BAD!

>M2K loses in this tournament pretty bad

MK IS...?

>MK WINS Apex

MK ISNT SO BAD

D

Deleted member

Firstly, I'm hella sad that this topic, the Apex results/shoutouts thread is both Melee and Brawl. I have to look through all the ****ing muck in this topic to found out what homeys are shoutin out about and you see stupid *** brawl/ metaknight posts. ****..

2ndly, shoutouts later, Tope don't feel bad about ****** me I was done for as soon as I lost to Armada

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Brawl top 16 stats: (at work don't have time for nice looking formatting)

4 Metaknights (1 sides ICS)
4 Olimar
2 Diddy Kong
2 Falco (1 sides MK)
2 Snake
1 ROB
1 Pikachu

9 USA
7 Other Countries

4 NJ/NY
1 FL
2 Texas
2 Cali
1 Canada
6 Japan

56.25% USA
37.5% Japan
6.25% Canada

25% Metaknight
25% Olimar
12.5% Diddy Kong
12.5% Falco
12.5% Snake
6.25% R.O.B.
6.25% Pikachu

Does anyone know exactly how many japanese players entered the event? I have some fun statistics for everyone after I know that

D

Deleted member

Hack 5th place in pools? Europe got *****

Johnny losing to Jpeg and SmashMac? I assumed only Top 2 made it out of Pool R1. That's how it should be imo.

Washington got kinda bodied. C!Z, Vish, Bladewise eh in Pools R1. SW 0-2 v Darc. Eggz 0-2 in bracket. Toph, Vish not making bracket (although no shame in losing to Stric. Dunno who Vish lost to cuz R2 pools aren't all up).

lol @ stabbed's campy *** Falco getting 2nd seed in Pools R2. I fear stuff like that hurts you in the long run cuz it reinforces that campy = good and helps ensure you stay good, but never become great.

Who is Abate and why did you lose to him Weston Dennis? He lost to HBK and Ravenlord in R2. Step it up Wes!

rofl @ silentswag getting 0-2'd by everyone in Pools R2.

daaang, Vanz 2-0 Weon-x. gj Sung taking a game off of him!

Pools R2 14-29 are not showing up.

Darc had a impressive showing.

Too bad SW/Bladewise and S2J/Wes had to take each other out.

Unlucky brackets: SW, S2J, Wobbles, StriCNYN3, Unknown522, Zhu, Chillindude829, PC Chris, Jman, Javi, Bladewise

Lucky brackets: Tope, DaShizWiz, Ice (cept for Mango), KirbyKaze (cept for HBox), Hax (cept for Jman)

Thanks for the awesome quality stream and the timely video uploads. Great stuff Apex staff, even if Marvel/Street Fighter on stream was lame.
i beat smashmac and jpeg in pools and got 1st seed, they incorrectly marked me as 3rd seed but smashmac did not grime it up and went out of his way to make sure **** was fixed

Flayl

Smash Hero
Brawl top 16 stats: (at work don't have time for nice looking formatting)

4 Metaknights (1 sides ICS)
4 Olimar
2 Diddy Kong
2 Falco (1 sides MK)
2 Snake
1 ROB
1 Pikachu
This is wrong... I dunno what you're doing but I don't appreciate it when people try to flub statistics to get their bias across.

MKs:
Otori
Nairo
Kakera (with IC secondary)
Ally
Mew2King
Rain

delirium

Smash Rookie
With the hype the picture is getting, I needed to post this up. Footage I took the crowd and OCEAN as he won the set from the same POV of the camera that took the picture. Pardon my finger at times: I was holding the phone up and away to get as good of a shot as possible and I was trying to re-adjust my grip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVgZbH5ljgQ&feature=youtu.be

Yessss, thanks for this ... was scouring youtube for some footage, I knew it had to be out there!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Fun tournament. I still can't believe a player like me useing Peach made it into bracket. shoutouts later.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Javi's performance at Apex 2012

Winner's Bracket:
Defeated Cactuar
Lost to Lovage

Loser's Bracket:
Defeated Redd
Defeated Weon-X
Defeated KoreanDJ
Defeated VaNz
Defeated Lovage
Defeated Hax
Defeated Dr Peepee
Lost to Hungrybox
Very few people could have made it even halfway through that bracket. Even r1 vs Cactuar is extremely hard.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Had fun at this even though I didn't enter singles or doubles.

Shoutouts to:

Waldo: Nice meeting you man. We shoulda played.

XLR8: Tricky Sonic, confused me with your movements sometimes lolol. Good stuff.

Ussi: Good stuff recording the crew battle, and being an Asian Ike along with me haha.

Takeover: Great meeting you for the first time man! Didn't think you actually remembered me, but fun fun friendlies. Ike vs Peach is stupid, agreed.

Golden-Psycho: Huge props for coming out of country to come to this. You were pretty impressive to watch.

Nysyarc: Great meeting you! I always thought you were a pretty intelligent guy and talking to you offline just confirmed my thoughts.

Berserker Swordsman: My favorite moment: when you took out Polt's stock with an Aether lmao. MVP of the crew battle in my book.

San: Good stuff making it out of round 2 pools. I know you had a rough time in bracket, but just making it out of those death pools is enough to make me proud of you, well done. Let's train more once we're both back at Cornell and teach each other something or two.

Ryo: Nice finally meeting you man. Your Ike is just stupidly good with your great reads. Great job coming out. Keep it up!

Dmbrandon: Hey man, I did grow taller! Great to see you as always, and looking fresh haha. Huge props to you for helping run this. If you and the rest of Juice Gaming do run a Concentrate IV, I WILL be there!

Gunblade: Shoutouts for being a chill *** commentator. Kept me interested to watch the stream when I went back home for Saturday/Sunday. Well done.

Anti: Either because I left early or you were busy, whichever it was, we didn't get our offline friendlies in! Shoutouts for prioritizing your sleep and own health over pools haha.

Ninjalink: I feel kinda bad for not even going up to you and saying hi while on the other hand, you saw me and said hi haha. I was surprised you still remembered me, but great seeing you! We should play sometime.

TeeVee: You were playing doubles with Bloodcross on Friday right? Thought I would come up to you and say hi but you looked so into doubles so I thought better of it. Good stuff in doubles with blackanese.

Toronto Joe: Did not see you at this :(.

Jbandrew: Did not see you at this :(.

idea

Smash Master
idea, where is mango's shoutout??
3: Mango ($804.00) - i'm waiting for that salty blog post.
does that shoutout displease you? :p mango never has anything to say to me, i dunno why i would have anything more substantial to say to him.

Firstly, I'm hella sad that this topic, the Apex results/shoutouts thread is both Melee and Brawl. I have to look through all the ****ing muck in this topic to found out what homeys are shoutin out about and you see stupid *** brawl/ metaknight posts. ****..

2ndly, shoutouts later, Tope don't feel bad about ****** me I was done for as soon as I lost to Armada
lol agreed...i'm gonna have to increase the amount of posts per page or something, too much **** to scroll through

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
This is wrong... I dunno what you're doing but I don't appreciate it when people try to flub statistics to get their bias across.

MKs:
Otori
Nairo
Kakera (with IC secondary)
Ally
Mew2King
Rain
Not trying to be biased at all, simply forgot ally doesn't main snake anymore, somehow it slipped my mind.

I thought Rain was primarily falco also but you're telling me no so i'll take your word for it and adjust i'm just throwing general stats out there

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
[/QUOTE]

Too many nugguzzz not enough hoezzzzzzzz lol jk... Prob. the most epic picture in the world... ALlyz face is priceless lmao0

Sharky

Smash Master
Someone took my copy of brawl out of my wii. It was in the back of the venue most of the weekend, and on Sunday it was moved up front for the livestream set-up. If anyone knows anything about this please PM me.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shoutouts

Amazing tournament. Will remember this one for the rest of my life for sure. On to shoutouts!

Dmbrandon and Doom- You two have my utmost respect. You guys did great job running everything and making sure APEX 2012 ran successfully. I was honored to work with both of you this weekend and would help co-host/work tournaments in the future in a heartbeat.

Alex Strife- Amazing job organizing everything together to make APEX 2012 become a reality. The community is grateful for what you have done. Although I blame you for the Steelers losing to the Broncos since you made me Tebow WITH MY STEELERS JERSEY ON to get the controller from the raffle LOL.

Chibo- Good job as usual with brackets for brawl, and running pokemon. You know I'm always willing to help you out with stuff.

Rest of APEX staff/refs: It was great working with all of you to make APEX 2012 a success!

General shoutout to Florida. It was great seeing everyone again! I wished I had the time to play every single one of you, but the time restraints prevented that :(.

Japan-You guys are all awesome. Also you put a new meaning to "America-Land of the free"

3. Nairo ($960)-Nairo going the **** in. Amazing job!
4. ESAM ($640)-Floda! Great seeing you again, good job, and best of luck at clemson!
5. Ally ($320)- Never seen you so excited/happy as you were when you beat Razer.
9. OCEAN- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVgZbH5ljgQ&list=LL5SC6D9Uo0BqJq2d_PXwLBQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video
9. DEHF- Good **** making top 10. Rep the bird. Great job against gnes btw!
13. Mew2King - Glad carroll came to rescue with your controller! pretty solid performance, but I though for sure you were making top 10.
13. Rain- THAT AIN'T FALCO RAIN. ITS MK. Falco please DX
17. Havok - Apparently there's a rumor I beat you in a mm lol. Was there anyone who looked like me/used my tag who played you?
17. Fatal-I should of listened to mvd, and not went falco on you, because that Falco snake game was the most lopsided match I played all weekend lmaooo. At least fox did a lot better.
17. Z
17. vVv Zero - Good **** getting top 20. Your ridiculous at this game sir.
17. mikeHAZE- Good seeing you
17. Orion- Glad we got to play some matches :D. Thanks for the tips, and good job with the placing!
17. Shugo - Good job! I need to come train with you some time, you are too good at this game.
25. Will-"Just forward air him he doesnt know how to di it!" Also thanks for whooping my *** so much whenever we play; it really helped me when I faced Ripple.
25. Atomsk-eh....I think I may be 10th best Falco now, meh. But that means so much anyway LOL.
33. Bloodcross- It sucks soooo much you choked vs otori game three :(. You had that ****!
33. Illmatic- Didn't get to play you :(
33. Trevonte- Good ****
33. Toronto Joe- Good ****
33. Nakat - Good ****
33. DeLux- Nice meeting you!
49. GDX - What up Floridaaaa
49. Dark.Pch - Good set we had. You adapted after game one and I failed to adjust. If I would of won I may of been the one going to bracket, not you. Good job making bracket. Until the next time we play ;)
49. Sky`. - AMAAAAAZINNGGGGGGGGGG
49. san - Well you certainly did a lot better against me this time than last year. I got bodied LOL. good stuff making bracket.
49. NickRiddle- Glad you were in my pool and I got to play you again. Looking forward to getting another shot at you in the future :)
49. Vinnie- Good job making bracket, but I thought you were going to do so much better than this D:
49. Seagull- We need to rematch sometime since we didnt get the chance to here.

My first round pool:
Fatal-See above
BPOW-I don't know how they missed you when they were seeding. #2 in Iowa and you sure played like a #2 ranked player. Don't feel bad about making it out; you played extremely well and you got this next time. I'm just very fortunate to have a lot of wario experience between my crew, and blue rogue.
Leffen- Falco dittos suck :3. I hated doing it just as much as you did.
Luigi Sama- ggs. You landed a shoryuken on me and thats all a weegii needs :D

My second round pool:
Nick riddle- see above
Kprime- lahfoiwehgbngjnwgjko= pretty much summed up how I felt after game one. Both us over 180% last stock. Ugh sooo salty I lost that first game. Game two went down the ****ter for me lmao. GGs nonetheless.
Dark peach-see above
Ripple- Damn DK is ******** good on delfino. Thank will for whooping my *** so much as it helped when I faced your DK. ggs and get m2k ocean up asap!

Crew-Global Enterprises
Berserker-Your pool gave me a headache when I was doing the math on who would get out. Don't be discouraged though, as you did extremely well for your first national.
Umbra- That first stock vs lains ice climbers...oh....my....goodness. If you played like that all the time I would be petrified of you. Learn to be more patient!
Melon- Your pool was so stacked. Good job with the cards you were dealt though. We got bodied in teams lollll.
Prodigy-It was great finally meeting you
Javier-Nice seeing you again!
Jmoan-I avenged your loss to leffen!....in brawl.
Dobs-doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobs
Slim-Grease trucks ftw. Fun drive too

Pittsburgh/Melee:
Hungrybox-Good seeing you again Juan. Great job getting second! Hope you had a safe trip back. You know if you every feel like visiting, your always welcome to stay at my house. Until next time amigo!
Vudujin-Good **** making bracket and making money selling your creations!
Carroll-Love the pictures taken of you loooooool.
Taki-Good seeing you again!
Rest of pittsburgh-Glad you made it out! Pittsburgh da bess.

Others:

Ryo-Great seeing you again! Don't ever, EVER let falco go to FD ;)
MVD-Much thanks for the snake practice before my pool. Fox is definitely my best snake fighter still.
MX-See what I mean about abusing the fear of upsmash? You played much better after you applied that!
Mink- To the victor goes the spoils. You let me learn your puff too quickly ;)
Z0mfg-ggs in our mm. Don't fish for the cg so much!
Zeton- So glad I finally met you. Way to go beating Mr.R in a mm, without even knowing it was him LOOOOOOL. Wanted to play you really bad but sadly time did not allow it D:
Xzax-We need to play again sometime!
KT-Same as Xzax's
Dtorr-Great seeing you again!
Seibrik-wassup kirbies
Excel-
:troll:

don't worry, I'll take good care of it. At least I won something at apex XD

Shoutouts to anyone I forgot(and I know I did). I'll keep adding them to this post as I remember them!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
My name is literally last in that list of peepz who made bracket. Da bess.

Shoutouts later...

:018:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
posting to subscribe from my chem class.

this tournament was alright. wish i coulda done better in teams. did what i had hoped for in singles.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
1. Otori - You'll never see this but good games and great job winning. このが、良いゲームと勝利は素晴らしい仕事を参照してくださいことは決してないだろう。
2. Nietono - Great job. 素晴らしい仕事
3. Nairo - NAIRO I LOVE YOU WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Amazing job with Top 3 buddy ole pal.
4. ESAM - You are the most hype player to watch. Good **** with Top 4.
5. Kakera - Great job. 素晴らしい仕事
5. Ally - sup mang, GJ getting dat salty runback on Brood
7. ADHD - Happy belated Bday... you must have taken a ****in yo
9. Rich Brown - You told me to mix up my style... I didn't mix up my style. I'm stupid lolol. Good **** beating M2K
9. OCEAN - Great job beating M2K. M2Kを破って素晴らしい仕事
9. DEHF - ugh wish you would have beaten Japan. good job though
13. Brood - Great job. 素晴らしい仕事
13. Rain - Great job. 素晴らしい仕事
17. Fatal - 2 ****ing Olimars. I would hate to have your bracket. Good job repping NE Matt.
17. vVv Zero - Good to meet you. We forgot to MM but oh well, GJ with the placing.
17. mikeHAZE - Nice seeing ya again and ggs in the MM.
17. Mr. R - ****ing crazy Marth
17. Orion - Nice job Orion. You did work
17. Shugo - Nice job Shugo but I'm still better.
25. Zex - GGs bro. My MK ****ing SUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKEDDDDDDDDDDD. nah but my top tier sandbagging tho ;)
25. Tyrant - Nice meetin ya and thanks for the props
25. Seibrik - GGs in the MM. Your Wario is good bro. OMG YOUR ****ING PINK HAT I WANT IT
25. Will - I be trolling japan ALL DAYYYYYYYYYYY
33. Mikeray - Nice seein ya mike. Too bad we didn't chill much. GJ making it to bracket.
33. Illmatic - Nice meeting you bro.
33. Toronto Joe - I'll be doing everything I can to make that Canada tournament. It will be a long shot BUT I'LL BE THERE JOE
49. Pwii - Nice sweater cutie
49. 4GOD - GGs in bracket. I actually played extensive friendlies with my friend Adept, another DDD. So who knows if I would have won or not w.o that practice O.o
49. False - GOOD **** FALSE. Keep that Snake up.
49. san - phew, dodged that double 3 stock bullet by playing you. Nice seeing you again.
49. Vinnie - My Snake. idk why but it makes you mad and run away every time I say it 8-)
49. Dojo - REALLY GGs in pools bro. One Side B to the middle allllllll game... ugh that choke lolol

Sphere - Thank you very much for driving and coming to my house as well. YOUNG LINK YOUNG LINK
Almo - ALMOS GETTING *****. No but seriously, good job with EVERYTHING. Getting out of R1 pools, not playing any matches in R2 lol, your girlfriend, not listening to your parents for once, BOTH OF THOSE RAPS (you HAVE to upload them soon) and overall being such a great guy. props
Teevee - DUDE WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE. 3 1/2 HOURS NONSTOP OF ****ING DOUBLES. I GOT SO GIDDY WHEN WE FINALLY LOST. Anyway, thanks for chillin bro. PT is hard man :(
Fats - ily LOL BUT **** YOU THERE'S A TIME WHEN I JUST WANT TO LEAVE AND FOR YOU TO STOP TALKING. bs socialites. nah jk lol but it was nice seeing you again and thanks for coming to my house. That soda machine at five guys had you ****ting bricks ROFL it's like YO LEARN TECHNOLOGY BRO (OH WAIT NO LAPTOP HAHAHA)
Sails - ****, calm down LOL. Btw I ended up finding my bag with the controllers, THEN I LOST IT AGAIN. I AM JUST ****ING STUPID. LOL BUT THAT ONLY MAKES YOU EVEN MORE SALTY SO WORDDDDD
hinkage - ROFL god i love playing you. I pick up new trolling techniques every time we play LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Chudat - WOW I GOT LUCKY LMAO
Zucco - Stick to polos. **** your disney crap. Anyway nice seeing you again and be grateful I didn't **** you physically this time. u know... in the ***
Nicole - #galagamachine, oh and u still have my tag u HOR... but that only means im still next. IM NEXT
ikon - YEAH IM NEXT, NOT YOU, GET YOUR OWN ****. Anyway GGs in the MM. I can only win with MK it seems. you ****ing ****
bleachigo/xzax/mav/kid/ALL OTHER FALCOS WHO DROWNED - ... ROFLGDFSJ LKGJDFSLKG SCRUBS GET ON MY LEVEL. No but it was nice seeing you all again oh and thanks for the coaching/upload Mav.
Leo/C.awesum - THE BEAVER? DID YOU SAY... THE BEAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Dazwa - That's some dedication to go to Apex while feeling like ****. Glad you came.
Darc - DAMN WAY TO **** BRAWL POOLS. WOW, ARE YOU LIKE... GOOD AT THIS GAME OR SOMETHING? stay free
ALL OF NEW ENGLAND - It was nice to see you all again. If it weren't for this community of friends, idk where I would be. Probably no where tbh. I've learned how to properly socialize since I joined the community.... still working on that though. Anyway, THANK YOU.
Alex/DM/Doom/chibo/etc - Great job hosting. I know Saturday was a heavy toll but you pulled it off in the end on Sunday and the tourney turned out great. THANK YOU

I've had enough typing (and copy/pasta from google translate). Sorry if I missed you.

Apex2012!!

Coney

Smash Master
it's time for another edition of

CONEY SHOUTOUTS

- **** metaknight in his stupid ****ing *** goddamnit *********** ***** **** **** ******* *******
- west coast smashers on the whole are cool as ****
- i've actually been kind of depressed the last few days thinking about how i was so close to beating otori and saving us all, i know that sounds egocentric but 4 real tho
- 4GOD is incredible and, if he continues to improve, will one day surpass me
- someone got me sick and **** you
- smash 64 is crazy-go-nuts
- R U hungry is really good
- how are people so good at this game? it is honestly mind-boggling
- red gatorade should have sponsored the event
- did anyone actually complete the ganon gauntlet?
- really really sucks so much stuff didn't happen, and what happened to the ~12 free play setups at all times? typically had to wait an entire set (sometimes 2!) just to get on a TV, that's bogus
- i wish all the people in this community were ****ty so i could finally quit this stupid game

bye guys

Anth0ny

Smash Master
My first national, had an absolute blast.

I'll post shoutouts when I catch up on sleep. Spent more time playing Melee than sleeping O_O

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I want to make a global shout out to the Japanese players for doing so well at Brawl here at Apex, and another to everyone who made it beyond Round 2 Pools. This event was undoubtedly one of the most difficult, stacked, ridiculous tournaments in the history of SSBB, and anyone who managed to preservere that far is legit in my book.

Also, these shout outs were done on the flight back home, and I have no internet as of now, so if I miss you on the shoutsies, don't feel insulted or whatnot. There were a TON of people I met over the weekend, so I'm expecting to forget someone here or there.

Annnnyways:

Nike: Fun stuff this weekend. Marth tournament must have made buckets. BUCKETS.

Paw: Business as usual. The sizzler was just too good.

Slush: We gave you two chances to spoon, and you squandered them both. You have no one to blame but yourself, good sir.

K Prime: Sucks that we drowned in pools. It was one hell of a fun weekend though. Doubles was just awesome.

Leaf: It was awesome hanging with you all weekend. Rainbow colored cupcakes TOO GOOD. Can't wait til you come down to SA again. It's gonna be sweet.

Golden Psycho: That European accent was LEGENDARY. It was awesome finally meeting you in person. It was probably one of the very first times I actually got culture shock. No Oreos or Twinkies. I'd end myself.

Dojo: Didn't talk much, but it was cool to hang out with you in the small amount of time that we had. Those 7-11 Pizzas were friggin' incredible.

Red Ryu & Xiivi: I didn’t recognize you guys at all until I saw RR playing in doubles on Friday. It was cool to finally meet you two. RR, we’ll sit down and watch SatAM some other time. Too much was going on of course. :p

Strong Bad: Same as with GP. It was awesome hanging with you for the weekend. Good set on Monday too. Your Pikachu is pretty spot on. Just get those chain grabs to be more consistent and you'll improve by a ton.

Denti, Gnes, Razer, & P4: Fun hangin' and seeing you again. We didn't really talk much. :<

Trela: I heard you did good things in singles, but never got a chance to check it out over the crowds. Congrats on bracket.

Pwii & Jtails: Good game in doubles. I can't even begin to tell you how many heart attacks I had during our games.

ShadowPJ: Thanks for chilling out with me after I drowned in pools. Helped pick me up from my blue funk. It's definitely appreciated.

Speed: Good half-game, and our Sonic's are somehow similar in approach yet totally different. It's kinda funny how it works. Those double ditto sets were full of hilarity. We'll hopefully meet again someday soon.

KID: I had no idea you were so animated in real life. You really left a positive, lasting impression on me, and I look forward to seeing you and the other Sonics up north someday again. It was incredibly fun to hang around.

BAM: We didn't get to talk too much, but it was great meeting you.

XLR8: ^

True Blue: Those double dittos were just so great. Your Sonic's smooth as hell and fun to watch.

Meekspeedy: You went Meta Knight in pools. </3

KayLo: It was awesome meeting up. Sorry if I acted like a goof half of the time. Just hyped about all of the events and whatnot. I swear.

Stealth Raptor: Your set with Leaf was so close. It was great to sit down and play you. I should've gone Sonic at one point. Sorry about that. :<

Doll: I think I might have diabetes from the sweetness you radiate. It was good to see you.

Mink: I never got to check out your Puff, OR give you the Jigglypuff sweatband I had back at my hotel. Either way, it was cool chatting it up with you. Cheers.

Bronies: I don't remember EVERYONE off the top of my head, but it was great to see how many of us were there at APEX. We should've gone to Bronycon. :p

Z: Cool to finally meet you. We didn't get to friendly. :<

ESAM: Your sets on the live stream were awesome. Ice Climber dittos are too good. Thanks for the help in coaching K Prime and I during our live stream set. It gave me a good idea of how we stand on our team dynamic. It'll definitely help sometime soon.

Zero: We didn't play at all. I'm sad. ;-;

Nairo: Congrats on an absolutely amazing performance. Wish I got a chance at you before everything was over, but make no mistake that you had some of the most entertaining sets in the entire tournament. Keep it up!

MikeHaze: We'll never play each other at this rate. /wrists

Lauren: There's not much I can say here that I didn't say to you at the event. It was so, so, so awesome to see you and Haze again, and I simply can't thank you enough for making the Applejack tag for me. I'll definitely do whatever I can to visit the West Coast soon. It was a blast at Apex. <3

Vex: I honestly REALLY wanted to see you go at it at Mortal Kombat 9, but I never got the opportunity during the event. Was loads of fun.

Dabuz: Good games in pools. Sorry that I raged though, it's not something that I do, but I guess I let my frustration get the better of me that day. Hope we get to play again soon. I won't make it so easy for you next time. :>

Rich Brown: Didn't talk much, but it was cool to see you again too.

Ankoku: I never got to talk to you. ;-;

Bionic: I never got to REALLY talk to you either. ;------;

Vermanubis: Oh my god man. Just...oh my god. Half of the time that I saw you, you looked ready to eat a child or something. It was great to finally meet the man behind the 'Dorf, and I definitely wanna get a crack at your Ganon sometime.

...my god you're built like a beast.

DLA: Ganon Gauntlet was amazing. You trashed me so hard, lol.

Isai: You're too good.

White: Good games in pools. Dedede really caught me off guard at this event.

Kevin "Magic" Johnson: Lucario whyyyyyy~

Kel: You played SOOOOO gay! It's NOT a bad thing though, play to win and whatnot. Good games.

Seagull: I'm now fully convinced that Sonic vs. Wolf is an even match up. Our set was incredibly close and awesome. Same as with Dabuz, I apologize for getting all frustrated and whatnot during the pools. I DEFINITELY wanna play you again sometime.

Nicole: Sucks that we both drowned. Our pool was so goddamn tough, but we put up one hell of a fight. Thanks for cheering me up, it was fun to chat. Your set vs. Seagull was one hell of a nailbiter.

Illmatic: Awesome job getting out of pools, Ill. How do you feel now that MK is gone? :p

Dark Pch: Amazing set vs. K Prime. Congrats.

Hylian: Same as with Nicole. That death pool was insane. GGs, and it was great to see you again.

Radium: Didn't talk much, but it was awesome to see you again too.

Ryo: Your Ike is so damn legit. I caught your set vs. Brood in pools, and I was blown away. Excellent job taking him to game three, and those late day friendlies were just too good.

Ussi: Your beard is awesome.

San: Your Ike is godlike.

Poltergust: Didn't talk much, but it's always cool to see your Yoshi do work in pools.

Alex Strife: My goodness. Thank you for getting this set up with your staff, thank you for bugging me to go so much that I convinced myself to buy the plane ticket, and thanks for hyping up every single match under the sun.

Javi: That Fox made me want to play Melee again.

X: Great to see you too, and congrats on making it outta pools.

PikaPika: You've gotta be one of the funniest goddamn people I met at APEX.

GDX: ^

hungrybox: I LOVED those Melee finals. Not joking. At all. Such an amazing Jigglypuff.

Otori & Co: Massive kudos to taking APEX and stomping out the competition. Every single one of your sets was awesome to watch.

DeLux: We didn't get to play. :<

Sky & Zex: Too good man. Wario/MK hurts so much.

Coney & Logic: Good games in doubles. Had fun.

NiTEWing: We didn't talk too much, but it was cool to meet you and all of the other bronies.

FOW: I had no idea that it was you that money matched me at the end of the day. Sorry about my silly shenanigans in game, but I had promised to play Speed before the event was over, and what with them kicking everyone out, I needed to cut some loose ends. We'll definitely have to play a set someday. I'd love to get a legit crack at that Ness of yours.

Seibrik: Good game. Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight in our set. I'll do what I can to improve should we ever play again. Your Wario is pretty damn awesome. If you ever need any more info on MK vs. Sonic, just lemme know, okay?

Shippo: I told you that I'd eventually go to an out of state event. Turns out it was sooner rather than later. Sorry we didn't get to talk as much as we could've. Maybe some other time.

Meta Knight: Don't let the door hit you on the way out you money hungry *****.

Zajice: <333~s. Insurmountable <333~s. Copius, enormous, gigant, swollen <333~s.

=====

Despite the poor execution of the tournament itself, I had one hell of a good time at this event. Meeting up with players from every single region, the setting, and the journey all made the experience well worth going through. Hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to go to another national of this caliber, but that won't be for quite some time, unfortunately. Huge thanks to the Apex 2012 Crew for all of the super hard work and effort that y'all put into this gigantic event.

Now if you excuse me, I have to rest because my throat went completely raw from all of the yelling and cheering I did. 'Til next time, everyone!

:applejack:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ok I guess I should write this out.

I just want to explain why we made the stream on Sunday the way we did.

The original purpose of this event was to bridge the gap of standard fighting game player and smash players. We wanted to get their people to watch our game. That is why we really put it on the stream. From the crowd and the stream reaction it was good. People liked it, and, whats better...people stayed on the stream for smash. We also made sure to record as many matches as possible.

The whole event...in itself...had a lot of things that did not happen due to circumstances out of our control. We ran a bit behind because we did not have the equipment to run the event as we wanted to. Again it was totally on me for asking the community rather than doing it myself. If I were to do another Apex I would easily rectify this by purchasing all the TVs and Wiis to equal up to 64 each. That way no one would have to worry about it and just bring setups for friendlies and maybe have some extras.

People stated a bit about offering venue fee money as a reward. While that is a good idea I wanted the giveaways due to the fact that it was so successful last year. Maybe It was the fact that this was a nintendo 3ds and not a tv that people were hesitant.

Our stream, from what I saw, was well done by our good friend Jaxel...so please guys donate to him..

I guess I should give my thoughts on this huh?

I feel that our community can change for the better. I think that we could of made a small step this year in bringing other communities and companies to view our event. MLG reps were there and were very impressed and other fgc loved the work we put in to smash. I wanted to start a new trend because I do feel that we can be better. At this point...I just now feel saddened that people will never see the bigger picture of the stream. A stream is not just a place to watch matches but it has a use in getting sponsors. Those sponsors, like sabergaming, gave us a big amount of money to just be put on a stream so thousands can know them. We would, in theory, use that to get more sponsors next year and have more of everything...more equipment...more prize bonuses, more players from around the world. I know and understand many of you will never care about that...and to me thats ok cause u should not need to...but it is sad to see people not seeing this vision i see...but that is my fault for thinking so.

All in all...everyone did a great job and I thank all of the sponsors and people that came to this event and helped. I get to walk away knowing that I had an amazing staff and would not trade them for anything in the world. I am leaving only because I feel I have failed this community by not giving you the best. I relied on others to help and when they left I had to scramble to figure things out...thats on me completely...I should of foreseen all these issues but I did not.

From the bottom of my heart I am sorry about all of this and I hope somehow you can see why I did the things on stream that way and maybe forgive the setup issues...I hope people can learn from this...Once I pay all the players via paypal and bio puts up the results for all teh games...I'll go...I am sorry I shamed myself.

Sharky

Smash Master
wait wtf is this about Alex leaving? He just ran the most hype tourney ever in all smash, who the hell is bashing him???

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Alex, the tournament was amazing and everyone had a blast. Don't let the keyboard warriors get to you. You will NEVER please the internet, I promise you that.

Top Bottom