• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
hahahaha

the biggest haters

anyway, today I think I learned something important with some timing or something.....but then I forgot apparently lol. Eh just watch me play you'll see it.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Yea, that's why he's trolling. It was a good set but it keeps failing when I try to upload so I been editing it to make the file smaller so I can get it on youtube. But I guess in NC having fun and wanting to do another high stakes mm again with higher stakes with a teammate from my home state is being salty

:phone:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
sneak...i could care less about some melee player that is way above your level. im tryin to get money from NC scrubs, not OoS pros

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
If that's salty then it must have a different definition out here. Stingers just want to make it into something it isn't. We lost, so what. Instead of being mad I say let's do it again but since Nando was coming to NC and is someone i'm comfortable teaming with, you can look on youtube to see how much we have teamed in the past, I wanted to team with him. I don't understand how that could be satly. I had fun being in a hype mm like that and want to do it again so that makes me salty about it? That doesnt even make sense.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
lol, ya know... I have had MM's with funny stipulations with stingers before. I have lost, when it counted, when I really thought I was going to win. . . not a big deal. Sounds like you are in the same scenario except 50$ was on the line, lol. This should just be a learning experience for you anyway...(shouldn't even do 50$ MM's to begin with no matter how confident you may be or w/e. i don't give a **** about taking/losing money like that anyway)

Him and Jim are 2 of my favorite smashers in this state anyway(it's a fairly short list). Not that the opinion of some lame NC troll matters anyway.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
If the $50 hurt me then it would be different and that's what real MMs should be anyway. I got a pretty good job. The smash community are pvssys when it comes to that compared to any other community. I like the hype

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You learned something but you forgot what? lol.
Nah I remembered while showering lol. I have little time now but I'll post in here about it later(would do my thread but don't feel motivated to write big responses to everyone that'll read it....in a mood).

<3stongers jim sneak and chris

f u nando

bit

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
If the $50 hurt me then it would be different and that's what real MMs should be anyway. I got a pretty good job. The smash community are pvssys when it comes to that compared to any other community.
so because some people aren't willing to gamble away their money for no good reason, they're ****ies? that's a completely valid conclusion you've got there.

0Room

Smash Lord
I think the only two MMs I still have are

Double or nothing for Snap from Pound V, I won the first MM, but we haven't done the Double or nothing. I think that's like $4 now.
And then against Chris' Ganon, I don't think we decided on money, but most likely $5
And then against Foxy's Link and that's like $1

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
so because some people aren't willing to gamble away their money for no good reason, they're ****ies? that's a completely valid conclusion you've got there.
If you have any desire to be competitive, then you put up or shut up. Why pour effort into something if you aren't willing to stand by your progress and achievements? Sure, it may not make sense to you as you aren't into smash as much, but for those trying to prove their worth Sneak makes a decent point.

I don't mm people cause I'd feel bad if I took their money.
Well.....it's not a big deal LOL.

post coming later probly.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i don't mm cause i feel bad taking money

i mean it's one think to mm someone who is relitively the same skill level or something at a national, like i MM'd tope for the intense set it brought along

but like marthrox23 has no chance and i just feel bad, i'll just **** then in friendlies for free

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't make the rules I just enforce em.

And MacD I play a little more seriously if it's a MM but I typically offer to just seriously if the person is like a noob or something. Sometimes that's the only way people can play me though is through MMs(like that one time at Apex lol) so I guess I just kinda take it in a circumstance way.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
is this kevin nanney speaking, or kevin thatdude nanney?
cuz one of them is cool as ****, and the other is...that dude.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you have any desire to be competitive, then you put up or shut up. Why pour effort into something if you aren't willing to stand by your progress and achievements? Sure, it may not make sense to you as you aren't into smash as much, but for those trying to prove their worth Sneak makes a decent point.
Rofl, yep. Prove it or stfu! =D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I will now make this post on my new idea. Only it will be short and possibly confusing cause pro

It's about TIMING.

Timing of a movement, of a punishment, of a bait, of a recovery....timing is everything. Timing makes you who you are as a player(from a timing perspective obviously). I began thinking to myself why it was so bad that Twitch only had me to play with and what it really meant that he struggled with worse Falcos just because they played differently. The answer didn't come to me until I played salt Marth on him the other day. By adjusting my attack and defense timings, his instincts were thrown off, and he had to constantly readjust his game if he hoped to reliably crack my spacing.

Skipping a lot of steps because I feel like it, you eventually want to vary your timings for everything you do if you want to stay truly unpredictable. Delaying an aerial by a fraction of a second could cause your opponent to get confused and give you all the opportunity you need. Or maybe you just....don't attack but get close. Your timing is now very off from the norm and gives you a fresh playing perspective and circumstances to acclimate yourself to(only you're on the confident end of things and understanding it better if you're doing it correctly).

yeah rambling and stuff

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My fair has range +1 because of this. =P I think I always understood this since thats how I created the Kage special. But now that you say it like this, ya it's timing.

UrHeartzDzire

Smash Cadet
i was a lot saltier than sneak lol. but i didn't really post about it. sneak and nando are a real team. stingers is scared not only because he knows that in general nando is a better player than be, but that the two of them have a significant amount of team chemistry.

i personally want to do a run back once i get some money from my internship this summer. i feel that I can do better, and we came pretty close the last time. however, if you two end up accepting sneak and nando's offer, then i'd like to see that.

sneak and nando are right around the same level, just so you know. sneak taught the guy lol.

edit: lol this is chris on ashley's computer

Top Bottom