• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Snake Matchup Discussion Index

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

THE NEW SNAKE MATCHUP INDEX :snake:

"Kept you waiting, huh?" - Solid Snake

MISSION BRIEFING:

Otacon said:
Snakes! I have a top priority assignment for you all. This will be one of your most difficult assignments yet and this is why I called upon all of you for this. The Matchup Discussion thread is in danger yet again. I need your collective effort to keep it from going under yet again. From now on I will be linking different coordinates weekly to different locations. It is up to you to share your intel with your other Snakes, so our database keeps relevant and updated information. Without your effort, we won't have the proper knowledge for dealing with our adversaries ahead of time and that will affect all of you. By sharing your intel, you help all of your fellow Snakes out.

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES

The Old Matchup Index

DISCUSSION 1: WARIO :warioc:

BBR MU CHART 2.0 SAYS: 0 - Even
SNAKE BOARDS SAYS: 0 - Even
COORDINATES: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321890

DISCUSSION 2: OLIMAR :olimar:

BBR MU CHART 2.0 SAYS: -1 - Slight Disadvantage
SNAKE BOARDS SAYS: In progress.
COORDINATES: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14455225#post14455225[/COLOR]

DISCUSSION 3: ICE CLIMBERS :popo:

BBR MU CHART 2.0 SAYS: +1 - Slight Advantage
SNAKE BOARDS SAYS: Coming Soon!
COORDINATES: Coming Soon!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, this is gonna be awesome even though nobody will ever agree with me :(

:059:

ZTD | TECHnology

I am taking suggestions for the second matchup discussion. Preferably something somewhat common in today's metagame.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Olimar is easy ... let's do ICs plz, that MU keeps getting harder =/

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Oli is hard. Ignoring numbers, the olimar mu plays out very differently to most mus; we are made to approach and take large amounts of damage from afar.

Probably worth discussion.

Ics... Maybe. Don't think too many of us have trouble with it; at least, Ally doesn't lol.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Olimar isn't "easy" as in "easy to defeat" but rather that it's simple to play [contrary to common believe]. But we'll talk that out for the 2482713917th time once the thread is made :bee:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I have trouble with the ICs mu personally. I never get to play it and when I run into one in bracket I have no idea what to do. o-o

JTsm

Smash Master
Yooooo I never knew Tech Chase cared about the Snake metagame... :O

ZTD | TECHnology

I've always cared. I still have a deep connection with the character and the community. I've never been able to completely get away from Snake lol.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Wondering what the snake's opinions are on the DK matchup. It's listed as +1 snake but I feel DK does much better against snake than yoshi, sonic or kirby.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Wondering what the snake's opinions are on the DK matchup. It's listed as +1 snake but I feel DK does much better against snake than yoshi, sonic or kirby.
I feel like 2012 is really going to be a progressive year for snake :)

0/ or +1 for Dk but I wanna say even. Neon you already know my opinion.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
definitely +1 snake.

grenades give him plenty of trouble, but his spacing tools and outrageous kill power keep him competitive.

Neon!

Smash Lord
What? It's easily +1 if not +2 for Snake 0_0

Oh boy, I love when snake's underestimate us.

Fighting DK is similar to fighting marth except DK can afford to trade hits with snake. DK also has ground pound which beats almost everything snake can do on the ground. He is easier to camp however and has more blindspots.

The only reason I say DK probably has an easier time against Snake than other characters like Yoshi or Sonic is because once you hit snake and get him in the air, it should be free damage. Recovering against DK is stupid.

I do not really see the times where DK might trade with Snake though?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh boy, I love when snake's underestimate us.
I'm not underrating DK - I just know he's bad. I have plenty of practice against the character.

Fighting DK is similar to fighting marth except DK can afford to trade hits with snake. DK also has ground pound which beats almost everything snake can do on the ground. He is easier to camp however and has more blindspots.
He also can't land, is much easier to tech chase, easier to juggle and just as easy to ledgetrap. Snake Nair also reliably beats whatever DK does in the air except bair and DK is too fat to SDI it easily. It also beats ground pound with ease. Ground pound works only against Snake's that don't know how to camp. On shield and on whiff it's punished easy with nair or even dair.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've always cared. I still have a deep connection with the character and the community. I've never been able to completely get away from Snake lol.
I don't even play brawl anymore and haven't really mained snake since july 2008 and I still come here for some reason

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
do any of you know the zero landing lag tech where if you take out a grenade in the air and buffer shield, you'll perfect shield a landmine upon landing?

this applies to DK's ground pound. you can shield the active hitbox on the ground. you can even SH take out a grenade and shield grab DK if you read the ground pound correctly.

Also, DK's backroll and get up attack are extremely fast, Gheb. :l you can't react to backroll, from what I've learned with Will and you NEED to be able to read that ****.

alas, before I go on any further, I'll wait until a DK:Snake thread is up.

Top Bottom