• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The newcomers for those who didn't buy Smash 4 DLC...

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure there are a few people out there who didn't get the DLC for smash 4, so in their perspective, smash ultimate is going to have A LOT of new characters to play around with:

That's:
8 newcomers (so far)
4 clone characters (so far)
8 returning characters not in the previous game (base smash4)
= 20 "new" characters so far

To compare to base smash 4:
13 newcomers
2 clones
1 returning character not in the previous game (brawl and Dr. Mario)
= 15 "new" characters total

...This game really is Ultimate.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I couldn’t buy the DLC for 4 (except for Mewtwo), but I do own Brawl and Melee, so for me Ryu, Cloud, Corrin and Bayo are newcomers.

slambros

Smash Ace
I stubbornly chose not to buy Bayonetta way back when. I was ticked off about the character's vulgarity. So it'll be nice to be in the situation of Ultimate where I won't have to boycott that purchase again.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
21 "New" characters as of now. You forgot to include Young Link.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Personally I wanted to buy the DLC but since I only had the physical version I couldn't buy the DLC on the Nintendo eShop. I managed to get them in other way though. I hope that Ultimate's DLC (if they exists) will be compatible with physical version of the game.

Top Bottom