• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Mewter

Smash Master
Actually, both you and Gamefreak would be "stealing" from some other unnamed and unknown historical figure(s).
The scary haunting tree is a very common idea. :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ulti I've never done anything to tick you off and doubt I ever will.

Making a bunch of negative posts and downing people whenever they post on these forums is kinda pathetic. But you keep on doing it over and over and over again.

I'm just saying it's funny how many designs are coming to actual pokemon from the things I've had for like... 2 years now lol.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Ulti is just stating that statistically speaking, Game Freak coming around to using designs similar to yours is pretty much bound to happen so long as they would rather not become repetitive.

As such, you saying that they're 'stealing' from you, and saying as such repeatedly, does end up sounding pathetic. It's not a thing you necessarily need to say (you know, because no one really cares that much and no one is going to look at it as though they're stealing from you in the first place), and your lack of saying anything else in regards to them using designs similar to yours pretty much makes your post translate to "HEY GAME FREAK IS TOOOOTALLY TAKING MY DESIGNS, JUSSAYIN.'" It just sounds arrogant.

Anddd Ulti is tossing negative posts in your direction because of this. So if you actually care about what he's saying to you, you'll have to stop. Otherwise, continue and just ignore him. He's trolling you, and you're falling for it every time.

Now let's all hug and kiss and make out and play Pokemon and stuff.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm aware they wont be stealing anything from me in reality, its just funny how a good handful of the mons released are rather similar to designs I made. How else could I say that without somehow being arrogant or troll bait to you guys?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Personally I find it interesting seeing how many designs GF actually implements into Pokemon that were thought of by others before it happened. Even though it's obvious that they have to think about unique designs for things, the fact that others think of it before they do means that they are good at catering to what fans want. If it was at all possible I'd want to make a chart that compares the amount of people who thought of a design before with each individual design, so it would show how many people expected some designs and how many designs were just off the wall to fans.

Honestly I think they have this all figured out already- they create a bunch of really good designs and a bunch of random/off the wall designs (Grimer/Muk,Vanillite family, Trubbish/Garbodor etc) and then even them out through each generation so that each Gen has a few awesome Pokemon and a lot of filler Pokemon. And fans just keep coming back.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This tree has the possibility to be the first pokemon of this generation I like. I want to see the real design though

Edit: Apparently the tree looks like this now

Will people make up their minds???

TBH, this new version looks dorky. I don't like it

Edit Edit: Why can't people be consistent about how many eyes it has?

Edit Edit:

Another picture of maybe the same thing

This one has a different amount of eyes as well, but it's overall body shape seems to be the same

and what looks like a shiny red nose

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Why is this tree being talked about as if it's an actual pokemon? Do we have an official source or someone claiming to be saying anything about it? I feel like I missed something.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So one could assume that this tree-spider pokemon is grass and bug? But I suppose it could other type combos to it. Like grass/dark or grass/ghost, with grass/ghost being a new type combo. I wonder if it has any pre-evolutions or evolutions. Y'know, if it's a real thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So one could assume that this tree-spider pokemon is grass and bug? But I suppose it could other type combos to it. Like grass/dark or grass/ghost, with grass/ghost being a new type combo. I wonder if it has any pre-evolutions or evolutions. Y'know, if it's a real thing.
Serebii reported it, and I haven't seen too many false information from him

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I know that this is only rumored right now, but I thought I'd put it here for a topic of discussion. It's a list of 14 new Pokemon names, which are not attached to any currently known Pokemon. It seems to come from a previously reliable source, so they could be the real deal. Quickly jumping onto a PC since I can't paste the address here on my tablet for some reason.

EDIT: Here's that link. Sorry, the internet decided to die.

http://pokejungle.net/2013/07/17/speculation-14-new-xy-pokemon-revealed/

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Pokejungle said:
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.
If they are right about these three I might just have to go faint for a little while.

Literally love wolves and love lunar things, my team right now already has Noivern for sure, along with Fennekin evo and Xerneas, this might be the first Gen I have to not include some of my favorite Pokemon of said Gen in my team from the start. Lol.

Djent

Smash Champion
I am SO HAPPY that we're finally getting a squid pokemon. Seems like something they should've thought of a long time ago (at least before some other designs).

I always thought Sentient would be a hilarious name for a Grass/Psychic type tree monster. I'm actually pretty happy with the direction they seem to be taking it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I am SO HAPPY that we're finally getting a squid pokemon. Seems like something they should've thought of a long time ago (at least before some other designs).

I always thought Sentient would be a hilarious name for a Grass/Psychic type tree monster. I'm actually pretty happy with the direction they seem to be taking it.

Well we also have Tentacool and Tentacruel as well. But I do like that the new one has a more unique type combo. It should be interesting to use nonetheless.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They might be cuttlefish, they looks like squids/

I assure you, it IS some kind of cephalopod.

Jellyfish dont have beaks, for one

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Their Pokedex classification are both the Jellyfish Pokemon. Plus, the poisonous sting thing goes more in touch with them than squids.
Whoever designed them obviously didn't know that.

They have the arms and tentacles of squids, not to mention the "Head" shape and beaks

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Personally I think they are a squid/jellyfish hybrid. Pokemon classifications have never really followed a set pattern from what I can tell. Some Pokemon have the same classifications while others have ones only slightly related to the Pokemon itself. Not to mention, they are Pokemon, after all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oops. Ismar said Tenta line

Yeah, those are definitely jellyfish

I knew that.

I thought Ismar was talking about the new pokemon.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Dark type Pokémon are always really cool.
I hope the tree is grass/ghost. Spooky tree would definitely be a nice thing to have.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only dark type pokemon I've used was tyrannitar.

For some reason I don't really like them

mood4food77

Smash Hero
umbreon is like...everyone's favorite pokemon from 2nd gen

i thought EVERYONE used umbreon is GSC

mood4food77

Smash Hero
but but.....umbreon was the cool one

i mean look at him:

he's a mother****ing badass with his black fure, yellow rings, and red eyes

on a serious note, i really don't like the design of sylveon, it doesn't have that eeveelution look to it, it just seems out of place compared to the rest of the eeveelutions

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm tied between Leafeon and Glaceon myself.

Top Bottom