• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next Episode Won by Fly Amanita, Westballz Takes Second

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Congratulations to Fly Amanita who won The Next Episode in dominant fashion, including a 3-0 Grand Finals win over Westballz in front of over 15,000 viewers on Twitch. Fly did not drop a set and gave credit to overcoming his nerves in his first Regional level win. Over 100 players entered The Next Episode in Oakland, California this weekend. After a day of pools those players were whittled down to a 64 player double elimination bracket. The winner would stake a claim as the best player on the west coast with the tournament featured multiple top 10 ranked players on the Smashboards rankings, including @WestBallz, @s2j, @Shroomed, @Fly_Amanita, and @ssbbFICTION - making things even more interesting was the east coast powerhouse of @Hax.

The tournament was streamed by VGbootcamp and Twitch was kind enough to fly GIMR out to the tournament. Many videos from the event are already uploaded to the VGBootcamp Youtube page.

The Next Episode Finals

The Next Episode 1v1 Results

1. Fly Amanita - Ice Climbers (no sets dropped in bracket)
2. OXY | Westballz - Falco, Fox, Falcon
3. MIOM | SFAT - Fox
4. Shroomed - Sheik, Marth
5. MIOM | PewPewU
5. S2J- Falcon
7. Lucky - Fox
7. VGBC | Hax - Fox, Falcon
9. Connor - Peach, Fox
9. EMG | Kirbykaze - Sheik, Fox
9. Fiction - Fox
9. MacD - Peach
13. Bizzarro Flame
13. DEHF - Falco
13. Hugs - Samus
13. Lord - Falcon
17. Alan - Peach
17. Darrell - Samus
17. Gar - Sheik
17. GERM - Link
17. HMW - Falco
17. Ky - Marth
17. Phil - Fox
17. Silentspectre - Falcon
25. Azusa - Peach
25. Delphiki - Ice Climbers
25. Hydrokirby
25. Juggleguy - Falcon
25. Laudandus - Sheik
25. Mooninite - Kirby
25. PyschMD
25. TAI - Marth

The Next Episode 2v2 Results
1. CT | MacD + Lucky
2. MIOM| SFAT + VGBC| Hax
3. Shroomed + SilentSpectre
4. EMG.KirbyKaze + MIOM| PewPewU
5. Alan + Brandon
5. s2j + OXY_Westballz
7. Darrell + Fiction
7. DEHF + HugS
9. Azusa + Ky
9. Germ + Phil
9. Lord + Toph
9. MIOM| Tafokints + Tai

The full The Next Episode 2v2 bracket can be seen here.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
There needs to be spoilers for this. I can see people getting pretty pissed being spoiled about the results for the tournament if they haven't watched it yet.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
There needs to be spoilers for this. I can see people getting pretty pissed being spoiled about the results for the tournament if they haven't watched it yet.
By that I assume you mean simply change the title to The Next Episode Results on the main page. I'd agree with that.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Also, I find it kind of weird that SmashBoards doesn't write the actual author's name. It is a kind of short article but they should still give credit when credit is due.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
No Dr. Mario? Have we lost Shroomed to the generic high tiers?

SHROOMED COME BACK :c
If it makes you feel better... his doc playstyle bleeds into his sheik and marth and you can definitely see some doc influence in the way he plays. When he played I didn't feel like I was watching a generic sheik or a generic marth. I felt like I was watching shroomed play doc's aggressive style with other characters.

Last edited:

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Watching Crimson Blur fighting Moonite's Kirby was pretty sad. Though it was pretty cool to see Kirby on the stream and not entirely ment for sandbagging. Also, Fly Amanita's perm was amazing. I also got to watch Silentspectre play on a live stream for the first time.

DRGN

Technowizard
Are the full results (or bracket) listed anywhere?

Or other stats such as how many entered exactly?

Top Bottom