• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ninja-Gum IPPON Masters: Berecca, Van and the other Ninjala Fighters pop in!

Which Ninjala character would you rather play as in Smash?

• Ron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burton

• Emma

• Kappei

• Jane

• Total voters

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
1591027816489.png

What is Ninjala?

Ninjala is an upcoming Free-To-Play (but not Pay-To-Win!) multiplayer action game developed and owned by GungHo exclusively for Nintendo Switch.

In it, you play as a child ninja infused with the powers of Ninja-Gum and try to come out on top in the Ninjala tournament. How do you win said tournament? By destroying drones to make yourself stronger, and by defeating opponents. Both of these actions score points, and whoever has the most points at the end the 4 minute battle wins!

But if a Ninjala character were to join the battle, which one would it be? Well, there are exactly 8 of them and they play all the same, so the answer would be all of them!

The characters + bios:

(All bios taken directly from the official Ninjala website and/or the official Ninjala twitter)

BERECCA

1591026331999.png
Following in the footsteps of her father, Berecca has devoted her life to scientific research. While working with Burton at the WNA Research Institute, she chews some experimental Ninja-Gum and turns into a child. Berecca is always reliable and always looks after her friends. Even though she’s younger than Burton, she’s often the one who has to keep an eye on him.

VAN

1591026376513.png
A cheerful boy who lives with his mother and enjoys playing basketball. He’s so naturally talented that all his friends call him a prodigy. After his parents separated, his father’s house was lost in a fire. It was at this time he discovered that he and his father were descendants of a ninja clan.

RON

1591026536928.png
A researcher developing ninja gum at the WNA Research Institute.Ron is an enigmatic type who doesn’t speak much. In truth, he’s actually an intelligence officer for the WNA. Receiving a top-secret order, he went undercover in hopes of obtaining the results of the Ninja-Gum research.

LUCY

1591026587017.png
A young girl who has long concealed her hidden talent. After a traumatic event caused her to shut herself out from the world, she entered WNA Training School at her mother’s request. This turned out to be just the opportunity she needed to rediscover her true self. Now she’s cheerful and charismatic, but she can be a bit of a wild card!

BURTON

1591026656497.png
A researcher working with Berecca at the WNA Research Institute. Ate some prototype ninja-gum and was turned into a child. More than anyone in the world, he respects Thomas Edison. His research area is decorated with photos of his favorite inventor, and he quotes him often.

EMMA

1591026706549.png
A dancing sensation with fans all over the world. A precocious dancer who honed her skills in the city streets, Emma also moonlights as a vigilante hero who protects the weak. Her perfect sense of rhythm and incredible acrobatic skills have won her fame as the “Ninja Dancer.” This notoriety led the WNA Communications Division to seek her out and recruit her.

P7: Kappei

KAPPEI

1591027016872.png
A boy who studies swordsmanship under his grandfather. One day, he learns that he is truly descended from ninjas. Together with Gumchi, who his ancestors have protected through the ages, he arrives in Komamerica in search of his grandfather’s brother.

JANE

1591027120199.png
An expert hacker for the WNA’s Info-Communications Division. After receiving a top-secret order from the WNA’s Intelligence Division, she hacks into the system to retrieve data on the development on Ninja-Gum. She has a habit on munching on candy while working. One day while infiltrating the WNA Research Institute, she mistook Ninja-Gum for candy and ate it, turning her into a child.

The Story so far:
not counting the actual story modes

Why Ninjala?

Utilizing their Ninja-Gum as a gimmick, a fighter from Ninjala would definitely be a unique addition to the Smash Bros. roster. Ninjala ninjas are able to use attacks based on bats, drills, hammers and yo-yos, which all see little-to-no use in the Smash Bros. roster. Furthermore, they use MANY gum-based attacks, which are definitely unused in Smash. For a gimmick, they can have an SP gauge. If the gauge runs out, they can’t use Ninja-Gum attacks for a while. However, as the match progresses, the SP gauge’s maximum size gets larger based on how well the Ninjala fighter does. The better they do, the faster the maximum SP gauge size increases. And if they get it to be large enough, they can craft a big weapon using Shield-B, which has a larger hitbox and deals more damage. However, the fighter’s weapon can also break, requiring the fighter to get to a safe area and craft a new one.

Supporters List:

1: Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12
2: Zangiefsthighs Zangiefsthighs
3: NOSTARSICK NOSTARSICK
4: KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465
5: Mamboo07 Mamboo07
6: GolisoPower GolisoPower

Ninjala official website and social media:

Ninjala Website: https://ninjalathegame.com/en/

Ninjala Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCktV7qvOqmyYrNRKOI2mgoQ

Ninjala Twitter: https://twitter.com/playninjala?lang=en

Ninjala Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PlayNinjala

Ninjala Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/PlayNinjala/

Last edited:

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
I support a bowser Jr type situation for the ninjala fighter, in the end they are just cosmetics in the game so having multiple costumes on one slot would be fine

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It would be very interesting to see how Ninjala's gameplay translates to Smash. Maybe they could use all the different weapons since they're all summoned by the gum anyway.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Should I add either of you to the support list then? ( Zangiefsthighs Zangiefsthighs This does assume that they act similarly to Bowser Jr. Although which character is Player 1 is admittedly up for debate.) Also, if anyone's interested, Ninjala is hosting its first livestream tomorrow, showcasing weapons, team battle mode.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
They could be very unique to Smash! I missed out on it in April (the internet where I live is terrible) but I'm hoping I could at least play some when it comes out

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
They could be very unique to Smash! I missed out on it in April (the internet where I live is terrible) but I'm hoping I could at least play some when it comes out
If it makes you feel any better, people had a lot of trouble connecting to the open betas for Ninjala, especially in the first round.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Ninjala releases today at 7PM PST and 10PM EST!

Also, they released another animation, this one being a 2D one centered around Van:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pompadour gal all the way.

Also, it would be hilarious if Ninjala and Ninjara both show up in the same Smash someday...

Though the game's best chance is for it to become successful enough to have a sequel (or at least a further DLC expansion campaign) by the time Smash 6 rolls over. Selection process is a bit harsh to third-party IPs with just one game...

I support a bowser Jr type situation for the ninjala fighter, in the end they are just cosmetics in the game so having multiple costumes on one slot would be fine
Yeah, they make sense. Though it's more of an :ultinkling: situation, if anything (appropriately enough).

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Yeah, they make sense. Though it's more of an :ultinkling: situation, if anything (appropriately enough).
I don't quite follow. If it is all 8 of them and they're different characters, it would be more like Jr, right? Inkling would be if they were just "Ninjala Boy" and "Ninjala Girl", with 4 different attires each, but they're all their own characters with separate names, voices, backstories, goals, motivations, etc. I get comparing them because they have similar aesthetics (I'd love a Ninjala x Splatoon collab BTW), but I think the comparison fits better with Jr. than Inkling if you ask me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't quite follow. If it is all 8 of them and they're different characters, it would be more like Jr, right? Inkling would be if they were just "Ninjala Boy" and "Ninjala Girl", with 4 different attires each, but they're all their own characters with separate names, voices, backstories, goals, motivations, etc. I get comparing them because they have similar aesthetics (I'd love a Ninjala x Splatoon collab BTW), but I think the comparison fits better with Jr. than Inkling if you ask me.
Maybe a mix of both is the best way to put it? Individual names like with Jr., fully individualised looks like with Inkling (without Jr's limitations).

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would love to see them in Smash!
(I picture them being good friends with the Inklings, and Kirby as well.)

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
What can I say except:

Also, Ninjala and Splatoon really aren't that much alike. If I were to draw comparisons, it'd be Smash-like battle royale gameplay with Splatoon's aesthetic, Fortnite's business strategy and TF2-like animations that help you get acquainted to the main characters, except it's in a 3D space instead of 2D. None of them are necessarily bad (I'd even say most are good), but they all combine to make something different. Not fully unique, but different.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What can I say except:

Also, Ninjala and Splatoon really aren't that much alike. If I were to draw comparisons, it'd be Smash-like battle royale gameplay with Splatoon's aesthetic, Fortnite's business strategy and TF2-like animations that help you get acquainted to the main characters, except it's in a 3D space instead of 2D. None of them are necessarily bad (I'd even say most are good), but they all combine to make something different. Not fully unique, but different.
Meanwhile, TV Tropes compares it to Dissidia Final Fantasy and the recent Naruto game. Which seems fitting enough.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Sign my bubblegum tuchis up, my guys! Wait, who the hell even says "tuchis" anymore...?

After playing a little bit of Ninjala, I feel like this is a game that damn well needs a spot in Smash! And after seeing Min Min's moveset, having the characters use a gum-swapping mechanic would do wonders. I've started making a moveset for Berecca a while back, but thanks to this thread, I've a sudden urge to finish it!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
This thread’s been dead for a while, so here’s a question for it: Would you rather have WNA Academy or Eagle City as a theoretical Ninjala stage?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This thread’s been dead for a while, so here’s a question for it: Would you rather have WNA Academy or Eagle City as a theoretical Ninjala stage?
Eagle City, definitely. It's the location you first see in the Ninjala starting screen, it's been used since its reveal and it's been in a lot of the related media of Ninjala, too.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Eagle City, definitely. It's the location you first see in the Ninjala starting screen, it's been used since its reveal and it's been in a lot of the related media of Ninjala, too.
Yeah I think Eagle City is the obvious choice. The problem with WNA is that it feels like it's a basic stage for the sake of having a basic stage, sorta like the 1st tracks in more recent Mario Kart games or even Battlefield. If we were to get Eagle City as a stage, though, I'd be kinda worried that it'd be hated on for being a large stage like Palutena's Temple & 75m.

Edit: Also, now Lucy's Episode has released and we've got some information about season 2!

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
so according to a mod in another thread, it's not spamming if you wait at least 24 hours between posts, so... yeah... I could've posted about Lucy's episode when it came out... yeah...

Season 2 is coming up on the horizon, another episode of the Ninjala anime is on the horizon and the game's first collaboration is coming up! Information about all of this is in the latest Ninjala Developer Diary

The second of the new weapons: The Home Run Surfer was showcased. Its Gum Shoot is a ghost that goes through walls and drains S-Energy. Its Special Attack allows the user to ride their weapon wave of gum, damaging surrounding enemies. Its Gum Ninjitsu creates a poison cloud that IPPONs any opponent it KOs.

The next Episode of the Cartoon Anime will be focused on Jane and her backstory

And the first in-game collaboration of Ninjala will be with....

:ultsonic::ultsonic:Sonic the Hedgehog!:ultsonic::ultsonic:

...with more information coming soon.

Season 2 is gonna be an interesting one, as it's probably going to set a precedent for seasons to come later.

What are you guys' thoughts on what's to come?

yeah I plan to do this whenever important info releases just to try and get some discussions going

Last edited:
Top Bottom