The OFFICIAL Alph Discussion Thread

Should Alph be promoted this time round?

• Yes. Regardless of relevance

• Yes. But only if he's in the next Pikmin game

• No. He should remain an Alt

• No. He should be cut

Results are only viewable after voting.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
The OFFICIAL Alph Discussion Thread

Following the Super Smash Bros reveal a few days ago, I thought now would be the time to create this thread.

If Pikmin 4 launches a month before 5mash, and Alph reprises his role, it would be the perfect opportunity to promote him and his series!

Also, I created a reveal parody. Hope you like it:

Currently the poll asks:
Should Alph be promoted this time round?

More polls and questions may be put forward in future.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I wouldn't mind if this roster was padded with lots of clones.
Why waste time trying to develop a completely original and balanced moveset, when they can tweak an existing character's movesets and physics that have proved to be balanced already?

I'm surprised we didn't get a clone for Olimar in Smash4. I don't think it would take too much effort to add a character like Alph. They could make Alph more of a heavy-hitter, by replacing the Purple Pikmin with Rock Pikmin. Maybe make his jump higher but his overall speed slower. Maybe let Olimar hold an additional Pikmin, but give Alph's down-special different properties like knock-back when the Pikmin return.

Last edited:

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised we didn't get a clone for Olimar in Smash4. I don't think it would take too much effort to add a character like Alph. They could make Alph more of a heavy-hitter, by replacing the Purple Pikmin with Rock Pikmin. Maybe make his jump higher but his overall speed slower. Maybe let Olimar hold an additional Pikmin, but give Alph's down-special different properties like knock-back when the Pikmin return.
Completely agree. I was disappointed that Pikmin didn't get a newcomer altogether.