• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, I think it's safe to say that if an echo pass is a thing(Or anything similar), Kasumi is very likely a thing. That is what Kasumi's chances hinged on and now we have a clear shot to it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So, I think it's safe to say that if an echo pass is a thing(Or anything similar), Kasumi is very likely a thing. That is what Kasumi's chances hinged on and now we have a clear shot to it.
honestly i think we're looking at semi-clone at this point

weapons + bless abilities have seemed to stretch the echo definition for a while now, but since the new characters are all individual instead of tied to a pass, they can do whatever the **** they want

D

Deleted member

Sakurai's making it pretty clear that new series are going to be represented. I think the most we can look for now is a mii costume.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sakurai's making it pretty clear that new series are going to be represented. I think the most we can look for now is a mii costume.
I don't think that would be the case. I mean, the reason Kasumi speculation is even a thing is because of the Jane file, and there is no way something that would be modeled like Joker could translate to a Mii costume. And if there is DLC specifically dedicated to echo's, then that is plenty reason for them to be from already represented series. Plus, we already got a nice helping of Persona Mii costume, so I see little chance of anymore.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that would be the case. I mean, the reason Kasumi speculation is even a thing is because of the Jane file, and there is no way something that would be modeled like Joker could translate to a Mii costume. And if there is DLC specifically dedicated to echo's, then that is plenty reason for them to be from already represented series. Plus, we already got a nice helping of Persona Mii costume, so I see little chance of anymore.
I guess it comes down to how Sakurai acts on his "different worlds will collide" comments. For the best, I hope for the best on our parts.

amageish

Smash Master
I guess it comes down to how Sakurai acts on his "different worlds will collide" comments. For the best, I hope for the best on our parts.

I still think she's very possible as an echo fighter, even if she goes more into semi-clone realm then most echoes. It's a question of dev time for sure though, and how long ago the new DLC that was just announced was planned.

D

Deleted member

I still think she's very possible as an echo fighter, even if she goes more into semi-clone realm then most echoes. It's a question of dev time for sure though, and how long ago the new DLC that was just announced was planned.
Fair enough. All aboard the karavan

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
At this point I'm just waiting for the Kasumi announcement. I'm not all that invested in her, but she's been one of my favorite characters to speculate about due to her unique situation. Plus I'll probably be really glad she got added once P5R actually comes out and I get to know her character.

D

Deleted member

At this point I'm just waiting for the Kasumi announcement. I'm not all that invested in her, but she's been one of my favorite characters to speculate about due to her unique situation. Plus I'll probably be really glad she got added once P5R actually comes out and I get to know her character.
Best part about Kasumi being announced will be Panda popping off and spamming Kasumi images for the next month.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized, Kasumi would totally bring in P5R music with her inclusion. I wasn't so sure before because I didn't recall a time where more music was added in DLC beyond the music in a new stage, but now Sans has put it out in the open. Maybe we could even get a few more Persona tracks from other games, as they might want to keep some form of balance between the different Mementos color themes.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I just realized, Kasumi would totally bring in P5R music with her inclusion. I wasn't so sure before because I didn't recall a time where more music was added in DLC beyond the music in a new stage, but now Sans has put it out in the open. Maybe we could even get a few more Persona tracks from other games, as they might want to keep some form of balance between the different Mementos color themes.
If she brings life will change with her then sign me up.

amageish

Smash Master
If she brings life will change with her then sign me up.
I kind of get it missing as it is musically very similar to Wake Up Get Up Get Out There, but also it is still weird it was excluded...

My big hope if we got more music would be PQ/Q2 music...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A new Morgana video came out. No translation, but the stuff shown was interesting to see.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Seems Joker is getting showtimes

I guess my previous sentiment may come to fruition
Meant to ask this earlier, but where did you see Joker use a showtime or hint at a showtime? And what are you referring to when you say previous sentiment?

On another note, it just hit me that we still don't know the codename for Kasumi. I suspected we were in it for the long-haul ever since her lack of codename reveal was noticed, but this is kinda ridiculous.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm still on the "Kasumi's codename is 'Royal'" train. Not because it's likely but because it'd be absolutely hilarious.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Meant to ask this earlier, but where did you see Joker use a showtime or hint at a showtime? And what are you referring to when you say previous sentiment?
Morgana said so in the video. It was one of the fan questions

And I was referring to this:
In regards to Show Times. I find it interesting that we’ve seen 2 for every character but none include Joker, Kasumi, or Crow. So I’m left to assume that each of those will have one with each of the others. And that’s all of the Show Times in the game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Morgana said so in the video. It was one of the fan questions

And I was referring to this:
Good to know. I haven't watched a version of that video with subs yet. And that is a good point, so thanks for reminding me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm not saying kasumi's final smash would be the joker/kasumi or akechi/kasumi show time special move(s), but it would absolutely be the show time special move(s)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
i'm not saying kasumi's final smash would be the joker/kasumi or akechi/kasumi show time special move(s), but it would absolutely be the show time special move(s)
It will probably be Akechi's because of Joker's playable status(I now Robin's final smash being Chrom is still a thing, but that was made when Chrom was not playable) and the fact that Akechi does not appear in All Out Attack. Akechi possibly being Black Mask for such a move isn't even a problem anymore because Atlus has already spoiled the heck out of that twist themselves.

Also...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have been watching playthroughs of Catherine Full Body as of late and it just occurred to me that Kasumi might dress up as Rin for that one Catherine pack. You guys have any guesses what other costumes she will get from those character packs?

amageish

Smash Master
I have been watching playthroughs of Catherine Full Body as of late and it just occurred to me that Kasumi might dress up as Rin for that one Catherine pack. You guys have any guesses what other costumes she will get from those character packs?
I feel like they probably will just pick characters related to her role in the story, which is a bit too opaque to truly speculate on right now, but Rin provides a much more meta idea: What if her costumes were all inspired by ATLUS characters added in enhanced ports/remakes?

Catherine: Rin
Persona 4: Marie
Persona 3: Metis
Persona 2: Motoko Mitsugi (the girl Elizabeth dresses as in PQ2)
Persona: Eriko (definitely cheating, as she's only "added" in the English PSP remake, as Revealations Persona casually removed a route in its localization)
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Nanashi or Asahi (kind of cheating as SMTVA isn't an enhanced version but instead a proper sequel)
Devil Summoner: Uh... I'm running out of cheating answers...

Plus, we're promised new costumes as well! Add new Strange Journey costumes so Kasumi can dress as Alex, Etrian Odyssey costumes so Kasumi can dress as the Highlander, and Trauma Centre costumes so Kasumi can dress as Naomi.

Atlus, uh, really likes adding new waifus into their remakes haha.

Also, what are your thoughts on Full Body? I just finished Rin's true ending in my playthrough and wouldn't mind talking about it haha.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I feel like they probably will just pick characters related to her role in the story, which is a bit too opaque to truly speculate on right now, but Rin provides a much more meta idea: What if her costumes were all inspired by ATLUS characters added in enhanced ports/remakes?

Catherine: Rin
Persona 4: Marie
Persona 3: Metis
Persona 2: Motoko Mitsugi (the girl Elizabeth dresses as in PQ2)
Persona: Eriko (definitely cheating, as she's only "added" in the English PSP remake, as Revealations Persona casually removed a route in its localization)
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Nanashi or Asahi (kind of cheating as SMTVA isn't an enhanced version but instead a proper sequel)
Devil Summoner: Uh... I'm running out of cheating answers...

Plus, we're promised new costumes as well! Add new Strange Journey costumes so Kasumi can dress as Alex, Etrian Odyssey costumes so Kasumi can dress as the Highlander, and Trauma Centre costumes so Kasumi can dress as Naomi.

Atlus, uh, really likes adding new waifus into their remakes haha.

Also, what are your thoughts on Full Body? I just finished Rin's true ending in my playthrough and wouldn't mind talking about it haha.
That would be quite the meta treat. I could see them doing that.

As for Full Body...
I like the changes they made. Rin is also a very nice surprise for Atlus, as they tackled the relationship between him and Vincent very well. So well in fact that I feel he is probably the best option for Vincent. There is no lies, no risk of violence, no forcing of views, and Vincent just seems at his best with Rin. Even when he makes the horrible mistake of lashing out at Rin after the reveal, he immediately realizes his error and tries his best to make amends immediately. It's super sweet.

The alien thing is kinda weird though. Then again, Catherine in a pretty weird game in the first place, so maybe I should've expected something like that.

This all makes me a bit more confident that Atlus will add some form of gay option in P5R, likely with Akechi.

amageish

Smash Master
That would be quite the meta treat. I could see them doing that.
I don't know how likely it would be, but I would love it if it happens!

I like the changes they made. Rin is also a very nice surprise for Atlus, as they tackled the relationship between him and Vincent very well. So well in fact that I feel he is probably the best option for Vincent. There is no lies, no risk of violence, no forcing of views, and Vincent just seems at his best with Rin. Even when he makes the horrible mistake of lashing out at Rin after the reveal, he immediately realizes his error and tries his best to make amends immediately. It's super sweet.

The alien thing is kinda weird though. Then again, Catherine in a pretty weird game in the first place, so maybe I should've expected something like that.

This all makes me a bit more confident that Atlus will add some form of gay option in P5R, likely with Akechi.
Yeah, agreed. Rin and Vincent has basically everyone end up pretty happy - Erica/Toby have a new passion, Katherine and Vincent retain a friendship where they inspire each other to work harder, Jonny is happy, and even Catherine as accepting as one could expect a succubus to be about the whole thing. I am honestly unsure if I'll go for any more endings after it, as the other ones don't seem like they'll be remotely as satisfying.

The alien thing is definitely weird. I don't really know why it happened, but I'm not, like, annoyed by it. Just kind of confused, as Rin's family "just" being angels would have made more sense given the lore they had established thus far.

I do agree that it is pretty likely that they will add a gay option, especially after this. I wouldn't be too surprised if both Ryuji and Akechi had romantic routes honestly.

D

Deleted member

I am pretty happy to hear about those rumours regarding Full Body doing an awful representation of LGTB characters turning out to be fake!

I may now give the game a full chance around Christmas too alongside Astral Chain!

amageish

Smash Master
I am pretty happy to hear about those rumours regarding Full Body doing an awful representation of LGTB characters turning out to be fake!

I may now give the game a full chance around Christmas too alongside Astral Chain!
It's less "fake" and more "smoothed out during localization." It sounds like the Japanese version was kind of an odds with itself, having both the transphobic/homophobic remarks from the original game while also having very well-written dialogue about living openly in a homophobic society. The English version is much more tonally consistent.

It is definitely worth playing, though I'd consider waiting for a sale. It isn't a very long game unless you want to get all the endings.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
kasumi dances with an umbrella while atlus plays colors flying high

Kinda interesting that's her only appearance in this. Typically the characters being used in this trailer are the original 8 Phantom Thieves, but Akechi is notably with them when they get to the winter bit, helping smash the buildings and laying in the gem snow with Joker(Though he has a rather blank expression). I guess that means she is a very late party member, like we expected.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
"Why act against the wishes of your fellow man? Consider... is that truly just?"
Fair enough. I still kinda doubt they would bring it back(Perhaps it's just a coincidental similarity), but maybe that's just because I find it a very weird thing to bring back from P4, especially when it comes to it possibly having such an important role. And it's not like we have seen any deep fog, right?

osby

Smash Obsessed
PQ2: *had weird eyes in its opening*
Also PQ2: *100% Ame-no-sagiri free*

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, do you guys have any predictions of what the Joker/Akechi/Kasumi showtimes will be like if they do all have attacks with each other? My thoughts are that Joker/Akechi will play up their nature as foils, Joker/Kasumi will be rather dexterity based, and Akechi/Kasumi will be rather brutal and involve some serious swordplay.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I think the codename Jane will be a character, and most likely (hopefully) Kaisumi, I imagine she would have different properties and most likely announced after the fighters pass (maybe around P5R’s international release date)

I totally support her. ✨

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I just found a tweet aboat something I didn't even really think twice about. I wonder if this topic will be addressed in P5R considering Wakaba is "back".

Edit:
Just found out that some Person 5 Royal X Star Ocean: Anamnesis has some more Kasumi art, so that's nice. Kinda strange how a P5R collaboration would include the P3 and P4 protags, but it's nice to see them represented.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Just found out that some Person 5 Royal X Star Ocean: Anamnesis has some more Kasumi art, so that's nice. Kinda strange how a P5R collaboration would include the P3 and P4 protags, but it's nice to see them represented.
Lots of cool artwork there!

I'm not too surprised about the 3/4 protags. They regularly do collabs under the logo of the most recent game for promotional reasons, while containing characters from throughout. Heck, the P5 Puzzles and Dragons collab included Jack Frost and Pixie, who aren't even Persona-exclusive.

Top Bottom