• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ahh, I see. I wasn't paying much attention between Gen 1-2 because I was pretty young back then, so I didn't catch any detailed changes they made to things. As far as moves being converted to Fairy, I agree that those moves you listed are pretty likely becoming Fairy. Nature Power, Comet Punch, and potentially Smellingsalt as a stretch are some others.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ya know, I haven't discussed this with anyone, and I'm sure it's already been a topic here BUT...

What do you guys think the typings for the new mascot legendaries will be?

Xerneas — Psychic/Normal, Psychic/Rock, or Psychic/Steel
Yveltal — Dark/Flying or Dark/Dragon

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ya know, I haven't discussed this with anyone, and I'm sure it's already been a topic here BUT...

What do you guys think the typings for the new mascot legendaries will be?

Xerneas — Psychic/Normal, Psychic/Rock, or Psychic/Steel
Yveltal — Dark/Flying or Dark/Dragon
I feel like they're going to work Fairy type into at least one of the mascot legends, because I predict they'll be doing everything possible to hype it up. They might even do both, but I dunno.

I'm going to go off of type combinations Sapphire Dragon suggested earlier in the thread, and say Fairy/Steel for Xerneas and Dark/Flying for Yveltal.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Fairy/Steel could easily work, but I do see the promo legendary (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Victini) being Fairy type, like no matter what.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
jirachi and victini will not be fairy type, they're already dual typed, they never change dual types

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
jirachi and victini will not be fairy type, they're already dual typed, they never change dual types
I think Spire meant the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/etc. of this generation will be Fairy. Which makes a lot of sense, actually, and I definitely agree with that. Fairy is a type very fitting for the sort of "cute" Pokemon they generally have in that role anyway.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I can see Celebi being changed to Grass/Fairy. They did change move types and there's always a first for everything.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
oh, that makes more sense

i still don't think gamefreak would change a pokemon's type, i think they'd only add a type to them

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
oh, that makes more sense

i still don't think gamefreak would change a pokemon's type, i think they'd only add a type to them
Wait, I think there's still some miscommunication here. If I'm interpreting Spire correctly, he's talking about a brand-new Pokemon being Fairy type. No type-changing, but putting it on a new Pokemon. And this Pokemon would be the same sort of deal as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Victini. You know, the sort of "cute" legendary of every generation that's obtained through event.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't know if Mew would be turned Fairy, but the rest I can see.

Mewter

Smash Master
So it looks like Yveltal is Dark/Flying Xerneas is pure fairy. Fairy/steel or fairy/rock Xerneas would've been really neat. Its legs even look like blades! Maybe we'll still get another Pokemon with that typing later on.

Pancham's evolution is beast. Psychic/Dark for the squid is an interesting combination, and it looks very nice especially in 3D, I think. Turnover sounds very fun to use in battles.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda surprised Xerneas is pure fairy, but oh well. It'll be interesting to see how large of an effect it's typing will have on the many Dragons in Ubers.

Pancham's evolution is awesome. May actually want to add it to my team now.

The Squids are kinda weird IMO. I like the Pre-Evolution's design more the the Evolution (why does the evolution use it's Pre-Evo's head as feet now?).

The Kiwi Bird reminds me of an enemy from Super Mario Bros. 2 for some reason. Looks okay, I want to see a Fairy/Flying evolution though.

Now we have a Cotton Candy Pokemon? So is this better or worse than the Vanillite line? :laugh:

Team Flair reminds me of the Elite Beat Agents with those Orange Shades. I will laugh my *** off if the leader has an Afro.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Condensed list of information from Serebii from the Coro Coro reveal:
  • Yveltal is Dark/Flying with the ability Dark Aura, which powers up Dark-type moves, and has a special move called Death Wing
  • Xerneas is pure Fairy with the ability Fairy Aura, which powers up Fairy-type moves, and has a special move called Geo Control
  • Pancham has an evolution called Koronda (Fighting/Dark), with the ability Iron Fist, the move Hammer Arm, and a new method of evolution
  • Squids called Maika and and Karamanero, Dark/Psychic types both
  • Maika has a Dark-type move called Turn Over, which reverses stat changes
  • Fairy-type cotton candy Pokemon called Peroppafu, has the ability Sweet Pale, which prevents allies from falling asleep, and has the move Drain Kiss; exclusive to X
  • Fairty-type pink bird called Shushup, has the ability Healer and the move Aromatherapy; exclusive to Y
  • Honedge has No Guard
  • Clauncher is exclusive to X
  • Skrelp is exclusive to Y
  • The professor in the game apparently battles you occasionally
  • The evil team is called Team Flair/Flare
I guess that wasn't as "condensed" as I was aiming for but whatever. There's also two new gym leaders, but you kind of have to see the pictures for that to be very notable.

I'm disappointed that Xerneas is pure Fairy, but then, I've liked Yveltal better from the beginning anyway so I'm not too upset.

Pancham's evolution is indeed pretty awesome. The duo have a very Teddiursa/Ursaring dynamic about them. Although I guess Teddiursa was more innocent and cute.

The squid evolution looks really weird to me, but I am intrigued by the typing. I dunno, it's possible it'll grow on me aesthetically too.

I don't really care for either of these new Fairy-types announced, though I'd have to see evolutions before I fully make that judgment. The bird I think has potential, the cotton candy one...not so much, IMO, heh. I like both Skrelp and Clauncher, though, so it's too bad they're exclusives to different versions.

I'm confused about the team; why is it spelled both ways? I guess they do look like they could have either name, but...they kind of have to pick one, don't they? They look less ridiculous than Galactic and Plasma both, though, so this might be a cool team.

Mewter

Smash Master
@Firus
And that's not to mention that they're only in it for money. Possibly for even more fresh clothing, since apparently tomato is in vogue, and Kalos is ripe for the picking!
It's a nice change from the wide scale criminality the previous groups have been aiming for.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Firus
And that's not to mention that they're only in it for money. Possibly for even more fresh clothing, since apparently tomato is in vogue, and Kalos is ripe for the picking!
It's a nice change from the wide scale criminality the previous groups have been aiming for.
Oh wow, I somehow missed that tidbit about them only being in it for money. Yeah, that's really nice, actually. Plasma's whole thing made for an interesting idea, but the whole world domination bit is getting kind of stale.

I definitely see a potential for this to be our most fabulous evil team yet. :p

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
If Miror B. doesn't make a cameo in this... (kidding!)

Anyway, super sad about the bird being exclusive to Y. I liked Xerneas from the start but I guess there's always Serebii trades for version exclusives easy.

Way too surprised Xerneas is pure Fairy, lol. Steel would've been a great type for it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
is dark/psychic even a good type? it's immune to psychic and is 4x weak to bug, but other than that...i think it takes neutral damage from everything

although it's stab is pretty good neutrally as it just needs a fighting move to compensate (which it probably will get i think focus blast is a staple on psychic types)

it's just defensively, that typing looks like it will hold it back

IceArrow

Smash Lord
It can also always use HP Fighting if it doesn't get Focus Blast. I just hope it gets a move that gives it negative stat changes.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Aside from Shushup, I'm loving all of these new Pokémon. The Dark/Psychic Squid is brilliant; kind of like Medusa. Yveltal's typing was a no-brainer, but Xerneas pure Fairy? We'll see how that pans out. Seems Xerneas could have been a bold Fairy/Steel, however, maybe this decision will dictate that "fairy" does not mean cute and pink, but rather magical.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
It can also always use HP Fighting if it doesn't get Focus Blast. I just hope it gets a move that gives it negative stat changes.

i mean, looking at who learns focus blast and pretty much every psychic type learns it so i think it can be safe to assume that this guy will learn it as well

and relying on Hidden Power is terrible

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pancham's evolution is BADASS. I've just found my new favorite Gen 6 Pokemon. :)

Xerneas is gonna flip the Ubers metagame on its head. Might end up becoming THE premier dragon counter. No more spamming Outrages.

Game Freak is really thinking out of the box with these new type combinations... Dark/Psychic? I love it!

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ya Xerneas will be amazing in Ubers and Yveltal could take care of the Psychics but a weakness to Ice Beam and Thunderbolt will be annoying.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
We still don't know stats.

Don't call something amazing till we know. For all we know it could have a terrible spread.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is still no gen 6 pokemon I really like yet

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Zekrom
Kyurem-Black
Crystal (kinda cheating but whatever)

1/5 cover legends suck

The odds are easily for both of them to be good, but it's quite possibly one of them could suck.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Those 2 sucked because of thier typing, we already know that the Fairy one has a typing that's super effective against the most common type in Ubers.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
But most importantly it nullifies dragon moves all together. If someone sees a Xernias in team preview they pretty much cant use a move like outrage at all or else they will just be set up on.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But most importantly it nullifies dragon moves all together. If someone sees a Xernias in team preview they pretty much cant use a move like outrage at all or else they will just be set up on.
Have we had the immunity confirmed yet? I mean, I'm fairly inclined to believe that part of that rumor since (I think?) nothing about it has been proved wrong so far, but I still think we should avoid assuming that it is true until we know for sure.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Is it just me or does Swirlix seem kind of ghostly? I know it's been confirmed as pure Fairy but it makes me think about the possibility of a pokemon being Fairy/Ghost. Would be an interesting combination.

I weirdly like Spritzee. If I end up getting the game and he evolves into a Fairy/Flying pokemon I might get him instead of or in addition to Talonflame, one of my favorite pokemon revealed so far.

I love Inkay and Malamar, the typing is strange (it's weird to me for aquatic creatures to get a non-Water typing) but it's also a combination that people have been wanting for a while and Malamar's design is fascinating.

Pangoro... I'm actually not that crazy about. It's just a very awkward design to me and I don't quite get what's going on with his back fur. Is that a cape? I might get over my initial reaction though, I was a fan of Pancham from the moment I saw him.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, I didn't notice that weird cape thing until you pointed it out. I don't get what they're going for there...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Joe they've stolen nothing from you and they never will.

Making a bunch of designs based off things GF hasn't made yet and calling it stealing when they get to basing something off that design is kinda pathetic. But you keep on doing it over and over and over and over again.

Top Bottom