• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo "Off My Chest" thread (BE CIVIL)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fire Emblem Engage is kind of a weird concept for a mainline Fire Emblem game, they could've just gone for Fire Emblem Heroes but as a console game without the cacha stuff. I'll buy it and play it and probably love it though, but I find it a strange approach after Three Houses honestly.

I doubt this game will have as much freedom of choice as Three Houses did with the four routes, even if there are four kingdoms and all. Seems this game will be more linear, or they realized Three Houses was too ambitious of a project with all routes seemingly rushed and felt incomplete outside of Azure Moon (best route and best Lord too so no complaints lol).

Also the fusion with Emblems is just a strange concept to me. Again I'll play it and probably love it, but these choices are questionable to me especially since there's Heroes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Fire Emblem Engage is kind of a weird concept for a mainline Fire Emblem game, they could've just gone for Fire Emblem Heroes but as a console game without the cacha stuff. I'll buy it and play it and probably love it though, but I find it a strange approach after Three Houses honestly.

I doubt this game will have as much freedom of choice as Three Houses did with the four routes, even if there are four kingdoms and all. Seems this game will be more linear, or they realized Three Houses was too ambitious of a project with all routes seemingly rushed and felt incomplete outside of Azure Moon (best route and best Lord too so no complaints lol).

Also the fusion with Emblems is just a strange concept to me. Again I'll play it and probably love it, but these choices are questionable to me especially since there's Heroes.
well blue lions was meant to be the traditional FE route so it was probably the easiest. personally i don't mind a bit of linearity, multiple paths in gaming have been getting on my nerves a bit lately. as for the fusion concept i think they're borrowing it from tokyo mirage sessions

Quillion

Smash Hero
God this is a mood lol. It's especially tricky because both Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers, especially the latter, inherently rely on having a very large playable roster for a Mario spinoff game. And ever since Nintendo moved to HD development, sports game rosters have been incredibly small. That would kill a large part of the appeal, especially after Strikers had a similar downsizing issue.

The one saving grace, maybe, is that while Strikers is developed by the Nintendo-owned Next Level Games and as such presumably have only Nintendo's own resources, the Baseball games were developed by Bandai-Namco, so maybe they could pump in the additional funds needed for a large roster. But it's a stretch.
They'll probably need to start recycling assets between spin-off series if they want large rosters again.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
deep cut are kinda lame. if it was some how possible to go through the motions while designing characters it would be these guys. they just feel like recycled aspects of their more charismatic four predecessors and big man feels rather token. plus the designs of shiver and frye give me the creeps. over all it feels like they just weren't bothering. though their boss fights were fun and it's nice to know what the deal with the phantomanta is after nearly two decades

Quillion

Smash Hero
The next Xenoblade game, or even anything Monolith wants to make for themselves after Xenoblade 3, should have more atmosphere-driven storytelling like Zelda BotW or Metroid rather than "traditional" cutscene/dialogue-driven storytelling.

Monolith has a fantastic set of world designers; their next game should lean on primarily telling stories through the world design rather than the "conventional" cinematic methods that are yielding diminishing returns for the video game medium.

Aligo

Smash Ace
The next Xenoblade game, or even anything Monolith wants to make for themselves after Xenoblade 3, should have more atmosphere-driven storytelling like Zelda BotW or Metroid rather than "traditional" cutscene/dialogue-driven storytelling.

Monolith has a fantastic set of world designers; their next game should lean on primarily telling stories through the world design rather than the "conventional" cinematic methods that are yielding diminishing returns for the video game medium.
To be honest, I think the 'diminishing returns' you are talking about is the high amount of recycled content in 3 as there was no issue with any of the other games. You also have the issue where environment without characters can be seen as desolate, and also trends towards all the interesting stuff happened before you got here vibes that BOTW suffered from.

Metroid is able to benefit from these feelings as a sense of mystery and isolation are built into the design, as well as needing very little plot. Most from soft titles also use this method to give off the appropriate atmosphere for their games.

Such an approach wouldn't work with the stories monolith likes telling. Also monolith should simply put xenoblade on Hiatus if they are struggling with ideas, rather than deliberately trying to end it like what happened with XC3. Hopefully they realise that the series still has a lot of potential to move forward.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To be honest, I think the 'diminishing returns' you are talking about is the high amount of recycled content in 3 as there was no issue with any of the other games. You also have the issue where environment without characters can be seen as desolate, and also trends towards all the interesting stuff happened before you got here vibes that BOTW suffered from.

Metroid is able to benefit from these feelings as a sense of mystery and isolation are built into the design, as well as needing very little plot. Most from soft titles also use this method to give off the appropriate atmosphere for their games.

Such an approach wouldn't work with the stories monolith likes telling. Also monolith should simply put xenoblade on Hiatus if they are struggling with ideas, rather than deliberately trying to end it like what happened with XC3. Hopefully they realise that the series still has a lot of potential to move forward.
you think they were trying to end it?

Aligo

Smash Ace
I have heard from others about them trying to 'finish the trilogy' with 3, but I haven't seen any direct articles as of yet so I may have been fooled by hearsay. Sorry if that is the case.

I found the article https://www.ign.com/articles/xenobl...-of-the-trilogy-but-not-the-end-of-the-series. Looks like a gap then followed by more games. I assume it means a different style of stories rather than a different universe, as characters and locales can be used again even if the theme changes, especially since the story is very far from any kind of satisfying conclusion.

Anyhoos my bad, it was not oblivion for the series. I am just very paranoid after my previous favourite series halo going into a downward spiral, with DK, wario land and kid Icarus going into dormancy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I have heard from others about them trying to 'finish the trilogy' with 3, but I haven't seen any direct articles as of yet so I may have been fooled by hearsay. Sorry if that is the case.

I found the article https://www.ign.com/articles/xenobl...-of-the-trilogy-but-not-the-end-of-the-series. Looks like a gap then followed by more games. I assume it means a different style of stories rather than a different universe, as characters and locales can be used again even if the theme changes, especially since the story is very far from any kind of satisfying conclusion.

Anyhoos my bad, it was not oblivion for the series. I am just very paranoid after my previous favourite series halo going into a downward spiral, with DK, wario land and kid Icarus going into dormancy.
well you certainly did. They said years ago they had an abundance of ideas for the series. A 5th game is inevitable

Aligo

Smash Ace
Probably wishful thinking, but I would love to see xenoblade spinoffs, especially with all the amazing ones that have happened for over the years like Luigi's mansion and such. They could be smaller games that tie over between big releases to maintain interest while expanding the scope/audience of the series. I believe that is what made Mario the titan of a series it is today.

Quillion

Smash Hero
To be honest, I think the 'diminishing returns' you are talking about is the high amount of recycled content in 3 as there was no issue with any of the other games.
Nah, it's not the "recycled content". That actually made sense as XC3 is supposed to be the finale of the "Klaus Saga".

The "diminishing returns" is that cutscene/dialogue-driven storytelling is showing its weakness when applied to the video game medium. That style of storytelling ends up incorporating so many interruptions to the game and arbitrarily restricting the player when focusing on the "main quest" that it ends up making even open world games feel linear.

On the other hand, something like Half-Life's gameplay/atmosphere-integrated storytelling makes that linear game feel more open than it really is.

Not saying that "conventional" storytelling was always inherently bad and never should've been part of video games in the first place, but it's a stepping stone to good interactivity-oriented storytelling that shouldn't be lingered on.

You also have the issue where environment without characters can be seen as desolate, and also trends towards all the interesting stuff happened before you got here vibes that BOTW suffered from.

Yeah, maybe BotW and Metroid were bad examples. I just used them because they're so "standard" as examples of atmosphere-driven storytelling.

But what about something like Elder Scrolls Morrowind or even EarthBound where you need to continuously gather information about the current setting and goals by talking to various NPCs? That way the plot is still going on around you, but the game isn't interrupted by virtue of making the player continuously seek out the information rather than spoonfeed it out through mandatory dialogue breaks.

Probably wishful thinking, but I would love to see xenoblade spinoffs, especially with all the amazing ones that have happened for over the years like Luigi's mansion and such. They could be smaller games that tie over between big releases to maintain interest while expanding the scope/audience of the series. I believe that is what made Mario the titan of a series it is today.
Agreed. Something as standard as a Xenoblade Warriors/Musou would be great.

It would work alongside a ton more Zelda spin-offs too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Xenoblade spinoffs? No. I don't see how that would work, or even sell. But yes, spinoffs is what made Mario gigantic as it is, and would benefit series as DK, Zelda, Metroid and Kirby hugely too.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Xenoblade spinoffs? No. I don't see how that would work, or even sell. But yes, spinoffs is what made Mario gigantic as it is, and would benefit series as DK, Zelda, Metroid and Kirby hugely too.
Again, a Warriors/Musou game would be a good starting point.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've always been of the perspective that the sports games (Mario Kart especially) are the real Mario main series and the platformers are themselves the spin-offs - obviously not in the literal sense of "this came first and inspired that" but moreso in the sense that "this represents the series as a whole".

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nah, it's not the "recycled content". That actually made sense as XC3 is supposed to be the finale of the "Klaus Saga".

The "diminishing returns" is that cutscene/dialogue-driven storytelling is showing its weakness when applied to the video game medium. That style of storytelling ends up incorporating so many interruptions to the game and arbitrarily restricting the player when focusing on the "main quest" that it ends up making even open world games feel linear.

On the other hand, something like Half-Life's gameplay/atmosphere-integrated storytelling makes that linear game feel more open than it really is.

Not saying that "conventional" storytelling was always inherently bad and never should've been part of video games in the first place, but it's a stepping stone to good interactivity-oriented storytelling that shouldn't be lingered on.
you sound like a snarky internet critic

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The one reason I might be inclined to somewhat disagree about Xenoblade is that the decent quality of the dialogue and the talent/novelty of the voice acting does make it stand out among other Nintendo IP's because its one of the few to do that. Environmental/indirect storytelling is worthwhile, and Nintendo handles it well, but it feels like XC feels like its carved out a decent niche as the cutscene driven action RPG. FIre Emblem is only other first party that does something like it consistently (with Zelda only slowly getting into actual voice acting) and Xenoblade executes the concept more successfully than either (at least to me).

I guess if it belonged to Namco or Square Enix, it probably would feel pretty standard among other franchises, but for where its at, I'd say maintain the status quo for a bit, but be open to experimentation here and there.

Quillion

Smash Hero
The one reason I might be inclined to somewhat disagree about Xenoblade is that the decent quality of the dialogue and the talent/novelty of the voice acting does make it stand out among other Nintendo IP's because its one of the few to do that.
Non-conventional storytelling doesn't necessarily mean "no voice acting" though. They can instead re-focus to giving the NPCs voice acting when you walk up to them and talk.

FIre Emblem is only other first party that does something like it consistently (with Zelda only slowly getting into actual voice acting) and Xenoblade executes the concept more successfully than either (at least to me).
I can at least agree with that, but that's all the more reason it's a good time for Xenoblade to shift.

Let the Klaus Saga be remembered as a good conventionally told saga that ended on a high note and lead to Xenoblade shifting to a bold direction afterwards.

Much like how the 3D Mario games didn't dwell on the 120 stars format, Galaxy format, or Super 3D paradigm for more than two games.

Aligo

Smash Ace
I am fine with tonal and gameplay shifts so long as they maintain the world and characters. The Klaus saga can end but the rest can move on, like there is a whole planet there which I would love to see more of ( and characters too) maybe they can work together to rebuild things now that the nonsense is (mostly) dealt with. That would be pretty rad.

Darn I wish I knew how spoilers worked on this site as I wouldn't say the most recent title contributed all that much.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I am fine with tonal and gameplay shifts so long as they maintain the world and characters. The Klaus saga can end but the rest can move on, like there is a whole planet there which I would love to see more of ( and characters too) maybe they can work together to rebuild things now that the nonsense is (mostly) dealt with. That would be pretty rad.

Darn I wish I knew how spoilers worked on this site as I wouldn't say the most recent title contributed all that much.
just put the word spoiler in [ ] at the front and the end but with / before the word spoiler

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Been thinking a lot about smash speculation again, and my thoughts on some of the more highly requested characters, as well as reflecting on fighter's passes and ultimate as a whole. Firstly, both fighters' passes were awesome. Even though I wasn't hyped for characters such as Terry, Kazuya, Sora, and Joker at the time of their reveals, they feel to me now like great inclusions, representing gigantic franchises outside of Nintendo and adding to the wide appeal of the smash roster. Hero and steve, although I hate both of them in-game, both add that same appeal, and I totally believe both belong there. Banjo's Reveal trailer still gives me the most happiness out of almost anything even now; I'm not an emotional person but got dang Sakurai, you got me.

Now, the two (three) fighters that divide me the most. Byleth should, in theory, be an incredibly boring addition, but I welcomed them because of how much I enjoyed Three Houses personally, and I know how many other people consider it their favorite game in the series as well. It really is just the amount of fire emblem characters already in the game that kills the hype for them. Cut half the fire emblem characters next game, and we'll see.

Pyra/Mythra. The only DLC fighter that I have more negative to say about than positive. First off, I have not played Xenoblade 2, so take what I say with a molecule of sodium chloride. I'm gonna be honest when I say, Steve included, that they are the most nothing addition to the game. First of all, while I will upset every Xenoblade fan on the planet by saying this, I don't really feel that the series "deserved' a second fighter(s) at this point. Xenoblade, at the time, had just three games. Sure, the Xenosaga series had existed for a long before, but that begs the question of why not pick a fighter from that area of the franchise instead? Surely, fans will appreciate a pick from the franchise's long pre-Nintendo legacy just as much as from the most recent entry. I don't want to sound prudish or put my own values on to this game as well, but for one of a handful of female representatives, they really had to choose the most fanservice-y designed characters for this series as well. If they wanted a much less fanservice-y representative for the series that fans have actually requested, they should have added Elma. Pyra/Mythra scream "advertisement pick": more than they do "Warranted entry into a roster celebrating the most important figures in Nintendo (and gaming) history. Certainly, though, Byleth does as well, and again this is all my very uneducated, biased, opinion. Maybe, if I one day sit down to enjoy Xenoblade 2, I'll understand the hype for these characters. For now, they just keep my feelings lukewarm overall on fighters pass 2, sadly.

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman

I've always been of the perspective that the sports games (Mario Kart especially) are the real Mario main series and the platformers are themselves the spin-offs - obviously not in the literal sense of "this came first and inspired that" but moreso in the sense that "this represents the series as a whole".

i have always been of this thought about "smash bros" itself. haha. the whole series.

neat that you pointed that out. haha.

in particular mewtwos "shadow ball".

by virtue of the whole "smash" "atmosphere" being a representation of fighterss stuff. i developed thought that "shadow ball". in "melee". in particular. was the "official look" for the move. lol.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pyra/Mythra. The only DLC fighter that I have more negative to say about than positive. First off, I have not played Xenoblade 2, so take what I say with a molecule of sodium chloride. I'm gonna be honest when I say, Steve included, that they are the most nothing addition to the game. First of all, while I will upset every Xenoblade fan on the planet by saying this, I don't really feel that the series "deserved' a second fighter(s) at this point. Xenoblade, at the time, had just three games. Sure, the Xenosaga series had existed for a long before, but that begs the question of why not pick a fighter from that area of the franchise instead? Surely, fans will appreciate a pick from the franchise's long pre-Nintendo legacy just as much as from the most recent entry. I don't want to sound prudish or put my own values on to this game as well, but for one of a handful of female representatives, they really had to choose the most fanservice-y designed characters for this series as well. If they wanted a much less fanservice-y representative for the series that fans have actually requested, they should have added Elma. Pyra/Mythra scream "advertisement pick": more than they do "Warranted entry into a roster celebrating the most important figures in Nintendo (and gaming) history. Certainly, though, Byleth does as well, and again this is all my very uneducated, biased, opinion. Maybe, if I one day sit down to enjoy Xenoblade 2, I'll understand the hype for these characters. For now, they just keep my feelings lukewarm overall on fighters pass 2, sadly.
well there are several factors to consider. the xeno games are owned by three separate companies and while nintendo are on good terms with SE and NB it's still easier to go for characters they own. saga, gears and blade are all pretty much seperate due to this. next there is that at the time XC2 was the most popular of the three and it's main character was one of the most requested characters. not to mention there is the possibility that sakurai chose them cause he wanted to, at least that's how his own words made it sound. but if you don't like their designs i would recommend avoiding XC2 all together and do NOT look up the character dhalia. i would say not to do that even if you were to play the game.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
well there are several factors to consider. the xeno games are owned by three separate companies and while nintendo are on good terms with SE and NB it's still easier to go for characters they own. saga, gears and blade are all pretty much seperate due to this. next there is that at the time XC2 was the most popular of the three and it's main character was one of the most requested characters. not to mention there is the possibility that sakurai chose them cause he wanted to, at least that's how his own words made it sound. but if you don't like their designs i would recommend avoiding XC2 all together and do NOT look up the character dhalia. i would say not to do that even if you were to play the game.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I think Sakurai has some free reign in the roster for these games, but I can't help but feel Nintendo both says "no" and "Please include X", otherwise I feel like we would have gotten Mach Rider and Geno by now, especially in the DLC.

Oh, and I KNOW about the worse character designs in XC2. I know that they were designed by a woman, but that does not make them existing any better to me lol.

EDIT: forgot Sephiroth and Min-Min in my DLC discussion as well. Just quickly off the top of my head, Min-Min is an odd choice, but has a good moveset and is probably the character from ARMS I would include outside of Spring-Man. I love Sephiroth in-game, and his reveal trailer is amazing. That said, I feel like they should have represented another FF game, especially one that was actually on a Nintendo console originally, first, though I also get that square was probably as much in charge of character/stage/music choices as Nintendo itself, probably why another character (or Geno for that matter) isn't in.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Your opinion is valid, but I will say that Pyra and Mythra get better the more you look into them. They are characters with a lot of depth, but that depth isn't immediately apparent and isn't fully explored until later in the game (and it's a long game). The fanservicey design doesn't really do their character justice.

Plus ya know. They got funny memes.

I will say that your assessment that Elma was more requested is wrong though. Rex and Pyra/Mythra was a very popular request. We're talking poll toppers. Elma was lucky to get near the top half of polls and I say that as a huge Elma and XCX fan. They just couldn't figure out how to make all three work in one moveset.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Your opinion is valid, but I will say that Pyra and Mythra get better the more you look into them. They are characters with a lot of depth, but that depth isn't immediately apparent and isn't fully explored until later in the game (and it's a long game). The fanservicey design doesn't really do their character justice.

Plus ya know. They got funny memes.

I will say that your assessment that Elma was more requested is wrong though. Rex and Pyra/Mythra was a very popular request. We're talking poll toppers. Elma was lucky to get near the top half of polls and I say that as a huge Elma and XCX fan. They just couldn't figure out how to make all three work in one moveset.
Thanks. Oh I'm sure I would appreciate the characters more if I played the game, that much is for certain. For example, I was not too keen on the idea of the E.M.M.I. from Metroid Dread or a Monster Hunter character joining smash before I played those games, and I certainly think that Pyra and Mythra are fan-favorite characters. Fan-favorite does not always mean much to Nintendo, however; If Nintendo/Sakurai chose fan-favorites exclusively, we would have Waluigi, TF2 Mercs and Callie and Marie in the Base Game. However, I think from my limted exposure to XC2 that they picked the best representatives from thatt game anyway. Also, respectfully, I wasn't trying to insinuate that Elma was MORE popular a pick among fans than Pythra, simply that she was another option I saw widely brought up in the wild speculation days. That's not to say I did not see a lot of fan support for Pythra too. I appreciate hearing from someone who likes the characters, just trying to explain why I, as an outsider to the franchise, don't personally care for them or really see them as fitting in Smash.

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
-Maybe it's years of playing it on the original hardware, but I never had a problem with the camera in Mario 64 and it's still the best Mario game to me

-Nintendo should really consider giving the localized remake treatment to more of their Japan-only games. Give me that sweet sweet 2D HD Marvelous: Another Treasure Island remake, Nintendo. And bring Hakkun back!

-Donkey Kong Country 2 is the greatest SNES platformer, not sure if it's considered a hot take to place it above Super Mario World

-Every time someone insists I play Xenoblade I lose more interest in playing Xenoblade

-I've come to terms with the fact the games I want are completely at odds with the games most of the rest of the community want. Give me Wario Land, Rhythm Heaven, Punch-Out, or Elite Beat Agents any day

-RELEASE THE ADVANCE WARS REMAKE FFS

-Pokemon Sword/Shield were complete **** and so were the gen 4 remakes, but people still overreact to how bad the series is rn. Legends Arceus was great!

Laniv

Smash Lord
I don't care about the 8-player Smash limitation, I think certain characters (not even all of them) should've still gotten 16 alts in Ultimate.
We lost out on some of Wario and Little Mac's best alts for nothing

Also it'd be a great opportunity to include Kaptain and Baron K. Rool like they should've done

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I think Sakurai has some free reign in the roster for these games, but I can't help but feel Nintendo both says "no" and "Please include X", otherwise I feel like we would have gotten Mach Rider and Geno by now, especially in the DLC.

Oh, and I KNOW about the worse character designs in XC2. I know that they were designed by a woman, but that does not make them existing any better to me lol.

EDIT: forgot Sephiroth and Min-Min in my DLC discussion as well. Just quickly off the top of my head, Min-Min is an odd choice, but has a good moveset and is probably the character from ARMS I would include outside of Spring-Man. I love Sephiroth in-game, and his reveal trailer is amazing. That said, I feel like they should have represented another FF game, especially one that was actually on a Nintendo console originally, first, though I also get that square was probably as much in charge of character/stage/music choices as Nintendo itself, probably why another character (or Geno for that matter) isn't in.
not really. if we are to take sakurai at his word he had pretty much free reign to include who he wanted up to ultimates dlc and even then going by what he said it was more he was told a game to include rather than a specific character. also people greatly exaggerate the whole geno thing, he said he was cool not that he wanted to include him. as for mach rider iirc what he said was it was the type of request he got from people his age and again said they were cool.

well XC2 had a number of character designers. obviously we don't know what sort of instructions they might have been given when designing them

min min is, as far as we can tell, the most popular arms character and was requested by arms' director and sakurai had been considering her anyway. sephiroth makes a lot of sense when you look at the way SE treat FF7

Troykv

Smash Master
-Maybe it's years of playing it on the original hardware, but I never had a problem with the camera in Mario 64 and it's still the best Mario game to me
This reminds me something, I love playing Super Mario 64, but I find very hard to replay Banjo, and the camera is part of it... The other reason is that the game feels very stiff after playing SM64 for years.

Aligo

Smash Ace
I'll confess that I have never actually played mario 64, despite having played every other 3d mario.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Eunie from Xenoblade 3 rocks the skintight unitard look better than Samus ever has. And all because the former at least wears something over it instead of running around in just that.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As far as the Pyra/Mythra inclusion in Smash, I suspect that was Nintendo doing something for the Japanese fanbase, given just how beloved they are back home. It was feasible because Xenoblade 2 was also fairly popular in the West as well, so it was a safe worldwide option.

This reminds me something, I love playing Super Mario 64, but I find very hard to replay Banjo, and the camera is part of it... The other reason is that the game feels very stiff after playing SM64 for years.
Funily enough I've got the exact opposite problem. I can't stand Mario 64's camera and the better control in Banjo-Kazooie makes it a much easier title to go back and play.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
We lost out on some of Wario and Little Mac's best alts for nothing

Also it'd be a great opportunity to include Kaptain and Baron K. Rool like they should've done
TBH I'd much, much prefer Kaptain and Baron as echo fighters. Even if they don't change anything about him functionally, the unique animations and full alt sets would be too good to pass up

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
A few more I forgot yesterday

-Diddy Kong Racing is easily better than every Mario Kart game with the exceptions of Wii and 8 Deluxe

-Ice cold take but the whole ''releasing games with almost no content and pumping it full of free updates'' model needs to die and it needs to die now. Mario Sports are dead until it does.

-There's this weird notion that every big game from the fifth generation is bad. No they aren't.

-Mario Movie looks promising enough. I hope if it succeeds we get more movies, because there's a lot of Nintendo franchises grossly overdue for some sort of adaptation.

-Unironically I want Virtual Boy games on NSO, mostly because I think every major Nintendo console should be on there in some form. Also VB Wario Land is genuinely great.

-Genuine question what's the big appeal of Star Fox? As far as I can tell there's been one good game in the last 30 some years

Top Bottom