• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Nintendo Direct 9/13/2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
So many things to take from this direct:
  • SWOLE Dedede
  • Kirby HYPE.
  • Kirby Smash Bros
  • Metroid hype.
  • ODYSSEY HYPE!
  • GRAND DAD!
  • ARMS and Splatoon updates!
  • Skyrim!
  • Minecraft!
  • All these decently interesting-looking Square-Enix RPGs.
And best of all, my fears of the possible Smash port have been extinguished for another few months. Lots of joy all around.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Personally I'm glad I didn't get too hyped for this and retrospectively I'm glad. I don't like the vast majority of JRPG's and this Direct felt like it leaned heavily on them. I'm not feeling it for Pokemon nowadays either. Still, three standout thoughts:

1) Super Mario Odyssey looks great, as usual.
2) King Dedede made MAD GAINS
3) The Metroid segment cannot have been referencing Smash unintentionally, especially after the "vengeance has a name" followed by what I presume was a Ridley roar.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

That direct was ok. I'm glad I kept my expectations reasonable, otherwise it would've been a bit underwhelming. I don't feel any more inclined to pick up any of the software I knew about before, though XC2 and Odyssey are both looking very good. That small titan Rex lives on would make a great Smash stage.

Lyn in the core Warriors game was unexpected but nice to see. Probably because she demolished all those popularity polls. But she was guaranteed for the game at some point anyway.

And then the only other thing that I was personally hyped about was the Doom announcement. I'll be picking that up, I like Doom. :)

Lastly I suppose that shows how much stock people should be putting in Youtube's gaming tags, hey? :p

Well, I'm back! That was honestly quite a nice direct for the most part! What's got me really darn curious is that Smash Bros reference during the Metroid Samus Returns footage... does that hint at Ridley and Smash for Switch as a whole? Or does it have something to do with amiibo?
It means they want the "hardcore" to pay attention to the game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly I doubt that reference means anything. Most casual Nintendo fans just know Samus from Smash Brothers more than they do her own games.

Same for Captain Falcon. It's just ''Hey Smash Brothers fans! Look! Check her out in her own game franchise!" sales tactics. Nothing more.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Direct was pretty neat. I didn't really look it up with any sort of expectations as there really wasn't much that I was looking forward to atm anyway. (At least nothing new, and I wasn't expecting a Smash announcement anyway)

I probably would have been a little excited for the Flora costume in Layton's Mystery Journey if it wasn't for the fact that I already knew about it prior. Character gets the short end of the stick in most cases so the little nod was appreciated.

That said, I was very happy on the Mario Odyssey portion of the Direct though, I should really start saving up for the Switch bundle of that game....

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Imma gush some more about Octopath

It looks amazing. So amazing
I'm downloaaaadiiiiing.

I wasn't expecting it to get covered yet and the interaction gimmick is pretty interesting looking. I wonder if I'll be able to use the gimmick in the demo?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So fun fact; this is the first time a brand new Pokémon has ever made an appearance in a third game of a generation.

And we get Ice Cream Headdy and Jenga Cipher.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Switch is really starting to come together on the 3rd Party support it needs. It still needs some AAA budget titles, but Doom, Wolfenstein 2, and L.A. Noire are steps in the right direction.

A Mario Odyssey Switch Bundle is going to sell like hotcakes. Good on them for getting it out before Black Friday (Splatoon 2 bundle?).

I'm surprised they got Minecraft running on the 3DS. Also the Dragon Quest Builders game looks pretty awesome.

It's no Gamecube, but Arcade titles coming back is amazing. Can we also get the 3rd Party titles like Vs. Castlevania or Vs. Gradius? How could they have not confirmed the original Donkey Kong!?

Buff Dedede buh.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Switch is really starting to come together on the 3rd Party support it needs. It still needs some AAA budget titles, but Doom, Wolfenstein 2, and L.A. Noire are steps in the right direction.

A Mario Odyssey Switch Bundle is going to sell like hotcakes. Good on them for getting it out before Black Friday (Splatoon 2 bundle?).

I'm surprised they got Minecraft running on the 3DS. Also the Dragon Quest Builders game looks pretty awesome.

It's no Gamecube, but Arcade titles coming back is amazing. Can we also get the 3rd Party titles like Vs. Castlevania or Vs. Gradius? How could they have not confirmed the original Donkey Kong!?

Buff Dedede buh.
I don't think Nintendo actually owns the code of the original DK.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Buff Dedede buh.
I really hope L.A. Noire is the beginning of more steady support from Rockstar. I'm not expecting something like RDR2, but the first, and especially GTAV, seem totally possible hardware-wise, and they're pretty evergreen, especially GTA.

And I could see Ninty eventually winning back greater support from Ubi. And hopefully Capcom. Assuming the Switch's upward trajectory holds.

I wonder what happened to that "support" from From Software...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just got to watch the rest of the Direct.

Odyssey somehow manages to keep looking better and better. Holy **** I want it sooooo bad.

All in all, I was satisfied with this direct. Arcade Archives, Doom and Wolfenstein, Octopath, Odyssey and XC2 release date. Pretty good imo. Sure could have had some new megaton 1st party announcements but still, I'm happy.

The Archide Archives has the same price has Hamster's other ports. I know that they're the arcade versions but still, it'd be cheaper to get NES versions on past consoles VC. Arcade Punch-Out!! is the exception, due to its differences to the NES version.

EDIT: Oh and DQ Builders and Ripped Dedede!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
LOOOOOL Caeda had an image slip through the cracks from somewhere.

To quote one of the playable characters in FE Warriors, "Wow, even better!"

*EDIT* WAIT HOLD UP, SOMEONE SAID THEY SAW NAVARRE WHAT

Well he DOES have full art. . .LOL sword users though. Could probably share some moveset with Lyn, on the other hand.

More importantly, LEAK OFF THE RAILS

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The square stuff and Odyssey looks neat. I'll try that octopath demo as it seems to have potential. ARMS being out is cool too.

Had some great titles, surprised by no Animal Crossing though and I also am surprised there was no Platinum games stuff with all their teasing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So... I basically go to my class late for the Direct, I didn't regret it at all.
But what I regret is buying an original Pro Controller, I'm gonna return it soon. I will explain why later
Im ****ing HYPED about Octopath. **** YES
Just download the game, can't wait to play it.

AND WHO SAYS XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 IS GOING BE DELAYED?
未命名.png

Well, this means nobody is gonna go MIA. And I will try my best to get the special edition, I was right about this as well.

And that pro is so great that I think I will return my Pro controller and wait for this one to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom