• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if it's simply just English versions of the character focus trailers we got, yeah.

Or, at least I think you are trying to say something about Asuka in Smash. You don't really bring her up, but it almost seems like you are trying to say that Yumi wouldn't be who they choose for Smash rather than some general talk about how they select first characters.
Yeah, it's an observation of mine. Besides having some of the "safest" clothing to use among the shinobi (which can help), I've noticed that Sakurai is willing to skip over fan favorites within specific series right off the bat, with the clearest case being :ultsimon:, as he explicitly mentioned that he acknowledged that fans would prefer a Belmont and he cancelled his initial plans for Alucard (which, I imagine, were only considered extremely briefly).

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised if it's simply just English versions of the character focus trailers we got, yeah.
All at the same time? I almost expect them to do the same burn they did before.
Yeah, it's an observation of mine. Besides having some of the "safest" clothing to use among the shinobi (which can help), I've noticed that Sakurai is willing to skip over fan favorites within specific series right off the bat, with the clearest case being :ultsimon:, as he explicitly mentioned that he acknowledged that fans would prefer a Belmont and he cancelled his initial plans for Alucard (which, I imagine, were only considered extremely briefly).
That makes sense. Alucard is certainly a fan favorite protag, but he is not the quintessential protag of Castlevania. I imagine Seran Kagura would be quite a hard sell as it is, so choosing the character who is one of the more well dressed make sense as well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
what if Nintendo VS announces a surprise trailer drop on the 17th a la the Robin/Lucina trailer five years ago, and that's when Kasumi (or rather, whatever her PT codename is) will be revealed as standalone DLC to people who can't catch that art event?

It wouldn't even break character order either if she's an echo of Joker

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
what if Nintendo VS announces a surprise trailer drop on the 17th a la the Robin/Lucina trailer five years ago, and that's when Kasumi (or rather, whatever her PT codename is) will be revealed as standalone DLC to people who can't catch that art event?

It wouldn't even break character order either if she's an echo of Joker
I don't know, Nintendo doesn't typically tie themselves to events like that most of the time. They do reveals at big name gaming events like E3 and the Game Awards, but otherwise everything is on their own term. Having a Smash reveal coincide with an event managed by a third party feels off, especially when it has been made clear that the reveal will be made by Atlus.

amageish

Smash Master
I am typing this with one hand on my phone in line at a con, so apologies for any formatting errors. Also, I would estimate about 1/4th of the cosplays here are Ruby and Joker.

I didn't mean it in a canon wounding way(I doubt it would matter), but more of a fandom way. Both characters have been shipped with so many people from their own franchises(Crack or otherwise) that having them become a crossover couple would be hilariously trolly in a way.
Yeah, that is very true in a chaotic way haha. It’d be deliciously evil.

Unless one of the endings have them forming an ice brigade for some reason, that is what I would assume. And yeah, it is rather strange that no story stuff was highlighted in the trailer. Very little outside of the new characters was highlighted, in fact. People have spotted a new mechanic that is apparently very similar to something in Infinite(It's a partner switch where your partner comes in with a attack immediately), but that was not noted at all. Seems like they are hiding a bunch of the new stuff.
That would be a very very weird ending and the reuse of sprites would be sad. They hiding stuff would make sense and allow them to announce things besides characters in trailers! Could be helpful if they are adding some more niche characters.

I didn't mean it in a canon wounding way(I doubt it would matter), but more of a fandom way. Both characters have been shipped with so many people from their own franchises(Crack or otherwise) that having them become a crossover couple would be hilariously trolly in a way.

Unless one of the endings have them forming an ice brigade for some reason, that is what I would assume. And yeah, it is rather strange that no story stuff was highlighted in the trailer. Very little outside of the new characters was highlighted, in fact. People have spotted a new mechanic that is apparently very similar to something in Infinite(It's a partner switch where your partner comes in with a attack immediately), but that was not noted at all. Seems like they are hiding a bunch of the new stuff.

I think it's worth noting, and I guess this is kinda spoilers for Akatsuki Blitzkampf...
Akatsuki's personal goals were contrary to what Imperial Japan wanted(It seems Imperial Japan and the Nazi's were still allies in this world. Curse this story being hard to find), so he was sent on a mission through the arctic by his boss(Murakumo) that was meant to kill him. That failed of course, as he pulled a Captain America and came back decades later, searching for answers. The fact that he is also a military experiment furthers the whole Captain America comparison. Obviously that would likely mean no Reich for him, though I figure you weren't thinking that anyway. Adler, fritz and Murakumo on the other hand? Yeah, they fit it
Ahhh, thank you for the context. I also have found next to nothing about the story, so that is very good digging on your part! I like the comparison - maybe give him the Fool like most protags?

There were Zombies in P2. The idea was that any rumor spread became true, so rumours of zombies lead to zombies. They just put them all in their own Arcana.

I mean, maybe they haven't been in 3D with their classic designs.
True! Smash is amazing at having people look like they walked right out of their sprites.

Also, NEO WILL GRUNT! YAY!

As for the main discussion, I could see them releasing English trailers at the event for sure. I highly doubt anything Smash would be announced at an event Nintendo doesn’t have direct involvement in.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am typing this with one hand on my phone in line at a con, so apologies for any formatting errors. Also, I would estimate about 1/4th of the cosplays here are Ruby and Joker.
Wait, what kind of con has 1/4 of the cosplayers dressing up as Ruby and Joker specifically.
Yeah, that is very true in a chaotic way haha. It’d be deliciously evil.
That pairing may be as pure as Neutral Good, but Chaotic Evil does sum up it's creation pretty well.
That would be a very very weird ending and the reuse of sprites would be sad. They hiding stuff would make sense and allow them to announce things besides characters in trailers! Could be helpful if they are adding some more niche characters.
With some recent news, it's almost definitely for the slow burn.
They have plenty of opportunities to show stuff off.
Ahhh, thank you for the context. I also have found next to nothing about the story, so that is very good digging on your part! I like the comparison - maybe give him the Fool like most protags?
I don't imagine he would be the fool since we already have Yu for that. Really, it may depend how he would translate to being a high school student.
Also, NEO WILL GRUNT! YAY!
And the English grunting will be done by Casey Lee Williams, the female singer behind a lot of RWBY's soundtrack.
Ironic that the singer will be voicing a mute.

Also, one of my favorite fighting game Youtubers, Maximilian Dood, reacted to the trailer. I hope what he saw will convince him to give the game another spin when 2.0 is released. He may have gotten rather confused, but there was a distinct amount of joy in his reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFVFMv7zpI&t=0s
As for the main discussion, I could see them releasing English trailers at the event for sure. I highly doubt anything Smash would be announced at an event Nintendo doesn’t have direct involvement in.
Those are my thoughts as well. I wish that wasn't the case, but it seems likely.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Wait, what kind of con has 1/4 of the cosplayers dressing up as Ruby and Joker specifically.
It’s just a boring old regular anime convention. Ruby and Joker are just the most popular cosplay choices by a ridiculous margin.

With some recent news, it's almost definitely for the slow burn.
They have plenty of opportunities to show stuff off.
Ahhhhh, that’s fair. I would be down for weekly updates with some basic news in each one - maybe one character and one mechanical change each time?

I don't imagine he would be the fool since we already have Yu for that. Really, it may depend how he would translate to being a high school student.
Fair. I suppose it also depends on if we’re stocking a new Persona game with all of the crossovers characters as social links, or if it’s a new type of experience. As I was thinking you could make Yu, Ruby, Hyde, Heart, etc. all the fool as they are protagonists - just find some Q-esque reason to restrict the power of the wildcard. You could instead keep Yu as the protagonist and slot everyone else in as new social links.

And the English grunting will be done by Casey Lee Williams, the female singer behind a lot of RWBY's soundtrack.
Ironic that the singer will be voicing a mute.
That is pretty ironic, but hasn’t it been requested before? I feel like she was fan pick already, so that works. If RWBY ever gets adapted into its most logical presentation style of Broadway musical, I hereby demand Neo doesn’t speak but will still sing for no adequately explained reason.

Those are my thoughts as well. I wish that wasn't the case, but it seems likely.
Yeah... If I had one piece of feedback to give to ATLUS’ COO, it would be to stop pretending that global communication isn’t a thing. We all know what is going on in Japan...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It’s just a boring old regular anime convention. Ruby and Joker are just the most popular cosplay choices by a ridiculous margin.
Neat. I knew that RWBY cosplays are rather popular(They made the designs with cosplayers in mind, as they added pockets and most of the clothing are comparably easy to find), and it makes sense that Jokers flair would bring a lot of attention.
Ahhhhh, that’s fair. I would be down for weekly updates with some basic news in each one - maybe one character and one mechanical change each time?
It's not weekly, it's every third Friday of the month. Still good time frame for info updates.
Fair. I suppose it also depends on if we’re stocking a new Persona game with all of the crossovers characters as social links, or if it’s a new type of experience. As I was thinking you could make Yu, Ruby, Hyde, Heart, etc. all the fool as they are protagonists - just find some Q-esque reason to restrict the power of the wildcard. You could instead keep Yu as the protagonist and slot everyone else in as new social links.
You know something that has me curious when it comes to the new world made in the P4 ending? It's Spring again. The fact that the only P4 characters we see in the ending are the party members we meet on the first day also makes me suspicious as to when they ended up. You see what I am getting at? If what I am thinking is true, that would make a very interesting plot.
They could go for either gameplay. It depends if they wanted to make it feel more mainline or like Q.
That is pretty ironic, but hasn’t it been requested before? I feel like she was fan pick already, so that works. If RWBY ever gets adapted into its most logical presentation style of Broadway musical, I hereby demand Neo doesn’t speak but will still sing for no adequately explained reason.
Oh yeah, it's been a request for a while. The fact that it's happening for BBTAG probably means they will do the same in RWBY as well. And let us not lie to ourselves, a ton of RWBY songs would fit in a musical.
Maybe Neo isn't actually mute, but rather can only sing anything she says, so she doesn't say anything due to how annoying that can get.
Yeah... If I had one piece of feedback to give to ATLUS’ COO, it would be to stop pretending that global communication isn’t a thing. We all know what is going on in Japan...
I get releasing English versions of Japanese trailers(Seems like something you need to do eventually), but it's the fact that they treat it like more of a big deal than it actually is that annoys me.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Neat. I knew that RWBY cosplays are rather popular(They made the designs with cosplayers in mind, as they added pockets and most of the clothing are comparably easy to find), and it makes sense that Jokers flair would bring a lot of attention.

It's not weekly, it's every third Friday of the month. Still good time frame for info updates.

You know something that has me curious when it comes to the new world made in the P4 ending? It's Spring again. The fact that the only P4 characters we see in the ending are the party members we meet on the first day also makes me suspicious as to when they ended up. You see what I am getting at? If what I am thinking is true, that would make a very interesting plot.
They could go for either gameplay. It depends if they wanted to make it feel more mainline or like Q.

Oh yeah, it's been a request for a while. The fact that it's happening for BBTAG probably means they will do the same in RWBY as well. And let us not lie to ourselves, a ton of RWBY songs would fit in a musical.
Maybe Neo isn't actually mute, but rather can only sing anything she says, so she doesn't say anything due to how annoying that can get.

I get releasing English versions of Japanese trailers(Seems like something you need to do eventually), but it's the fact that they treat it like more of a deal than it is that annoys me.
We have a general trailer with English VOs too, just with the Japanese text

amageish

Smash Master
Oh, yeah, it’s very logical all things considered. Joker has a bunch of different outfits that are all somewhat iconic too - I’ve seen his school uniform, his phantom thief, his dancing attire, and his crossdressing attire with verging degrees of regularity.

Right... I keep forgetting we have to wait until November. I guess that gives us 2 characters per stream then?

Oooo. Yeah, I’m picking up what you’re putting down. That’d make a great opportunity to add the most requested P4A character too then, if they continued the story in BBTAG. That said, I am now just wanting a Persona crossover JRPG haha. Can ATLUS make Project X Zone 3 and completely redefine the mechanics? And also have RWBY in it?

I’m glad we’re getting it in the fanservice game at least! I would hope it will happen in the show at some point too then. I wonder if they’ve discussed what kind of voice she will have if she ever were to speak.

That is the best headcanon ever. Totally worth it. And, yeah, I was obviously joking, but I would definitely drop everything I’m doing to travel to see a RWBY musical if one were to be put on. It actually could work well, if they have the budget.

I also did reply to the Drood video. the comment is just not displaying. He seems much more excited for it then I would have expected him to given his usual tastes. But let’s be real: the magic carpet would be a great Tekken character.

I get releasing English versions of Japanese trailers(Seems like something you need to do eventually), but it's the fact that they treat it like more of a big deal than it actually is that annoys me.
Agreed. Just acknowledge if you are giving new news or old news; don’t claim that debuting something in English makes it inherently new information.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Right... I keep forgetting we have to wait until November. I guess that gives us 2 characters per stream then?
There should be 3 of then before the release of 2.0, so they have a variety of way to reveal the 5 characters. Wish it was a more even number, as that would make predicting easier. I imagine the first one will showcase the fighters we know, but a reveal is still possible.
Oooo. Yeah, I’m picking up what you’re putting down. That’d make a great opportunity to add the most requested P4A character too then, if they continued the story in BBTAG. That said, I am now just wanting a Persona crossover JRPG haha. Can ATLUS make Project X Zone 3 and completely redefine the mechanics? And also have RWBY in it?
Yeah, this would be a perfect excuse to add in a fan favorite before he became less antagonistic(Unless he somehow remembers as well). I don't think Project X Zone would be the best way to approach this, though team RWBY being in it would be sweet.
I’m glad we’re getting it in the fanservice game at least! I would hope it will happen in the show at some point too then. I wonder if they’ve discussed what kind of voice she will have if she ever were to speak.
Having Neo legitimately talk could potentially ve rather polarizing depending on the context, but I am sure they have talked about it. I just wonder why she would act like a mute.
I also did reply to the Drood video. the comment is just not displaying. He seems much more excited for it then I would have expected him to given his usual tastes. But let’s be real: the magic carpet would be a great Tekken character.
That is why I am hoping he will check 2.0. He seems legitimately curious. Hopefully the upcoming character and mechanic reveals can hook him even more.
Btw, Xander Mobus is a confirmed Black Eagle. Joe's reaction is quite hilarious.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I love Kasumi's design and wouldn't mind seeing her make into Smash as Joker's echo fighter. Sign me up, chief.

amageish

Smash Master
There should be 3 of then before the release of 2.0, so they have a variety of way to reveal the 5 characters. Wish it was a more even number, as that would make predicting easier. I imagine the first one will showcase the fighters we know, but a reveal is still possible.
True. Any reveal this time around would feel a bit “Cool! Why didn’t you tell us two weeks ago?” - especially if it was a character like Asuka. So, maybe 2 in September and 3 in October, to build up hype slower? Split the BB characters into one each... It could work! Though I know there is some other ArcSys event people are speculating about news at in November too.

Having Neo legitimately talk could potentially ve rather polarizing depending on the context, but I am sure they have talked about it. I just wonder why she would act like a mute.
Yeah, I know a lot of people would want it to be in flashback, which would definitely make more sense. I don’t think they should go full Mrs Hernandez on her (points if you get that reference, but if you don’t: she was a mute character on a show who suddenly gained the ability to talk, only justified by the protagonist apparently having never cared to listen beforehand). They’d have to have some reason for her to vocalize things for sure.

I do wonder if she’s already had her consistent VA for the occasional gasp and chuckle...

That is why I am hoping he will check 2.0. He seems legitimately curious. Hopefully the upcoming character and mechanic reveals can hook him even more.
He definitely does seem intrigued. BBTAG is a good game that I imagine non-anime-Fighter fans could appreciate due to its blend complexity and accessibility. Drood definitely does have a lot of fighters vying for his attention though... We’ll see.

Btw, Xander Mobus is a confirmed Black Eagle. Joe's reaction is quite hilarious.
Lol. I mean, fair about the betrayal. I guess Edelgard just had the stats to recruit Xander to change sides...

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Edit made in spoiler tab.
He definitely does seem intrigued. BBTAG is a good game that I imagine non-anime-Fighter fans could appreciate due to its blend complexity and accessibility. Drood definitely does have a lot of fighters vying for his attention though... We’ll see.
He has a lot on his plate for sure. Also, why do you spell his name as Drood? Wouldn't it just be Dood?

Edit:
I will say, although I didn't immediately comments about it, I really like the idea of making shadow versions of characters outside of Persona. Would add in some great story opportunities.

I am also wondering about another thing. While it's likely they will add on to the stories we already got, could they perhaps make new story threads focusing on the new franchises that were added? I feel like it may be a bit difficult for those new franchises to get their footing as a focus of the story, as they have so few characters.
Lol. I mean, fair about the betrayal. I guess Edelgard just had the stats to recruit Xander to change sides...
It's fine, Golden Deer could probably get Yu to join them. Maybe Minato could join the Blue Lions while they are at it.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Convention over. There were a surprising amount of Kasumi cosplayers given how the game is not, you know, out yet. Though the thing that probably surprised me the most was the amount of Persona 2 merch - there wasn't much, but Persona was common enough that P2 did get a handful of things, in spite of its nicheness.

Here's something I tried to write earlier that was not displayed - it is present when I try to edit the post, but no matter what I do I cannot it to actually display when you read the post... Mobile Smashboards is not my thing.

About the P4 villain: I feel like he’d be interesting to see while he’s still putting up the facade, at least in dialogue and story. It would be a huge spoiler though...
About the crossover: I more was just thinking of PXZ as a game that somehow cobbled together a tonne of hard to obtain licenses - I’d want this crossover to mechanically just be Persona. Just with crossover characters.

Anyway, we now return to our regularly scheduled responses.

He has a lot on his plate for sure. Also, why do you spell his name as Drood? Wouldn't it just be Dood?
Oh. Yes. It is. I just have always thought of it as Drood. I guess the Mystery of Edwin Drood has influenced me in ways I do not know?

I will say, although I didn't immediately comments about it, I really like the idea of making shadow versions of characters outside of Persona. Would add in some great story opportunities.
Yeah, that would definitely be cool and allow for some depth of the story. Plus, easy enough bosses to make, assuming they don't want to rebalance characters like they did the shadows in P4A. I'd be super down for it if it happens.

I am also wondering about another thing. While it's likely they will add on to the stories we already got, could they perhaps make new story threads focusing on the new franchises that were added? I feel like it may be a bit difficult for those new franchises to get their footing as a focus of the story, as they have so few characters.
Ohhhhhh, that's an interesting idea. It would be hard to have them navigate a story themselves though - especially when they have one human and one tank... I feel like Heart could work well on her own, as she's kind of a bastion of positivity that could easily make new friends and have lots of comedic interactions without needing her friends with her. The others definitely set themselves up for greater challenges, at least from what I know about them... Yumi will probably get Asuka, which could set them up for their... ninja school rivalry? I think that is part of the plot? Maybe have them fighting against each other while trying to recreate their sides out of the BBTAG cast. As for Blitzkampf, I highly doubt BBTAG will actually acknowledge its main plotline because, well, Nazis, so it may be a bit harder to work it in naturally...

It's fine, Golden Deer could probably get Yu to join them. Maybe Minato could join the Blue Lions while they are at it.
So, everyone just joins the house that corresponds to their game's colour?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Convention over. There were a surprising amount of Kasumi cosplayers given how the game is not, you know, out yet. Though the thing that probably surprised me the most was the amount of Persona 2 merch - there wasn't much, but Persona was common enough that P2 did get a handful of things, in spite of its nicheness.
Out or not, he design is rather striking. It was sure to get cosplayers upon reveal. As for P2, I feel like people are looking back at the previous Persona's a bit more now that the series is starting to get more and more mainstream. I do not know that for sure, I am rather limited in my perspective, but that is what I am feeling.

About the P4 villain: I feel like he’d be interesting to see while he’s still putting up the facade, at least in dialogue and story. It would be a huge spoiler though...
It would interesting to see how the Investigation Team would try and handle him. Outright confronting him at the start might not be the best idea, especially depending on how this world has affected other factors(For example, how far into the murders are we?). I would personally like to see the eternal idealist that is Ruby confront someone so brutally nihilistic.
Yeah, that would definitely be cool and allow for some depth of the story. Plus, easy enough bosses to make, assuming they don't want to rebalance characters like they did the shadows in P4A. I'd be super down for it if it happens.
Yeah, and it would be easier to make fighting scenarios without awkwardly manufacturing circumstances. The cause of fights worked in the base game because of how the System worked, but now it's gone.
Ohhhhhh, that's an interesting idea. It would be hard to have them navigate a story themselves though - especially when they have one human and one tank... I feel like Heart could work well on her own, as she's kind of a bastion of positivity that could easily make new friends and have lots of comedic interactions without needing her friends with her. The others definitely set themselves up for greater challenges, at least from what I know about them... Yumi will probably get Asuka, which could set them up for their... ninja school rivalry? I think that is part of the plot? Maybe have them fighting against each other while trying to recreate their sides out of the BBTAG cast. As for Blitzkampf, I highly doubt BBTAG will actually acknowledge its main plotline because, well, Nazis, so it may be a bit harder to work it in naturally...
Heart could easily carry a story on her lonesome, but I imagine she will have another Arcana Heart character to work with in one of the 5 remaining character reveals. Yumi is a bit more diffucult, especially since I doubt we will get another Senran Kagura character, and Akatsuki is on his own because he would not work with Blitztank.
Looking more into the story of Akatsuki Blitzkampf, I actually think they could implement the plotlines involved with the game. While Nazi's do indeed exist in his universe, the game actually pulls a Hydra(More Captain America comparisons) and have the main villains be of a Nazi inspired secret society(Gessellschaft). They are apparently never called Nazi's by name and bear no Nazi regalia besides the general uniform look. The only exception is when Elektrosoldat would win a match in one of the early versions and salute while saying "Sieg Heil." Thankfully, it was removed in the next version of the game and he was not even found in the announcer files of BBTAG, so we are good(And the salute he did was not even the Nazi salute associated with the phrase, so they didn't go fully in). Gessellschaft also seems less focused on the more noteworthy atrocities we know it's inspiration for and more on, you guessed it, taking over the world. It also seems that Gessellschaft made Blitztank, so we already have their threads in the game. I also think it would be hard to flesh out Akatsuki in BBTAG story wise without addressing his story.

So, everyone just joins the house that corresponds to their game's colour?
Absolutely.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Out or not, he design is rather striking. It was sure to get cosplayers upon reveal. As for P2, I feel like people are looking back at the previous Persona's a bit more now that the series is starting to get more and more mainstream. I do not know that for sure, I am rather limited in my perspective, but that is what I am feeling.
True on both fronts. I am not surprised people are cosplaying her, but it's still a relatively quick turnaround. True - Persona art has been growing in numbers at cons I have attended lately, so I shouldn't be surprised the niche stuff is growing in size proportionally.

It would interesting to see how the Investigation Team would try and handle him. Outright confronting him at the start might not be the best idea, especially depending on how this world has affected other factors(For example, how far into the murders are we?). I would personally like to see the eternal idealist that is Ruby confront someone so brutally nihilistic.
Yeah, definitely. It'd lead to some awkward, but interesting, interactions - both within the team and between him, the team, and others. I imagine we could have a tense scene where Yu and the gang try to indicate to the others that he's a threat, while he's just being his usual chummy self.

Yeah, and it would be easier to make fighting scenarios without awkwardly manufacturing circumstances. The cause of fights worked in the base game because of how the System worked, but now it's gone.
True. Though it's not like fighting game ever need particlarly good reasons and BBTAG is generally less-violent then other games, so friendly skermishes are possible. I do love how many of the victory quotes are people apologizing and suggesting character-specific ways of helping the beaten person get better soon.

Heart could easily carry a story on her lonesome, but I imagine she will have another Arcana Heart character to work with in one of the 5 remaining character reveals. Yumi is a bit more diffucult, especially since I doubt we will get another Senran Kagura character, and Akatsuki is on his own because he would not work with Blitztank.
Personally, I feel like it is likely we will get both another Arcana Heart and a SK character, so every new(er) franchise can have 2 reps in time for 2.0. I know that would leave either Persona or Under-Night without a new character this patch, but I'm sure they will have their chance another day. I know most people expect Saki as the next character for AH and I tend to agree, based on my basic knowledge of that plot.

Looking more into the story of Akatsuki Blitzkampf, I actually think they could implement the plotlines involved with the game. While Nazi's do indeed exist in his universe, the game actually pulls a Hydra(More Captain America comparisons) and have the main villains be of a Nazi inspired secret society(Gessellschaft). They are apparently never called Nazi's by name and bear no Nazi regalia besides the general uniform look. The only exception is when Elektrosoldat would win a match in one of the early versions and salute while saying "Sieg Heil." Thankfully, it was removed in the next version of the game and he was not even found in the announcer files of BBTAG, so we are good(And the salute he did was not even the Nazi salute associated with the phrase, so they didn't go fully in). Gessellschaft also seems less focused on the more noteworthy atrocities we know it's inspiration for and more on, you guessed it, taking over the world. It also seems that Gessellschaft made Blitztank, so we already have their threads in the game. I also think it would be hard to flesh out Akatsuki in BBTAG story wise without addressing his story.
Thanks for the plotdump! That is a good set of information put into understandable Captain America comparisons haha. Sounds like things have been set up nicely to avoid directly putting some of the darkest moments in human history into this lighthearted fanservice-y fighting game. I do think the story will have to be mentioned, but I do not know if they would be able to recreate it in the same way P4's ending puts everyone in P4 and my hypothetical idea of Yumi and Asuka forming rival "schools" out of the BBTAG cast, as that would still be slightly awkward, even if they avoid directly invoking Nazism in the game?

Good applicable art. Shows how far Persona has come, as I don't recall those comparisons when Pokemon Go launched (which was pre-P5, but we had trailers and P2 was also represented with red)...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, definitely. It'd lead to some awkward, but interesting, interactions - both within the team and between him, the team, and others. I imagine we could have a tense scene where Yu and the gang try to indicate to the others that he's a threat, while he's just being his usual chummy self.
That would certainly be quite the scene. I imagine the killer would also pull some rather dirty cards if he ever starts to supect that Yu and the others know, likely involving characters who don't know.
True. Though it's not like fighting game ever need particlarly good reasons and BBTAG is generally less-violent then other games, so friendly skermishes are possible. I do love how many of the victory quotes are people apologizing and suggesting character-specific ways of helping the beaten person get better soon.
Yeah, BBTAG tends to be much more casual with fights and such. Probably due to tone and the lack of villains overall.
Personally, I feel like it is likely we will get both another Arcana Heart and a SK character, so every new(er) franchise can have 2 reps in time for 2.0. I know that would leave either Persona or Under-Night without a new character this patch, but I'm sure they will have their chance another day. I know most people expect Saki as the next character for AH and I tend to agree, based on my basic knowledge of that plot.
Arcana Heart for sure, but I doubt Senran Kagura. When it comes to making these characters, there is a scale of difficulty when it comes to making these characters. from what I understand, it goes Blazblue/Persona 4/Under Night(Pretty much sprite ports with maybe some minor touch ups), Arcana Heart/Akatsuki Blitzkampf(Some updates needed, but still has a fighting game base to work with), then RWBY/Senran Kagura(Make things pretty much from scratch with help from other avenues of the franchise). The fact that Yumi is also in the middle of the nine while Akatsuki and Blitztank is mirroring each other also makes me feel that she will be the only SK, as that feels like a weird place to put her if you have two reps.
Thanks for the plotdump! That is a good set of information put into understandable Captain America comparisons haha. Sounds like things have been set up nicely to avoid directly putting some of the darkest moments in human history into this lighthearted fanservice-y fighting game. I do think the story will have to be mentioned, but I do not know if they would be able to recreate it in the same way P4's ending puts everyone in P4 and my hypothetical idea of Yumi and Asuka forming rival "schools" out of the BBTAG cast, as that would still be slightly awkward, even if they avoid directly invoking Nazism in the game?
I doubt we will run into a P4 end scenario with Akatsuki Blitzkampf, especially now that the System is out of commission. I don't know how they would end his hypothetical route, but I imagine it won't bring up anything too serious.

Also, because I can and I find this series rather interesting, I am going to put down what I have learned and my thoughts of the Akatsuki Blitzkampf characters noted in the announcer files. there will be plot spoilers from the series in here. Also, sorry if there is some spelling errors or sentences that don't make sense. This took a while to type and I am getting tired.

This guy established Gessellschaft, sent Akatsuki on a mission where he was supposed to die and is quite the fan of cloning himself and inserting said clones into positions where he could gain more power in the modern day. And like Akatsuki, he has a Blitz Engine within him, which is a big MacGuffin everyone wants to get their hands on(It's the reason the plot kick-starts when Akatsuki comes back, as everyone wants it). So yeah, kinda an important villain. Don't know if he's next in line or anything when it comes to getting into BBTAG, but he should not be underestimated.

When I was looking though character themes from this series(They are really goo btw), Perfecti's comments had by far the most people wanting her in BBTAG. And I wan't lie, I can really understand it. Her design is rather striking and her weapon feels like the perfect way of getting RWBY interactions. She started out as an alternate version and recolor of the character Mycale(Who is rather strangely absent) before becoming her own thing. She is a major figure of Gessellschaft and is rather representative of it. I am going to link a video of her original boss fight, which showcases her and her Mycale form. Her toolkit is rather interesting.

He was once an officer of an organisation called "Ahnenerbe", which looked into inheritance from German Ancestors. He eventually found the ancient city of Agartha and from then on used his scientific for his own goals. He is responsible for the creation of the Elektrosoldats through the theft of research from Fritz and is probably the most clearly Nazi character besides them. Like Akatsuki and Murakumo, he has a Blitz Engine within him.

An assassin of an organisation called the Black Hand. Despite being quite the jerk, he hates backstabbing and started his plot by chasing after the person who killed his boss. Said killer, Marilyn, isn't in this game, so I have no clue what that means for his possible involvement for BBTAG. Just seems kinda here.

He was a military surgeon for the Imperial army back in the day and is now on a mission to kill any of threats that arose when Akatsuki came back. He may have actually been a friend of Akatsuki back in the day, and as mentioned before, his research is responsible for the Elektrosoldat. Might be a good partner for Akatsuki, as he seems to have very little friends in this roster.

An agent of computer company who gains information through illegal means. He is notable for having quite the stair with his glasses off, as it can put effects on people and even drain life from his enemies. Other notable facts about him is that he is actually an agent of MI6 and is actually old enough to have been a rival to Murakumo in WW2(This is apparently possible due to his life draining abilities). Rather cool all things considered, and I imagine his abilities could lead to some interesting gameplay.

An intelligence operative that, on the revival Akatsuki, is ordered to find a secret "Blitz Engine" that went missing at the end of the war. Considering the fact that Akatsuki is powered by a Blitz Engine, it's not hard to figure out the connection. She seems rather Cammy-like, which is always fun, but I am not sure how big of an impact she would have within BBTAG.

Kati is... weird. The last game of Akatsuki Blitzkampf was En-Eins Perfektewelt, a notably more light game then it's predecessors. Kati was one of three characters introduced in that game, and because of the already rather limited sources with the previous entries and the lighter tone making people less interested in the game, it makes finding info and sources for Kati and the others rather difficult. Even then, Kati is odd. This poor girl is actually the current body that the previously mentioned Mycale is using, as she is a body surfing witch. The fact that Kati would be in before her is bizarre, especially when Perfecti is still included. And honestly, Kati seems like more of a Arcana Heart character than a major choice for Akatsuki Blitzkampf, especially when she is connected to a more fitting and important character.

Edit:
I have looked into it, and it seems that Mycale is absent in En-Eins Perfektewelt. I still find the choice rather weird, but it does indicate that both can't exist in the same game. I guess this does give us a good idea that these characters are from the last time we saw them and not from some other time in the franchise(Like how team RWBY is pre Volume 3).

It's the character on the right. I will be entirely honest, I can't find jack about this person. Despite being apart of the name of En-Eins Perfektewelt, I can find very little. I can find more about the character on the left than En-Eins, and that's just because they are the big bad and final boss.

Good applicable art. Shows how far Persona has come, as I don't recall those comparisons when Pokemon Go launched (which was pre-P5, but we had trailers and P2 was also represented with red)...
Helps that three Houses is already rather Persona like.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
That would certainly be quite the scene. I imagine the killer would also pull some rather dirty cards if he ever starts to supect that Yu and the others know, likely involving characters who don't know.
Oooo. Yeah, it'd be interesting seeing him turning some of the more manipulatable people against the Investigation Team... Really a tonne of potential with this set.

Yeah, BBTAG tends to be much more casual with fights and such. Probably due to tone and the lack of villains overall.
That is true - plus, unlike games like MK, you can't really tell when people are being more or less violent, as we don't see how many ribs are being broken with every attack. This does remind me of my favourite victory quote though: "Um, sorry to bother you, but... Could you please open your hand? It's kinda hard to shake hands with a clenched first" by Heart.

Arcana Heart for sure, but I doubt Senran Kagura. When it comes to making these characters, there is a scale of difficulty when it comes to making these characters. from what I understand, it goes Blazblue/Persona 4/Under Night(Pretty much sprite ports with maybe some minor touch ups), Arcana Heart/Akatsuki Blitzkampf(Some updates needed, but still has a fighting game base to work with), then RWBY/Senran Kagura(Make things pretty much from scratch with help from other avenues of the franchise). The fact that Yumi is also in the middle of the nine while Akatsuki and Blitztank is mirroring each other also makes me feel that she will be the only SK, as that feels like a weird place to put her if you have two reps.
I hadn't considered the diamond placement - that is a very convincing argument. I do get that SK and RWBY are the hardest to make characters for, but I just figured that a monumental 2.0 update that is being built up for three months of hype and is getting a new physical edition would want to avoid having one series stuck with one character while the rest have 2 or more. Though it could be disguised if the rumor of a new and improved character select screen is true...

I doubt we will run into a P4 end scenario with Akatsuki Blitzkampf, especially now that the System is out of commission. I don't know how they would end his hypothetical route, but I imagine it won't bring up anything too serious.
Yeah, that's fair. It would be interesting to see how they navigate it though, assuming that this isn't primarily gag ending focused.

Also, because I can and I find this series rather interesting, I am going to put down what I have learned and my thoughts of the Akatsuki Blitzkampf characters noted in the announcer files. there will be plot spoilers from the series in here. Also, sorry if there is some spelling errors or sentences that don't make sense. This took a while to type and I am getting tired.
Holy moly that is a lot of research done! Maybe post that on the BBTAG subreddit or somewhere beyond here to get the info to more people? I'll give my thoughts on the characters here though, spoilers inbound

Murakumo: I like the idea of cloning yourself for the main purpose running the government yourself. It's a good sci-fi take on puppet governments and slow rises to power. Seems like a cool character with a cool design.

Prefecti: She seems badass, though I assume she is very very very evil. Her two forms seem interesting - maybe she could transform for her Astrals? I don't know if AB has anything that could instantly translate into astral finishers...

Alder: Wow. Uh. That design really screams Nazi, as does his backstory. Not much else to say.

Dawei: My god; the abs. Maybe he's in BBTAG's potential line-up just for adding some literal muscle to the game. Also, uh, Black Hand? Are we confusing what World War we are turning into a fighting game?

Fritz: Interesting character. I'd be fine with him being added, especially if we opens himself to good interactions.

Sai: Man, Baofu from Persona 2 has gotten more evil with age! But yeah, definitely has a lot of moveset potential with interesting powers.

Kanae: That looks like a fighting game character. Interesting enough story motivation, but definitely isn't quite as reaction-provoking to me at least.

Kati: Uhhhhhh. Who let a Sailor Moon cosplayer into the WW2 fighting game? I get what you mean; she looks visually like a slightly more jagged Arcana Heart character. Weird story element as well - was body-switching a thing in the base game? I imagine that body-switching would be a curveball if people are focused on ancestry.

En-Eins: That person looks like a human. They seem to have gloves on. Neat.

This is making me want to get the game TBH... Effective marketing is effective.

Also, a post on the BBTAG subreddit makes me really want Fuuka to finally get playable status in either P5A or if they start making original characters in BBTAG...

Helps that three Houses is already rather Persona like.
True as well!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That is true - plus, unlike games like MK, you can't really tell when people are being more or less violent, as we don't see how many ribs are being broken with every attack. This does remind me of my favourite victory quote though: "Um, sorry to bother you, but... Could you please open your hand? It's kinda hard to shake hands with a clenched first" by Heart.
You know, we like to say this is more casual, but there are finishers in the game that pretty much obliterate the opponent into nothing. That quote is great though.
I hadn't considered the diamond placement - that is a very convincing argument. I do get that SK and RWBY are the hardest to make characters for, but I just figured that a monumental 2.0 update that is being built up for three months of hype and is getting a new physical edition would want to avoid having one series stuck with one character while the rest have 2 or more. Though it could be disguised if the rumor of a new and improved character select screen is true...
I have seen people argue the case that RWBY could get one more character because of Neo's placement on the diamond allowing for someone to mirror her much like Akatsuki and Blitztank, but I am not too sure of it.
Yeah, that's fair. It would be interesting to see how they navigate it though, assuming that this isn't primarily gag ending focused.
It feels rather limited in it's possiblites, as it is just Akatsuki and Blitztank. They could do something with the Blitz Engine Akatsuki has with him, as I could see that becoming a major element for the BBTAG story. After all, pretty much everyone in his universe is chasing after Akatsuki for it, so I could see other villainous characters trying to do the same if they catch wind of it's power.
Holy moly that is a lot of research done! Maybe post that on the BBTAG subreddit or somewhere beyond here to get the info to more people? I'll give my thoughts on the characters here though, spoilers inbound
I am not that confident in my research. Most of this is stuff I learned from TV Tropes and what other people have said. Plus, I have never done anthing with Reddit before.
Murakumo would certainly be a great choice, especially if he tries to extend his power to other universes. Dropping seeds of himself to grow and multiply across the multiverse sounds like something he would do. Of course, as long as he can keep in contact with them. There has been one occasion where he has had a clone try and back-stab him.

I want to make sure that things are fully clarified. Perfecti's previous form is a completely different character, Mycale(Who is also the one who controlled Kati). Perfecti just has origins of being a different version of her before turning into Perfecti(Who was a super boss form before being playable in the next game, which is often the case for these sort of games), so I doubt they will use anything from Mycale for her kit. Maybe as an intro animation, in case they want to reference her transformation into Perfecti. And no, AB does not have anything that could translate into a finisher, so they would have to make something new. The one exception is Akatsuki, but that is because he was in Under Night and got a finisher there.

Yeah, there is not much to say about Adler. If they want a full on Nazi in the game, Adler is the way to go. I mean Perfecti is certainly rocking the look of the Reich, but Adler is walking it in everything he does. I will say, I kinda do want him in just so I can say "This is the game where you can have Yang punch a Nazi".

Dawei seems like the muscle rep for AB, yeah. Maybe he and Sun could have an interaction someday. As for Black Hand, can you educate me a bit? I imagine it's a World War 1 thing. Keep in mind, the games take place 50 years after WW2 in a dystopian present, so perhaps it had a resurgence of sorts.

Fritz is fine to me also. Nothing wrong with getting some more old man reps, especially if he is a bit more friendly than some of the other AB reps.

In case you are curious about it, Sai's effects he can put on people are slowness, guard weakening, and penalizing jumping. His EX gives you all of these statuses and his Super does the same thing and drains life on top of it.

Kanae is definitely a fighting game character through and through. Shame that makes her less notable in comparison to some of the other crazy characters in this series, but hey, at least she's not-

Kati was just Mycales body until En-Eins Perfektewelt. I think body switching has always been an element of Mycales characters, especially since she has always been a witch with some magical abilities. I also forgot to mention(Though I guess it was implied with my discussion of Perfecti, Mycale is also a member of Gessellschaft and apparently originates from the middle ages. So yeah, Kati kinda pales in comparison. she could have some interesting interactions with Linne, considering she is also a body surfer, albeit more benevolent and searching for a way to off herself. But that just makes me think of how even more interesting it would be to have Linne interact with Mycale.

Es-Eins feels like they tried to make another protag(I am assuming because of his appearance and him being apart of the title of the game he is introduced in), but we have none of the context for him to make us like him more than Akatsuki, who is much more interesting.
I am curious, what characters out of this selection really stand out and/or interest you?

The closer and closer we get to the Art showcase announcement, the more I hope it's something new. That is all I want.

Edit:
Also, nice avatar change amageish amageish . I see you now have Kasumi on your icon.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
You know, we like to say this is more casual, but there are finishers in the game that pretty much obliterate the opponent into nothing. That quote is great though.
That is very true! It definitely is less likely that you will blow someone up in your regular match via story mode then it is in some other games, but you definitely are still able to do it if you are dedicated enough to the cause...

I have seen people argue the case that RWBY could get one more character because of Neo's placement on the diamond allowing for someone to mirror her much like Akatsuki and Blitztank, but I am not too sure of it.
Ah, interesting. I kind of doubt it just due to the low number of remaining characters in this patch, but possibly?

It feels rather limited in it's possiblites, as it is just Akatsuki and Blitztank. They could do something with the Blitz Engine Akatsuki has with him, as I could see that becoming a major element for the BBTAG story. After all, pretty much everyone in his universe is chasing after Akatsuki for it, so I could see other villainous characters trying to do the same if they catch wind of it's power.
Ooooo, yes. That would make a lot of sense for sure. He becomes the new item everyone fights over... I like it.

I am not that confident in my research. Most of this is stuff I learned from TV Tropes and what other people have said. Plus, I have never done anthing with Reddit before.
Ahhhh, okay. That is very fair. It just seems like a shame to have all this work be read by me and whoever lurks this thread enough to read all the BBTAG stuff haha.

Murakumo would certainly be a great choice, especially if he tries to extend his power to other universes. Dropping seeds of himself to grow and multiply across the multiverse sounds like something he would do. Of course, as long as he can keep in contact with them. There has been one occasion where he has had a clone try and back-stab him.
A clone trying to back-stab him? That's very interesting and could be neat if he drops characters off who grow up in the other franchises. Definitely would allow for him to appear easily as both an ally and a rival in a story mode, if he's sometimes good and sometimes bad depending on which clone he is. Really interested in that one for sure.

I want to make sure that things are fully clarified. Perfecti's previous form is a completely different character, Mycale(Who is also the one who controlled Kati). Perfecti just has origins of being a different version of her before turning into Perfecti(Who was a super boss form before being playable in the next game, which is often the case for these sort of games), so I doubt they will use anything from Mycale for her kit. Maybe as an intro animation, in case they want to reference her transformation into Perfecti. And no, AB does not have anything that could translate into a finisher, so they would have to make something new. The one exception is Akatsuki, but that is because he was in Under Night and got a finisher there.
Oh! Thank you for the clarification; I definitely missed that. Makes it even weirder Mycale wasn't in the voice datamine then... It'll be very interesting to see how they give people finishers then - especially the tank...

Yeah, there is not much to say about Adler. If they want a full on Nazi in the game, Adler is the way to go. I mean Perfecti is certainly rocking the look of the Reich, but Adler is walking it in everything he does. I will say, I kinda do want him in just so I can say "This is the game where you can have Yang punch a Nazi".
I do also like the idea of Yang punching Nazis now that you mention it, but I feel like Perfecti is close enough. Alder is almost generic from his design and what you've said about him...

Dawei seems like the muscle rep for AB, yeah. Maybe he and Sun could have an interaction someday. As for Black Hand, can you educate me a bit? I imagine it's a World War 1 thing. Keep in mind, the games take place 50 years after WW2 in a dystopian present, so perhaps it had a resurgence of sorts.
Dawei and Sun hanging out could be neat - if they continue to add DLC story moments, having a musclehead one would be neat. As for the Black Hand, they were an Serbian nationalistic group that wanted to establish an ethnically South Slavic State distinct from Serbia. While their real power is debated by historians, they are commonly blamed for starting World War One as the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand was carried out by... not a member of the Black Hand, but by a member of a group that had similar ideological beliefs and would recieve supplies from the Black Hand. The name could possibly be used by a group of rogues in AB if they want to connect themselves to the efforts of earlier revolutionaries?

Fritz is fine to me also. Nothing wrong with getting some more old man reps, especially if he is a bit more friendly than some of the other AB reps.
I like old man characters and it'd be nice to have some characters who are at least somewhat friendly in their tag-team lines...

In case you are curious about it, Sai's effects he can put on people are slowness, guard weakening, and penalizing jumping. His EX gives you all of these statuses and his Super does the same thing and drains life on top of it.
Wow. That sounds very strong. What's the meta like in this game?

Kanae is definitely a fighting game character through and through. Shame that makes her less notable in comparison to some of the other crazy characters in this series, but hey, at least she's not-
Yeah, it is always unfortunate when a decent character just gets completely upstage - WHAT THE

Kati was just Mycales body until En-Eins Perfektewelt. I think body switching has always been an element of Mycales characters, especially since she has always been a witch with some magical abilities. I also forgot to mention(Though I guess it was implied with my discussion of Perfecti, Mycale is also a member of Gessellschaft and apparently originates from the middle ages. So yeah, Kati kinda pales in comparison. she could have some interesting interactions with Linne, considering she is also a body surfer, albeit more benevolent and searching for a way to off herself. But that just makes me think of how even more interesting it would be to have Linne interact with Mycale.
Uh. Wow. Okay, yeah. Linne interacting with other body-surfers would be cool, but Kati just seems... odd... I guess they just wanted something to contrast Mycale as much as possible, while still obviously being the same person?

Es-Eins feels like they tried to make another protag(I am assuming because of his appearance and him being apart of the title of the game he is introduced in), but we have none of the context for him to make us like him more than Akatsuki, who is much more interesting.
Ahhhhhhhhh. I'd bet you hit the nail on the head there. Well, points for trying I suppose.

I am curious, what characters out of this selection really stand out and/or interest you?
Murakumo and Perfecti make the most sense to me and interest me the most as characters. Sai and Fritz also both sound like solid picks. Kati confuses me enough to make me interested in her. How about you? What makes you the most interested after all your research?

The closer and closer we get to the Art showcase announcement, the more I hope it's something new. That is all I want.
Hopefully! I'm still keeping my expectations very low.

Also, nice avatar change amageish amageish . I see you now have Kasumi on your icon.
Yup! I had my Layton/Joker/Flynn trio for a long time, but figured I should update it to my current most-wanted and, by extension, where you find me most on the site (Layton/Kasumi/Farmer ((plus a BlazBlue background))).

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
looks like we've got our first glimpse at black mask's all-out-attack from the collector's edition (alongside kasumi's all-out attack art)

1565689186826.png

the emphasis on these two as the big new things of royal is making me wonder if they'd make a kasumi final smash a combination attack between the two instead of a simple all-out attack copy/paste

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ah, interesting. I kind of doubt it just due to the low number of remaining characters in this patch, but possibly?
It is possible, but I doubt it on account of the difficulty of making RWBY characters and the fact that it would mean one franchise is being left out because RWBY has another slot. I would still love it, as well as many others, but I am thinking about this logically.
Ooooo, yes. That would make a lot of sense for sure. He becomes the new item everyone fights over... I like it.
It would probably take awhile for that to be the case, as I imagine he would try and hide it, but it certainly could become a plot point. If the blitz engine can give the power of lightning to people with no sign of ever running out, than I am sure it can do other things as well. Infinite electricity sounds like one hell of a power source.
Ahhhh, okay. That is very fair. It just seems like a shame to have all this work be read by me and whoever lurks this thread enough to read all the BBTAG stuff haha.
It's knowledge I have gained that I feel is best shared. I do hope others are looking into these talks, even if they are doing it silently.

A clone trying to back-stab him? That's very interesting and could be neat if he drops characters off who grow up in the other franchises. Definitely would allow for him to appear easily as both an ally and a rival in a story mode, if he's sometimes good and sometimes bad depending on which clone he is. Really interested in that one for sure.
I think it's more of a case of his clones also becoming manipulative and vile like him, but that is just a guess. When you have a god complex and put clones of yourself under your thumb, they might just bight back. I looked into who some of his clones were, and it turns out he has a clone as Kanae's superior in the Army and as a triad leader in Black Hand(This is the same guy who got offed in Dawei's motivation, but that apparently was orchestrated by Murakumo because of possible rebellion).

Also, I have discovered that Murakumo's going forward animation is hilarious. I am not even going to tell you why, just look up Murakumo gameplay and you will see.
Oh! Thank you for the clarification; I definitely missed that. Makes it even weirder Mycale wasn't in the voice datamine then... It'll be very interesting to see how they give people finishers then - especially the tank...
Could be something fun to speculate about.
I do also like the idea of Yang punching Nazis now that you mention it, but I feel like Perfecti is close enough. Alder is almost generic from his design and what you've said about him...
Yeah, Perfecti certainly counts. Funny thing, I would've told you a couple days ago that there was probably someone more generic in that regard than Adler, but I have learned some interesting things in that time...
Wow. That sounds very strong. What's the meta like in this game?
Not sure. The game is less anime fighter more like a Street Fighter game. All I know is that the tank is the worst character in the game, but people still can play him at a high level.

Also, Sai's jump punishment is that a fish falls on you when you jump, which it totally block and/or parryable.
Yeah, it is always unfortunate when a decent character just gets completely upstage - WHAT THE
I won't lie, the fact that she got overshadowed like this makes me like her a bit more than I expected.

Uh. Wow. Okay, yeah. Linne interacting with other body-surfers would be cool, but Kati just seems... odd... I guess they just wanted something to contrast Mycale as much as possible, while still obviously being the same person?
I guess since Mycale was an evil witch, they decided to make Kati a magical girl. So.. I guess they succeeded?
Murakumo and Perfecti make the most sense to me and interest me the most as characters. Sai and Fritz also both sound like solid picks. Kati confuses me enough to make me interested in her. How about you? What makes you the most interested after all your research?
I agree with you that Murakumo and Perfecti are on the top of the list. For me, I actually like Sai, Fritz and Kanae, but as I said above, it's because of her charm as someone overshadowed despite her showcasing the very basics of what Akatsuki Blitzkampf is.

Honestly, it's a shame that I actually have some characters that really interest me that are never going to be in BBTAG. It's natural that characters are left behind, but's it's a shame nonetheless. Because I can and I like typing this stuff up, I am going to note those who are missing.

We have already well discussed this character and the potential she had for BBTAG. I do like Perfecti more, so if it was choice between them I wouldve opted for Perfecti, but I would not have chosen her before Kati. Though, there are a ton of mysteries I am trying to work through in regard to the three. Did she become Perfecti? Is she a clone? How can Kati and Perfecti exist at the same time? How did Kati get free? All of these questions and more, which I am sure have all been solved but are on such obscure sites that it's going to take forever to find.

If there was anyone who looked more like a generic Nazi than Adler, it's this guy. Which makes what I learned all the more interesting. The Elektrosoldats are a creation of Adler, as all of them are clones of him and are used as the private army of Gessellschaft. All of them are armed with blitz engines(Which is stating to make me wonder how rare are blitz engines and why Akatsuki's is so important), which allows them powers that are best compared to, ironically, Guile from Street Fighter. I find it interesting how the Gessellschafts, who look very much like the Nazi ideal, are all manufactured from the same guy. All of them are given Nazi programming, but something rather interesting about Elektrosoldat is that the one you control in his story mode is actually resisting his programming and trying to rebel against Gessellschaft. A shame that said resistance was likely cased by what is also killing him, as it's revealed that his wounds are starting to not heal and his ending has him starting to cough blood. All of this could've led to some great interaction and story potential in BBTAG. I get why Adler was chosen, as both him and Elektrosoldat are very similar and it makes sense you would go for the big boss over the mooks, but it's still a shame.

Also, a nickname for him in the Akatsuki Blitzkampf community is Nazi Pikachu and his theme is a banger. Seriously, give the soundtrack a listen, I was shocked by how it could legitimately compete with the other franchises soundtrack wise.

Ironically, not a Mary Sue. She is the one who physically killed the Black Hand triad boss and is on the search for Akatsuki and his blitz engine so she could take over Black Hand. She puts up an illusion of someone charming and nice, but she is a cold-blooded assassin and has only her own interests in mind. She has a rather dark backstory, being a "heihaizi" and apparently being a prostitute before becoming an assassin. I can get why putting her into a game all about teamwork wouldn't make sense, but Hazama is here, so that argument holds very little.

Man, I wish she could be in the game. You know that people would meme the heck out of the fact that she is a gun nun. Anyway, she seems to be an Inquisitor of a religious society called the Religious Club. He mission was to destroy an organisation headquarters that aided Gessellschaft, the Perfecti Kyoudan. I think's it safe to assume we all know who that relates to. In her ending, she succeeds, but Mycale decides to get some revenge and takes her body over. Quite the downer ending, but Anonym appears in later games completely fine, so it's safe to say that the canon story doesn't have her end on such a downer. Then again, a guess the true downer ending is that she ain't coming to BBTAG.

The third of the En-Eins Perfektewelt characters and I still know rather little. According to TV Tropes, she is apparently the big bad of the game. The final boss of the game, Valkyria, is pretty much a palette swap of her. Though, apparently her and Valkyria are two different entities, one being the clone of the other. Which one is the original, not even TV Tropes is sure.
From the character page:
"Though in the game's story, if you do play as Tempelritter, you find out that Valkyria is the "Original" and Tempelritter is the "Clone" (or maybe its the other way around)."

Yup! I had my Layton/Joker/Flynn trio for a long time, but figured I should update it to my current most-wanted and, by extension, where you find me most on the site (Layton/Kasumi/Farmer ((plus a BlazBlue background))).
I didn't even realize it was a BlazBlue background. Nice detail.
looks like we've got our first glimpse at black mask's all-out-attack from the collector's edition (alongside kasumi's all-out attack art)

View attachment 234512

the emphasis on these two as the big new things of royal is making me wonder if they'd make a kasumi final smash a combination attack between the two instead of a simple all-out attack copy/paste
That is what I have been expecting, specially if they have a combination attack in game. Would be a great way to represent P5R and it's mechanics.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
It is possible, but I doubt it on account of the difficulty of making RWBY characters and the fact that it would mean one franchise is being left out because RWBY has another slot. I would still love it, as well as many others, but I am thinking about this logically.
True, and they obviously do know how much demand there has been for more RWBY given how they handled Neo's reveal, but I still feel like it'd be better to throw every franchise a bone for now. It does make me wonder how they will handle DLC after 2.0 though - will they try doing packs based on series (like, include only Persona characters in a pack) or will they do new 6-character-packs to get one per series or will they continue doing 3-packs in a rotation?

It would probably take awhile for that to be the case, as I imagine he would try and hide it, but it certainly could become a plot point. If the blitz engine can give the power of lightning to people with no sign of ever running out, than I am sure it can do other things as well. Infinite electricity sounds like one hell of a power source.
Yeah, uh, that is a pretty effective power. Definitely not the type of thing you would want to be well-known about you when you're in an unfamiliar dimension containing a lot of evil people. Especially not if one of said evil people enjoys ripping souls out of bodies.

Side-Note: I've seen people elsewhere on the internet claiming that Relius is not in BBTAG due to Rooster Teeth having requested their characters aren't shown in his bondage-y Astral Heat. I haven't found any source for this though, so it is probably just something one person made up and has spread around the internet since... That said, you seem good at research, so if you want to fact-check this one, be my guest!

I think it's more of a case of his clones also becoming manipulative and vile like him, but that is just a guess. When you have a god complex and put clones of yourself under your thumb, they might just bight back. I looked into who some of his clones were, and it turns out he has a clone as Kanae's superior in the Army and as a triad leader in Black Hand(This is the same guy who got offed in Dawei's motivation, but that apparently was orchestrated by Murakumo because of possible rebellion).
Ah, yes, that does make some sense. That is an impressively large amount of clones. This is a really interesting allegory and villain, though I feel like it's also weird to be an allegory for fascism when you are also literally a Nazi.

Also, I have discovered that Murakumo's going forward animation is hilarious. I am not even going to tell you why, just look up Murakumo gameplay and you will see.
Okay, but I'm sure it isn't - OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS THAT.

Yeah, Perfecti certainly counts. Funny thing, I would've told you a couple days ago that there was probably someone more generic in that regard than Adler, but I have learned some interesting things in that time...
She definitely works and seems much more likely then Alder. It is interesting he was chosen over the other generic Nazi archetype.

Not sure. The game is less anime fighter more like a Street Fighter game. All I know is that the tank is the worst character in the game, but people still can play him at a high level.

Also, Sai's jump punishment is that a fish falls on you when you jump, which it totally block and/or parryable.
Ahhhhh, interesting... That is the sign of a good meta, I suppose. I wonder how the tank will rank in BBTAG's tier list.

That is, uh, a very exact move. I assume there is some deep cultural reference with the fish that I am not getting?

I won't lie, the fact that she got overshadowed like this makes me like her a bit more than I expected.
That is fair. Based on her design, I think she would be a character I'd like in a generic fighting game. This just seems like more psuedo-historical chaos then the average fighting game haha.

I agree with you that Murakumo and Perfecti are on the top of the list. For me, I actually like Sai, Fritz and Kanae, but as I said above, it's because of her charm as someone overshadowed despite her showcasing the very basics of what Akatsuki Blitzkampf is.
Ahhhh, that is fair. I like her as well, plus she'd aethestically have some good contrast with the rest of the BBTAG waifu squad. I don't think she is needed right away, but I'd like to see her join eventually.

Honestly, it's a shame that I actually have some characters that really interest me that are never going to be in BBTAG. It's natural that characters are left behind, but's it's a shame nonetheless. Because I can and I like typing this stuff up, I am going to note those who are missing.
That is fair, though I'd never say never! Depending on how long the game survives, they could add characters not in the current announcer clips.

And now, amageish reacts to the characters not currently voiced for BBTAG:

Mycale does still seem really cool. Perfecti seems more interesting, but having Kati and not Mycale is odd... Maybe they just really want her to interact with Platinum?

Elektrosoldat continues the very literal allegories in an interesting way! Solid theme and solid character premise. I do understand the decision to exclude him though, while the character interactions could be interesting, I'm not sure it would be much more interesting then other clone-heavy and body-swapping characters. The music does seem pretty great too.

Marilyn seems like a standard femme fatale in some ways - I am definitely noticing the female characters seem to be very reliavant on observing and subverting tropes, with the expection of Perfecti. Having her be tied to the One Child Program definitely is an instant way to make her darker and more complex though, as she probably had a rough childhood...

Anonym is a nun with a gun. Neat. I am surprised she isn't in the roster honestly, but I guess that may have some unpopular-ish religious implications if they let Yang punch a nun.

Tempelritter looks very out of place design-wise, but sounds cool enough I suppose. Valkyrie being the name of the bad guy seems odd, given how it is the name of the famous attempt to overthrow the Nazi regime (kind of, the operation went by a variety of names and Valkyrie was actually a never executed plan, but it's the famous name).

I didn't even realize it was a BlazBlue background. Nice detail.
Thank you. Previously I had a TMS#FE background, so I figured it should update that too.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
True, and they obviously do know how much demand there has been for more RWBY given how they handled Neo's reveal, but I still feel like it'd be better to throw every franchise a bone for now. It does make me wonder how they will handle DLC after 2.0 though - will they try doing packs based on series (like, include only Persona characters in a pack) or will they do new 6-character-packs to get one per series or will they continue doing 3-packs in a rotation?
I am not sure. They all seem about even(Except BlazBlue, which has more) when it comes to how many characters they have in the announcer files, so I feel like they are going to try and add in all the franchises at a similar rate.
Yeah, uh, that is a pretty effective power. Definitely not the type of thing you would want to be well-known about you when you're in an unfamiliar dimension containing a lot of evil people. Especially not if one of said evil people enjoys ripping souls out of bodies.
Yeah, having Nazi's hunt you down is bad enough as it is.
Side-Note: I've seen people elsewhere on the internet claiming that Relius is not in BBTAG due to Rooster Teeth having requested their characters aren't shown in his bondage-y Astral Heat. I haven't found any source for this though, so it is probably just something one person made up and has spread around the internet since... That said, you seem good at research, so if you want to fact-check this one, be my guest!
Sounds made up as hell. I doubt Rooster Teeth has that sort of power(I can see them requesting that the RWBY characters are not put into anything perverted, but they wouldn't be able to ban the use of Relius). There was a time where Warner Bros Japan asked if Rooster Teeth could include a hot spring episode in the future, but it was swated down because that is their show. Plus, I don't think ArcSys or Rooster Teeth would let info like that slip. The fact that Relius is still in the announcer files also makes me think he is still very much possible.

Ah, yes, that does make some sense. That is an impressively large amount of clones. This is a really interesting allegory and villain, though I feel like it's also weird to be an allegory for fascism when you are also literally a Nazi.
Murukumo is from Imperial Japan, so would that make him a Nazi? Either way, it doesn't make him any less evil. Also, where is this fascist allegory you are talking about?
Okay, but I'm sure it isn't - OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS THAT.
Backwards movement: Floating like the evil overlord you are.
Forward movement:

She definitely works and seems much more likely then Alder. It is interesting he was chosen over the other generic Nazi archetype.
Yeah, and the fact that she is prime time waifu material makes it even more likely. Oh, btw, I actually think I found something that explains what Perfect is in relation to Mycale and Kati. It was from a Youtube comment explaining story stuff, but it kinda makes sense. Apparently she is an alternate universe version of Mycale. That is all I know, but I assume that she took over her universes world, as Mycale's ending has her bear a striking resemblance to Perfecti while she is sending out a mass produced army of Blitztanks to enact world domination(Apparently Blitztanks are powered by blitz engines(Go figure), so her figuring out how to make them through Akatsuki's was very bad(At least, that is ho wI think she figured it out)). If that's the case, then Perfecti getting into BBTAG would be quite fitting, as she already has plans of cross dimensional domination.

Ahhhhh, interesting... That is the sign of a good meta, I suppose. I wonder how the tank will rank in BBTAG's tier list.

That is, uh, a very exact move. I assume there is some deep cultural reference with the fish that I am not getting?
Idk, how would giant zoning characters fair in BBTAG?

Beats me. It's kinda funny though.
That is fair. Based on her design, I think she would be a character I'd like in a generic fighting game. This just seems like more psuedo-historical chaos then the average fighting game haha.
There is some charm to having some modern military to clash with the old. Also, I decided to learn more about her gameplay and found out something that took me off guard.

She is the grappler of the game. That's right, she is the Aktsuki Blitzzkampf equivalent to Iron Tager, Kanji and Waldstein. That's... pretty dang awesome.

Ahhhh, that is fair. I like her as well, plus she'd aethestically have some good contrast with the rest of the BBTAG waifu squad. I don't think she is needed right away, but I'd like to see her join eventually.
As I found out above, it's not the waifu's she will be contrasting the most. I won't lie, that one bit of knowledge has caused me to toss the pity vote and legitimately really want her. And heck, since each series is quick to put in a character that has her playstyle, she might come sooner than expected.
That is fair, though I'd never say never! Depending on how long the game survives, they could add characters not in the current announcer clips.
That is a lot of characters to go through though.

Mycale does still seem really cool. Perfecti seems more interesting, but having Kati and not Mycale is odd... Maybe they just really want her to interact with Platinum?
Or anyone from Arcana Heart.
Elektrosoldat continues the very literal allegories in an interesting way! Solid theme and solid character premise. I do understand the decision to exclude him though, while the character interactions could be interesting, I'm not sure it would be much more interesting then other clone-heavy and body-swapping characters. The music does seem pretty great too.
It's interesting how Murokumo and Adler go about using clones. Murokumo uses clones of himself to put himself in direct positions power, while Adler pretty much makes an army of himself purely for domination. I guess I can agree with that, especially since AB alone has so many cases of cloning and body related shenanigans. And I guess we also have a morality struggle in the form of Merkava.

Edit: Out of curiosity, when you say the music is great, do you mean just the track I linked or the soundtrack in general. If it is the ladder, what theme did you like the most?
Marilyn seems like a standard femme fatale in some ways - I am definitely noticing the female characters seem to be very reliavant on observing and subverting tropes, with the expection of Perfecti. Having her be tied to the One Child Program definitely is an instant way to make her darker and more complex though, as she probably had a rough childhood...
I think the way AB handles it's characters is what makes this game such an interesting thing to look into. Sure, it's a wacky World War 2 inspired fighting game where you can have an old man try and dice up a skull tank with a Katana, but all of the characters have something of interest and something to say. It's a tone like no other I have seen, which make sit stand out all the more when it comes to the other series in BBTAG. The fact that it's gameplay is more like something from SF3 or SNK vs. Capcom(At least, that is how I have heard it described) makes it stand out even more so.

Anyway, back to Marilyn. Her backstory and origin in such a dark thing in history certainly adds more to her character. A shame that it would likely have no opportunity to be addressed in BBTAG, being a battle of the multiverse and all. As for Perfect, perhaps what I found out about her above could change that a bit?
Anonym is a nun with a gun. Neat. I am surprised she isn't in the roster honestly, but I guess that may have some unpopular-ish religious implications if they let Yang punch a nun.
I guess I can see that. A shame she won't be able to bond with Noel over being practitioners of the art of double guns.
Tempelritter looks very out of place design-wise, but sounds cool enough I suppose. Valkyrie being the name of the bad guy seems odd, given how it is the name of the famous attempt to overthrow the Nazi regime (kind of, the operation went by a variety of names and Valkyrie was actually a never executed plan, but it's the famous name).
I will chalk it up to En-Eins Perfektewelt being just weird in general. She definitly seems more style over substance from what I have seen, which is a shame after all the previous characters. I think I mentioned it before, but En-Eins Perfektewelt is not that well liked in the community for trying to be much lighter and changing the aesthetic, which caused it to lose a bit of the charm the previous games had. Going off the characters added in the game, I can understand those feelinga. They don't feel quite like the characters that came before(With the exception of Kati to an extent, but that is because of her relation to Mycale).

Thank you. Previously I had a TMS#FE background, so I figured it should update that too.
Were you rooting for someone from TMS#FE?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I am not sure. They all seem about even(Except BlazBlue, which has more) when it comes to how many characters they have in the announcer files, so I feel like they are going to try and add in all the franchises at a similar rate.
True... BB does have a lot of clone characters though (mechanically, not lore-wise), so IDK how likely it is we will get all of those... The number of franchises make it hard to divide them up evenly if they were to stick to the 3-packs they've liked so far though - especially as one imagines they'd want to space RWBY and SK out...

Yeah, having Nazi's hunt you down is bad enough as it is.
He doesn't have an easy life. It isn't getting easier.

Sounds made up as hell. I doubt Rooster Teeth has that sort of power(I can see them requesting that the RWBY characters are not put into anything perverted, but they wouldn't be able to ban the use of Relius). There was a time where Warner Bros Japan asked if Rooster Teeth could include a hot spring episode in the future, but it was swated down because that is their show. Plus, I don't think ArcSys or Rooster Teeth would let info like that slip. The fact that Relius is still in the announcer files also makes me think he is still very much possible.
All solid points. I agree it sounds fake; I just am not used to people bothering to fake things about BBTAG - I didn't think the speculation scene was big enough for people to care to lie about it haha. Relius could also easily just coffin up the RWBY cast if need be, as I think you mentioned earlier.

Murukumo is from Imperial Japan, so would that make him a Nazi? Either way, it doesn't make him any less evil. Also, where is this fascist allegory you are talking about?
Oh, right. General authoritarian then! The notion of replacing people in government positions with literal clones sounds like allegory for how actual authoritarians rise to power through replacing people with like-minded people who will always follow the will of the leader. It also sounds super clever as far as interpretations of those sort of power struggles goes!

Backwards movement: Floating like a the evil overlord you are.
Forward movement:
Yes. I am very confused and also want him in BBTAG more now.

Yeah, and the fact that she is prime time waifu material makes it even more likely. Oh, btw, I actually think I found something that explains what Perfect is in relation to Mycale and Kati. It was from a Youtube comment explaining story stuff, but it kinda makes sense. Apparently she is an alternate universe version of Mycale. That is all I know, but I assume that she took over her universes world, as Mycale's ending has her bear a striking resemblance to Perfecti while she is sending out a mass produced army of Blitztanks to enact world domination(Apparently Blitztanks are powered by blitz engines(Go figure), so her figuring out how to make them through Akatsuki's was very bad(At least, that is ho wI think she figured it out)). If that's the case, then Perfecti getting into BBTAG would be quite fitting, as she already has plans of cross dimensional domination.

Oh, interesting! That does make some sense, I suppose. Blitztanks being powered by blitz engines is a good naming convention - nicely straightfoward! She'd be a great villain then too - if they have NPCs in the story mode who will later become DLC characters, then she'd work as a person controlling the actually-playable tanks!

Idk, how would giant zoning characters fair in BBTAG?
Well, given how the game's upper-level meta is more structured around assists and cross combos, I guess it depends on how good he is at those? I do wonder how he will work for assists, just given his size...

There is some charm to having some modern military to clash with the old. Also, I decided to learn more about her gameplay and found out something that took me off guard.

She is the grappler of the game. That's right, she is the Aktsuki Blitzzkampf equivalent to Iron Tager, Kanji and Waldstein. That's... pretty dang awesome.
Yeah, I like the contrasting styles of this game for sure. And uhhhhh. Wow. Okay. I would not have predicted that. Definitely a twist.

As I found out above, it's not the waifu's she will be contrasting the most. I won't lie, that one bit of knowledge has caused me to toss the pity vote and legitimately really want her. And heck, since each series is quick to put in a character that has her playstyle, she might come sooner than expected.
Yeah, uh, definitely fasttracking her to the top of my hopes and predictions as well then (well, still after Perfecti, but soon-ish).

that is a lot of characters to go through though.
True as well. I don't think we'll get every single BB character though, as mentioned above, and SK was notably datamined back during version 1.0, so I wouldn't be shocked if we got new fates and new characters before every announcer voice clip datamined was released.

Or anyone from Arcana Heart.
Equally possible. Either way, I bet she'll be added, as I don't think she's the type of character you'd have the announcer read the name of unless you have a plan for her...

t's interesting how Murokumo and Adler go about using clones. Murokumo uses clones of himself to put himself in direct positions power, while Adler pretty much makes an army of himself purely for domination. I guess I can agree with that, especially since AB alone has so many cases of cloning and body related shenanigans. And I guess we also have a morality struggle in the form of Merkava.
Yeah, that is a neat divergence. I like it. Linne is going to have a lot to say to these people - most of it not positive.

Edit: Out of curiosity, when you say the music is great, do you mean just the track I linked or the soundtrack in general. If it is the ladder, what theme did you like the most?
I won't claim I have listened to every song super closely, but I did peruse the soundtrack in general. Anonym's theme definitely stuck out in my mind for whatever reason.

I think the way AB handles it's characters is what makes this game such an interesting thing to look into. Sure, it's a wacky World War 2 inspired fighting game where you can have an old man try and dice up a skull tank with a Katana, but all of the characters have something of interest and something to say. It's a tone like no other I have seen, which make sit stand out all the more when it comes to the other series in BBTAG. The fact that it's gameplay is more like something from SF3 or SNK vs. Capcom(At least, that is how I have heard it described) makes it stand out even more so.
Yeah, I get that. The characters seem very gripping - design-wise and in how they tell the story of a grim world. All of the games in BBTAG are unique in their own way, but this is definitely one it is easier to grip your teeth into...

Anyway, back to Marilyn. Her backstory and origin in such a dark thing in history certainly adds more to her character. A shame that it would likely have no opportunity to be addressed in BBTAG, being a battle of the multiverse and all. As for Perfect, perhaps what I found out about her above could change that a bit?
Yeah, definitely... Perfecti does still stand out a bit to me, but I suppose she's a variation on the tropes about evil magical women in general. It's just less of a common thing in anime?

I guess I can see that. A shame she won't be able to bond with Noel over being practitioners of the art of double guns.
A shame indeed...

I will chalk it up to En-Eins Perfektewelt being just weird in general. She definitly seems more style over substance from what I have seen, which is a shame after all the previous characters. I think I mentioned it before, but En-Eins Perfektewelt is not that well liked in the community for trying to be much lighter and changing the aesthetic, which caused it to lose a bit of the charm the previous games had. Going off the characters added in the game, I can understand those feelinga. They don't feel quite like the characters that came before(With the exception of Kati to an extent, but that is because of her relation to Mycale).
Yeah, these new characters just seem very very very odd. Not inherently bad, but just very out-of-place - like, more out of place then Akatsuki was in Under-Night. Really an odd one.

Were you rooting for someone from TMS#FE?
Not as a playable character, no. I was hoping for a TMS#FE stage back before Ultimate's concept was revealed and for Tsubasa (the story's portagonist, as the player character is just kind of an aid to the real plot) to be an Assist Trophy when I realized a stage wasn't happening. I was unironically happy she got a spirit though!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
True... BB does have a lot of clone characters though (mechanically, not lore-wise), so IDK how likely it is we will get all of those... The number of franchises make it hard to divide them up evenly if they were to stick to the 3-packs they've liked so far though - especially as one imagines they'd want to space RWBY and SK out...
With 3 extra fates to take into account, I imagine the DLC process will change in some way, I am just not sure how. There is just so much more to take into account.
All solid points. I agree it sounds fake; I just am not used to people bothering to fake things about BBTAG - I didn't think the speculation scene was big enough for people to care to lie about it haha. Relius could also easily just coffin up the RWBY cast if need be, as I think you mentioned earlier.
I am guessing it was just an assumption that went awry because of how some people perceive RWBY and Rooster Teeth. As for Relius could take astral the RWBY cast, there is plenty of way they could be captured without any problems. Trap Yang in a machine that threatens to cut her hair, trap Weiss in a reference to her home life, animal cone Blake, etc.

Oh, right. General authoritarian then! The notion of replacing people in government positions with literal clones sounds like allegory for how actual authoritarians rise to power through replacing people with like-minded people who will always follow the will of the leader. It also sounds super clever as far as interpretations of those sort of power struggles goes!
That makes a lot of sense. I will say, it makes me wonder how he would try and gain power in BBTAG, especially if he doesn't have an opportunity to drop some clones.
Yes. I am very confused and also want him in BBTAG more now.
I am sure people will meme it the moment they see it it in BBTAG. That is, if the updated sprite doesn't make it less silly.
Oh, interesting! That does make some sense, I suppose. Blitztanks being powered by blitz engines is a good naming convention - nicely straightfoward! She'd be a great villain then too - if they have NPCs in the story mode who will later become DLC characters, then she'd work as a person controlling the actually-playable tanks!
Something you might find interesting about Blitztank, it is currently one of a kind and was once a man. That skull isn't for decoration. It's story mode has it remain silent for a time, but after an encounter with Akatsuki, it begins to recall that it could once think and starts to slowly talk. Naturally, this leads to it going after it's masters, capping off with the image below. The fact that Mycale starts to mass produce them in her ending is horrifying in hindsight. It's a good thing that the Blitztank as of now is one of a kind, as the design was revoked along with what it was originally planned before mass production.

So yeah, we get to play as a tank in BBTAG! Y a y.

Back to Perfecti, I imagine she would have an interaction with Blitztank that references the connection between them if she got in.
Well, given how the game's upper-level meta is more structured around assists and cross combos, I guess it depends on how good he is at those? I do wonder how he will work for assists, just given his size...
The idea of Blitztank just rolling into existance to fire a laser, then ducking out is certainly an image.
Yeah, I like the contrasting styles of this game for sure. And uhhhhh. Wow. Okay. I would not have predicted that. Definitely a twist.
I should've realized this earlier, but I was so focused on the other characters that her gameplay flew completely under my radar. Now it makes all the difference, as now her design seems so much more interesting now that I know how she fights.

Yeah, uh, definitely fasttracking her to the top of my hopes and predictions as well then (well, still after Perfecti, but soon-ish).
Amazing how one detail changed our entire perception of her.
True as well. I don't think we'll get every single BB character though, as mentioned above, and SK was notably datamined back during version 1.0, so I wouldn't be shocked if we got new fates and new characters before every announcer voice clip datamined was released.
Yeah, new fates are certainly possible, especially with those two slots on the left and right being open and ready to complete the diamond shape. I imagine one of the next new fates will be Melty Blood, as Eltnum was found among the Under Night characters(Much like Akatsuki) in the announcer leak.

Equally possible. Either way, I bet she'll be added, as I don't think she's the type of character you'd have the announcer read the name of unless you have a plan for her...
Yeah, the fact that they made the very clear choice of Kati over Mycale makes me think that they are sure about her. It's just too notable a choice.
Yeah, that is a neat divergence. I like it. Linne is going to have a lot to say to these people - most of it not positive.
Does Linne have some opinion on cloning? Right now the only body snatching related characters that could be in BBTAG are Perfecti and Kati.

Also, I would like to inform an interesting trait of Adler I learned. In German, Adler means Eagle, which is quite emblematic of tons of blazons across German history, including the Nazi flag. Considering that and Adler's research into ancestry, his name makes a ton of sense.
I won't claim I have listened to every song super closely, but I did peruse the soundtrack in general. Anonym's theme definitely stuck out in my mind for whatever reason.
It is certainly a stand out, but I can't quite figure out why as well.
Yeah, I get that. The characters seem very gripping - design-wise and in how they tell the story of a grim world. All of the games in BBTAG are unique in their own way, but this is definitely one it is easier to grip your teeth into...
It's all delightfully simple, especially when you compare it to the monster that is the BlazBlue story, the long time sink of Persona 4, the show nature of RWBY and Under Night... Well, I wouldn't know. I haven't looked that into Under Night story wise.
Yeah, definitely... Perfecti does still stand out a bit to me, but I suppose she's a variation on the tropes about evil magical women in general. It's just less of a common thing in anime?
Crazy how a change of medium can affect characters. I certainly would never picture meeting an alternate reality version of an evil witch armed with a gun lance in any normal anime. This is the kind of stuff obscure Japanese fighting games make.
Yeah, these new characters just seem very very very odd. Not inherently bad, but just very out-of-place - like, more out of place then Akatsuki was in Under-Night. Really an odd one.
They are certainly not bad, I could see them fitting in any number of other games, just not the one they showed up in. And in Under Night, Akatsuki and Eltnum were so out of place that the game started to break the forth wall(And in Eltnum's case, she did. She fully knew she was in a different game(And refers to everyone else as rookies and such, as Under Night is a spiritual successor to Melty Blood), though in-universe she may very well just be a delusional girl with amazing power. Strangely, Akatsuki plays his character completely strait in comparison, so it's up to Linne and hyde to point out how bizarre it is that he wandered int the Night. Even more strangely, Eltnum see's Akatsuki as her superior despite the fact that Melty Blood still predates Akatsuki Blitzkampf by one year. Still, it's quite hilarious how Akatsuki reacts), so these 3 being even more out of place really says something.

Not as a playable character, no. I was hoping for a TMS#FE stage back before Ultimate's concept was revealed and for Tsubasa (the story's portagonist, as the player character is just kind of an aid to the real plot) to be an Assist Trophy when I realized a stage wasn't happening. I was unironically happy she got a spirit though!
I am quite happy that so many unexpected franchises got represented because of spirits.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
With 3 extra fates to take into account, I imagine the DLC process will change in some way, I am just not sure how. There is just so much more to take into account.
Yeah... So many factors. We'll see! Hopefully that gets covered sometime soon-ish...

I am guessing it was just an assumption that went awry because of how some people perceive RWBY and Rooster Teeth. As for Relius could take astral the RWBY cast, there is plenty of way they could be captured without any problems. Trap Yang in a machine that threatens to cut her hair, trap Weiss in a reference to her home life, animal cone Blake, etc.
Yeah, that would make sense... Rumors are good at that... I know someone somewhere was suggesting just having the cast be locked in coffins with their weapons on top, which seemed like a less-expensive way to avoid it having bondage. They definitely could just find creative ways to suspend the RWBY cast in unconvential ways instead though, especially if they wanted more unique moves.

That makes a lot of sense. I will say, it makes me wonder how he would try and gain power in BBTAG, especially if he doesn't have an opportunity to drop some clones.
Thanks! That is an interesting question... I guess he'll have to rely on recruitment and tricking people?

I am sure people will meme it the moment they see it it in BBTAG. That is, if the updated sprite doesn't make it less silly.
I feel like that is something you both have to change somewhat, because seriously, but also they can't change the entire thing because... Well... You can't change that.

Something you might find interesting about Blitztank, it is currently one of a kind and was once a man. That skull isn't for decoration. It's story mode has it remain silent for a time, but after an encounter with Akatsuki, it begins to recall that it could once think and starts to slowly talk. Naturally, this leads to it going after it's masters, capping off with the image below. The fact that Mycale starts to mass produce them in her ending is horrifying in hindsight. It's a good thing that the Blitztank as of now is one of a kind, as the design was revoked along with what it was originally planned before mass production.

So yeah, we get to play as a tank in BBTAG! Y a y.
WELL THEN. Definitely didn't see that one coming... Definitely very very very very very dark. Also reminds me of a recent webcomic artist's random set of comics about a human brain being put inside of an aquarium trivia machine.

Back to Perfecti, I imagine she would have an interaction with Blitztank that references the connection between them if she got in.
I suppose. I almost want to keep this from the regular BBTAG fans. They live such naive and happy meme-filled lives, EarlTamm. Why would we ruin it.

The idea of Blitztank just rolling into existance to fire a laser, then ducking out is certainly an image.
Yes. And also falling from the sky to avenge its fallen companion.

I should've realized this earlier, but I was so focused on the other characters that her gameplay flew completely under my radar. Now it makes all the difference, as now her design seems so much more interesting now that I know how she fights.
Yeah, I also haven't been paying much to the concept of gameplay here either TBH. The story seems engrossing enough.

Amazing how one detail changed our entire perception of her.
Yeah, definitely. Good job defying that trope again, AB!

Yeah, new fates are certainly possible, especially with those two slots on the left and right being open and ready to complete the diamond shape. I imagine one of the next new fates will be Melty Blood, as Eltnum was found among the Under Night characters(Much like Akatsuki) in the announcer leak.
Oooo, good catch! Melty Blood would definitely make a lot of sense. Skull Girls, as you touched on earlier, sounds like a likely pick. They could also dive into Guilty Gear or Double Dragon or River City, as they own those. They could also use any of the IPs they have licensed before, like Kill la Kill or Granblue... I know Dengeki Bunko has been requested a lot due to the French Bread connection too, though I feel like that'd be a licensing nightmare... Otherwise, if we need new franchises, Fate/ seems to be the most requested by far. Dan wants Doki Doki in it, but neither fandom latched onto the idea, plus it feels more Flash-in-the-Pan then RWBY as far as "Western Media Inspired by Japan that Becomes Loved in Japan" goes.

Yeah, the fact that they made the very clear choice of Kati over Mycale makes me think that they are sure about her. It's just too notable a choice.
Yeah. It is notable in its weirdness.

Does Linne have some opinion on cloning? Right now the only body snatching related characters that could be in BBTAG are Perfecti and Kati.
I mean, she has opinions on how one alters the soul and moves it around. Cloning is still touching the taboo she doesn't like already...

Also, I would like to inform an interesting trait of Adler I learned. In German, Adler means Eagle, which is quite emblematic of tons of blazons across German history, including the Nazi flag. Considering that and Adler's research into ancestry, his name makes a ton of sense.
Ahhhhhhhh, that is a good reference. Nice wordplay!

It is certainly a stand out, but I can't quite figure out why as well.
I think it's something about the vocals at the start and the general... religish sound?

It's all delightfully simple, especially when you compare it to the monster that is the BlazBlue story, the long time sink of Persona 4, the show nature of RWBY and Under Night... Well, I wouldn't know. I haven't looked that into Under Night story wise.
True. Under-Night is, well, roughly similar in complexity to this? I think? Just less grounded in recongizable historical events and archetypes.

Crazy how a change of medium can affect characters. I certainly would never picture meeting an alternate reality version of an evil witch armed with a gun lance in any normal anime. This is the kind of stuff obscure Japanese fighting games make.
Yeah, definitely. She would probably seem less unique in other contexts TBH, but this one is definitely an odd one.

They are certainly not bad, I could see them fitting in any number of other games, just not the one they showed up in. And in Under Night, Akatsuki and Eltnum were so out of place that the game started to break the forth wall(And in Eltnum's case, she did. She fully knew she was in a different game(And refers to everyone else as rookies and such, as Under Night is a spiritual successor to Melty Blood), though in-universe she may very well just be a delusional girl with amazing power. Strangely, Akatsuki plays his character completely strait in comparison, so it's up to Linne and hyde to point out how bizarre it is that he wandered int the Night. Even more strangely, Eltnum see's Akatsuki as her superior despite the fact that Melty Blood still predates Akatsuki Blitzkampf by one year. Still, it's quite hilarious how Akatsuki reacts), so these 3 being even more out of place really says something.
That is very true - I played Eltnum's story first in Under-Night not knowing she was a guest character, which confused the heck out of me. These three are just really odd in this context, even if their designs seem cool enough in general.

I am quite happy that so many unexpected franchises got represented because of spirits.
Agreed. I know not everyone likes them and I believe Sakurai himself has said he's unsure if they will come back next game, but I like how they represent so much of Nintendo's history at once.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah... So many factors. We'll see! Hopefully that gets covered sometime soon-ish...
Well, tomorrow will be that ArcSys event I mentioned before. Doubt this exactly will be covered, but it's still something we could probably use to speculate.

Thanks! That is an interesting question... I guess he'll have to rely on recruitment and tricking people?
Well, considering the rest of the Gessellschaft upper hierarchy is in the announcer files(With the exception Mycale, but Perfecti is also her, so it's not the biggest deal), I imagine he could start a multiverse Gessellschaft. Maybe he could recruit some of the other franchises villains for the ultimate bad guy team up?
I feel like that is something you both have to change somewhat, because seriously, but also they can't change the entire thing because... Well... You can't change that.
I think the biggest problem with the animation is that he is moving too slow. I get what they are trying to get across, he's moving at speeds so fast that it is hard to see(They do something similar with some of his attacks), but his actual speed is not that crazy.
WELL THEN. Definitely didn't see that one coming... Definitely very very very very very dark. Also reminds me of a recent webcomic artist's random set of comics about a human brain being put inside of an aquarium trivia machine.
Blitztank's backstory was one of the first things I learned when I was looking into AB. Quite the note to start one. And yes, that comic is quite disturbing as well.
I suppose. I almost want to keep this from the regular BBTAG fans. They live such naive and happy meme-filled lives, EarlTamm. Why would we ruin it.
I am just hoping that they decide to give Blitztank a voice for interactions(He says nothing in combat, and the times he does speak is during cutscenes with no voice acting) and it's just this husky, slightly mechanical voice that lingers on every word. I can't wait to see people reaction to that coming out of what was hyped up as such wacky meme.

That does remind me, AB characters are going to be given English voices for the first time. Wish I knew more about VA's so I can make some guesses who they will choose for these characters.
Yes. And also falling from the sky to avenge its fallen companion.
That will be quite the hurtbox.
Yeah, I also haven't been paying much to the concept of gameplay here either TBH. The story seems engrossing enough.
Never been the best fighting game player, so I can agree with this.

Yeah, definitely. Good job defying that trope again, AB!
Seriously, watching her in action reveals quite a number of surprises(Like how she asserts dominance at the end of the video I am linking). I can easily see her getting a lot of fans in BBTAG.
Oooo, good catch! Melty Blood would definitely make a lot of sense. Skull Girls, as you touched on earlier, sounds like a likely pick. They could also dive into Guilty Gear or Double Dragon or River City, as they own those. They could also use any of the IPs they have licensed before, like Kill la Kill or Granblue... I know Dengeki Bunko has been requested a lot due to the French Bread connection too, though I feel like that'd be a licensing nightmare... Otherwise, if we need new franchises, Fate/ seems to be the most requested by far. Dan wants Doki Doki in it, but neither fandom latched onto the idea, plus it feels more Flash-in-the-Pan then RWBY as far as "Western Media Inspired by Japan that Becomes Loved in Japan" goes.
If I were to throw another series into the ring, perhaps they could give Shantae a shot? They are working with WayForward on River City Girls, and the Shantae series feels right up BBTAG's alley. Hyperdimension Neptunia is also a rather popular request. Any number of those could work(With the exception of Doki Doki, of course). Don't think RWBY is that flash-in-the-pan though.

I mean, she has opinions on how one alters the soul and moves it around. Cloning is still touching the taboo she doesn't like already...
Ahh, that makes sense.
I think it's something about the vocals at the start and the general... religish sound?
It's not a combo you hear typically, especially for this genre. The start is definitely very strong.
True. Under-Night is, well, roughly similar in complexity to this? I think? Just less grounded in recongizable historical events and archetypes.
I think it is at a similar level, it's just not as weird and is more typical in it's anime inspirations, which is by no means bad.
That is very true - I played Eltnum's story first in Under-Night not knowing she was a guest character, which confused the heck out of me. These three are just really odd in this context, even if their designs seem cool enough in general.
Yeah, they just don't fit into the Universe of Under Night, which the game recognizes. The only way you can have this sort of crossover make any sort of sense is through space-time shenanigans, which is what BBTAG does. Thank goodness Akatsuki was in Under Night though, as that is likely the main reason he got into BBTAG in the first place. His series would've been overlooked otherwise.

Agreed. I know not everyone likes them and I believe Sakurai himself has said he's unsure if they will come back next game, but I like how they represent so much of Nintendo's history at once.
I guess that is the problem with representing all of Nintendo history at once. There's nothing major left to really add when the sequel rolls around.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, tomorrow will be that ArcSys event I mentioned before. Doubt this exactly will be covered, but it's still something we could probably use to speculate.
Woo-hoo! Hopefully it goes well and we get some solid info out of it. It feels too early to reveal any more newcomers, but I'd like to see some gameplay. Maybe some English dubs, if those are being recorded already...

Well, considering the rest of the Gessellschaft upper hierarchy is in the announcer files(With the exception Mycale, but Perfecti is also her, so it's not the biggest deal), I imagine he could start a multiverse Gessellschaft. Maybe he could recruit some of the other franchises villains for the ultimate bad guy team up?
Yeah, something like that would make sense. I imagine he'll experience the joys of people rebelling against him again though, as recruiting other villains never is a good MO...

I think the biggest problem with the animation is that he is moving too slow. I get what they are trying to get across, he's moving at speeds so fast that it is hard to see(They do something similar with some of his attacks), but his actual speed is not that crazy.
Yeah, exactly. Had he been moving fast, it would have looked at least understandably silly. Maybe he could use it for things like his enterance animations in BBTAG then a get a more normal less distracting animation for the main game?

Blitztank's backstory was one of the first things I learned when I was looking into AB. Quite the note to start one. And yes, that comic is quite disturbing as well.
That is a dark beginning for sure.

I am just hoping that they decide to give Blitztank a voice for interactions(He says nothing in combat, and the times he does speak is during cutscenes with no voice acting) and it's just this husky, slightly mechanical voice that lingers on every word. I can't wait to see people reaction to that coming out of what was hyped up as such wacky meme.
Wow. Yeah, that would be very intense and appropriate. Alternatively, have him usually not speak, until he suddenly does...

That does remind me, AB characters are going to be given English voices for the first time. Wish I knew more about VA's so I can make some guesses who they will choose for these characters.
I know a lot about VAs, but not about which ones can sound German the best, which I imagine is a perquisite for most of this cast...

That will be quite the hurtbox.
Yes. Not that that will be avoidable, unless they casually change how some base mechanics work just to accommodate a tank doing the same animations.

Never been the best fighting game player, so I can agree with this.
People who spend a lot of time speculating about fighting games while also sucking at fighting games unite!

Seriously, watching her in action reveals quite a number of surprises(Like how she asserts dominance at the end of the video I am linking). I can easily see her getting a lot of fans in BBTAG.
She definitely looks cool. That is a solid finisher as well - I like the siloette effect.

If I were to throw another series into the ring, perhaps they could give Shantae a shot? They are working with WayForward on River City Girls, and the Shantae series feels right up BBTAG's alley. Hyperdimension Neptunia is also a rather popular request. Any number of those could work(With the exception of Doki Doki, of course). Don't think RWBY is that flash-in-the-pan though.
Oooooo, maybe? That would be neat - if also kind of funny, as it seems most indie games that don't get into Smash end up inside other crossovers (ex/ Shovel Knight in both Rivals of Aether and Brawlhalla). I forgot about Neptunia - didn't the BBTAG producer directly say he is interested in that one? Either way, I'd be down, even if my knowledge of that franchise is not amazing (I have played one game that was a remaster of the first game, but also acknowledged its status of a remaster and confused me)...

I didn't mean to say that RWBY was flash-in-the-pan at all. I mean that DDLC is, especially when compared to the continued success RWBY had to have in order to get into BBTAG as a franchise. I love DDLC, but it's hard to capitalize on success in the same way when you're a horror game people like to react to online...

It's not a combo you hear typically, especially for this genre. The start is definitely very strong.
Yeah, points for originality on that front. Great song. Hopefully it somehow sneaks into the game without its character...

I think it is at a similar level, it's just not as weird and is more typical in it's anime inspirations, which is by no means bad.
Totally fair. I do like it from what I've played and have been meaning to do a deeper dive sometime...

Yeah, they just don't fit into the Universe of Under Night, which the game recognizes. The only way you can have this sort of crossover make any sort of sense is through space-time shenanigans, which is what BBTAG does. Thank goodness Akatsuki was in Under Night though, as that is likely the main reason he got into BBTAG in the first place. His series would've been overlooked otherwise.
I mean, they fit aesthetically at least, relatively speaking. Space-time shenanigans are always a good fallback plan though and I like how BBTAG leans into it. And, yeah, I imagine that was the main factor, though it has to say something it was chosen above Melty Blood, which is (i) directly made by French Bread and (ii) better-known AFIAK.

I guess that is the problem with representing all of Nintendo history at once. There's nothing major left to really add when the sequel rolls around.
True, in a sense. It's also just a lot of work that doesn't always get rewarded...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Woo-hoo! Hopefully it goes well and we get some solid info out of it. It feels too early to reveal any more newcomers, but I'd like to see some gameplay. Maybe some English dubs, if those are being recorded already...
Gameplay and story info feels like the most likely things they will cover.

Yeah, something like that would make sense. I imagine he'll experience the joys of people rebelling against him again though, as recruiting other villains never is a good MO...
Oh please, he knows those joy's already. I think this TV Tropes entry sums it up better than I can.

Magnificent *******: A good part of the plot in the original game is made by Murakumo and Mycale's struggle to become this and overpower each other: Murakumo has his massive fighting skills, his gift to manipulate other people and his capacity to clone himself and place said clones in very important positions in either The Triads and the Tongs or the Japanese Army to his favor, whereas Mycale is a powerful witch implied to be able to pull Body Surfing and Grand Theft Mes who's just as manipulative as Murakumo and can potentially have the Blitztank armyby her side. Whether one of them comes up on top or not... it seriously depends on whether the player chooses their paths or not - if they do, Murakumo will be seen giving a powerful and very creepy speech as "becomes a living God" and takes over the Earth, or Mycale will be Dressed to Kill as she does the same and sends out the Blitztanks to do her dirty work.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/AkatsukiBlitzkampf

Yeah, exactly. Had he been moving fast, it would have looked at least understandably silly. Maybe he could use it for things like his enterance animations in BBTAG then a get a more normal less distracting animation for the main game?
I can see it going either way.
Wow. Yeah, that would be very intense and appropriate. Alternatively, have him usually not speak, until he suddenly does...
Perhaps his general into, outro, etc. will have him remain silent, but his interactions will be the occasions when he, for for whatever reason, has something to say about it's partner.
I know a lot about VAs, but not about which ones can sound German the best, which I imagine is a perquisite for most of this cast...
It's actually less than you would think. I think the only characters who would require an accent that are eligible for BBTAG are Adler, possibly Perfecti, maybe Kati, and En-Eins depending on a certain factor of his backstory. You just know Adler is going to go all in with the German accent, that much is a guarantee. I am not too sure about the others, as there is a number of factors that could result in it not making sense for them to sound German.

Speaking of Kati and En-Eins, I have some good news and bad news. I found more info on those two! Turns out I should've looked at the stinking wiki page some more(Can't believe it was that simple). The bad news is that I may have made some misconceptions and missed some things, especially in regard to Perfecti's origin, Murakoumo's real name(Seriously, that should have rang warning bells in my brain when I first skimmed over it) and Anonym's fate. It's Wikipedia, so I guess it could also be wrong, but all that is being said makes sense. I am going to put how the page describes all the characters, just so we can all be on the same page.

Also, since I have the feeling you would recognize any significance, does Sae's real name hold any meaning that you recognize?

• Akatsuki: High class technical officer of the Imperial army. Believed to have died in the Arctic oceans at a critical time when the war was coming to its end, during the transportation of a new military unit from an allied country. Fifty years later, he returns alive and unchanged in appearance. Now wielding superhuman abilities, he resumes his mission. He made a guest appearance in French Bread's Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late, and will appear in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle patch 2.0 in November 2019. Voiced by Shinobu Matsumoto (credited Souji Hijikata in his home series) in Japanese, while receiving an English voice in only Cross Tag Battle.
  • Mycale: A witch that belongs to a secret society called "Gesellschaft" (German for "society"); they have been manipulating history from behind the scenes since the Middle Ages. She plans to recover the missing weapon. Later remained as Perfecti as of Ausf. Achseupdate onwards, as well as being replaced by her spiritual replacement and former host Kati in the sequel game En-Eins Perfektewelt. Voiced by Karumagu.
  • Kanae: An intelligence operative, attached to the second office of the Ground Staff Overseeing Department. With the news of Akatsuki's revival, she is ordered to recover a secret "Blitz Engine", lost at the end of the war. Voiced by 754.
  • Sai (real name: Colonel Claude D'Aspremont): Agent for the Xinhua computer company. He, through clandestine means, gathers information throughout the world. Rumors say that behind his sunglasses lurks an evil eye that can kill a man instantly. Voiced by Shion Hibiki.
  • Fritz: A military surgeon who practiced in the Imperial army during the war. Albeit becoming unaccounted for afterwards, he sets off on eliminating all those who have appeared concurrently with Akatsuki's revival. Voiced by Shion Hibiki.
  • Marilyn Sue Dae Jie: An assassin for the continent's largest international mafia "Black Hand" and a master of assassination techniques with basis in, presumably, "Breaking Fist". By plundering the Blitz Engine from Akatsuki, she aims to rise in influence and power. Voiced by Karumagu.
  • Da Wei: A master of Xingyiquan, who, as a cold-blooded assassin, rose up to the ranks of Black Hand's leaders. After his patron was assassinated, Wei searches for the criminal. Voiced by Shinobu Matsumoto (credited Souji Hijikata in his home series).
  • Anonym: An Armed Inquisitor of Heresy, within a religious society - The Sacred Club. She is sent to destroy the headquarters of an organization charged with the heresy of aiding Gesellschaft, the Perfecti Kyōdan. Anonym is a master of the Ranbas-style gun technique, a combination of Chinese self-defense and pistols. There are few Anonym Guards as her replacement in the sequel game En-Eins. Voiced by Strange Heke.
  • Elektrosoldat: Private army of "Gesellschaft", cloned from Adler. Although equipped with the same Blitz Engine as Akatsuki, the connection between them lies shrouded in mystery. However, one soldier begin to oppose Gesellschaft, while at the same time of ended up dying by an unknown disease. Voiced by Kyosuke Amasaki in the first game, later replaced by Yohei Takino after the first game.
  • Blitztank (Denkosensha in Japan): An electrical tank, assumed to have a Blitz Engine as its source of power. According to a copy of the document on new engine research labeled "Gesellschaft", a test piece was developed. However, it was revoked along with the plan itself before the full-scale production could take place. Based on its arcade ending, there are mysterious rumors behind the creation of Blitztanks that the tanks were once humans before being cyberized into living tanks as they are now, by the time when playable Blitztank begin to remember something upon encountering Akatsuki, and progressively attempt to rebel Gesellschaft. It appears alongside Akatsuki in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle.
  • Adler: Formerly, as an officer within the organization "Ahnenerbe", he did research on German ancestry, organization. He participated in excavation of Tibet's ancient heritage, but upon the discovery of the ancient city of Agartha, he uses the science for his own ambitions. He is the originator of Elektrosoldat clone army. Voiced by Kyosuke Amasaki in the first game, later replaced by Nagase Reiji after the first game.
  • Murakumo (real name: Akatsuki Zero): The final boss of the first game. At the time of the previous war, he was a military officer stationed in Germany who planned actions for an inspection group on military affairs. In this position, he got in touch with a religious society called Perfecti Kyōdan, and established the Military Technique Research facility, nicknamed "Gesellschaft". Towards the end of the war news from Berlin is interrupted. He was the original Akatsuki before the main protagonist himself. Voiced by Shinobu Matsumoto (credited Souji Hijikata in his home series).
  • Perfecti (Kanzensha in Japan): The current sub-boss of the series. The current form of the witch Mycale after leaving Kati's body, and presumably possessing one of the original Anonym as her presumable current host. She was originally a mere palette swap of Mycale in Akatsuki Blitzkampf prior being re-introduce in Ausf. Achse update as her own character and the second round’s sub-boss of the said update after defeating Mycale. Voiced by Kyoko Utsumi.
  • En-Eins: The sole survivor of Gesellschaft's cloning batch, En-Eins aims to stop the evil military organization to avenge his clone "siblings". Voiced by Ai Nishimura.
  • Kati: Former host of Mycale after the latter becoming a separate entity known as Perfecti. As Kati now freed from Mycale, she replaces Mycale’s spot as a playable character. Voiced by Kaori Ota.
  • Anonym Guard: The original Anonym's replacement, after the original's disappearance, and presumably possessed by Mycale and becoming Perfecti. One of the guards begin to search for her whereabout. Voiced by Strange Heke.
  • Tempelritter: Are the female clones of Valkyria, serving as "Gesellschaft"'s foot soldiers like Elektrosoldat.
  • Valkyria: The non-playable final boss of the second game. She, like Adler, also have let themselves being cloned to mass produce Tempelritter and Elektrosoldat army. She briefly appeared as part of Perfecti’s Reflector moves, until properly made her debut in sequel En-Eins. Due to her status a power-up version of Tempelritter, such as can use EX/Super gauge moves infinitely, even after “Perfekwelt” being used, it is highly recommended for the players to prepare a Reflector against her.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akatsuki_Blitzkampf

At least the En-Eins characters are starting to make more sense to me. Well, except for one thing in regard to En-Eins himself.
People who spend a lot of time speculating about fighting games while also sucking at fighting games unite!
I can unite under that.

She definitely looks cool. That is a solid finisher as well - I like the siloette effect.
I am just going to say, I decided to take a look at the top 8 they had AB at last years AnimEVO(Video below) and one of the first things that is said in the video is how Kanae is one of the strongest grapplers of all time.
That threw me for a loop.
Oooooo, maybe? That would be neat - if also kind of funny, as it seems most indie games that don't get into Smash end up inside other crossovers (ex/ Shovel Knight in both Rivals of Aether and Brawlhalla). I forgot about Neptunia - didn't the BBTAG producer directly say he is interested in that one? Either way, I'd be down, even if my knowledge of that franchise is not amazing (I have played one game that was a remaster of the first game, but also acknowledged its status of a remaster and confused me)...
Shantae hasn't appeared in a fighting game yet, so perhaps BBTAG could be her debut? As for Neptunia, While I am not sure what has been said, I just know having personified video game consoles get in on this crossover would be surreal.
I didn't mean to say that RWBY was flash-in-the-pan at all. I mean that DDLC is, especially when compared to the continued success RWBY had to have in order to get into BBTAG as a franchise. I love DDLC, but it's hard to capitalize on success in the same way when you're a horror game people like to react to online...
It's fine, I thought that was what you meant from how we have discussed RWBY, it just wasn't worded like it. I like DDLC as well, but it would not fit. Doesn't help that there is little roster potential.

Yeah, points for originality on that front. Great song. Hopefully it somehow sneaks into the game without its character...
On the not so bright side, Anonym's technically in the game still if Wikipedia is to be believed. Just not in the way most of would find pleasant.
I mean, they fit aesthetically at least, relatively speaking. Space-time shenanigans are always a good fallback plan though and I like how BBTAG leans into it. And, yeah, I imagine that was the main factor, though it has to say something it was chosen above Melty Blood, which is (i) directly made by French Bread and (ii) better-known AFIAK.
I heard about Melty Blood a long time ago(And that was back in the days of me knowing little of fighting games), so I think it was rather popular back in the day. Makes you wonder why BBTAG had Akatsuki Blitzkampf in first, or why Under Night chose Aktsuki as a guest in the first place(Since Eltnum seemed to idolize Akatsuki, I can only assume French Bread had similar feelings towards the franchise).

Edit:
Well, here is some P5R news.
https://personacentral.com/new-persona-5-royal-screenshots-dungeon-elements-overview/

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the new palace is literally a stage complete with lights and a vaguely-crystal ball thing

1565904010729.png

i wonder if it could possibly hold any significance to the dancer

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
makes me think of a ballroom crossed with a hint of futuristic tech
Possibly. Now that I think about it more though, that first photo with the giant stage almost reminds me of the Olympic Flame, as it is a giant structure with something bright at the top. Kasumi is an accomplished athlete, so perhaps that has something to do with it?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
seems worth noting that kasumi's awakening takes place in the new final palace

1565905765831.png

feeling pretty convinced that she stays out of the picture for most of the game then gets relevant as the third semester kicks in

probably unlocks her five confidant stages after each palace is taken down, giving her thoughts on the thieves' actions, the unlocks the remaining five in the third semester arc as she joins the party in proper

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
seems worth noting that kasumi's awakening takes place in the new final palace

View attachment 234775

feeling pretty convinced that she stays out of the picture for most of the game then gets relevant as the third semester kicks in

probably unlocks her five confidant stages after each palace is taken down, giving her thoughts on the thieves' actions, the unlocks the remaining five in the third semester arc as she joins the party in proper
I feel like she will still find a way to be impactful till she gets her Persona, as she still shows up for the Casino. She might be pulling a Haru and going in with little Persona power.

Top Bottom