• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nohrian Princess Azura Dances in Smash Switch

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since this warrior is traveling to another location, this place is all yours WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever

Take care of it and never give up cheering on Azura's dance. Until we meet again.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Having played Azura in Fire Emblem Warriors, I kind of wish she WAS included in the base roster. It would have made the shallow plotline that much more interesting. If I could trade Elise and Sakura for her, I would in a heartbeat.

As of now, Azura and Oboro are two of mine favourite units in Fire Emblem Warriors. Just as I predicted, their unique weapons give them a totally different playstyle than the myriad sword users in the game.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm generally for Azura, though I'd worry about the representation trolls. People already think there are too many FE characters in Smash Bros, they tolerate two from Awakening because one is a clone but Fates is such a controversial game that I bet the Smash community would be pain if they had two reps.

Though personally, I lobbied for Azura prior to Corrin's inclusion. I think a lance user would be really fun. And she's become like my second favorite Warriors character after Robin. Plus I'm always pro more Rena Strober in my life.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still support Azura here.
Good to have you back.

Slightly edited the OP to match her DLC status in Warriors (plus FE Heroes ****) and added anyone I've missed to the support list.

I guess there's not much to discuss except I need to get FE Warriors soon. Just to get a feel of how good her moveset is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Purchased Conquest last month, downloaded Birthright right away cause am a moralistic edge lord... having quite some fun with it. Though the story is quite a letdown after Awakening and Echoes.

Don't really think Azura deserves to be added to Smash but yeah, good to have a placr to discuss FE Fates here. Btw, totally messed up my supports and thus don't have Kana in my first play though of Conquest and Birthright so am kinda ****ed :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Purchased Conquest last month, downloaded Birthright right away cause am a moralistic edge lord... having quite some fun with it. Though the story is quite a letdown after Awakening and Echoes.

Don't really think Azura deserves to be added to Smash but yeah, good to have a placr to discuss FE Fates here. Btw, totally messed up my supports and thus don't have Kana in my first play though of Conquest and Birthright so am kinda ****ed :D
I just love the "moralistic edgelord" oxymoron, haha.

But yeah, the story definitely isn't great, IMO. Lots of other things to appreciate though. Glad you're having fun though!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, assumming this is a new Smash game I'll open a discussion.

Given work on Smash started this early and we still don't know the status of Fire Emblem,Switch or its lord, part of me thinks we could wind up with a Fire Emblem character from either Fates (another) or another older series. Only time will tell.

I am cautiously optimistic about how things are looking for Fire Emblem content. Like a real Fates stage for once.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So, assumming this is a new Smash game I'll open a discussion.

Given work on Smash started this early and we still don't know the status of Fire Emblem,Switch or its lord, part of me thinks we could wind up with a Fire Emblem character from either Fates (another) or another older series. Only time will tell.

I am cautiously optimistic about how things are looking for Fire Emblem content. Like a real Fates stage for once.
I wouldn't be so sure just yet.

Depending on if development on Fire Emblem Switch had happened for a while, he probably could had been approached by IS reps about the next Lord's design. We won't know until we find out either way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yess
I hope it isn't too late for Azura. I'd get if it is though. But still, a main character as a dancer is such a good opportunity.
Yep. We are just still hoping that it's still not too late for her or just more Fates content in general.

And welcome back andimidna.

andimidna

Smash Master
Thanks! Wew, been years since I've been active on smash boards.
I wonder what the possibility of them considering anything from Fates or Shadows of Valentia would've been before the announcement of FE Switch. If I had to guess, I'd say they might hold out on a new character until DLC to avoid complaints about oversaturation, making the FE Switch protagonist even more likely. It could really all come down to timing circumstances. (Meant to post yesterday but there was maintenance oops)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks! Wew, been years since I've been active on smash boards.
I wonder what the possibility of them considering anything from Fates or Shadows of Valentia would've been before the announcement of FE Switch. If I had to guess, I'd say they might hold out on a new character until DLC to avoid complaints about oversaturation, making the FE Switch protagonist even more likely. It could really all come down to timing circumstances. (Meant to post yesterday but there was maintenance oops)
You may be on to something.

Sakurai might just hold out on any Fire Emblem newcomer in the base game unless IS had already approached him bout it. We should at least get some new songs and content out of Echoes and Fates at least. The latter is in dire need of a stage since Awakening had its chance the last time.

Yeah, timing is key. And we all hate the maintenance.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Azura is definitely one of my favourite Fire Emblem characters and I’ve been maining her in both Warriors and Heroes. Sadly, I have agree that she likely missed the boat for Smash and I’d be shocked if Intelligent Systems hasn’t already approached Sakurai about Fire Emblem Switch.

Regardless, can you please add me to the support list.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Azura is definitely one of my favourite Fire Emblem characters and I’ve been maining her in both Warriors and Heroes. Sadly, I have agree that she likely missed the boat for Smash and I’d be shocked if Intelligent Systems hasn’t already approached Sakurai about Fire Emblem Switch.

Regardless, can you please add me to the support list.
Yeah, adding you to the list can suffice.

That said, I do agree with her that she had long missed her boat thanks to Corrin. Plus competition with other Fire Emblem newcomers (especially the new Lord).

Only time will tell.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I'd place Azura under a few other FE reps for Smash based on likelihood.
  1. FE16 lord
  2. Lyn
  3. Heroes rep/Anna
  4. Azura
However, I think she can still have a good chance. Fates has been pushed hard ever since even before it came out and with Smash 5's development time starting in 2016 right around when Nintendo could gauge Fates' success I'm speculating we could get a lot of Fates content for this Smash. SOV and FE16 might be too late and Awakening is too old/already repped in 4 to be the base of FE content in Smash 5. That only leaves Fates, and if Nintendo/IS were to go all out in promoting Fates I'd assume there's a serious possibility of Azura being added. The only problem is Corrin being a Fates rep, but that didn't stop them with Robin/Lucina both as Awakening reps.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn`t mind that either Azura or Camilla make it in if we get another fates rep seeing that they both have a chance thanks to Heroes & Warriors, but since we`re talking about Azura i won`t talk about Camilla so much.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It is Azura's day in the RTC. Come and show your support.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Awakening. But, I'm planning on getting Fire Emblem: Three Houses for the Switch when I get it. I support!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've only played Awakening. But, I'm planning on getting Fire Emblem: Three Houses for the Switch when I get it. I support!
Welcome aboard and adding you to the list.

I guess with all this time its out, I just may get Fire Emblem Warriors soon. And It's not just for Azura since Warriors is my addiction already for a long time.

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3.

D

Deleted member

It may be true that Azura was never going to be the first Fates character in Smash. That was practically guaranteed to be Corrin. But hey, if Awakening can get all 3 of it's protagonists in Smash, then what's the harm in Azura joining Corrin on the roster?

Not something I would call likely to be honest. But I support it nonetheless.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since I am leaving speculation for good, anyone can own this.

May the ocean's gray waves be with you.

Any big Azura fan can feel free to take over.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
And sold.

Good luck.

And I don't think I can see her as a Palutena echo.
Let's see what she'd need:

Her tilts all use a staff. Azura would use a spear
For some moves, Palutena uses a shield. Azura can't really replicate that since she does not use a shield. However, the shield is only used in Back Air and Dash Attack and thus can be replaced
For Smashes, she'd need wings. Azura does have dragon blood, so she could feasibly pull it off, albeit with water wings like Steven Universe's Lapis. Alternatively, she does have a Pegasus in some classes. Summoning the wings from that could prove to be a valid explanation.
The Column of Light Up Smash is now a Geyser from the Dragon's Vein ability
Up Air uses some sort of angelic energy. Some water effects would make this move feasible for Azura to perform (hah) too

Now for Specials:
Auto-Recticle could be water droplets summoned from her pendant.
Explosive Flame can be a bubble that pops
I don't know what Palutena's current up special is. Azura covers herself in quite a lot of water in her dancing cutscenes. Possibly enough to simulate a warp.
Down Special is Counter-Reflect. Azura summons a water wall in one of the cutscenes and summons waves for most attacks in her Warriors moveset and the counter is done with the staff/spear.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I support her. Her biggest competitions imo are no one new lol, Three house dlc characters, or echoes dlc character. Maybe Anna she seems to jump into everything

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I support her. Her biggest competitions imo are no one new lol, Three house dlc characters, or echoes dlc character. Maybe Anna she seems to jump into everything
Thank you for supporting! I can't edit the supporter's list but it's good to see you aboard anyways.
Azura's competition is currently not very big indeed. If Sakurai wants to add a Fire Emblem character there's a big chance it's Azura.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Azura is a spirit, so things are quite slim. And I doubt she can compete with a Three Houses Fighter.

Also, WCF, like me, is leaving this site. So this thread is up for grabs from anyone.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Azura is a spirit, so things are quite slim. And I doubt she can compete with a Three Houses Fighter.

Also, WCF, like me, is leaving this site. So this thread is up for grabs from anyone.
I can take over the thread if no one else offers. The only thing I need to do is get access to the OP so that I can edit the supporter list whenever we get any new supporters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can take over the thread if no one else offers. The only thing I need to do is get access to the OP so that I can edit the supporter list whenever we get any new supporters.
Then the thread is all yours congrats.

But the bigger problem comes from the admins not being able to change ownership of threads because of the new forum system Smashboards run on than the old one. So blame Warchamp.

But I wouldn't hold my breathe for new supporters. Most FE fans moved on to Celica, Eldegard, or know that we will never get a FE newcomer as DLC.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Azura is the one character I'd be genuinely happy about getting in as DLC at this point... as butthurt as so many fans would be.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I guess with Erureido missing in action, I can add all new supports here right quick.

She's my most wanted Fire Emblem character for Smash, I completely support her! ^^
Same, for me, she is the only FE character I care for being playable. Other than Lyn since she's nice.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I guess with Erureido missing in action, I can add all new supports here right quick.
I've been wanting to add the supporters to the supporter list... if only I have OP access.

The best I can do is edit my first post on this thread to have the modified supporter list for future supporters.

Top Bottom