• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Sigh. Amazon says I wont get my game until the 16th. I'm praying that I'll get it sooner. Tomorrow would be nice...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm buying it tomorrow in store

I'm going to order it online at Walmart and picking it up tomorrow

They have an option to take one of the games off the shelf and save it in the back for you to pick up

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna go to a GameStop first thing tomorrow morning to get this game. I have it pre-ordered.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I cancelled my gamestop preorder and found another game store that actually has a midnight release. Should have the game within the next half hour! :)

D

Deleted member

I cancelled my gamestop preorder and found another game store that actually has a midnight release. Should have the game within the next half hour! :)
I was going to do the midnight release thing, but I decided not to. I'm way too tired as is to drive out anyway.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Works finally over and I've finally got the chance to really stick my head in this game!

First off, the game is much more fast paced than the older versions (especially coming straight from gen 4), the attack animation and damage calculation is done simultaneously, making battles much faster and have much less of a grindy feel to them. Jogging and running feel much faster than they did previously too.

Animations are brilliant! fluid and clear there has been alot of love put into the graphics, all but the most stubborn of sprite lovers will love this. Old pokemon have different cries than they did originally, so they don't sound so out of pace as they did before.

Also, grass lovers need not fear in this gen, as Chest-spin gets roll-out basally a soon as it levels up, giving it that much needed type coverage previously needed *cough*sniveyinblack2*cough*

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
omg this game is sooooo good

I didn't think I'd like it this much but holy crap this is the game I dreamed of when I was a youngin' playing on my game boy color haha

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Granted, I've taken the game somewhat slowly so far, but I'm really impressed so far. The new and the old seem to blend really well.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So how long until the spoilers/less threads stop existing?
I suppose now's as good a time as any, unless anybody's got a particularly compelling argument not to.

D

Deleted member

This game left a good first impression on me. I beat the first gym and I am basically taking this game pretty slow. But this game just beautifully put together the old with the new.

Bravo Game Freak. Bravo.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm not at the second gym yet.... been spending far too much time super training things I catch...

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I've been having a mixture of going fast and taking my time as a result of both eagerness and curiosity >_<;

So, what are everyone's starter choices? What about your teams in general?

I'm using Aegislash, Steelix, Roselia (can't find a shiny stone! :p), and Greninja. Charizard is my HM slave, and I'm training a new pokemon that I'm interested in but might not keep around~

and a couple more pokemon confirmed for fairy: (SPOILERS)
Snubbull, Ralts

D

Deleted member

My starters are Froakie and Bulbasaur. I have caught a Pikachu and a Fletching for my team. All of them are currently in their second stage of evolution. (well... except Pikachu of course)

Charizard is my HM slave
Whoa. I haven't heard of someone doing that!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't treat any of my Pokemon as HM slaves, as one of the rules that I always do in a Pokemon title is that a Pokemon can not learn more than "two" HM moves; this in return makes it still possible for the Pokemon to learn new level-up moves.

Anyway, on another subject, I'm surprised that Mewtwo is the only legendary to get mega evolutions. I would've like to see something like Mega Zapdos, or even Mega Rayquaza.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I chose Fennekin as my Kalos starter and I'm going to choose Bulbasaur as my Kanto starter, but I've already put Fennekin in a box and I'll do the same with Bulbasaur when I get it. I just didn't really care to use any of the starters, although I do like Greninja. So far, I've got Fletchling (which replaced Fennekin as a "starter" of sorts), Spewpa, and Azurill, but I have the rest of my team planned out, too.

john!

Smash Hero
delphox and lucario.

i have furfrou and absol, but their unevolvedness is hurting them in the late game

my last two are HM slaves: blastoise (surf/strength/waterfall/dig) and hawlucha (fly/rock smash/cut/encore)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

My team so far is Quilladin, Fletchinder, Floette, Wartortle, Honedge, and Bidoof as my HM slave. My last member will be a Tyrunt.

I'm 16 hours in and have yet to receive my 2nd gym badge... Needless to say I'm doing an extremely thorough play-through. Between fully EV training every team member, thoroughly exploring every new route and town, and filling my Pokedex I've been pretty busy but I'm really enjoying it (except for the fact that my team is currently steamrolling everything without anything that even resembles a challenge).

The amount of content this game has is mind boggling.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
already have the majority close to 60: Delphox, talonflame (59), gardevoir 59, phantump (46), pikachu (57) and poliwhirl (44) currently working on raising the lower two atm (i don't usually follow the no type overlap rule...) and i just dealt with team flare for the last time

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Current team:
Braixen
Wartortle
Floette
Amaura
Honedge (may box later)
Hawlucha (may box later)

Wondering what levels a few of my pokemon evolve at.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just had a pretty cool in game moment... Ran into a "swarm" of Serviper and Zangoose. I thought they were gonna pile my Pokemon as usual but to my surprise they started attacking each other.

Makes me wonder if there are any other rivalry swarms out there. Got a good laugh out of it regardless.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just had a pretty cool in game moment... Ran into a "swarm" of Serviper and Zangoose. I thought they were gonna pile my Pokemon as usual but to my surprise they started attacking each other.

Makes me wonder if there are any other rivalry swarms out there. Got a good laugh out of it regardless.
Zangoose and Seviper are eternal rivals, so this would be quite an amusing way to show some truth about their Pokedex entries.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently, Vivillon's patterns vary with the IRL location you define on your 3DS. I have evolved my Spewpa and I got a Marine Pattern Vivillon.

My starters are Froakie (got a female!) and Bulbasaur.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Congrats! Did you catch it?

Yep! Naughty nature and Damp though. Damp's fine, I can just swap abilities with the Ability Capsule later on, and I could run a mixed set of sorts with Naughty nature for giggles, but Modest/Swift Swim would have been the best case scenario.

But hey, my first shiny in XY, first Shiny in about 10 months, and I think my 12th Shiny overall. I'm feeling good.

D

Deleted member

Yep! Naughty nature and Damp though. Damp's fine, I can just swap abilities with the Ability Capsule later on, and I could run a mixed set of sorts with Naughty nature for giggles, but Modest/Swift Swim would have been the best case scenario.

But hey, my first shiny in XY, first Shiny in about 10 months, and I think my 12th Shiny overall. I'm feeling good.
There's an Ability Capsule? They finally created something like that in game? Let's say I have a Machop with Guts, I can change it to No Guard later? (DynamicPunch, yo)

Well congrats on the Shiny! I only caught two. One was a Clefairy I found while I was training a Metang in Black and White and another was a Spoink I found when I was training in my Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge. (which wasn't my first Pokemon the route, but caught anyway)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Apparently, Vivillon's patterns vary with the IRL location you define on your 3DS. I have evolved my Spewpa and I got a Marine Pattern Vivillon.
Ooh, Marine is a cool one. I got Modern, which I'm kind of disappointed about, but I think it'll grow on me. It's a cool concept; I'm curious to see how it works with breeding.

I'm glad that everyone gets the games at the same time -- or close to it -- but I've gotta say, it's disorienting to try playing the games and having there be not much confirmed information circulating yet.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There's an Ability Capsule? They finally created something like that in game? Let's say I have a Machop with Guts, I can change it to No Guard later? (DynamicPunch, yo)

Yes. It's the most expensive of the "Battle ____" items, at 200 BP, but it's a nice thing to have if you don't want to spend forever matching up natures and abilities and IVs, or if you've got a Shiny with a bad ability.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm kind of surprised that Chesnaught is part Fighting-type, because it looks more like it would be a Grass/Steel-type with that armor.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What happened to the good ol days of exploration and discovery?
For the most part I've been sticking to that, it's just weird that the few things I have tried to look up, I haven't found.

And, in fairness, I do more of that nowadays than I used to in the good ol days anyway. :p When I was younger I just bought the guidebook on day one and consulted that more than I needed to. I didn't really stop that until guidebooks became a waste of money due to A) the internet and B) Nintendo passing the torch to Prima, whose strategy guides are ridiculously unreliable.

Top Bottom