• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Noble Knight of Galar, Sirfetch’d!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Who is Sirfetch’d?

7D89FF6A-6F32-4FB8-B2FB-07CEF6B7C557.png

This handsome daddy right here.

The new evolution of the classic Pokémon Farfetch’d, Sirfetch’d makes his debut in Pokémon Sword and Shield!

A pure fighting type, Sirfetch’d is a noble Pokémon who fights with pride and honor. Never resorting to dirty tactics.

Okay wise guy, why Sirfetch’d?

Why not? He looks rad.

Does he have a chance?

Maybe! Now that more fighters have been announced, almost anyone is fair game. And I think a new Pokémon could happen.

Why should I support Sirfetch’d?

Because he’s rad! He’s a Duck swordsman, that’s hilarious dude!

Besides, if you’re here you’re probably already a Pokémon fan. And there isn’t a self respecting Pokémon fan alive who doesn’t love Sirfetch’d :p

This’ll be updated as we go. Not much is known about his moveset at the moment
47C3999A-BA94-4862-95D8-63C926AAAE7C.png

METEOR ASSAULT

Sirfetch’d brandishes his leek lance and charged forwards with intense speed and power. Does a lot of damage, but also damages the user. And there’s a bit of cool down time. I’m thinkin side special.

In conclusion, Sirfetch’d is cool. I mean could you imagine him in Smash?

Legendary sword users, Link! Marth! Hero! And a Duck!

Besides, he’s got a fun personality. Chivalrous and kind to a fault. I imagine he’d clash with Incineroar a lot.

So there you have it folks, support Sirfetch’d for Smash Ultimate! :083:

B2604DFC-5454-4C1A-9B57-7FC70E60D64F.jpeg

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, I guess you can have it. I'll just do the write up I was going to make as a seperate post. Maybe place it in the OP? LOL

I'd rather work on my art project right now anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we were to get a Sword and Shield Pokémon, I would want it to be Sirfetch'd. Absolutely support.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
GIVE ME PLEASE! I absolutey LOVE Sirfetch’d. Right now, it is not only the best Gen VIII Pokémon, but also one of the best overall Pokémon, in my opinion. So please, give us this righteous and honorable knight.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Whilst I'd still prefer Obstagoon, I can't deny it's about damn time Farfetch'd got his evolution. Sirfetch'd is great and I wouldn't even be mad at this anime swordsman making the cut. Pun fully intended.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I don’t even know what happened lmao

I’m grateful though.
I dunno maybe it was cause of Psychoincarnate saying he was going to it but they didn't and people went looking for it or something? Or maybe cause it was part of that big pokemon swsh leek

But now we be the Cross gen evolution duo
We made both their threads

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Making one of my first posts outside of Geno's thread to lay down my allegiance to the idea of Sirfetch'd in Smash.
Would be an excellent way to promote Sw/Sh in Smash and would be our first lance user.
May Sirfetch'd's leek never wither and his shield stay sturdy and robust.

I don't have much on moveset speculation, but I imagine Sirfetch'd's shield would function similar to Link and Hero's.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
With that stick, Sirfetch'd would have a silly attack range.
I find it amusing that the argument against Sirfetch'd is the same one used for Sephiroth.
However, unlike Sephiroth, I feel you could take liberties with the length of the leek without upsetting anyone.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Normally I get salty that it seems like absolutely every new Nintendo character gets a thread before their games even get released and it just smacks of people wanting to be "right" or get numbers but...

But...

I love this duck he's hilarious that face is so goofy give him to me

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I find it amusing that the argument against Sirfetch'd is the same one used for Sephiroth.
However, unlike Sephiroth, I feel you could take liberties with the length of the leek without upsetting anyone.
Yeah, that's part of the reason why I find it funny. Imagining that stick and its attack range in Smash is amusing, and I actually kinda wanna see Sirfetch'd in Smash now just to see how Sakurai would make it work.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Zacian's got the Sword and Zamazenta's got the Shield, but why settle for one when Sirfetch'd has both? Support.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You could always do one of those operations like Geno and Rayman. I actually have a ton of ideas for this character and it hasn't even been out for that long.

When I get the chance, I'll do some pieces on a possible pose, taunts, etc. You can add those to the OP if you want

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really was going to make it but I was tired this morning and decided to get coffee first. When I came back from coffee I saw the thread was made

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Out of all of the Sword and Shield Pokémon I have seen, Sirfetch'd would probably be the best Smash rep wise. Such a fun and cool Pokémon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I read on the SwSh website that

Meteor Assault leaves Sirfetch’d unable to take action after a use. I think that would be more unique than simple recoil damage.
It's just fighting type hyper beam or Giga Impact

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Usually I don't like bandwagoning on every new Pokemon that's revealed, but I love this absolute chad of a bird already. His design is absolutely hilarious and I actually think his playstyle would be super fun, so consider me an advocate for the Chad Onion Duck

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
While Zacian seems to be where Lycanroc fans are migrating to, Sirfetch'd would be my preferred anime swordsmon.

Top Bottom