• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THe NFL is starting!

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Jets are 3-0. Solid Defense all the way. Oh and the Vikes...nice one favre. I expect the Vikes to run away with the division after playing these upcoming division games.

D

Deleted member

DETROIT WON A GAME!!! I was afraid they'd eclipse the legendary 26 straight by the Buccaneers. Haha, first win since '07!

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
My superbowl picks are still the 49ers-Steelers.

Just because things are grim for Pittsburghh doesn't mean I'm jumping ship. They could still possibly get it together by December/ January but I don't know. The Bengals have been a suprise and the Ravens are too good. Even if Pittsburgh goes they've got Indy and New England to contend with. I'm still not baught on Denver but they could be better what the media is letting on. Pittsburgh's defense needs to wake up.

The 49ers have been awsome this season and have been playing way better than I expected. They beat Arizona in the desert, blanked the Rams, are 3-0 in their division and almost, almost defeated the Vikings at the Metrodome. They are 3-1 but that loss was the best possible way a team could lose against a great team down to the wire on the very last play. The Falcons this week will be a great challenge. Mike Singletary will have them ready.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Well, it's that time of year again for the playoff hunt in the NFL. Which teams do you think are going to make it and which ones will fail. Here are my picks

NFC: Saints, Vikings, Packers, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers.
AFC: Colts, Bengals, Chargers, Patriots, Dolphins, Steelers

Mike Singletary is an awsome head coach and I predict the 49ers will be the sleeper team. I've got them in the Superbowl vs. Pittsburgh.
There's still a chance! (More like 1% lol)

What are everyone else's picks?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I see Colts and Vikings in the Superbowl. Colts take it 23-21 :) But I dunno. Colts have been eliminated in the playoffs 2 years in a row by the Chargers and they never seem to play their best games against the Pats =/.
Manning for MVP!

Peeze

Smash Master
Colts Vikings sounds good, except Vikes win.
Most likely though i see eagles stopping the saints in the playoffs so maybe a chargers/eagles Superbowl.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Yeah, there are a lot of good teams right now. Packers on 5 game win streak, Chargers on 9 game win streak, Colts undefeated, Saints are too good, Vikings playing awsome, the Ravens are beginning to heat up, and then there is good Ol' New England who can never be count out.

The Playoffs this year are going to be very good. There will be awsome matchups in every round.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Cleveland has 3 games one....one being against the Steelers to KNOCK THEM OUT OF THEIR PLAYOFF CHANCES!
Thats enough to make me happy

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
you mean 9 game win streak for chargers.
Vikes are disappointing me lately.
Oh snap! I didn't realize that it was a 9 game win streak. Thanks for the correction. I got it changed.

Nooo! the 49ers have been knocked out of the playoff hunt. Ahh well, congrats to the Arizona Cardinals for winning the NFC West two years in a row. I was at that game in Detroit yesterday and overall it turned out to be an awsome game. The Lions actually went out fighting. That 100 yard Intereception return for the TD by Delmus was huge. He literally saved the game from going 24-0. The crowd got so energized after that play. I was so hoping that game would have gone into OT. I didn't think the Lions were going to come out of that 17-0 deficit.

Top Bottom