• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Max, I was modding the chat for most of the weekend and probably was the one who banned you. Please PM me with your gripes and we can talk it out.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Inb4 m2k comes in and slaps you.

O wait he's probably driving right now.

It's a good thing the OP doesn't show who won Brawl singles. :rolleyes:

Edit: I have been shut up. V_V

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Guys please help me. Day 2 at some point my silver controller for melee went missing. I think somebody accidentally took it (I would like to think they didn't purposely steal it). I believe it had my name marked on it (front or the back I forget which, since I only put a tag on it after I arrived to apex). I would really really appreciate if somebody could help me to get it back (it happened after usa vs the world but before 2nd half of day 2). I understand it's my fault for letting this happen and i'm dumb and irresponsible, but please help me get it back. If you think you might have it, please PM me, thanks

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So, what happened to this?

Lets see; so far we have 355 single entrants for brawl.

355 x 15 = 5325

So:

1st: $2396.25
2. $1331.25
3. $798.75
4. $266.25
etc
Have full results for prize money just not been posted or what?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My white controller with bite marks on the center seems to have been taken, but, it's whatever. If you don't take care of your stuff, that's what happens.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright, so now all I need are the payouts, unless this paid out to Top 16, in which case, someone let me know.

1: Otori==:metaknight: ($3600)
2: Nietono==:olimar: ($1760)
3: Nairo==:metaknight: ($960)
4: ESAM==:pikachu2:/:popo: ($???)
5: Ally==:metaknight:/:snake: ($???)
5: Kakera==:metaknight:/:popo: ($???)
7: ADHD ==:diddy: ($???)
7: UltimateRazer ==:snake: ($???)

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I think for the time-being, (this results page only came out a few hours ago), that's all we're getting for now. I'm sure soon enough we will a 'complete' results.

I agree with what people said about the America vs. Japan mentality. But I also think that adopting their stagelist would help out. I also think that people wouldn't be nearly as shocked if the GF match wasn't Japan vs. Japan. People wouldn't be freaking out if two players from the same region met in the GF, just treat it like that and it really isn't a big deal. They played harder and got what they deserved. I for one, am looking forward to seeing results in the MK-ban era.

As always, amazed at how much hype this event gets, and props to the people who put this together. Means a lot to the Smash Community.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shoutouts in a bit.

I don't think it got recorded, but Ally vs razer was ridiculously hyped. I've never seen Ally so happy/excited after a set.

R3N0

Smash Lord
^ I didn't bother killing myself.. i Just got in my car and drove home.

anyway..

gg's errbody.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
1:Otori :metaknight:
2:Nietono :olimar:
3:Nairo :metaknight:
4: ESAM :pikachu2: :popo:
5: Ally :metaknight: :snake:?
5: Kakera :metaknight: :popo:
7: ADHD :diddy:
7: Razer :snake:
9: OCEAN :rob:
9: DEHF:falco:
9: Gnes :diddy:
9: Rich Brown :olimar:
13: Brood :olimar:
13: Rain :falco: :metaknight:
13: Dabuz :olimar:
13: Mew2King :metaknight:
17: Mr. R :marth:
17: MikeHaze :marth:
17: Shugo :metaknight: :falco:
17: Orion :metaknight:
17: Fatal :snake:
17: Havok :metaknight: :snake:
17: Zero :metaknight:
17: Z :pikachu2:
25: Seibrik :wario: :dedede: :metaknight:
25: Reflex :wario: :pt:
25: Atomsk :metaknight: :random:
25: Will :dk2:
25: Jtails :metaknight:
25: Coney :dedede:
25: Tyrant :metaknight:
25: Zex :marth: :metaknight:
33: TO Joe :metaknight:
33: Salem :zerosuitsamus:
33: Ilmatic :peach:
33: Trevonte :fox:
33: FOW :ness2:
33: Delux :popo:
33: Nakat :fox:
33: DRN :zerosuitsamus:
33: Logic :olimar:
33: Mikeray :snake:
33: Leon :marth:
33: Poltergust :yoshi2:
33: Holy :rob:
33: Denti :olimar:
33: Trela :lucario:
33: Bloodcross :falco:
49: San :ike:
49: Nick Riddle :zerosuitsamus:
49: X :sonic:
49: Kismit :metaknight:
49: Bassem :wario:
49: Seagull :wolf:
49: Vinnie :popo: :gw:
49: Dojo :metaknight:
49: shadow :metaknight:
49: Dark Peach :peach:
49: fino :olimar:
49: GDX :diddy:
49: False:snake:
49: Sky :wario: :peach:?
49: Pwii :metaknight:
49: 4god :dedede:

This is all I have. Color coded by region and stuff.
Here you go! (Accuracy not completely guaranteed, but it should be mostly fine.)

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Can someone please post the character faces beside the results for melee?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Was Melee payouts seriously top 3? <_<
Or were the lower payouts just omitted

Charlesz

Smash Champion
What the hellll only top 3 being paid

And my hatred for Hbox has risen to unmatched levels. The man single handedly ruined apex by knocking out crowd favourite mango and smash overlord mango, giving us the most ******** ****ing gay GFs I've ever seen and then he ****ing loses it anyway to Armada.

I used to cheer for him but I can see why everyone hates him now, count me one of them.
Yea man, Hbox should have just laid down and let Mango play Armada again so we can see a better set.

Shut the **** up, play to win.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
ggs to everyone in my pool I hope you all make it back home safe.
ggs to Karamity you're yoshi is crazy. I'll get my rematch next apex.
ggs and shoutouts to Polt. you're amazing and you have low tier bracket placing swag.
Shououts to Slient beast with dat interpreter Swag. I hope you get home safe dude.

Shoruykens to all, but just don't hesitate to get mad when it happens because it pleases me. :troll: + :luigi2: = Trolligi

Kel

Smash Master
THANK YOU DOOM! You did a great job given the situation and set up you had. Your efforts are appreciated by everyone.

D.A. RAFA

Smash Cadet
NNID
Prince_Judah_85
3DS FC
1392-6557-5159
1: Otori==:metaknight:
2: Nietono==:olimar:
3: Nairo==:metaknight:
4: ESAM==:pikachu2:/:popo:
5: Ally==:metaknight:/:snake:
5: Kakera==:metaknight:/:popo:

1. Kakera & Otori==:metaknight:/:metaknight:
2. Mew2King & Anti==:metaknight:/:metaknight:
3. Gnes & Razer==:diddy:/:snake:

quad mks for GFs in teams, 4 mks in the top 5 for 1vs1 and a mk winning apex. what a fitting end.

thanks MK. u never fail to justify the ban
Wait.

So, IF nietono (Who almost ALWAYS dominates japan and therefore is BETTER than Otori) wouldve won, you would stfu about the ban?

OH YOU
Let's leave the hypothetical's out of this. Could've, Would've Should've but DIDN'T. MK IS BANNED!! Now I know your upset. Go have some hot soup and take a nap little baby. Time to use a little bit of skill this time around. YOU TIGHT!!

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Shout-outs later. Super tired from managing bracket, calling matches ,tweeting all that junk. Got like 4 hours sleep total this weekend.

Sad I didn't even get a chance to even play a single friendly :/

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
the match i didn't want to see hbox vs armada and it was GF mad people left the room still was chill got some friendlies in.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Shoutouts to the USA for losing each Smash event. Land of the free baby!:awesome:
Shoutouts to MK for winning his last tourney. He will surely not be missed.
And finally shoutouts to Melee GF for being like Brawl lol!

D.A. RAFA

Smash Cadet
NNID
Prince_Judah_85
3DS FC
1392-6557-5159
I could've beaten Olimar if I got that far. Guess I'll have to settle for Ice Climbers and Peach. :p

Meta Knight is still incredibly centralizing, no matter whose Meta Knights ended up winning. This ban is still the right decision.
Think of the MK ban as a mandatory moment where people who previously depended on MK as a clutch are now forced to actually learn and develop their characters. You want to see more people do like Nietono did, right (get top placings with top MKs attending while using a non-MK character)? With MK banned, we might not get MK practice at tourneys, but MK isn't getting practice either at tourneys, so if he ever gets unbanned, there will be a very sweet pace set for MKs to come back to.

I do think USA was getting lazy though, if you were having problems, you'd fall back on MK instead of getting better with your main (with the exception of the solo mains here and there). Their MKs would get all the MU experience they needed and more, leaving their 'mains' in the dust. "He picked MK, well time to do the ditto!", I'm glad he got banned.

Remember, the ban isn't permanent. If there's reason to unban him later, or if players vote for his unbanning at a later time (you'd need 2/3 votes now though), he will be unbanned.
MK IS a clutch. You can't tell me that MK isn't a clutch when we have a whole hoard of people falling back on him whenever they lose game 1/go against an MK main/get cp'd into Brinstar or Rainbow Cruise/get far enough into brackets. Top players and low level players alike, there's people using MK to hit on their personal worst MUs, even when there's other characters who do it better or if their MU really isn't bad at all and they're just lazy. People can't stand losing in tourneys or missing the prize money, so they take the fastest way of getting better, choosing MK when they need to. Not practicing with their mains or another secondary, just choosing MK. The base skill they have carries over to MK, and if they know enough about him, then. They're well on their way to victory already.

MK is tough to beat using any character but MK, he's got a great MU spread that's to die for. Why should I practice Marth or Diddy or Snake if MK does it better? Most people who play against MK using their mains and lose think about using MK against their opponent's MK. Easiest way to take care of things, you instantly have an even MU. I personally think the root of the problem is all the data gathered (anti-ban forces pro-ban to dig data up from everywhere, pro-ban comes back with loadw of data that shows MK is the best character in the game, people see how MK wins a lot of the money and choose to use him to try and make money), but whatever it is, MK IS a clutch for people to use when their tourney placings seem threatened by anything.

Also, planking's gay to play against.
This is the simple truth. People like OMNI would say: well if an MK loses in tournament to a non mk character then, YOU SEE HE'S NOT BAN WORTHY.

While ppl like you and I would say : THAT DUDE IS TRASH FOR LOSING W/ SUCH A RIDICULOUS CHARACTER! evry1 just said japan's meta game was better. Maybe THAT was the overwhelming factor in this tournament. Was it not clear to ppl in the tournament results that a METAKNIGHT won the tournament??? Oh and MK is a clutch. PPL would just pick up a MK has a primary or secondary character instead of actually trying to get better w/ their real character. I 100% agree.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You guys are nuts. Grand Finals was clearly Armada's fault. Hungrybox was approaching the whole time; it's just hard to get through the wave of projectiles coming against you. Armada was the one who ran away the whole match.

Also: Give Javi money. ^_^

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Here's full 64 results, to be added into the first post:

[collapse="Smash 64 Singles Results"]
1: SuPeRbOoMfAn ($160.00)
2: Isai ($80.00)
3: JaimeHR ($32.00)
4: Kefit ($22.40)
5: Nintendude1189 ($12.80)
5: Sensei ($12.80)
7: m3gav01t