• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
finally, someone takes into account 'if you don't like it, go out and change it'

and yeah, often times I feel like I am the worst, or close to the worst player at tourneys, such as SOS2, where I beat everyone there that wasn't higher than me on the pr...and got next to last. Lol.

I just want NC to have attendance and enter tournaments so that stuff like this doesn't happen. I don't want the pr's to be 'the 10 ppl who actually entered tourneys this period' rankings.

this period I went to billfest. I got 5th, and I beat ocean, snap, and dr. Neo. I lost to cam and dj.

double edit: oh SOS2 was in this period. I beat vilt and dark hart at that, and lost to twitch and...someone else. Probably dj or cam.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
No, I wasn't at the last Asheboro but I heard you did AWE$OME at the Fox Samus match up so I'm actually going to blame you for this. ;]

And SOS2 only had like...10 people in the tourney. Who that was non-PR'd even entered and more importantly, why would beating people who are non-PR'd at a tiny tournament result in someone getting onto the PR's?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
nobody enters anything, that's how. I went to billfest, and I beat the people who I could beat. If I beat cam or dj or twitch in those matches, then I'd expect to be where I am.

don't freak out everyone, once lozr plays a tourney set and anyone from harlotte goes to a tourney, I'll be back off these. But nobody enters stuff, and ppl don't show up. Tell me who should be in the 10 spot then, and I'll see if they're willing to change it.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
well there's lozr, who didn't go to anything during this tourney period for some reason.

there's ali who's supposedly getting back into it. and i hope he does. :)

there's theo who...went to va for the summer...or forever. i don't know.

and there's david. (i read the OP)

there's also jim but i don't think he's going to go to anything anymore. :(

there's more people who're inactive i just can't remember them.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
that's my point...theyre all better than me, and when they go to stuff they'll replace me...i can give a long list of people who could beat me in tourney...but none of them came to stuff and beat me in tourney.

spoon
slasher king
stingers
jim
moo
lozr
ali
robert pan (lol)
eric wang (double lol)
audi
ace
josh

there are others I'm sure, who could beat me...but they didn't. I don't expect to stay there for long, and I'm sure the panel tried to find someone better suited than me to make the rankings.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i just pulled up the results for all the tourneys in this ranking period...
only splash had a bracket and i knew how pause and play went down...
did the panel find or recreate brackets for SOS and Karnfest?

anywaysss, this list is really accurate considering the results, although really weak...

interesting observations...
1)yay could make an argument to be #1 ahead of pp...he has a head to head advantage of 2-1 and they have equal attendance...yay just has a loss to cam
2)$mike only entered 1 event(SOS) but placed 2nd ahead of twitch, karn, cam, and rome
3)if karn and cam would have entered Pause and Play, (they attended but didnt enter) they would have been the only ones with perfect attendance
4)the only pr'ed player that foxy beat was jmh
5)the only pr'ed player that dj beat was black chris
6)jmh had his win vs twitch
7)black chris did not beat any pr'ed players

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
are 3 people seriously quitting because of the PRs? the PRs don't even ****ing matter.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Once i'd like to look at these rankings and be like, 'here's a list that's close to the top 10 in NC'... just like anyone else does when they look at a different state's power rankings. Instead our rankings are always wack as ****. It's really stupid... dropping lozr off the rankings due to inactivity? UHHH... does any other state drop someone that good off the rankings after a month or two of not showing to tournaments....NO. THEN add someone OOS? NO. Do you just brown-nose each other on AIM all day while making these dumb decisions?(looks like it) How hard is it to do this **** right? Look at the other 49 states for an example.

something tells me that if I went to a tournament and beat twitch with samus, beat blackchris with 10 different chars, then beat JMH I wouldn't get ranked. No way... and I shouldn't be.

edit: and i don't want to hear about how it's hard to make the rankings or they don't matter. No other state has problems like this so it's a total moot point.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Once i'd like to look at these rankings and be like, 'here's a list that's close to the top 10 in NC'... just like anyone else does when they look at a different state's power rankings. Instead our rankings are always wack as ****. It's really stupid... dropping lozr off the rankings due to inactivity? UHHH... does any other state drop someone that good off the rankings after a month or two of not showing to tournaments....NO. THEN add someone OOS? NO. Do you just brown-nose each other on AIM all day while making these dumb decisions?(looks like it) How hard is it to do this **** right? Look at the other 49 states for an example.

something tells me that if I went to a tournament and beat twitch with samus, beat blackchris with 10 different chars, then beat JMH I wouldn't get ranked. No way... and I shouldn't be.

edit: and i don't want to hear about how it's hard to make the rankings or they don't matter. No other state has problems like this so it's a total moot point.
I'm in NC more than I'm in SC, just so you know. I spend approximately two days out of the week in SC and the rest of the week in NC. I'd think that, on top of the fact that I go to every single NC tournament, qualifies me as being NC, no?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*chuckles* dorsey, just so you know, i doubt you could beat me with two of your characters, much less than 10.

and dorsey, would u just have a player "that good" just not be pr'd anywhere? just have him come to all our tournaments, and none of SC's tournaments (cuz they don't seem to have any...) and have him just...stay unranked?

so...what even tells u that you wouldn't be pr'd if you ACTUALLY attend tournaments. because its pretty obvious that if you GO to stuff and ENTER tournaments, then you have a chance and making the pr's.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I would expect nothing so unoriginal as a big pic of captioned 'u mad' from anyone but yourself. But good one. You work there; you live there. And if you need a reminder of where you live take a look at your driver's license.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

So, your issue lies in adding Yay and dropping LoZR, right?

Well, we have removed other people for inactivity before, and that never bothered anyone. We gave Adam several tournaments to come to, and honestly updating frequently for overall accuracy and ease of data control seems worth it to me if we have to lose someone who decides to take a month or so off. I know Adam isn't coming to anything until next month at least anyway, so it's not like waiting to update or keeping him on there just because is fair, especially when he has a close call for his #2 spot with Yay.

Speaking of Yay, it's hard to call him OOS. He's very active, teams with NC players, and there really isn't much of an SC scene at all, so he's like a far-away NC player in my view(kinda like me living in Shelby). He supports NC the hardest OOS and he makes our scene more competitive and our PRs more prestigious by having his caliber of skill. I don't see a downside to having him on the PRs, in all honesty.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Chris, I'm glad you're ranked and all, but you're biting off a little more than you can chew if you think you'll be able to beat dorsey. He's exaggerating slightly when he says 10 characters, but trust me, the guy can play against Ganon.

I don't really care about these rankings tbh. They are a joke. And so is adding people from out of state. Seriously. Yay is ranked because PP has a crush on him lol, it's nothing more.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
pp don't go, you still have to logic out why I exist.

personally, i understand JMH. he actually beat someone.
Spot 10 was very difficult. Your performance seemed to somewhat stand out in the panel's memory, so you were added.

Inactivity is a terrible thing, people.

Edit: The cheap shots are cute guys. I'll take apologies via aim and snail mail.

Top Bottom