• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I like how I'm second considering I didn't go to any of the tournaments that were used for the rankings
#ESAMPP'donJavi

big sleep

չչչ
you won midstate massacre.

although you didn't have any fantastic wins, other top 5 players had ****ty enough losses that you got 2nd.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i still played ganon in this section so it makes sense.

uh yeah this looks like things because reasons we out

edit: can't decide if i'm salty about slasher/karn being here and john boney not being on or not. maybe it'd make sense if i looked at the data but hrmmm.....

SK919

Deal with it
I think I am on these for some fraud like reasons... Hopefully rese will happen for me and I can defraud my current ranking. Also, i threw out the old tag. Bros can still call me slasher but I am entering under Ninja Bird now

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
looks like you're on because you beat karn once. boney keeps losing to me and hasn't beaten anyone on that list yet somehow. must've been a coinflip between you and foxy/dinosaur lol. i would've liked to see a day with austin on the PR's again.

edit: moses, you don't necessarily have to beat a PR player to get on, but it certainly helps.

big sleep

չչչ
the methodology is basically just weighing the wins/losses of those who are currently ranked and the unranked challengers, guided by a few basic rules.

you don't have to beat a PR'd player to get on the rankings if enough ranked players from last period are inactive. these are the "fraud-like" reasons that Bryan is talking about.

Mahone

Smash Champion
well, we all know what Socrates said: "if ur not first ur last"

and im sure u can all agree on who's first

man, i wish i counted as nc, i almost beat lightsyde last time... coulda got dat numba 3 spot

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I can't change my genes. My hair just doesn't grow that way. If I grow it out, it just becomes a blob. No one wants to see that.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
that **** doesn't matter

if you lose you suck
agreed.. seeding/the pr's should be based off the most winning players :>

top 10 of apex were diff. chars, nc melee scene isn't representative of the true meta, etc... i have no gripes with the rankings, but i am of the view that something fairly easy is being turned into something more difficult w/ the motive behind the melee pr. that's not really anything new though.

big sleep

չչչ
it doesn't get much simpler than how we do it.

and just a quick note to anyone: i made this list as a draft and it was approved by the other two panelists, so if you have any specific questions about how the data is interpreted or the motive behind the melee pr, you know who to pm.

edit> ok, so $mike just sent me a pm regarding the pr. guys, i don't want to get messages like these. mike either you were kidding or you have pressing psychological issues, but either way i simply don't appreciate the kind of stuff i read from your pm. i'm sorry to call you out publicly, but it's really just for everyone's sake, i don't want people to pm about the pr if peter's gonna put a pepper in penny's petunia

Top Bottom