• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The November Direct Massacre.

Who were screwed over the most?

• Isaac fans

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • Shadow fans

Votes: 43 39.1%
  • Skull Kid fans

Votes: 43 39.1%
  • Shantae fans

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Black Knight fans

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Banjo fans

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Geno fans

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Rex fans

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Spring Man fans

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Just to be clear, this isn’t a salt thread used as an excuse to complain about the characters we didn’t get but a more or less interest in a general response to how many support groups felt the most disappointed when their candidates got a straightforward or likely deconfirmation.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think Spring Man and Rex fans have the most reason to be pissed off, given there was no reason or expectation for them to be in base game at all.

StormC

Smash Hero
My jaw was on the ground when I saw Rex and Spring-Man. Sakurai reached into the cradle and strangled them before they even had a chance.

link2702

Smash Champion
Isaac fans easily.

Rex’s and springmans’s games weren’t even out when the official roster was decided, and in rex’s case, he still has a shot at dlc due to just how popular xc2 was, especially if there’s a season 2 dlc.

But isaac...this was his last shot. The fact that he’s been put back as just an at dooms his chances as gs hasn’t had a new game, or even ports, in years. They haven’t even really been acknowledged by Nintendo.

Isaac had a lot going for him moveset wise, but Nintendo chose to leave him as a mediocre at and nothing else.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Isaac fans must be furious. Same for Shadow and Spring Man fans, all 3 are in AT hell.

As for Geno and Shantae, fans will pretend spirits don't disconfirm fighters and they still have a chance, but they were never going to happen in the first place.

link2702

Smash Champion
Isaac fans must be furious. Same for Shadow and Spring Man fans, all 3 are in AT hell.

As for Geno and Shantae, fans will pretend spirits don't disconfirm fighters and they still have a chance, but they were never going to happen in the first place.
Geno was never shown as a spirit. It was an online icon.

Likewise spirits really don’t deconfirm anything at this point. We’ve seen spirits of playable characters as well. So even if he was a spirit, it’s not by any means a deconfirm.

He’s in limbo right now just like many others. So far the only way we know of a hard deconfirm is AT’s atm like isaac shadow waluigi, and ashley.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Isaac Fans. Heck He was even teased in the rathalos tweet. He was the most demanded First Party char left over. Piranha Plant was just salt in the wound.

Shadow and Skull Kid Fans are similiar cases but i feel like Isaac just had much more going for him than those two.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I argue skull kid fans because the confirmation as AT wasn’t even made as a big announcement. It’s like saying skull kid wasn’t even worth the screen time to make the announcement that he’s an AT and you should stop asking for him. Im no skull kid supporter but my heart goes out to them.

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
I voted Shadow & Rex and here's why:

Shadow: The existence of the Knuckles AT made us believe that Shadow would no longer be an assist in this game since there has never been more than one AT for the same third party franchise before now.

Rex: I don't personally believe that Rex is disconfirmed as Mii fighters outfits don't stop characters from being DLC. However, this is more that people who wanted a second Xenoblade rep were "Grinched". This is due to the fact that a character like Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't in the base roster so that along with the Rex Mii has caused many people to believe that no second Xenoblade character is coming. Right now the Xenoblade Chronicles series is far too big to not have a new rep. It was like with Donkey Kong, Metroid and Kirby in Melee with all those franchises being too big to only have one rep. The real kicker is Piranha Plant which is a ninth Mario rep (Considering we got Daisy as well). It's like taunting a starving child with food only to then give it to someone who is obese. I swear people will feel that the entire Dead Sea was poured on them if we got another Fire Emblem character over a Xenoblade character.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Super Sonic is a Spirit you battle for (so I assume you can equip the Spirit), so idk why Geno is disconfirmed still.

Super Sonic and Sonic are one and the same, don't pretend the 400+ Spirits disconfirm everyone in existence.

Chrom is also still part of Robin's Final Smash and still has a Mii Costume, in reality all these disconfirmation theories mean nothing and the only thing that matters is that Sakurai and his team do whatever the heck they want so stop trying to predict them.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Isaac, Springman and Rex fans.

Isaac because as previously stated this may have been his last chance to get in due to some of the nostalgia fuel going on. Possibly could have revived the series maybe but wasn't to be. He was popular, but not as popular as we all thought I guess and Golden Sun is a pretty niche series overall. Only got ourselves to blame for reading into things that weren't hints to his inclusion such as that plant icon and the Rathalos screenshot layout.

Springman is a new IP character that whilst hasn't done quite as well as Splatoon(maybe an understatement but Splatoon was big enough to beat many veteran series in terms of overall sales already) has still seen significant sales and did see a decent amount of promotion from Nintendo. His exclusion as a fighter is surprising since his moveset is pretty painfully obvious.

Rex...well, Xenoblade 2 seemed like such a lock to get a character to many people. It sold decently too, but too new screwed him, something which we apparently don't think is an issue for Edelgard or Melmetal...weird.

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Rex...well, Xenoblade 2 seemed like such a lock to get a character to many people. It sold decently too, but too new screwed him, something which we apparently don't think is an issue for Edelgard or Melmetal...weird.
That thought makes my blood boil. During Smash for Wii U and 3DS's DLC; I honestly thought that a Xenoblade Chronicles X character like Elma could have be in as DLC. It would feel like Fire emblem would continue to steal reps from Xenoblade when Edelgard steals Rex's chance for DLC, just like what Corrin did with Elma three years ago.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Like, anyone who's character became an Assist trophy were equally screwed over. At least everyone else still has hope unless Sakurai comes out and says "Spirits will never be playable"

Then again, I always thought Sakurai would be the type of person to make a character both an assist and a playable character at some point. Not that I'm going to hold out hope that that's going to happen.

Still, I think it especially hurts as a Spring Man fan since he seemed like a prime DLC candidate. One of those characters from a fun new IP ( even if it wasn't the same kinda smash hit as Splatoon it was still pretty cool ) that was too new for the base roster but just right for DLC.

EDIT: I guess I better edit my signature huh

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Still genuinely surprised Shadow didn't make it. They must have known what they were doing by showing Knuckles at day 1, announcing echoes, especially Richter, but no Shadow in sight, only to drop him as an AT at the very last minute.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Isaac.

Just Isaac.

I wasn't a supporter but it wasn't fair for his fans to not get him yet me and the K. Rool fans got our boi especially since they had been requesting him just as long. This is the only time I feel Sakurai screwed the pooch. To top it off too what's a bigger slap to the face is to decide to reveal him as an assist at the last minute rather then earlier which would had saved them all the trouble of all this speculating that seemed like he was getting in. That and being absent from Sm4sh as an assist, what was even the point of bringing him back as one to begin with? It was like Sakurai intended this though I know he's better then that.

Last edited:

Supalji

Smash Rookie
Isaac.

Just Isaac.

I wasn't a supporter but it wasn't fair for his fans to not get him yet me and the K. Rool fans got our boi especially since they had been requesting him just as long. This is the only time I feel Sakurai screwed the pooch. To top it off too what's a bigger slap to the face is to decide to reveal him as an assist at the last minute rather then earlier which would had saved them all the trouble of all this speculating that seemed like he was getting in. That and being absent from Sm4sh as an assist, what was even the point of bringing him back as one to begin with? It was like Sakurai intended this though I know he's better then that.
I'm sure its because he thought, the Issac fans would like that he bought him back in some way for them but he should of just showed him off earlier but he wanted to save some assist trophy secrets.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm sure its because he thought, the Issac fans would like that he bought him back in some way for them but he should of just showed him off earlier but he wanted to save some assist trophy secrets.
Indeed, it was like Sakurai intended to troll them by showing him at the last minute despite all the evidence like the Rathatos image.

Supalji

Smash Rookie
Indeed, it was like Sakurai intended to troll them by showing him at the last minute despite all the evidence like the Rathatos image.
YEAH THAT! Also people were thinking the item was a thing.. I remember being heart broken when mewtwo was yet again somehow cut but then miraculously the 50 fact extravaganza shoots any hope you had left for the guy showing the trophy of him & all 50 facts (53) then boom mewtwo is on the way! I nearly fainted man I had tears, then I didn't care who really made it in at this point, but then the ballot came, I thought king k rool made most sense so vote for him DK felt the least pay attention to big series sense the 64 smash.. after king k rool was shown & nearly crying & laughing at the same time I thought issac was gonna be shown I thought he had as much popularity as the Ridley & Rool fans I wanted to say being a mewtwo fan I kinda know how they feel but, then again, mewtwo didn't get that treatment:/ its incredible to hear a protagonist name from an old GBA RPG thrown around often yet the series seems dead

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I doubt Sakurai ever does any of the things he does maliciously, including making characters into assist trophies. He probably genuinely feels like fans would think that them being in the game at all is a good consolation prize, and I kind of see where he's coming from. Frankly I think some people react a little too harshly about a character being an assist trophy.

I feel like people would be less angry about characters not being playable if they weren't in the game at all, which is strange to me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I doubt Sakurai ever does any of the things he does maliciously, including making characters into assist trophies. He probably genuinely feels like fans would think that them being in the game at all is a good consolation prize, and I kind of see where he's coming from. Frankly I think some people react a little too harshly about a character being an assist trophy.

I feel like people would be less angry about characters not being playable if they weren't in the game at all, which is strange to me.
I love Assist Trophies, but in this day and age, where DLC is a possibility, people don’t want their character to be an AT because it’s essentially a disconfirmation from the basegame and DLC. That’s why after November 1 you saw Isaac fans devastated while Geno fans are more hopeful than ever.

(Also, personally, I think Isaac coming back as an AT but only using the same ability as in Brawl sucks, as it really doesn’t represent his character and Assist Trophies today are much more complex than that)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Rated from 6 to 1 in my opinion:
6) Rex: If another DLC season happen, he still has a chance. Not as great as a chance, but still.
5) Spring Man: We all though he was going to be DLC.
4) Shadow: Should have been shown as an Assist earlier.
3) Isaac: Stupid random Rathalos tweet.
2) Skull Kid (and also Dillon I guess): He didn't even get announced in the Direct. He was only shown off on the website.
1) Grass starter Pokemon. Let me explain:
So the ballot probably had some help in choosing the entire roster, but people believed the Smash ballot was for the Wii U and 3DS smash games. So people voted for the grass starter Sceptile. Because they wanted a fully evolved Grass starter with :4charizard: and :4greninja:. Hoenn remakes come and go, without really changing much but Sakurai decides to hold a spot in the roster for a Sun and Moon Pokemon. Now, none of the Sun and Moon pokemon were known during the time of the ballot. Out of the three evolutionary lines, it seems like Rowlet is the most popular worldwide. After the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (might have been mistranslated and he picked after Sun and Moon.) :ultpokemontrainer: returns, but Sakurai picks :ultincineroar:, despite that one of the higher voted Pokemon was because fans wanted a fully evolved trio.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Shadow felt almost guaranteed, so getting disconfirmed right at the end must've hurt. I really wanted him, too.

I feel even more terrible for Isaac fans. So many hints lining up all for nothing. As a Rhythm Heaven fan, it sucks to see a series you love so dearly not have a playable rep.

Speaking of Rhythm Heaven, those are the fans I feel got screwed the most. At least Golden Sun got it's assist back. Rhythm Heaven most likely has 3 ported music tracks and a few spirits. For one of Nintendo's biggest franchises with no playable character, it's content is majorly lacking. Featured in both Gematsu and the Grinch, only to be let down each time. It doesn't help knowing we were so close in smash for.

Bunk McSkunk

Smash Rookie
I have no doubts that if Xenoblade 2 and ARMS were released just a little bit earlier, on the Switch's launch or close to launch like BotW, Rex and Spring would have been nearly guaranteed. Especially considering the language Sakurai uses in the direct: "We couldn't add characters from titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which was announced after planning had started," with the caption: "While Rex didn't quite make the roster," it feels like the team would have done it if it were possible. It feels like those characters had just fallen short of what seemed to be a practical shoe-in choice, born too late to join Smash, and it was shocking to say the least. Of course, DLC could mean redemption for these characters, especially considering how well their games sold, but I wouldn't place any bets. Still ARMS will have my full backing going into the Fighters Pass.

However, I wouldn't say it feels like a gut punch in the slightest. The inclusion of content from these games goes to show, at least to me, that they are truly sorry and want to make it up to us somehow. Bless the team for being thoughtful and giving us something tangible rather than simply leaving these games in the dust, I appreciate it wholeheartedly.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I feel so terrible for the Isaac and Shadow fans. It felt like the stars were aligned for their characters to get in just to have the rug pulled out from under them at the last second. I don't really blame them for being salty, if my most wanted was confirmed as an AT and a piranha plant got released instead, I'd be salty too.

I feel similarly for the Shantae, Rex, Spring Man, Skull Kid, and Black Knight fans too, but their characters didn't seem as much of a "hard lock" as Shadow and Isaac.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Issac fans since they removed his assist trophy entirely in Smash 4 just to bring it right back in Ultimate and crush hopes.

Shadow fans since Knuckles was shown off as an assist trophy early on and the whole echo fighter thing made Shadow look pretty likely. Then when Richter broke the fan-made rule that only 1 rep per 3rd party series is allowed, and him being clone at that, Shadow (at least as a clone) seemed basically guaranteed since he still wasn't shown off if that Direct's assist trophy showcase.

Skull Kid fans for a lot of the same reasons as Shadow. A new assist trophy for Majora's Mask being the moon itself and assist trophies getting upgraded to playable fighters like Dark Samus and Isabelle. Skull Kid was looking more and more likely. Skull Kid's assist trophy wasn't even shown during the final direct. They just slapped him on the assist trophies page down near the very bottom which lead to people still not knowing about it until days later. What's really stupid was that Sakurai could have easily made Skull Kid and the moon a single assist trophy.

I feel like with Shadow's and Skull Kid's fanbases it's extra bad since they were both led on pretty heavily and deliberately just to finally put a bullet in them in the final round of Sakurai's hopes and dreams firing squad. He knew people would get their hopes up, there's no way someone can be that almost super-humanly out of touch.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
No one was "screwed over". It's better for a character to be an Assist Trophy than not in the game at all. Chances are, if a character wasn't included as an Assist Trophy, it wasn't chosen for DLC either. Yes, the five characters that were chosen for DLC aren't Assist Trophies, but there are many other characters that aren't in the game at all. And of COURSE some of the people in this thread had to complain about Piranha Plant, AGAIN.
I love Assist Trophies, but in this day and age, where DLC is a possibility, people don’t want their character to be an AT because it’s essentially a disconfirmation from the basegame and DLC. That’s why after November 1 you saw Isaac fans devastated while Geno fans are more hopeful than ever.
If Geno couldn't get into the base roster, I doubt he'll be DLC either.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think Shadow and Skull Kid given their strange absences which was similar to Chrom, Isabelle, and Dark Samus. Isaac would be next given the Ratholos tweet and that he was the next mist requested Nintendo character behind Ridley and K. Rool.

No..... he wasn't.
Then who is? Isaac has the biggest thread here.

No one was "screwed over". It's better for a character to be an Assist Trophy than not in the game at all. Chances are, if a character wasn't included as an Assist Trophy, it wasn't chosen for DLC either. Yes, the five characters that were chosen for DLC aren't Assist Trophies, but there are many other characters that aren't in the game at all. And of COURSE some of the people in this thread had to complain about Piranha Plant, AGAIN.

No, I would rather have them not be in the game at all than be an assist. At least that means they can be playable, AT means that they can never be playable in the same game. At least that is how we see it, there is nothing stopping Sakurai from upgrading AT to characters, it just has not happened yet.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Just taking a moment, the over 50 assist trophies was actually the worst case scenario with 59 of them, and that baffles me.

I might make a thread on the analysis of assist trophies (when I’m not dying due to classes), but this game really reinforced a dislike and disdain for the approach to assist trophies.

Isaac was absolutely the highest first party Nintendo character hanging around that got blown out by the massacre. He had the fan support, a Rathalos tweet that despite my lack of belief in the reference lined up way too damn well with Golden Sun, and tons of moveset potential. He got absolutely gutted by the Direct.

Shadow is still the biggest WTF missing character from the lineup. You have a quite popular character, from the third party you have quite possibly the best repor with, who perfectly fits the brand new concept of Echo fighters, and you avoided showing his assist trophy off. Shadow was such an easy win on so many levels and made complete sense, I really don’t understand how Sakurai didn’t make him an Echo and it feels like such a massive missed opportunity in hindsight.

And then Springman and Rex getting utterly destroyed before they had a chance. Everybody considered them front runners for DLC, and now we just kind of don’t have anything. Springman is admittedly from a new series, but his goddamn assist trophy looks pretty fleshed out and basically has a final Smash... so yeah...And Xenoblade could really use some more content as well...

So pick one of those four. Skull Kid I have less sympathy for because until August he was significantly less talked about. Black Knight was always kind of meh anyway, and the rest aren’t dead yet.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Isaac, no question. Geno and Isaac have very similar timelines in the Smash Community and Isaac has been consistently top ten in Smash polls since 2008. The push for him was massive for years and him becoming an AT was kind of like blowing a tire in sight of the finish line during the Tour de France. Sakurai pretty much solidified that for Golden Sun to be considered for Smash again that the series has to be revived and that's a tough hill to climb for the fanbase. I think it can happen but the clock is definitely ticking if it's going to be considered for the next Smash.
Cloud was paid DLC in Smash 4. If another Square Enix character is added, they've left plenty of evidence that it will be paid too. Notice how Ultimate has literally nothing new when it comes to Final Fantasy. No new music. No assist trophy. They've made it abundantly clear that they won't budge a muscle unless they are getting paid extra for it. If Square Enix is like this towards their biggest star and franchise, why would they act differently for anyone else?

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Issac - He was the only hard de-confirmation in my eyes. I see him as the last of the big fan requested 1st Party characters, as his support has never really wavered, and having been missing from the previous game there was a lot of pondering over his disappearance. If he wasn't an AT, I'd suspect he'd be front in line among DLC speculators given the hard 2015/early 2016 cutoff Sakurai gave.

Shadow - A close second. A lot of dots were lining up for him but it just didn't happen (if I had to guess, maybe his running animation?). At the very least, Sonic fans can take pride in the amount of content the series is receiving irregardless.

Skull Kid - I think people were massively over stating him, though I do agree there was a dot or two lining up.

Shantae - I don't think has been de-confirmed, but it is a nice surprise to see her receive a nod.

Black Knight - I love that Sakurai knows there is niche demand for him, but fans were stretching things way too far in regards to Castle Siege & Echoes.

Banjo - Hasn't been de-confirmed, which is the best thing I can say in regards to his chances until Rare titles show up on the N64 Classic.

Geno - Hasn't been de-confirmed, and has a credible rumor that could maybe lead to his inclusion. Piranha Plant threw a lot off the table, so there's that too.

Rex - There was always the missed the boat argument, and it was true this time. DLC was his last big chance, but Sakurai played it down while also basically saying (in my eyes) that he'll be a shoe-in for the next game.

Spring Man - The same as Rex, but with arguably more issues in regards to a potential moveset/balancing issues. Even if the DLC covered recent releases, I'd still be skeptical over his chances.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I may not have wanted him in, but I feel really bad for Shadow fans. At least as a Waluigi fan, that band aid was ripped off immediately, where as Shadow fans were egged on to think that their guy had a chance (Echo Fighters, Knuckles AT) only to be pulled the rug from underneath. This could also apply to Isaac but he didn't have the natural benefits that Shadow had.

Apply that disappointed Gru meme.

I also feel for fans of Springman and Rex (maybe) since their guy got killed before they even had a chance for DLC.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
It may be a bit biased, since I'm a fan of all 4 of these guys, but the 4 that had it the worst were Rex, Spring Man, Octoling and Shantae. I know some might argue for Isaac, Shadow and Skull Kid, but they were previously ATs and were likely going to reprise those roles (as they did). Not saying that they didn't get screwed over (they did get screwed pretty badly), but their deconfirmation was far more likely than Rex, Spring Man, Octoling and Shantae.

Rex, Spring Man and Octoling, as many others have stated, were killed off before they even had the chance to prove themselves. We all thought these guys were gonna be locks for DLC as promotional characters, only for them to get deconfirmed with the rest of the fan-favorites. Spring Man is an AT, Rex is a Mii Costume, and Octoling is a Spirit (which, knowing that DLC was planned ahead of time, DO deconfirm fighters), along with the fact that there will be no echoes for DLC.

It's even worse for Rex and Spring Man. For Rex, there's likely to be another Xenoblade Game by the time development begins for the Smash 6/7 (if there is one), so whoever the Xenoblade 3 protagonist is is likely to take the slot that would've gone to Rex, so SSBU DLC was his only chance. ARMS didn't become as popular as Nintendo had hoped, so I doubt ARMS is going to be coming back any time soon, leaving the Smash team with no reason to touch it again.

Now for the unpopular opinion: Shantae. As I said before, Spirits do deconfirm fighters, since the DLC was planned ahead of time. But what makes Shantae's deconfirmation so much worse than someone like Geno, who also had it pretty bad? It was because of False Hope of not being deconfirmed; after seeing all of the Sprits, ATs and Mii Costumes, Shantae fans had thought they had survived. We had been egged on with not only the fact that she survived, but that there was evidence with possible Smash Ultimate references in the Shantae games, and WF being implied to be under a strict NDA. But During the World of Light trailer, Nintendo was basically like "Before we go, we have one final Deconfirmation: Shantae, the Half-Genie Hero will NOT be joining the battle in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate." Basically we survived the Assist Trophy and Mii massacres only to get a sticker; a previously existing PNG file. We got deconfirmed at the last possible second and don't even get to appear on the stage for it. It was similar to Skull Kid, except no one could say "oh hey. They're probably still an AT."

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Then who is? Isaac has the biggest thread here.
Thread size is irrelevant. I'm basing this off of the polls.
smashpoll.png
Isaac is nowhere to be seen here
smashpoll2.png
Here, Isaac was trumped by Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, and Krystal.

This one was the only poll I found where Isaac won:
smashpoll3.png

This next image was meant to be a promotional for Bandana Dee, but it also contains some other poll results.
Bandana Dee Smash Ultimate.png
Isaac was trumped overall in the polls by Waluigi, Ashley, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, and Dixie Kong for fighters who didn't make it in. he was completely absent from the top ten in one poll.

Although Isaac isn't the most popular fighter request, i can't deny he's very popular. But his chances at getting in a Smash title in the future aren't looking too good.

Last edited:

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Here, Isaac was trumped by Chorus Kids and Geno for first parties (I have no clue who the rest are).

This next image was meant to be a promotional for Bandana Dee, but it also contains some other poll results.
Isaac was trumped overall in the polls by Waluigi, Ashley, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, and Dixie Kong for fighters who didn't make it in. he was completely absent from the top ten in one poll.

Although Isaac isn't the most popular fighter request, i can't deny he's very popular. But his chances at getting in a Smash title in the future aren't looking too good.
Isaac is there in the first one he is between Cloud and Bayonetta which did get into Wii U and 3DS DLC. For the second one, you were looking at it backwards Isaac is higher than Geno and Chorus Kids but lower than Bandana Waddle Dee.

D

Deleted member

I gotta go with Isaac fans tbh

Even though Isaac isn't anywhere on my wanted list, and Rex was my most wanted, if the DLC was decided back in 2015 like people say then Isaac is just... dead. Like, he's not coming back from this. By the time the next Smash comes around Isaac will be incredibly irrelevant unless a new GS comes out which won't happen considering Nintendo wants nothing to do with it.

If the DLC was decided recently and Sakurai only considered the list of characters after he already finished all the stuff in the base game Isaac still has an almost zero chance considering Nintendo is deciding the characters. They are probably only considering characters from alive franchises to also promote those franchises like Elma or Bandanna Dee.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here, Isaac was trumped by Chorus Kids and Geno for first parties (I have no clue who the rest are).

The first poll you provided is Japan-only, and was conducted with the questionable method of tallying Twitter mentions.

I find it funny that in the latest poll you provide (the third one, which took place after 8.8) Isaac is #1 in the West and #5 in the East while Dee in #1 in the East and #5 in the West. They’re basically equal, heh.

There’s also the exit ballot (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ps://zayiflamahatti.com/tags/BandanaWaddleDee) where Isaac placed second after K. Rool, and the most recent poll, the Reddit poll (https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9ld79u/day_3434_results_randomized_smash_ultimate_poll/), where Isaac placed second after Banjo.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Isaac is there in the first one he is between Cloud and Bayonetta which did get into Wii U and 3DS DLC. For the second one, you were looking at it backwards Isaac is higher than Geno and Chorus Kids but lower than Bandana Waddle Dee.
Well shoot. I was hoping Isaac would be higher up. I was pretty bummed to see him an AT. I'll edit my post.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm indifferent torwards Isaac, but I understand the "what gives" so I voted for him. It's always nice to have more franchises with playable characters.

Honorable mentions goes to Shadow who could have been an echo in the style of Chrom meaning that a move or two are different and for Skull Kid who would have been the first non-Triforce Trio character.

Why some Assists, who might have been playable, were kept unrevealed is beyond me.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Although Rayman has a good shot at being DLC, I think Rayman has gotten screwed throughout the process. Especially the way he was handled in Smash 4 coming in as a trophy and nothing else. I thought he would have been one of the first newcomers announced for Smash 5.

Top Bottom