• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

Palpi

Smash Hero
diembrandon - you're a ****ing ****

Buttstein - You are the best person in the world.

Black Chris - I wish I wasn't playing like complete garbage, but I am dropping fox. It just isn't realistic to main a character that requires so much consistency when I play infrequently, but good job regardless, your ganon is great and it will only get better :)

vectorman - you should play good characters :) nah, but your roy was good, its a shame I use peach though haha, I should've adapted against your fox because I knew what I was doing wrong, just a bit too late, I wanted to see your yoshi though!!!!

hack - counter pick pal on people with kirby ;) you're a cool guy and hopefully we get to play if you are in the US again

cactuar - playing against your fox as peach and sheik for over an hour made every other fox that much easier, thanks for the practice. I would like to play in philly if you are down cause I am close by. You'll get javi next time :p

velocity - I told you weon x was good

citizen snips - CITIZEN SNIPS!!!!

melo - i hope we play atleast a little bit at kutztown

no cash - you need to play as good as you do in friendlies in tournament, it is absolutely crazy

metal reeper - you suck i hate you <3 keep working on that marth :)

lefty - I feel like we are super close in skill level and that is why we always play good vs each other. I always feel like I learn something new when we play,I like your sheik a lot, and I may be a sheik/peach main soon :)

shroudedone - your peach beating my fox made me quit fox, congrats :) luckily my other characters held it down lol, you got a lot better, keep it up man, next time lets play more and exchange some peach knowledge :)

j6 (or whatever...link player) - your link is crazy, the matches i used sheik were pretty close, but if i switched to fox or falco you just killed me, keep it up dude, i love seeing low tier mains be so good.

tafokints - we played like...half of a sheik ditto, but i learned stuff about sheik and about myself from that half of a game. I also remembered who you were and i like your sheik :)

javi - you sand bagged me and made me feel good...but seriously you were inspiring to watch, amazing job, please comeback to the us

twebb - your fox is good, keep it up. lets play more next time, i always have a good time :)

strawhats - exposed on blast he just blasted exposed on blasted posed javi javi javi exposed blast put him on blast dr pp

spife - always enjoy talking to you man, lets actually play sometime

strict - you're SOOO GOOODDDDD

darrel - we didn't play...but i feel like this was partially due to the amount of set ups because I didn't play a lot of people

mafia - I am quitting fox, sticking with peach and picking up sheik. you're good, i wish we had time to play some friendlies

armada - the yardley crew made your 2nd gf set so ****ing hype, you are one of my favorite players and it always makes me happy to see you win :)

kage - i hope we cross paths in the future, kage the gladiator :)

anyone else i forgot....im sorry....<3

tournament was amzaing, but could've been so much better depending on different variables, but i had a great time :)

boss8

Smash Hero
YO SO CHECK THIS OUT!!!

MK was suppose to be banned after apex right?

so basically anyone who played MK after 12:01 midnight and was still in the turney should be banned....JUS SAYIN

so first n 2nd place belong to the olimar,and ESAM pikachu...

:troll: jus sayin.....

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
1: Otori== ($3600)
2: Nietono== ($1760)
3: Nairo== ($960)
4: ESAM==/ ($640)
5: Ally==/ ($320)
5: Kakera==/ ($320)
7: ADHD == ($200)
7: UltimateRazer == ($200)

doubles payouts were never given percantage wise so we have to wait

3rd was gnes and razer
4th was nairo and adhd
5th was ally/dojo and ???/???

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Just got home lol, apex was mad fun. Shoutouts later.

Quick Shoutout to all those who mistaked me for GDX, loved the 1min of fame :troll:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i have to say it is extremely sad seeing people bash on hungrybox's "patient" playstyle, even though he LOST, and armada was clearly camping back if not harder, but it's young link and it's armada so everyone's cool with it.
pretty much this

Whenever character usage is done for brawl, nietono needs to have diddy added next to his name. He DID use diddy to advance.
Idk if he pulled his MK out after he ditto'd orion though.

:phone:
pools matter?

Yo 'merica.

Atlus heard you like shines... so he sent Javi to Apex 2012.
LMAOOO

M@v

Subarashii!
I AM NOW UPLOADING THE FOLLOWING SETS FROM BRAWL BRACKET TO YOUTUBE:

-BLOODCROSS VS OTORI
-TREVONTE VS RAIN
-SHUGO VS ATOMSK
-ESAM VS OTORI

They will be up on my youtube channel, TgsMaverick. Would of recorded more if I didn't have to leave early because of college classes today T_T

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Fun tournament.Best Smash experience of my life.

I'm....reconsidering my stance on the MK ban. I openly admit that I voted "Yes" when myself and the rest of the URC deciced to make the official vote. However, despite Otori being an MK main and winning this event, my eyes have been opened to a few things. I realize that there is so much we have not figured out that the Japanese have. Witnessing Ocean defeat M2K first hand and Nietono just power through a gauntlet of some of our best players really intrigued me. I feel like this ban may indeed be a mistake and that banning Metaknight may set us back. I realize at least personally that I won't get better if I half-*** my training and what I'm exposed to on a tournament level. I keep wondering why my region is so much worse than the rest of United States and now I know why.

I hate Metaknight. I despise the character with a passion and I do believe he's is ban worthy... but if we're really this far behind the Japanese, how can we exceed if we ban Metaknight knowing he won this event. I think banning Metaknight in the Unity Ruleset is actually an oxymoron because it'll probably just cause more division between us if anything.

Tl;dr version: Banning MK now would be a premature decision. I think we need to improve first before considering banning him. Ban worthy? I think so. Should we? It's too early to tell.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Fun tournament.Best Smash experience of my life.

I'm....reconsidering my stance on the MK ban. I openly admit that I voted "Yes" when myself and the rest of the URC deciced to make the official vote. However, despite Otori being an MK main and winning this event, my eyes have been opened to a few things. I realize that there is so much we have not figured out that the Japanese have. Witnessing Ocean defeat M2K first hand and Nietono just power through a gauntlet of some of our best players really intrigued me. I feel like this ban may indeed be a mistake and that banning Metaknight may set us back. I realize at least personally that I won't get better if I half-*** my training and what I'm exposed to on a tournament level. I keep wondering why my region is so much worse than the rest of United States and now I know why.

I hate Metaknight. I despise the character with a passion and I do believe he's is ban worthy... but if we're really this far behind the Japanese, how can we exceed if we ban Metaknight knowing he won this event. I think banning Metaknight in the Unity Ruleset is actually an oxymoron because it'll probably just cause more division between us if anything.

Tl;dr version: Banning MK now would be a premature decision. I think we need to improve first before considering banning him. Ban worthy? I think so. Should we? It's too early to tell.
Nice troll post. :yeahboi:

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I AM NOW UPLOADING THE FOLLOWING SETS FROM BRAWL BRACKET TO YOUTUBE:

-BLOODCROSS VS OTORI
-TREVONTE VS RAIN
-SHUGO VS ATOMSK
-ESAM VS OTORI

They will be up on my youtube channel, TgsMaverick. Would of recorded more if I didn't have to leave early because of college classes today T_T
Omg you are awesome for uploading BC Vs Otori, I didn't know that was saved.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Shoutout to Nietono for teaching us how to play Olimar.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
props to that photographer, i only saw the one pic from that brawl match or w/e in the thread so far but it looked amazing, people need to photoshop captions and thought bubbles into that garbage asap

props to NC and PA peeps for making the second half of GF (melee) really....uhhh...hype? also mattdotzeb and zoler (i think) goin at it during the match was hilarious

and props to Hax for making top 8 with falcon while having an off day, even if he doesnt admit it lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Is there info posted online anywhere about Rain's tournament? I really want to go.

Just did a random search on an airline for a week in Japan and it's under $1,200. That's without shopping around, and already affordable imo.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
**** so hyped to see the vids, so many upsets and crazy mojo.

Ocean vs M2k!

Dat Japanese Olimar

TeeVee

Smash Lord
bloodcross was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to taking otori out, imagine if he sent him to losers rd 1...

i heard shugo ***** atomsk

:troll:

idk, from watching the vids it looks like shugo came from behind early and pulled it out in the end

:dazwa:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
YO SO CHECK THIS OUT!!!

MK was suppose to be banned after apex right?

so basically anyone who played MK after 12:01 midnight and was still in the turney should be banned....JUS SAYIN

so first n 2nd place belong to the olimar,and ESAM pikachu...

:troll: jus sayin.....
I know you're trolling, but you didn't even do it right.
Apex didn't end at midnight.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
It was close yet not close...

Game 3...

GOD IM SO MAD FOR PLAYING STUPID. It was because I didn't scream enough (but I respected Otori wanting me to "stop" so I did). I had literally zero options playing him Game 3 once I was in the air.

Sago

Smash Lord
If mk is "overcentralized" then break down the matchup and all of the sudden you can beat 30% of American players. If anything that sounds like an advantage to me. Just Learn one matchup.

:phone:

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Those are Korean but k
Great Job detective, hope you use your amazing detective skills for good and not evil because your powers are unmatched.

I used the korean gif because the japanese gifs had some weird **** that would get me banned from smash boards. I didn't think the korean gif would go under investigation. Sorry if it upsets you Mr. perfect Xyless over lord. It won't happen again, I will post the tentacle, sharking, panty sniffing vending machine, upside down sex robot eating a subway sandwich gif next time to satisfy your "That gif is Korean I am mad but K:" comments.

Top Bottom