• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new short hop input mechanic is awesome

Mijah

Smash Rookie
As far as I know, this is the first smash game to feature a mechanic allowing players to press jump and the A button simultaneously to do a frame perfect short hop aerial. This has been amazing to put into practice for inkling. Connecting aerials from grabs at low percent has never been easier. I can now just dash directly at someone and rar out a rising bair... Thats nuts

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Keep in mind that short hop aerials deal slightly less damage in this game. But yeah, it is an welcomed feature, although I am trying to use the C stick for aerials... The biggest issue though is that short hopping naturally in this game is really not that easy.

shelf

Smash Rookie
Personally I really dislike that it cannot be turned off in controller settings, and I'd want to do so because it causes c-stick shorthop aerials to have air drift. My spacing gets really messed up when I can't do full drift back or no drift shff on shield.

Top Bottom