• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Only thing I didn't enjoy was starting my pools close to 10 something PM and unable to play friendlies or risk getting Disqualified.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
America loses to Japan, have now banned mk, and now the japanese have no interest in any more US tourneys. Well done America you suck.

:phone:
Because national pride is such a great thing and not at all completely ******** and irrational.

Also, Gz to Mikehaze, nice job I honestly didn't think Ramin would go down that easy.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
One MK per team, no dumb stages on, problem solved as far as banning MK goes, I want him around to see America advance to the level of Japan.

Great event, it was an honor commentating with Gunblade, Peirce and Doom, more to come later!

:017:

Rykard

Smash Ace
damn. that is a huge difference between armada's and hungrybox's payouts. congrats on making over $4000 dollars total!

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
This tournament has made me rethink everything I previously thought about melee.
yes...... this is a very sad day for smash imo..... good tournament but so many unholy things happened.....at least javi beat pp that was some hope for the future

Robsta

Smash Ace
SHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMEDD!!!! <3

Excited to see these Javi matches everyone keeps hyping about

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Mad props to:

- Armada for winning
- Javi for winning all Melee player's hearts
- HBox for playing like a bawss during all the tournament and taking a set out of Armada (and **** the haters)
- Mango for being mad good
- Alukard for trolling MVC

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I hope that this tournament was an eye opener to the American players for Brawl.

The Japanese players had the right mindset. When they mess up and lose, they have shame on theirselvs and have self-improvement, whereas American players tend to get salty at others, which causes bans anyway

rsr2

Smash Lord
the most shocking result is that someone beat isai in ssb64
I know, I was thinking the same thing >_>

But I was watching all day and I just laughed at how people reacted to non smash games being featured on the stream. WHY ARE THEY SHOWING THIS!!#!@$

I appreciate what the T.O's did and enjoyed the stream even with the minor lag issues.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
so sad about mango and definitely about pp.

personally i feel mangos pride and stubbornness held him back..

absolutely no johns armada was the best there. however....

watching him take risks with weak b-airs, and other weak hits into combos broke my heart. he converted at time but d-smash was half of armadas victory. in the set i swear he took like 40+ percent on at least 2 stocks a game. its no surprise counter hits and trades is half of armadas game i would expect mango to adjust to this but he did not.

you could clearly see the loss to armada eating at him in his set vs hbox in losers.

ylink vs jigglypuff killed melee.

also i wish hbox learned a secondary. its ridiculous that armada for 2 consecutive years was smart enough to picked up on something for him specifically but he can't do the same. double blind pick and then you still go puff.... take a chance. if he had one character he was comfortable with to play against peach he'd be fine. that y-link nonsense doesn't work against 99.9% of the cast. so it would be a free loss. ughhhhhhhh i wanna see a top fox just get his hands on a y link on dreamland. kinda wish m2k stayed in the tourney..

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I feel so sad Javi doesn't get any prize money for placing 4th + what he did

all other tournaments i've seen, there's been some prize money like for everyone in top8 at least

anyways, Armada proving he's the best once again!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
No johns cause he deserved to lose but imo the only thing holding mango back was getting caught in dsmashes when he thought he'd get a shine (cc). Armada is the best right now but I don't think he's very far ahead of mango or pp at all.

I hope that this tournament was an eye opener to the American players for Brawl.

The Japanese players had the right mindset. When they mess up and lose, they have shame on theirselvs and have self-improvement, whereas American players tend to get salty at others, which causes bans anyway

It's things like this which lead me to think that we could be doing so much more to develop our metagame, in person and on the boards. I really hope that Apex 2012 was enough motivation for us to really get together and as a community think of ways to improve ourselves and the way we've been doing things.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
so sad about mango and definitely about pp.

personally i feel mangos pride and stubbornness held him back..

absolutely no johns armada was the best there. however....

watching him take risks with weak b-airs, and other weak hits into combos broke my heart. he converted at time but d-smash was half of armadas victory. in the set i swear he took like 40+ percent on at least 2 stocks a game. its no surprise counter hits and trades is half of armadas game i would expect mango to adjust to this but he did not.

you could clearly see the loss to armada eating at him in his set vs hbox in losers.

ylink vs jigglypuff killed melee.

also i wish hbox learned a secondary. its ridiculous that armada for 2 consecutive years was smart enough to picked up on something for him specifically but he can't do the same. double blind pick and then you still go puff.... take a chance. if he had one character he was comfortable with to play against peach he'd be fine. that y-link nonsense doesn't work against 99.9% of the cast. so it would be a free loss. ughhhhhhhh i wanna see a top fox just get his hands on a y link on dreamland. kinda wish m2k stayed in the tourney..
excuse me, what the ****?
armada's game consists on counter hits and trades? you better get a good look at those comboes and edgeguards again xddd

+ totally agree on hbox having to pick a secondary. the fact that he didn't do that yet might make you think again if Armada would lose for sure with his Young Link against any other hbox character. my guess is he wouldn't, cause he's better, period.

Beat!

Smash Master
Hahahahha CanIsmash you're too funny. Oh man, I didn't know we had such comedians on the boards. You had me dying from laughter, good **** man.

Like, did you guys see the part where he went "no johns but *johns*"? 10/10 stuff right there.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
ROFL CanISmash's post.
Armada played like **** vs PP. remember when he ran off stage and did a nair instead of picking up the turnip to gimp him? TWICE IN ONE MATCH? AND HE STILL WON LMFAO.
im one of the ppl that plays armada the most and ive NEVER seen him miss that ****, and that includes drunk friendlies.

but somehow, pp is still "not to far off". Yes, he really is, and so is the guy he ****ing 3-0'd in a 30-70 matchup (you know, the guy who's an untouchable genius and on a completely different level form armada)
Armada IS undisputably the best player in the world, he is more superior and dominating then flopmericans claimed mango was around the pound 4 era.

kr3wman

Smash Master
from the sound and looks of it, smash 64 tourney was the hypest, which is never a surprise.

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm starting to really dislike what hbox is doing to my favorite game

Accelerator

Smash Apprentice

The Olimar in grand finals looked like he was about the commit seppuku after losing. I laugh'd preety hard XD.

D.A. RAFA

Smash Cadet
NNID
Prince_Judah_85
3DS FC
1392-6557-5159
Just thought I'd throw this out there:

So Nietono outplaced every US player (including all the best MKs America claims to have) and more importantly, he did it with Olimar.

The Japanese themselves when asked considered Nietono/9b to be the best players overall (who both don't main MK) and Japan is all anti-ban. The justification was that Japan doesn't have US level MKs so they never needed to ban him. That justification is no longer valid (Otori). Edit: Forgot to add this part to be clear. Japan has BETTER MKs and never needed to ban him.

Should MK be banned in singles? You decide.

Maybe it's time America stops Johning and starts getting better.
Ummm...that justification is no longer valid as of just after 12 AM EST 1/9/2012 (YES TODAY!). You didn't even give the **** time to return home before saying: Japan has BETTER MKs and never needed to ban him." in response to their PREVIOUS statement of their justification for not banning MK. Now hold on...call me crazy but if the 2 **** that were widely considered the best in Japan lost to a MK (whether from japan or US/who cares) wouldn't that give us more reason to ban the character??

I'm sorry I might be going crazy. I for one have stopped playing the game but MIGHT consider coming back just becuz the smash community finally summoned the balls to ban a character that was too cheap to keep in competitive play. Oh and you want him banned for teams but not for singles because.... there's too many on the screen you say?? wtf?? What kind of sense does that make? 2 tornadoes you can stomach but 4 and you start to get dizzy and see spots?? I might reconsider my comeback if this is what the smash community consists of when it comes to members.

I for one did not attend the event but did catch quite a bit of the stream over the weekend and I must say about 85% of the stream that I SAW during brawl was MetaKnight. And I gotta tell you, it got boring and lame really fast. 30+ characters in the game and 85% of the stream that I SAW, in the biggest tournament turn out for brawl, was METAKNIGHT and yet alot of you don't seem convinced that he needs to get banned. I'm convinced that there are sooo many metaknight players out there (especially after what I saw on stream) that all of you are just fighting the decision for him to get banned becuz YOU ALL MAIN HIM. I for one support the fact that mk is no longer valid in tournament play as of today. Oh no wait...its optional. lol.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
I cant believe MAng0 really lost like that lolll

and I agree with Hax, Hungrybox is gay

he has a little **** and needs to grow a pair of balls

Armada's legit, and to all of the silly americans who said "I can beat Armada" haha no you can't :(

not even hungrybox in all his gayness can beat ARmada

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
America gotta step it up, I guess. Specially in teamwork during doubles. Nevertheless, it's not like top 8 was only Japan. ESAM and Nairo did a GREAT job also, specially Nairo.

On another note, props to Mastah CJ for winning and for Sanford Kelly and Sabin for being entertaining as ****.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I just want to say that it sucks that Hungrybox took a set off of Armada. Now the next time they play he'll be more inclined to stick with Jigglypuff instead of trying another character. Hungrybox is the only player at that level of skill who doesn't have a strong secondary, and till he develops one I don't think he'll ever be able to beat Armada.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Why all the hungry hate? YL has way more opportunities to approach in that matchup. Not my idea of hype GF's by any means but damn what can you ****ing expect? Try approaching when accurate bombs and boomerangs are coming at you like cocaine at a frat party lmao. Puff is his character and he was trying to win but couldn't pull it off. Big ****ing deal lol

Top Bottom