• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

M@v

Subarashii!
With xzax on this one. Not everyone was active enough. If you have to question if you have enough people to make a PR, you probably shouldn't have one. I remember when PA prs could make 15 people with ease, haha.

Even if there was enough for a PR, I think it would be more appropriate to have a west and east pr anyway.

-I'm the only one that ever usually shows up in east PA/NJ, and its only for nationals. The long drive isnt worth it for me otherwise.

-We had several west and central pa players make 2 tourneys this summer, but they were either in pittsburgh or ohio. Basically, West PA operates moreso as a region of the MW because of our proximity to ohio and michigan, like you guys are EC since your close to NJ/NY. I just think its silly to have players Pr'd together that literally NEVER interact.

If you wanted to have it that way, we could have a top 5 for each side of the state(if enough were active).

TL:DR its dumb to have people ranked together that never interact, in this case West and East PA together; they are essentially different regions.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
With xzax on this one. Not everyone was active enough. If you have to question if you have enough people to make a PR, you probably shouldn't have one. I remember when PA prs could make 15 people with ease, haha.

Even if there was enough for a PR, I think it would be more appropriate to have a west and east pr anyway.

-I'm the only one that ever usually shows up in east PA/NJ, and its only for nationals. The long drive isnt worth it for me otherwise.

-We had several west and central pa players make 2 tourneys this summer, but they were either in pittsburgh or ohio. Basically, West PA operates moreso as a region of the MW because of our proximity to ohio and michigan, like you guys are EC since your close to NJ/NY. I just think its silly to have players Pr'd together that literally NEVER interact.

If you wanted to have it that way, we could have a top 5 for each side of the state(if enough were active).

TL:DR its dumb to have people ranked together that never interact, in this case West and East PA together; they are essentially different regions.
i wouldnt mind having PA rankings but our region is the only region that does ****. you guys need to step it up if you wants parts of our rankings.

Also rankings ended June 2011. Anything from July and on should count unless we want to just use Apex and on.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
I'm back in PA, guys. Was wondering if the tournaments I attended in TX would count towards the PA PR. I got 7th at Denti's Revolution 9, and 9th at Denti's Revolution 10. Some reputable tourney wins I have are 2-0 vs Neon (#3 DK), 2-0 vs FHero (Previously ranked ICs), and 2-0 vs Diska (#8 in Houston). I have no bad losses, only to power ranked players. My losses are 2-0 to Denti (#1 in Dallas), 2-0 to ALSM (#5 in Dallas), 2-1 to Dphat (#2 MK in TX), and 2-1 to YbM (#3 in Dallas). I was previously ranked seventh in Dallas, it is imo the second strongest city in TX next to Houston.
Also, does UFB get together for smashfests anymore? Its been awhile and Id like to play you guys again.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm back in PA, guys. Was wondering if the tournaments I attended in TX would count towards the PA PR. I got 7th at Denti's Revolution 9, and 9th at Denti's Revolution 10. Some reputable tourney wins I have are 2-0 vs Neon (#3 DK), 2-0 vs FHero (Previously ranked ICs), and 2-0 vs Diska (#8 in Houston). I have no bad losses, only to power ranked players. My losses are 2-0 to Denti (#1 in Dallas), 2-0 to ALSM (#5 in Dallas), 2-1 to Dphat (#2 MK in TX), and 2-1 to YbM (#3 in Dallas). I was previously ranked seventh in Dallas, it is imo the second strongest city in TX next to Houston.
Also, does UFB get together for smashfests anymore? Its been awhile and Id like to play you guys again.
Whenever we play it's normally at my place, and I'm usually free anytime after 5ish as long as you let me know before your coming.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
we need to get a PA ranking up. we have enough people.

we should count from Apex to now.

I got

Ravenlord
Speed
Darc
Will
False
Nakat x2
Keitaro
Chudat
Lie
Logic
Pane
Fatal
M@v
Kawaii Poyo
Chibo
Uno

Collision should be the last tourny of this region

and we should count 2 tournies for rankings since PA is so scarce

we have

MIB
KT
Vex
Xzax
Eazy
6wx
Uno
Dark Falco
M@v
anyone else from West PA

We can def do this

mib004

Smash Ace
Well Only have two bs tourneys Sktar and Cot6:

Wins:
Bizkit
deez
omegatyrant
Will B

Loss:
Problem
nakat
mikehaz
Raptor

BTW with Terrence he said he went to only cot and sktar.

Wins:
Vex
Coontail
Gunblade
Izumi
pane

Loss:
Nakat
RichBrown
Problem
Salem
Random he forfeit from sktar he said lol.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
How close do you live to Joe again?

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
I live fifteen minutes away from Rave. We play like every other day. We also sometimes have smashfests as Nik and Alex's. We play brawl and project M. You should come.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Let me know whenever that happens. I really need to start getting practice in the area lol. I'm practically an NJ/NY smasher at this point from all the travelling I do xD

M@v

Subarashii!
When did eazy move to Pa? i still dont think rankings are a good idea, but here. Not a complete list since im doing it off memory; will have to dig brackets out later. Heres the ones i got that i can remember;

Ripple
BPOW
leffen
luigi sama
umbra
hot_arms
luminioth
space thing
green ranger
hari
jbro
colaya
vegeta

Berserker was active(Apex and rage) and i believe umbra is too?

:phone:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Figured I might as well post since this thread remains the closest thing I can find/tell as a player locator... Anyone going to Penn State Brandywine for college or live near there/in Chester PA who plays brawl? AKA I'm to lazy to head into Phili/cannot afford the gas for that. I'm looking to improve, but my friends who play are now all at different colleges all over the country so things look bleak.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I had three tournaments... I think I made activity requirements but I did not make the skill requirement lolll... apex and two mk ban tournaments -_-

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Theres a smash contingent at main; dont know about brandywine.

:phone:
I know, a friend who went to Main this year told me about it the other day. It will be nice in 2 years when I'm at Main but as far as I can tell there isn't one at Brandywine which in the mean time, is bothersome... On the plus side, my friend will be better at brawl by the time I get there. On the downside, that means less WOPs with Jigglypuff.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
Eazy been in PA for goin on a year i think.

but Collision V should be the end of this season. Season been goin on for about a year.

Everyone post your wins.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Salem

-Nickriddle
-Bizkit
-Kingtoon x2
-Will
-Squall
-NEO
-Arty

Vex
-Kiraflax
-Kingtoon
-Ravenlord
-Chibo

Heres my top 10 IMO (im on the panel)

1. Kingtoon :toonlink:
2. Salem :zerosuitsamus:
3. Xzax :falco: :metaknight:
4. Vex :gw: :dedede:
5. Chibo :rob:
6. Squall :snake:
7. MIB :wario:
8. Uno :metaknight: :gw:
9. Mav :fox: :falco: :metaknight:
10. Dark Falco :falco:

HM's:
Ebo :marth: :dedede:
Umbra :metaknight:
6wx :sonic:
Berserker Swordsman :ike:

Reasonings:
1. Kingtoon- Kingtoon this season just like the past 2 seasons has compeltely dominated and taken out a lot of big names. The king still wears the crown beating Fatal, Nakat x2, Keitaro, ChuDat, Lie, Logic, and Will.
2. Salem - The best ZSS in the country from South NJ beating Nickriddle, bizkit, kingtoon x2, will, NEO, and arty. Welcome to PA!
3. Xzax - This season I didnt do too well but either did anyone else besides Salem/KT. I beat Vex, Strombert(top 7 in Canada), Deltacod, TC1, Bill_(beat Brood in pools at APEX 2012), Inui, Dr Grandpa, and Uno. Inconsistent tho.
4. Vex - He didnt do alot this season but he still beat Kingtoon, Kiraflax and Bizkit.
5. Chibo - he beat Illmatic in mid-tiers and Nicole and Will.
6. Squall - Him and MIB were very close in rankings cuz MIB beat Bizkit and Squall beat Vex but Squall also beat several decent players and had no bad loses when MIB lost to Raptor and only beat Bizkit.
7. MIB- same reasoning as Sqaull
8. Uno- Him and mav was close. Uno only really beat me and MIB this season while Mav only beat Ripple and Leffen. But Mav lost to Poyo and Uno beat Poyo and Uno was more consistent by going to only 2 tournaments and doing pretty well.
9. Mav - he didnt do much besides beat Ripple.
10. Dark Falco - he beat some decent players in Texas and no one else deserved to be ranked.

This is my reasoning for my top 10. I made this with Chibo/KT/Salem/Vex/M2K in the room.

South Jersey is added to the PA Panel since they are much closer to Philly then Central-North NJ/NY.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
he lives in south nj which is like 45 mins away from Philly but hes like 1 hour and a half from other NJ tournies and 2-3 hours from NY, same with Chibo. and what did you edit out after seeing my post?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lollll wait, didn't chibo move back to nj?

why are you philly kids pushing for rankings if you don't even have local events? you might as well try to get ranked in ny/nj

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
because theres no point in having local events for us, we play each other all the time. its about who can do good outside of that and thats why the rankings are the way they are. you cant base rankings off who in our state can beat each other because we play so much thats ****ing ********.

M@v

Subarashii!
because theres no point in having local events for us, we play each other all the time. its about who can do good outside of that and thats why the rankings are the way they are. you cant base rankings off who in our state can beat each other because we play so much thats ****ing ********.
If your going to put south jersey on this, take me off. In fact take the rest of the state off and please rename this the East PA/South Jersey rankings because that is much more accurate. By your logic, we shouldn't even be considered in the same region as you. (GEEE, I could of SWORN I made a post with this EXACT point a couple pages ago! Fancy that!)

I'm sure others in my end of town think the same way. Rankings are dumb to begin with, all it causes is drama and bull****. On top of that, you and KT are the ones saying we're active enough, yet your putting another state on this? I've been to TWO tourneys in NINE months that are even remotely near your area. The rest are western PA and Ohio events, which are over 6 hours away from you guys. So please, stop this ignorant crap. I don't care if you want to add people from jersey that's fine, but leave the rest of the state off. We barely interact with Jersey and East PA anyway.

TL:DR
If philly kids want to have rankings, fine. Make rankings for yourselves and South Jersey and Call them the South Jersey/East PA ranking. Don't drag people into this who don't even want to be involved.

P.S I know your going probably going to ignore this anyway because you guys have been ignorant to the rest of the state for years, and probably will always be. Chibo and Vex are probably the only two who give half a **** about what everyone else thinks.

Top Bottom