• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's fair. I can last about a month. I will stay spoiler-free when games release worldwide though. I still don't know how Three Houses will end...
You may have told me, but what route are you on?
It probably is just a coincidence, but there were some odd things that seemed exclusive to RWBY characters. Like, they also regularly have subtitles and the voice lines not quite match - the meaning is always the same, but the phrasing is not, as if things were being translated by different people different times... I definitely agree it sets itself up for a continuation in a vague general way. P4 was just maximum fanservice, but I like the idea of it haha.
It's probably has something to do with all of the RWBY voice actors being in-house, making things a bit more complicated. And with P4, it's because it's maximum fanservice that makes it so attractive.
I assume they're just giving them the rights to the River City Ransom IP?
I didn't know they owned it.
Given the pudding ending, I was thinking the sign wouldn't be too silly in a story mode.
Fair, but that was an ending. A character pulling a Wile E. Coyote may be a bit hard to fit in without humorous context. The pudding ending was very silly though. Not so much to the standard of a joke ending(That would go to the P4 ending), but still unexpectedly hilarious.
Oh, yes, Neo being an emote seems obligatory. And oh goodness, yes, there will be a chibi tank army. I will not be swayed though!
What, you maining a specific chibi?
Oh, interesting. I was expecting it to be spread out across the other franchises pretty evenly, so this is a surprise to me. One of the characters with puppets (so, Celica, Carl, or Relius) could be fun to put up against the Persona cast, though idk how they'd balance them... Otherwise, I'm honestly the least familiar with the story of BB and don't have a huge attachment to any characters (at least compared to RWBY, Persona, and Under-Night). What are your hopes?
Now that you say it, I want Relius Clover. Not only would it be sweet to get some more villains, but the candy on top would be his finisher. It would take alot of work to pull off, but I think it would pay off. If I had to choose another, it would be Izanami because of the P4 cast.

amageish

Smash Master
You may have told me, but what route are you on?
I started with Black Eagles. I plan on playing it three times anyway, so I figured I'd just start with the one Nintendo seems to have pushed the most. HBU?

It's probably has something to do with all of the RWBY voice actors being in-house, making things a bit more complicated. And with P4, it's because it's maximum fanservice that makes it so attractive.
Yeah, probably. It's just striking that the problem seems unique to RWBY. I agree about P4. I also just really want to see everyone else in P4 school uniforms...

I didn't know they owned it.
Yeah, I don't know how it ended up being theirs, but they do own it now.

Fair, but that was an ending. A character pulling a Wile E. Coyote may be a bit hard to fit in without humorous context. The pudding ending was very silly though. Not so much to the standard of a joke ending(That would go to the P4 ending), but still unexpectedly hilarious.
True. It was silly, but not full-on Loony Tunes I suppose. We'll see how silly these new story moments are... I'd be surprised if she doesn't get a sign SOMEWHERE at least.

What, you maining a specific chibi?
My dedication to Yukiko in BBTAG in spite of her low-tier status and my neutrality on her role in P4 itself has become a running joke with my friends and I need to keep it up. One day my Yukiko/Weiss pair will take over the world!

Now that you say it, I want Relius Clover. Not only would it be sweet to get some more villains, but the candy on top would be his finisher. It would take alot of work to pull off, but I think it would pay off. If I had to choose another, it would be Izanami because of the P4 cast.
That would be super awesome. His finisher customized for everyone would definitely be amazing, even if it is a lot of work. His regular moveset would be interesting to see converted into BBTAG's system as well, in addition to his general style. Inzami would be super cool for the crossover element for sure as well.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I started with Black Eagles. I plan on playing it three times anyway, so I figured I'd just start with the one Nintendo seems to have pushed the most. HBU?
Don't have the game, but I know all that has happened in the Black Eagles route. How far are you?
Yeah, probably. It's just striking that the problem seems unique to RWBY. I agree about P4. I also just really want to see everyone else in P4 school uniforms...
Well, at least it won't be a problem with Neo. They may have also figured out how to fix the problem, since it's been awhile and all. And yes, seeing characters in Yasogami uniforms is great. I love that they do the typical Persona thing and wear the uniform to match their personal style(Ragna with the t shirt, Hyde with his belts and Ruby wearing her classic hood). Makes them feel like Persona protags.
True. It was silly, but not full-on Loony Tunes I suppose. We'll see how silly these new story moments are... I'd be surprised if she doesn't get a sign SOMEWHERE at least.
It will be somewhere, it's just a matter of where ArkSys is feeling the most cheeky. It's hard to determine what Neo will be like in story wise, as she seems to be post Vol 3 while the rest of the cast is pre vol 3(When she does her super, she's wearing Roman's hat).
My dedication to Yukiko in BBTAG in spite of her low-tier status and my neutrality on her role in P4 itself has become a running joke with my friends and I need to keep it up. One day my Yukiko/Weiss pair will take over the world!
That, and in early BBTAG she was everyone's punching bag.
That would be super awesome. His finisher customized for everyone would definitely be amazing, even if it is a lot of work. His regular moveset would be interesting to see converted into BBTAG's system as well, in addition to his general style. Inzami would be super cool for the crossover element for sure as well.
Man, if I can find the time, I would totally speculate what all of the Relius finishers would be. The idea is just that fun. Besides that, I feel like Relius could also have a ton of potential story wise. Considering his research into the soul, characters from Persona and RWBY could be great potential test subjects to him. He seems like the surefire way of making the story a bit more dark. I am also curious to see how they would address Izanami's involvement in Blazblue and P4.

You know, I wonder if there would ever be the opportunity for a P5 character to make it into BBTAG. Would be a neat way of testing the waters.

amageish

Smash Master
Don't have the game, but I know all that has happened in the Black Eagles route. How far are you?
Not very far, unfortunately. Chapter 5.

Well, at least it won't be a problem with Neo. They may have also figured out how to fix the problem, since it's been awhile and all. And yes, seeing characters in Yasogami uniforms is great. I love that they do the typical Persona thing and wear the uniform to match their personal style(Ragna with the t shirt, Hyde with his belts and Ruby wearing her classic hood). Makes them feel like Persona protags.
Lol. That is true. I also don't really think it is a big deal, but just amusing. Yes, I do really love how everyone spiced up their Yasogami uniforms. It'd be fantastic to see the rest of the cast, plus some of the new franchises. Let's slap a Yasogami emblem onto that tank and call it a day.

It will be somewhere, it's just a matter of where ArkSys is feeling the most cheeky. It's hard to determine what Neo will be like in story wise, as she seems to be post Vol 3 while the rest of the cast is pre vol 3(When she does her super, she's wearing Roman's hat).
Oh, that is an interesting point I had not considered... I mean, I suppose she wouldn't be able to communicate any of her knowledge that the others do not have? Unless they do rely on a tonne of signs in the story mode, but that seems like a one-time gag thing and not an active form of communication...

hat, and in early BBTAG she was everyone's punching bag.
Yeah, I've always had interest in 2D fighters and play them regularly casually, but this is the game I was going to try some serious strategizing for. Then I picked the objectively worst character in the game as my main.

I also sometimes roll with Blake/Vatista, but let's not talk about that.

Man, if I can find the time, I would totally speculate what all of the Relius finishers would be. The idea is just that fun. Besides that, I feel like Relius could also have a ton of potential story wise. Considering his research into the soul, characters from Persona and RWBY could be great potential test subjects to him. He seems like the surefire way of making the story a bit more dark. I am also curious to see how they would address Izanami's involvement in Blazblue and P4.
Yeah, he definitely could tonally add some darkness, but I also feel like he could still be used for BBTAG's psuedo-comedy based on people's reactions and non-reactions to his plans. He'd also definitely get invested in everyone's backstories - Under-Night would also be very interesting to him as well, given it literally has people's Existence (proper noun) being altered. I believe Arcana Heart and Akatsuki Blitzkampf both have some science experiments at the core of their stories that could interest him too. I don't know what he'd get out of Senran Kagura, but overall he'd be satisfied.

I imagine him being added could fill a YouTube video discussion of speculation in of itself, were BBTAG speculation as rapid as Smash speculation.

You know, I wonder if there would ever be the opportunity for a P5 character to make it into BBTAG. Would be a neat way of testing the waters.
Yeah, that'd be cool, but I think the datamine has unfortunately killed the odds of that happening... It'd be awesome for Joker or someone to be in, but even if we were to get a new Persona character, I honestly feel like Makoto/Kotone or Fuuka (upgraded to a fighting persona) would make more sense as they'd fit in with their friends. Kotone especially, as she's from a AU already.

Also, for fun, I googled BlazBlue and Smashboards to see if I'd see other people discussing this and the first thread that turned up was Asuka's. I guess we don't have any active threads for BlazBlue characters in Smash?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not very far, unfortunately. Chapter 5.
Cool. What do you think of Edelgard?
Lol. That is true. I also don't really think it is a big deal, but just amusing. Yes, I do really love how everyone spiced up their Yasogami uniforms. It'd be fantastic to see the rest of the cast, plus some of the new franchises. Let's slap a Yasogami emblem onto that tank and call it a day.
I imagine they would add Heart and maybe Akatsuki to the mix, as protags seem to be the focus of the transition.
Oh, that is an interesting point I had not considered... I mean, I suppose she wouldn't be able to communicate any of her knowledge that the others do not have? Unless they do rely on a tonne of signs in the story mode, but that seems like a one-time gag thing and not an active form of communication...
It's weird. On the bright side, this might confirm whether or not Neo's revenge scheme truly extends to Ruby or not. A shame that Ruby will likely have no clue as to why if it is the case.
Yeah, he definitely could tonally add some darkness, but I also feel like he could still be used for BBTAG's psuedo-comedy based on people's reactions and non-reactions to his plans. He'd also definitely get invested in everyone's backstories - Under-Night would also be very interesting to him as well, given it literally has people's Existence (proper noun) being altered. I believe Arcana Heart and Akatsuki Blitzkampf both have some science experiments at the core of their stories that could interest him too. I don't know what he'd get out of Senran Kagura, but overall he'd be satisfied.

I imagine him being added could fill a YouTube video discussion of speculation in of itself, were BBTAG speculation as rapid as Smash speculation.
Yeah, I know very little about those series, so I wouldn't have known. He has great potential when it comes to cross universe interactions, and heck, he could make a good major villain now that the System is probably out for the count(With the exception of the RWBY ending, and even then she's now the team pet). I could see him trying to bring everyone together again so he could put in some good research. Then again, they typically make entirely original characters for that sort of role, especially when it comes to final bosses.
Yeah, that'd be cool, but I think the datamine has unfortunately killed the odds of that happening... It'd be awesome for Joker or someone to be in, but even if we were to get a new Persona character, I honestly feel like Makoto/Kotone or Fuuka (upgraded to a fighting persona) would make more sense as they'd fit in with their friends. Kotone especially, as she's from a AU already.
Yeah, the leak really does stomp on that idea. I imagine it would be a long time before we even got those new characters, as there are still a ton of P4A characters to include.
Also, for fun, I googled BlazBlue and Smashboards to see if I'd see other people discussing this and the first thread that turned up was Asuka's. I guess we don't have any active threads for BlazBlue characters in Smash?
That's kinda surprising, considering how many threads there are. I guess that is why Blazblue discussion is happening in the Kasumi thread(I jest of course, it's because these talks are enjoyable. Let's make sure to get back to Kasumi eventually though).

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
On the whole Joker dying in the end thing, I would be shocked if it happens. I also think it would be a poor decision on Atlus' part. Improved versions of games are meant to add content, and not remove things or fundamentally change them. A retcon that big would be heavily contraversial and even ruin the game for some. As a fan of happy endings, Joker dying would make it an inferior story to me. I know a number of people who feel much more strongly than I do about it too. I think completely changing the ending would make it less of an improved version and more of an alternate version. I admit I am biased against this potential twist, but just looking at P3P/FES and P4 Golden, there's really no precedent for that drastic of a change./SPOILER]

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
On the whole Joker dying in the end thing, I would be shocked if it happens. I also think it would be a poor decision on Atlus' part. Improved versions of games are meant to add content, and not remove things or fundamentally change them. A retcon that big would be heavily contraversial and even ruin the game for some. As a fan of happy endings, Joker dying would make it an inferior story to me. I know a number of people who feel much more strongly than I do about it too. I think completely changing the ending would make it less of an improved version and more of an alternate version. I admit I am biased against this potential twist, but just looking at P3P/FES and P4 Golden, there's really no precedent for that drastic of a change./SPOILER]
That is a fair view to have, but I see little harm in having the new version try something different rather than just being the old one with more stuff. I feel that gives more value to the changes made, as that changed the outcome rather than just extending it. And I don't think it would count as a retcon, as these are just changes happening in a new version of the game. The events of the original P5 have in no way been overwritten.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That is a fair view to have, but I see little harm in having the new version try something different rather than just being the old one with more stuff. I feel that gives more value to the changes made, as that changed the outcome rather than just extending it. And I don't think it would count as a retcon, as these are just changes happening in a new version of the game. The events of the original P5 have in no way been overwritten.
While I can understand that, there's also just no reason for Joker to die. It made sense in 3, because the game was about death. P5 is about freedom. It's just as much about Joker's personal path to freedom as it is about anything else. And I think there most definitely is harm in changing something that could be upsetting to a large portion of the fanbase. Especially something as fundamental as the ending of the whole game. I know I for one will pass on P5R if this happens, even though Persona 5 is my favorite game by far and I am anticipating P5R to surpass it. I'd rather preserve the memories of the original. Trying something different is one thing. But changing the end to kill off the main character goes way beyond that. Plus, I really don't see Atlus killing off their biggest cash cow.

Edit: it absolutely is a retcon if P5R becomes the new cannon as it most likely will.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
While I can understand that, there's also just no reason for Joker to die. It made sense in 3, because the game was about death. P5 is about freedom. It's just as much about Joker's personal path to freedom as it is about anything else. And I think there most definitely is harm in changing something that could be upsetting to a large portion of the fanbase. Especially something as fundamental as the ending of the whole game. I know I for one will pass on P5R if this happens, even though Persona 5 is my favorite game by far and I am anticipating P5R to surpass it. I'd rather preserve the memories of the original. Trying something different is one thing. But changing the end to kill off the main character goes way beyond that. Plus, I really don't see Atlus killing off their biggest cash cow.

Edit: it absolutely is a retcon if P5R becomes the new cannon as it most likely will.
I mean, it's not entirely certain Joker will stay dead or even technically "die" in the typical sense. Just be out for the count, because it's clear to me from what has been noted that Joker does something. And while I can understand memories being sullied by events, it seems clear that you are willing to supplant those memories with the new game, good or bad. You are bringing up how you think it will surpass it and how you are sure it will uproot the previous canon.

I find that logic weird, because it's clear that thew previous spinoffs were not taking P5R into account. After all, depending on her involvement, Kasumi having no mention or appearance in the spinoffs are then gonna come off as very weird. If there are new spinoffs with no Joker, then it's just a different continuity.

amageish

Smash Master
Cool. What do you think of Edelgard?
In short: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I imagine they would add Heart and maybe Akatsuki to the mix, as protags seem to be the focus of the transition.
Yeah, that would make sense... I wonder how they'd spruce themselves up... I imagine Heart would at least keep her ribbons and Akatsuki maybe his general jacket style?

It's weird. On the bright side, this might confirm whether or not Neo's revenge scheme truly extends to Ruby or not. A shame that Ruby will likely have no clue as to why if it is the case.
That would lead to some awkward non-dialogue haha. I'd be nice to get some hints about upcoming events in the show through BBTAG though!

Yeah, I know very little about those series, so I wouldn't have known. He has great potential when it comes to cross universe interactions, and heck, he could make a good major villain now that the System is probably out for the count(With the exception of the RWBY ending, and even then she's now the team pet). I could see him trying to bring everyone together again so he could put in some good research. Then again, they typically make entirely original characters for that sort of role, especially when it comes to final bosses.
Yeah, he could definitely take that role if needed. Maybe give him access to the system in a crystal like how the RWBY cast had in their ending, leading to him acting as a new uniter of worlds as his next big experiment? He'd really work great... That said, I wonder if it'll just be silly side-stories and not a new overarching one. He could be the villain of one of them though!

Yeah, the leak really does stomp on that idea. I imagine it would be a long time before we even got those new characters, as there are still a ton of P4A characters to include.
Agreed. P5A also has decent odds of being announced in the next couple years as well, so it'd be harder to get a jump on it, especially if ArcSys continues the bi-annual pace for BBTAG updates.

That's kinda surprising, considering how many threads there are. I guess that is why Blazblue discussion is happening in the Kasumi thread(I jest of course, it's because these talks are enjoyable. Let's make sure to get back to Kasumi eventually though).
Yeah, I was checking partly to see if we wanted to crash someone else's thread haha. This thread can sometimes evolve into "EarlTamm and amageish's Bizarre Speculative Adventure."

Playing Satanael's advocate for a moment, it was actually debated if the protagonist died after P3, so P3 FES was fundamentally changing perception of the ending, even if it's confirming something left unclear. P5R also has already shown it'll be changing way more then P3P/FES or P4G ever did...

That said, I personally feel it would be much likelier for a death fake-out (if maybe a longer one) then a death. Like, the idea of permanently killing him off really doesn't sit well with me either. Him falling in a cross shape seems like it cannot be unintentional though, especially in the series that once crucifixed its entire main cast once for SYMBOLISM.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In short: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
So I imagine your decently far into her supports?

Edit: You know what, these posts are getting to the point where they can't fit on my monitor screen. Just gonna put the BBTAG stuff into a spoiler. I might not do this with all BBTAG discussion, but certinaly with posts that get a little too big.
Yeah, that would make sense... I wonder how they'd spruce themselves up... I imagine Heart would at least keep her ribbons and Akatsuki maybe his general jacket style?
Definitely in both ideas. I don't know Akatsuki that well, but I am sure he would be that one jack*** who takes learning and the student environment to a military level of standards. And that would make me love him, as that is always a fun character. Taka from Danganronpa comes to mind.
That would lead to some awkward non-dialogue haha. I'd be nice to get some hints about upcoming events in the show through BBTAG though!
This is probably the only opportunity for something like that to happen in regards to RWBY right now. That is, unless Salem somehow pops in to say hello.
Yeah, he could definitely take that role if needed. Maybe give him access to the system in a crystal like how the RWBY cast had in their ending, leading to him acting as a new uniter of worlds as his next big experiment? He'd really work great... That said, I wonder if it'll just be silly side-stories and not a new overarching one. He could be the villain of one of them though!
It always seemed odd how in each of the endings the protag would keep the crystal of there series for seemingly no reason(Besides RWBY, of course. Hazama explicitly gave it to her and now it has the system in it). Maybe that will play a part. Now it's just a matter of somehow bringing in the other series. It could go either way in tone, but if Relius in involved, one of those tones are definitely going to be dark. Have you ever seen the Makoto bad ending that involved him?
Agreed. P5A also has decent odds of being announced in the next couple years as well, so it'd be harder to get a jump on it, especially if ArcSys continues the bi-annual pace for BBTAG updates.
When it comes to the team behind BBTAG, there foreseeable future is just going to be this game. This thing is built to last for a long time, even if it wasn't the best start.
Yeah, I was checking partly to see if we wanted to crash someone else's thread haha. This thread can sometimes evolve into "EarlTamm and amageish's Bizarre Speculative Adventure."
Reminds me of the time I once got into a long discussion with a user on the Doomguy thread about how Doomguy being in the Kid Icarus universe would work. I guess that is much more related to the thread itself, but it was still a long back and forth. But I like stuff like this, as long as it doesn't consume a thread for too long. It's not like too much is happening in regards to Kasumi, and sending this to PM or anything kinda robs the topic of the opportunity for open discussion that it started with.
Playing Satanael's advocate for a moment, it was actually debated if the protagonist died after P3, so P3 FES was fundamentally changing perception of the ending, even if it's confirming something left unclear. P5R also has already shown it'll be changing way more then P3P/FES or P4G ever did...

That said, I personally feel it would be much likelier for a death fake-out (if maybe a longer one) then a death. Like, the idea of permanently killing him off really doesn't sit well with me either. Him falling in a cross shape seems like it cannot be unintentional though, especially in the series that once crucifixed its entire main cast once for SYMBOLISM.
You know me, I know little of P3. I never considered that Makoto's death was up in the air until the Answer came, as I didn't live through the wait. Nowadays, Makoto dying is major "It Was His Sled" in the Persona community.

And, of course, I agree with it likely being a fake-out of sorts.

Another Edit:
Found some Kasumi art that I figure would be appreciated here.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So I imagine your decently far into her supports?
Relatively speaking, yes.

Sure! It's worth not flooding the entire thread lol.

Definitely in both ideas. I don't know Akatsuki that well, but I am sure he would be that one jack*** who takes learning and the student environment to a military level of standards. And that would make me love him, as that is always a fun character. Taka from Danganronpa comes to mind.
Oh, yeah. He's from the one game franchise in BBTAG I have played literally none of, but I could see him being like that for sure! Not my favourite trope, but definitely one that causes a lot of comedic tension. Good Danganronpa example too.

This is probably the only opportunity for something like that to happen in regards to RWBY right now. That is, unless Salem somehow pops in to say hello.
True... I doubt she'll make it in though, partly due to the datamine and partly due to common sense... I do wonder who will be next though.

It always seemed odd how in each of the endings the protag would keep the crystal of there series for seemingly no reason(Besides RWBY, of course. Hazama explicitly gave it to her and now it has the system in it). Maybe that will play a part. Now it's just a matter of somehow bringing in the other series. It could go either way in tone, but if Relius in involved, one of those tones are definitely going to be dark. Have you ever seen the Makoto bad ending that involved him?
Yeah, definitely. They explain it away in RWBY, but everyone else is just left hanging around with crystals... I still think Relius could, from my knowledge, be played as a dark character with dark ambitions who is kind of shaken out of his goals by everyone else being too zany to take him seriously. I haven't seen the ending, but am aware he basically combines physical and psychological torture into one move....

When it comes to the team behind BBTAG, there foreseeable future is just going to be this game. This thing is built to last for a long time, even if it wasn't the best start.
That is fair. I am not fully aware of how ArcSys works, but it does seem like they have a tonne of games on the go right now, between DBFZ DLC, BBTAG, Guilty Gear, Granblue, the probable P5A, and whatever work they have to do to help with Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r] and Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars Xtend!!!!!.

Man. Fighting games have some weird naming conventions.

Reminds me of the time I once got into a long discussion with a user on the Doomguy thread about how Doomguy being in the Kid Icarus universe would work. I guess that is much more related to the thread itself, but it was still a long back and forth. But I like stuff like this, as long as it doesn't consume a thread for too long. It's not like too much is happening in regards to Kasumi, and sending this to PM or anything kinda robs the topic of the opportunity for open discussion that it started with.
Nice choice of topic! That'd be an interesting crossover blend for sure. And that's fair! I think it's roughly tagentally connected enough for now at least, given how its a crossover game that includes Persona, even if Kasumi herself is excluded.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Relatively speaking, yes.
Good to know. Learning stuff like that makes more of a difference than one would expect, especially in Three Houses. Perspective and all, you know?
Oh, yeah. He's from the one game franchise in BBTAG I have played literally none of, but I could see him being like that for sure! Not my favourite trope, but definitely one that causes a lot of comedic tension. Good Danganronpa example too.
Same. I know more than I did before his reveal, as I have looked into him a bit more. Let's just say his series might be a bit alienating to some.
True... I doubt she'll make it in though, partly due to the datamine and partly due to common sense... I do wonder who will be next though.
She doesn't have to be a playable character to have an impact. After all, she has a history of manipulating things behind the scenes rathe rthan getting into the thick of things. Doubt she will make any appearence in Version 2.0, but if someone like Cinder got in...
Yeah, definitely. They explain it away in RWBY, but everyone else is just left hanging around with crystals... I still think Relius could, from my knowledge, be played as a dark character with dark ambitions who is kind of shaken out of his goals by everyone else being too zany to take him seriously. I haven't seen the ending, but am aware he basically combines physical and psychological torture into one move....
I guess(not thew most knowledgeable about Blazblue myself), but this is the man who turned his wife and daughter into robots for science. I am sure as time goes on and all the series get more familiar with each other, things will only get worse. And yeah, what he does to Makoto is not pretty.
That is fair. I am not fully aware of how ArcSys works, but it does seem like they have a tonne of games on the go right now, between DBFZ DLC, BBTAG, Guilty Gear, Granblue, the probable P5A, and whatever work they have to do to help with Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r] and Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars Xtend!!!!!.
From what I understand, there are two teams. One works on 3D games while the other has historically done spritework. I could be wrong on that, but that seems to be the trend.
Man. Fighting games have some weird naming conventions.
I blame Capcom and all of their extra editions.
Nice choice of topic! That'd be an interesting crossover blend for sure. And that's fair! I think it's roughly tagentally connected enough for now at least, given how its a crossover game that includes Persona, even if Kasumi herself is excluded.
It was a really fun topic. Ended up pretty much amounting to "Doomguy wins" because that is how it always ends. And yes, this at least has that conection, so it's not 100% off brand.

Btw, turns out there is a Ragna thread. I wouldn't move this discussion there, as that would come out of nowhere and as it was just pointed out, this is still slightly on brand for the thread. Just nice to know something Blazblue related is supported on Smashboards.

Edit:
Figured I would share this art piece, considering it's very clearly referencing Neo's inclusion in BBTAG.
You know, I just realized there has been zero discussion of Jose here. What's up with him?

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I mean, it's not entirely certain Joker will stay dead or even technically "die" in the typical sense. Just be out for the count, because it's clear to me from what has been noted that Joker does something. And while I can understand memories being sullied by events, it seems clear that you are willing to supplant those memories with the new game, good or bad. You are bringing up how you think it will surpass it and how you are sure it will uproot the previous canon.

I find that logic weird, because it's clear that thew previous spinoffs were not taking P5R into account. After all, depending on her involvement, Kasumi having no mention or appearance in the spinoffs are then gonna come off as very weird. If there are new spinoffs with no Joker, then it's just a different continuity.
The reason PQ2 followed P5 vanilla cannon is because P5R wasn't even announced yet. Obviously it can't have anything to do with that. But if we look at how the other persona improved versions have been treated, it's safe to assume that P5R will be the new cannon. Especially with Kasumi and ally Akechi being things they'll want to include in any new spin-offs. So at this point, either any new spin-offs have to not include Kasumi, take place in a time bubble during the main story of P5, or not include Joker. None of those are decent options. Obviously they will always have Kasumi. Closing the door on continuing not only the story of the P5 cast, but the 3 and 4 cast, would be terrible. And how can they possibly have, say, a persona fighting game without the Persona character that got so big he made it in freaking smash Bros? Think of it this way. It looks like P3 MC is coming back soon, supposedly in P5 Arena. If Joker dies in the end, then with they have to ditch that idea because it takes place in a time bubble and dead characters aren't dead yet, not have Kasumi, or not have Joker. Why would they force that situation on themselves?

Edit: add to that that Akechi is dead in P5 Vanilla so they couldn't include him at all unless it's a time bubble.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The reason PQ2 followed P5 vanilla cannon is because P5R wasn't even announced yet. Obviously it can't have anything to do with that. But if we look at how the other persona improved versions have been treated, it's safe to assume that P5R will be the new cannon. Especially with Kasumi and ally Akechi being things they'll want to include in any new spin-offs. So at this point, either any new spin-offs have to not include Kasumi, take place in a time bubble during the main story of P5, or not include Joker. None of those are decent options. Obviously they will always have Kasumi. Closing the door on continuing not only the story of the P5 cast, but the 3 and 4 cast, would be terrible. And how can they possibly have, say, a persona fighting game without the Persona character that got so big he made it in freaking smash Bros? Think of it this way. It looks like P3 MC is coming back soon, supposedly in P5 Arena. If Joker dies in the end, then with they have to ditch that idea because it takes place in a time bubble and dead characters aren't dead yet, not have Kasumi, or not have Joker. Why would they force that situation on themselves?

Edit: add to that that Akechi is dead in P5 Vanilla so they couldn't include him at all unless it's a time bubble.
I mean, again, it's not like I am thinking he will stay dead. I generally agree with amageish amageish on that regard.

But I will say, P5 Arena isn't coming anytime soon, especially with everything on ArkSys's plate.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I mean, again, it's not like I am thinking he will stay dead. I generally agree with amageish amageish on that regard.

But I will say, P5 Arena isn't coming anytime soon, especially with everything on ArkSys's plate.
Oh, so you're saying it will be a fake out? Because that's totally possible. I definitely agree with that. I just don't think he'll actually be dead in the end.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh, so you're saying it will be a fake out? Because that's totally possible. I definitely agree with that. I just don't think he'll actually be dead in the end.
Yeah, I just think he will make the play, not that he will stay dead by the end. There is too much imagery(I am looking at you falling cross shot) and suspicious lines to ignore the possibility of him pulling a play like this, but I agree that it would be an odd choice for the future of the P5 brand both financially and thematically. I just don't know how things will go from A to B.

Edit:
I would just like to let everyone know, I have done the unthinkable.

I updated the first post to match what we currently know. It's been a long time coming. As a reminder, liking the first post is a surefire way of voicing your support and being put on the list. Of course, you can also just ask to be put on as well.

Edit 2:
Also, I welcome any recommendations on things to change or add in the first post, as I am sure it's not perfect.

Edit 3:
Found some more Kasumi art.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Good to know. Learning stuff like that makes more of a difference than one would expect, especially in Three Houses. Perspective and all, you know?
Yeah, definitely. It is very interesting to hear from other people on other paths. It's especially a unique experience when one person is complaining about the difficulty of a boss and someone else responds "WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING MY HUSBANDO; YOU MONSTER!". It's a really well-designed unique game.

Same. I know more than I did before his reveal, as I have looked into him a bit more. Let's just say his series might be a bit alienating to some.
Alienating how? Content-wise or mechanically?

She doesn't have to be a playable character to have an impact. After all, she has a history of manipulating things behind the scenes rathe rthan getting into the thick of things. Doubt she will make any appearence in Version 2.0, but if someone like Cinder got in...
That is very true. I'd be interesting to get some more NPCs in the series, actually. Cinder would definitely be interesting, though I do wonder if we'll get another RWBY character for 2.0 in time for the new story content. I feel like the remaining 5 will cover franchises that aren't already getting a rep in the DLC (possible exception of giving Senran Kagura a second character).

I guess(not thew most knowledgeable about Blazblue myself), but this is the man who turned his wife and daughter into robots for science. I am sure as time goes on and all the series get more familiar with each other, things will only get worse. And yeah, what he does to Makoto is not pretty. .
That is true. He is definitely a top-notch evil villain. That cutscene is also incredibly dark, holy moly. That said, the following chibi Kokonoe and Makoto exchange shows how it could be played for some comedy through non-reaction, as Kokonoe keeps it light. That does also make me think: Kokonoe would make some sense as a DLC character, given her individual popularity and the general popularity of catgirls?

From what I understand, there are two teams. One works on 3D games while the other has historically done spritework. I could be wrong on that, but that seems to be the trend.
Ahhhhhh. That makes sense. Do we think P5A will be sprite-based?

I blame Capcom and all of their extra editions.
Yeah. I bought SFV during the EVO sale and felt like I needed a map to show me what content I was and was not getting...

Btw, turns out there is a Ragna thread. I wouldn't move this discussion there, as that would come out of nowhere and as it was just pointed out, this is still slightly on brand for the thread. Just nice to know something Blazblue related is supported on Smashboards.
Ah, okay! I guess it's just not active enough to turn up when googling, while Asuka has been discussing BBTAG like crazy following Yumi's reveal - in fact, it seems to have basically brought the thread to life. Ragna getting support is great though, even if I'd probably rather Noel personally.

If we get anything BB in Smash though (which I don't expect, but weirder things have happened), then I really hope their tagline will be "[NAME] Can't Escape from Crossing Fate!" because... well... Memes. Because memes.

You know, I just realized there has been zero discussion of Jose here. What's up with him?
Ah, fair. He looks neat. His UI seems really pretty. Otherwise, I'm not overly invested in another Velvet Room resident hanging around.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, definitely. It is very interesting to hear from other people on other paths. It's especially a unique experience when one person is complaining about the difficulty of a boss and someone else responds "WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING MY HUSBANDO; YOU MONSTER!". It's a really well-designed unique game.
Yeah, it's one of the great things about the game. One players favorite unit could be another's roadblock. I imagine things can get pretty heartbreaking on repeat playthroughs.
Alienating how? Content-wise or mechanically?
I guess the best way for me to sum it up as someone who is not to familiar with the series is how the TV Trops page summed it up(Minus a spoiler).
"The Protagonist is an officer of this world's equivalent of the Imperial Japanese Navy. The antagonists are pretty much said world's equivalent of Those Wacky Nazis. It's really not needed to explain how... awkward these details can be for some gamers."
That is very true. I'd be interesting to get some more NPCs in the series, actually. Cinder would definitely be interesting, though I do wonder if we'll get another RWBY character for 2.0 in time for the new story content. I feel like the remaining 5 will cover franchises that aren't already getting a rep in the DLC (possible exception of giving Senran Kagura a second character).
I would love to see some more NPC's in the game as to add in some more crossover material, but I doubt we will be getting another RWBY character. We know two of the five slots left are Blazblue, With 3 other series left that are unrepresented in this DLC, I imagine we will get one for each.
That is true. He is definitely a top-notch evil villain. That cutscene is also incredibly dark, holy moly. That said, the following chibi Kokonoe and Makoto exchange shows how it could be played for some comedy through non-reaction, as Kokonoe keeps it light. That does also make me think: Kokonoe would make some sense as a DLC character, given her individual popularity and the general popularity of catgirls?
If I understand correct, chibi Kokonoe is always a thing that appears after an ending, regardless of tone, but what you said is no less true. Kokonoe could certainly work as one of the two Blazblue reps. Her and Blake could have some fun interactions, and it would be nice to see her fight alongside one of her parents.

Btw, since we are bringing up both Relius and Kokonoe and the use of humor, it's worth noting that Relius had a gag ending with her that was quite enjoyable.
Ahhhhhh. That makes sense. Do we think P5A will be sprite-based?
I would think so, as ArkSys seems to try and keep the style of a series consistent. There are exceptions of course, like Guilty Gear, but that was after a very long stretch of time.
Ah, okay! I guess it's just not active enough to turn up when googling, while Asuka has been discussing BBTAG like crazy following Yumi's reveal - in fact, it seems to have basically brought the thread to life. Ragna getting support is great though, even if I'd probably rather Noel personally.
Yeah, I noticed that activity of the Asuka thread as well. Good for them. Hopefully Asuka doesn't take too long to get into BBTAG herself. Ragna's thread seems dead in comparison though.
If we get anything BB in Smash though (which I don't expect, but weirder things have happened), then I really hope their tagline will be "[NAME] Can't Escape from Crossing Fate!" because... well... Memes. Because memes.
That should absolutely be the tagline. When it comes to ArkSys properties getting into Smash, I think they are second to Guilty Gear in that regard. Could be wrong though. For all I know, Blazblue could have some major winning factor over Guilty Gear.
Ah, fair. He looks neat. His UI seems really pretty. Otherwise, I'm not overly invested in another Velvet Room resident hanging around.
He seems to be another attendant, but I am curious why he's driving around Mementos and why he looks the way he does(His nose and ears).

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, it's one of the great things about the game. One players favorite unit could be another's roadblock. I imagine things can get pretty heartbreaking on repeat playthroughs.
Yeah, definitely. There are some characters I will be recruiting in every playthrough because they need love and protection.

I guess the best way for me to sum it up as someone who is not to familiar with the series is how the TV Trops page summed it up(Minus a spoiler).
"The Protagonist is an officer of this world's equivalent of the Imperial Japanese Navy. The antagonists are pretty much said world's equivalent of Those Wacky Nazis. It's really not needed to explain how... awkward these details can be for some gamers."
Ah, okay. I do love it when Japanese media has Imperial Japan fighting the Nazis...

I would love to see some more NPC's in the game as to add in some more crossover material, but I doubt we will be getting another RWBY character. We know two of the five slots left are Blazblue, With 3 other series left that are unrepresented in this DLC, I imagine we will get one for each.
Yeah, agreed. Persona, Under-Night, and Arcana Heart getting a character each would make sense. The question is which ones come next...

If I understand correct, chibi Kokonoe is always a thing that appears after an ending, regardless of tone, but what you said is no less true. Kokonoe could certainly work as one of the two Blazblue reps. Her and Blake could have some fun interactions, and it would be nice to see her fight alongside one of her parents.
Yes, it is always a comic epilogue for everything, but it does still show how to balance comedy. Ooo, I hadn't considered her and Blake interacting - that would be sweet. And yeah, she'd be great for the tag-team element as well. Lots of fanservice to be had! :-D

Btw, since we are bringing up both Relius and Kokonoe and the use of humor, it's worth noting that Relius had a gag ending with her that was quite enjoyable.
That is amazing; I missed that one somehow. I don't have much else to say beyond that it is funny haha

I would think so, as ArkSys seems to try and keep the style of a series consistent. There are exceptions of course, like Guilty Gear, but that was after a very long stretch of time.
Yeah, that would make sense. Plus, if they include some time-travel to justify ages, it allows for reusing sprites! P5 just has such an iconic artstyle that they could justify changing things up if they really wanted to do so.

Yeah, I noticed that activity of the Asuka thread as well. Good for them. Hopefully Asuka doesn't take too long to get into BBTAG herself. Ragna's thread seems dead in comparison though.
It is weird how Asuka wasn't the first SK rep, but I guess Yumi is more popular in Japan? I missed that memo enitrely - she wasn't even in the base game that I played. Yeah, definitely very dead by comparison...

That should absolutely be the tagline. When it comes to ArkSys properties getting into Smash, I think they are second to Guilty Gear in that regard. Could be wrong though. For all I know, Blazblue could have some major winning factor over Guilty Gear.
Interesting! I have always considered BlazBlue more likely, but I do not know why... Guilty Gear is much older and defined the anime fighter genre, so they would make more sense now that you mention it. Looking at ArcSys' wiki page, BlazBlue does have a slight edge in terms of Nintendo appearances (three games on Nintendo systems to Guilty Gear's one), but that is just because BlazBlue has gotten more original titles while Nintendo has had the attention of 2D fighting audiences then Guilty Gear has.

Sol Badguy would be super cool for sure though. I'd rather Noel personally, but he has the retro cred.

He seems to be another attendant, but I am curious why he's driving around Mementos and why he looks the way he does(His nose and ears).
Yeah, it's weird... I've seen a lot of people compare his looks to the robots from 3/4A, but I really doubt they'd suddenly tie something to those games so directly when P5 is so standalone. He's unique for sure though, but he's just so mysterious I feel like I got nothing to speculate about haha.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, definitely. There are some characters I will be recruiting in every playthrough because they need love and protection.
Let me guess, a certain shut-in is among those you will constantly recruit.
Ah, okay. I do love it when Japanese media has Imperial Japan fighting the Nazis...
No culture likes to acknowledge the icky parts of their past, especially when it comes to things you are trying to get people to enjoy. It's worth noting, several of the characters in the voice leak seem to be Nazi related(From what I understand of this series lore), but only one of them seems to go full in on it(That being Adler). Again, I could be wrong, but that is what I am getting from TV Tropes.
Yeah, agreed. Persona, Under-Night, and Arcana Heart getting a character each would make sense. The question is which ones come next...
If I had to guess, we will get two video's over time. Both will have one BB character each, but I have no clue how they will manage the rest.
Yes, it is always a comic epilogue for everything, but it does still show how to balance comedy. Ooo, I hadn't considered her and Blake interacting - that would be sweet. And yeah, she'd be great for the tag-team element as well. Lots of fanservice to be had! :-D
And it will only multiply depending on who they add further. I think the next big fanservice pick they can feasibly pull right now is Adachi, as he seems to be high demand. Him interacting with Hazama would be a delight fanservice wise for sure. Of course, I would want him because of the complexites he developed in Ultimax.
That is amazing; I missed that one somehow. I don't have much else to say beyond that it is funny haha
Again, I really hope that gag endings come back, especially with the roster and crossover being even greater. Just imagine the Spectacles of Eros skit in BBTAG.
Yeah, that would make sense. Plus, if they include some time-travel to justify ages, it allows for reusing sprites! P5 just has such an iconic artstyle that they could justify changing things up if they really wanted to do so.
True on both accounts, but I think some people would feel gypped if they just reused sprites again, especially for the P4 cast. Many are clamoring to see the P4 cast grown up, and that would rob them of the opportunity.
It is weird how Asuka wasn't the first SK rep, but I guess Yumi is more popular in Japan? I missed that memo enitrely - she wasn't even in the base game that I played. Yeah, definitely very dead by comparison...
Apparently Yumi has become something of a spotlight stealer to some, especially in the west. She has only become more prominent over time, and I guess BBTAG is proof of that. As for the Ragna thread, I think I am going to voice my support. I think a bump would be great for it.
Interesting! I have always considered BlazBlue more likely, but I do not know why... Guilty Gear is much older and defined the anime fighter genre, so they would make more sense now that you mention it. Looking at ArcSys' wiki page, BlazBlue does have a slight edge in terms of Nintendo appearances (three games on Nintendo systems to Guilty Gear's one), but that is just because BlazBlue has gotten more original titles while Nintendo has had the attention of 2D fighting audiences then Guilty Gear has.

Sol Badguy would be super cool for sure though. I'd rather Noel personally, but he has the retro cred.
You know what, I can't help but agree with you on Blazblue feeling more likely. Logically speaking, it feels like it should be Guilty Gear, but Blazblue feels more natural and I don't know why. Nintendo appearances certainly help a little bit, but that doesn't feel like the reason this feeling exists. Is it because he is already a face of a big fighting game crossover? Idk.

Sol Badguy certainly would be the more retro pick. Noel is pretty important, but it's hard to beat Ragna and Sol in this regard.
Yeah, it's weird... I've seen a lot of people compare his looks to the robots from 3/4A, but I really doubt they'd suddenly tie something to those games so directly when P5 is so standalone. He's unique for sure though, but he's just so mysterious I feel like I got nothing to speculate about haha.
It feels like Jose is a black hole speculation wise. There is just nothing to work with and anything we try to figure out will probably be very wrong.

Two things I want to mention from there. First, amageish amageish , do you want to be a supporter? I realized after editing the first post that despite our constant back and forth here, you are not on the list. You obviously are, it just doesn't feel right adding people without permission. Second, it seems like the art exhibit announcement on the 17th will be our next big P5R news drop. I am curious in what people are thinking it will be, as this is something we have known about for awhile.

amageish

Smash Master
Let me guess, a certain shut-in is among those you will constantly recruit.
Uh. Is that a very common opinion or am I just super duper predictable?

No culture likes to acknowledge the icky parts of their past, especially when it comes to things you are trying to get people to enjoy. It's worth noting, several of the characters in the voice leak seem to be Nazi related(From what I understand of this series lore), but only one of them seems to go full in on it(That being Adler). Again, I could be wrong, but that is what I am getting from TV Tropes.
True, but it seems like maybe avoid real-world allegories if you don't want to participate in real-world discussions? It's not that hard... Well, uh, we'll see how that goes over.

If I had to guess, we will get two video's over time. Both will have one BB character each, but I have no clue how they will manage the rest.
It would probably depend on the characters... I feel like a new Arcana Heart character could carry an announcement well enough, as they have entirely new sprites and unique mechanics, even if the franchise is super niche. Persona + BB + Under-Night would be a pretty standard BBTAG trailer. Granted, from my perspective at least, Persona and RWBY are the most hype-inducing franchise (both personally and in Reddit/Twitter reactions I see).

And it will only multiply depending on who they add further. I think the next big fanservice pick they can feasibly pull right now is Adachi, as he seems to be high demand. Him interacting with Hazama would be a delight fanservice wise for sure. Of course, I would want him because of the complexites he developed in Ultimax.
He's definitely the most frequently requested one I've seen. It'd be real treat to have him in the game - actually, they could just add a bunch of villains in this pack and make the fandom very very happy.

Again, I really hope that gag endings come back, especially with the roster and crossover being even greater. Just imagine the Spectacles of Eros skit in BBTAG.
Oh goodness. Who would wear them though? Yu would make sense as the kingpin, but Ragna is the protagonist... I also kind of like the idea of reversing the trope with Ruby putting them on... Decisions, decisions...

True on both accounts, but I think some people would feel gypped if they just reused sprites again, especially for the P4 cast. Many are clamoring to see the P4 cast grown up, and that would rob them of the opportunity.
I mean, my dream would be getting all-new sprites with both Phantom Thief costume and regular clothes options for every character (i.e., retroactively giving P3/P4 characters new thief outfits), while also somehow keeping the full cast of Arena plus all of P5 (including a now-fighting Futaba) and the return of the P3 MC. You can save Kasumi, the P3 FeMC, and Caroline/Justine for DLC though. Maybe a bit of a big ask on my part...

Realistically, the question in my mind is: Would people be more angry about reusing sprites or about cutting characters? As I imagine P5A would only have room for a select few P3/P4 peeps if they are making all-new sprites. Not everyone will get their favourites in, at least at launch.

Apparently Yumi has become something of a spotlight stealer to some, especially in the west. She has only become more prominent over time, and I guess BBTAG is proof of that. As for the Ragna thread, I think I am going to voice my support. I think a bump would be great for it.
Interesting... I missed that memo entirely. I will follow you in then. I'd like to give it a boost as well.

You know what, I can't help but agree with you on Blazblue feeling more likely. Logically speaking, it feels like it should be Guilty Gear, but Blazblue feels more natural and I don't know why. Nintendo appearances certainly help a little bit, but that doesn't feel like the reason this feeling exists. Is it because he is already a face of a big fighting game crossover? Idk.

Sol Badguy certainly would be the more retro pick. Noel is pretty important, but it's hard to beat Ragna and Sol in this regard.
Yeah, isn't it weird? It just feels more likely in spite of logic leaning towards Guilty Gear. Maybe it is because the DLC thus far has struck a kind of balance between modern and retro that BlazBlue straddles better? Guilty Gear just got announced for a comeback, while BB has never been in a position to need a comeback - in fact, CTB has had it smaller franchises in getting noticed.

Yeah, Ranga would be the pick. I just feel like Noel's moveset would be especially fun translated into Smash, even if she's less likely. I like her energy. The Maya Amano skin doesn't hurt her either.

It feels like Jose is a black hole speculation wise. There is just nothing to work with and anything we try to figure out will probably be very wrong.

Two things I want to mention from there. First, amageish amageish , do you want to be a supporter? I realized after editing the first post that despite our constant back and forth here, you are not on the list. You obviously are, it just doesn't feel right adding people without permission. Second, it seems like the art exhibit announcement on the 17th will be our next big P5R news drop. I am curious in what people are thinking it will be, as this is something we have known about for awhile.
Yeah, exactly. It's just kind of "Oh. Neat." I guess he isn't named after anyone from Frankenstein? That's worth noting, as all other Velvet Room peeps have some ties to the original novel.

Please sign me up as a supporter! Can't believe I haven't thought to ask that before haha.

Is the art exhibit in Japan or the west?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Uh. Is that a very common opinion or am I just super duper predictable?
It's predictable because is's such a common opinion. Everyone loves Bernie, and after learning her backstory, very few ever want to consider having to kill her.
True, but it seems like maybe avoid real-world allegories if you don't want to participate in real-world discussions? It's not that hard... Well, uh, we'll see how that goes over.
Yeah, I imagie they will try and avoid that for a good while. It's not like they are that stressed about including characters from that series, though I am curious who are the fan favorite of the series are.
It would probably depend on the characters... I feel like a new Arcana Heart character could carry an announcement well enough, as they have entirely new sprites and unique mechanics, even if the franchise is super niche. Persona + BB + Under-Night would be a pretty standard BBTAG trailer. Granted, from my perspective at least, Persona and RWBY are the most hype-inducing franchise (both personally and in Reddit/Twitter reactions I see).
That seems about right.
He's definitely the most frequently requested one I've seen. It'd be real treat to have him in the game - actually, they could just add a bunch of villains in this pack and make the fandom very very happy.
He is definitly among the top current requests, especially now that a fan favorite RWBY rep has been satisfied. Considering we have gotten two villains from this pack already(Neo and Blitztank), it's certainly possible. It would certainly add much needed diversity. I hear Wagner is rather popular antagonistic choice for Under Night.
Oh goodness. Who would wear them though? Yu would make sense as the kingpin, but Ragna is the protagonist... I also kind of like the idea of reversing the trope with Ruby putting them on... Decisions, decisions...
I think Ragna will still be the victim, just because Rachel has her love of teasing him specifically. The other protags would be great though. Yu of course would be fitting, but Hyde is known to be a rather notable chick magnet. I doubt Ruby would ever get them due to her age. I guess there is a good amount of Persona and Under Night characters in her age range, but it still might feel a bit awkward, especially if it effects some adult characters. But I do agree that reversing the gender would be great. The closest we have gotten is when Rachel decided to put them on while she was alone at the very end of one of the skits(She was wondering why she isn't effected by the glasses when Ragna puts them on. Gee, I wonder why?)
I mean, my dream would be getting all-new sprites with both Phantom Thief costume and regular clothes options for every character (i.e., retroactively giving P3/P4 characters new thief outfits), while also somehow keeping the full cast of Arena plus all of P5 (including a now-fighting Futaba) and the return of the P3 MC. You can save Kasumi, the P3 FeMC, and Caroline/Justine for DLC though. Maybe a bit of a big ask on my part...
That would be alot to do, as sprite work is only getting more and more difficult to do. Still a neat idea though.

You know, this touches upon a wish I have had for BBTAG since the start. I doubt it is happening anytime soon in playable form due to the voice leaks, but it is my wish to eventually see BBTAG get so comfortable as an entity that it does some crazy mix-ups with the characters and the rules of the other universes. Give non-Persona characters Persona's, shove Yosuke into the Susanoo Unit, turn someone into an In-Birth, etc. Just go nuts, because that those are things I think all of would love to see. Again, I doubt anything like this will happen anytime soon because of the voice leaks, but who knows, maybe there will be surprise boss that is something like this concept.
Realistically, the question in my mind is: Would people be more angry about reusing sprites or about cutting characters? As I imagine P5A would only have room for a select few P3/P4 peeps if they are making all-new sprites. Not everyone will get their favourites in, at least at launch.
That's a hard question to answer, especially as someone not familiar with P3. If time has passed in-universe for everyone, I imagine people will be upset with reused sprites, especially in the case of the Investigation Team. If we are dealing with a Q situation, then I think Sprite reuse would be more accepted, but the lack of change would cause some disappointment.
Interesting... I missed that memo entirely. I will follow you in then. I'd like to give it a boost as well.
It's apparently gotten to the point where even the games acknowledge that, yes, Yumi is pretty much taking over the role of protagonist. And I saw that. I am sure some people will wake up to a nice surprise. And usually bumps bring in more activity, as now it's on the front page.
Yeah, isn't it weird? It just feels more likely in spite of logic leaning towards Guilty Gear. Maybe it is because the DLC thus far has struck a kind of balance between modern and retro that BlazBlue straddles better? Guilty Gear just got announced for a comeback, while BB has never been in a position to need a comeback - in fact, CTB has had it smaller franchises in getting noticed.
If it wasn't for BBTAG, I feel like Under Night wouldn't have gotten a spot in EVO this year. So yeah, I agree with you that it's helping. I think another factor helping out Blazblue is, strangely enough, it sticking to sprites. Let's be honest, Sol in Smash would look off. Smash is by no means a bad looking game, but the current style of Guilty Gear is so different from Guilty Gear that it's hard to visualize. Meanwhile, a 3D Ragna just seems like a cool opportunity.
Yeah, Ranga would be the pick. I just feel like Noel's moveset would be especially fun translated into Smash, even if she's less likely. I like her energy. The Maya Amano skin doesn't hurt her either.
It would certainly be fun. My only hope is that her default is her with the hat. Why doesn't she wear the hat anymore?
Yeah, exactly. It's just kind of "Oh. Neat." I guess he isn't named after anyone from Frankenstein? That's worth noting, as all other Velvet Room peeps have some ties to the original novel.
I am sure when the game comes out, all will make sense, but as of now we need more to work with.
Please sign me up as a supporter! Can't believe I haven't thought to ask that before haha.
Done.
Is the art exhibit in Japan or the west?
West. I will link a tweet below. It's a collaboration with Gallery Nucleus.

Edit:
Haru's third tier has been revealed, among other things. I will put it in a spoiler because this post is already big enough.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
It's predictable because is's such a common opinion. Everyone loves Bernie, and after learning her backstory, very few ever want to consider having to kill her.
Yeah, I imagie they will try and avoid that for a good while. It's not like they are that stressed about including characters from that series, though I am curious who are the fan favorite of the series are.

That seems about right.

He is definitly among the top current requests, especially now that a fan favorite RWBY rep has been satisfied. Considering we have gotten two villains from this pack already(Neo and Blitztank), it's certainly possible. It would certainly add much needed diversity. I hear Wagner is rather popular antagonistic choice for Under Night.

I think Ragna will still be the victim, just because Rachel has her love of teasing him specifically. The other protags would be great though. Yu of course would be fitting, but Hyde is known to be a rather notable chick magnet. I doubt Ruby would ever get them due to her age. I guess there is a good amount of Persona and Under Night characters in her age range, but it still might feel a bit awkward, especially if it effects some adult characters. But I do agree that reversing the gender would be great. The closest we have gotten is when Rachel decided to put them on while she was alone at the very end of one of the skits(She was wondering why she isn't effected by the glasses when Ragna puts them on. Gee, I wonder why?)

That would be alot to do, as sprite work is only getting more and more difficult to do. Still a neat idea though.

You know, this touches upon a wish I have had for BBTAG since the start. I doubt it is happening anytime soon in playable form due to the voice leaks, but it is my wish to eventually see BBTAG get so comfortable as an entity that it does some crazy mix-ups with the characters and the rules of the other universes. Give non-Persona characters Persona's, shove Yosuke into the Susanoo Unit, turn someone into an In-Birth, etc. Just go nuts, because that those are things I think all of would love to see. Again, I doubt anything like this will happen anytime soon because of the voice leaks, but who knows, maybe there will be surprise boss that is something like this concept.

That's a hard question to answer, especially as someone not familiar with P3. If time has passed in-universe for everyone, I imagine people will be upset with reused sprites, especially in the case of the Investigation Team. If we are dealing with a Q situation, then I think Sprite reuse would be more accepted, but the lack of change would cause some disappointment.

It's apparently gotten to the point where even the games acknowledge that, yes, Yumi is pretty much taking over the role of protagonist. And I saw that. I am sure some people will wake up to a nice surprise. And usually bumps bring in more activity, as now it's on the front page.

If it wasn't for BBTAG, I feel like Under Knight wouldn't have gotten a spot in EVO this year. So yeah, I agree with you that it's helping. I think another factor helping out Blazblue is, strangely enough, it sticking to sprites. Let's be honest, Sol in Smash would look off. Smash is by no means a bad looking game, but the current style of Guilty Gear is so different from Guilty Gear that it's hard to visualize. Meanwhile, a 3D Ragna just seems like a cool opportunity.

It would certainly be fun. My only hope is that her default is her with the hat. Why doesn't she wear the hat anymore?

I am sure when the game comes out, all will make sense, but as of now we need more to work with.

Done.

Edit:
Haru's third tier has been revealed, among other things. I will put it in a spoiler because this post is already big enough.
As mentioned in the Joker Social, I think Haru's 3rd tier is based on this person if that literature section is anything to go by

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I am really wondering how the third tiers will work for Joker, Akechi and Kasumi. I imagine all of them will be based off their first Persona and look rather modern, but I wonder how they will go about it. I imagine Joker's should be rather impressive, especially after we all saw what his ultimate Persona was. Akechi's third tier is very hard to predict, as there is confusion as to what his first Persona even is in this regard. Cendrillion feels like an easy design to modernize.

amageish

Smash Master
Ah, that is very fair. She is very likeable.

Yeah, true. I wasn't aware it existed until the leak, but the reaction videos I've seen to 2.0 consistently had people recognize them. Some people didn't even find the tank strange because of their familiarity with it.

Definitely, yeah. Wagner would be a great addition! Hilda is also a pretty common request and would work as a villain if they didn't want to jump into characters from beyond the first game yet.

That is true - and it would be funny to see him get squished by the casts of every game. Yu and Hyde would both make sense in their own ways - maybe just give us multiple endings? As for Ruby, I forgot that BlazBlue doesn't also have the entire cast be teenagers. Yeah, that'd be super uncomfortable then. I don't know which female character they could give it to then... Heart is also very young. I guess Yumi could work? I certinaly hope she's of age, given her design... Yeah, Rachel is very cute in those endings.

That would be very interesting. Reminds me of MvCI's main villain, but that was one of the most interesting parts of that game. It'd be really cool to see a full blending of the worlds happen in a few story modes at least - even if gameplay isn't effected at all, showing the characters talking as if they are being transformed to meet that world's status quo... Continuing the P4 ending is an easy way to start that off, actually.

Yeah, that is true. I'd expect a Q situation if they reuse sprites. They would otherwise need to make new ones, but it would 100% come at the expense of characters. I feel like Yu, Yosuke, Naoto, Aigis, Misturu, and the Velvet Room attendants are all safe. Everyone else could be included or excluded depending on what the story is. The P3 MC seems basically confirmed to return in it though, so you'd have to give new movesets to him plus all the Phantom Thieves. I also feel like Futaba is popular enough they'd just upgrade her to playable without waiting for a second game (which they also probably wouldn't do now that the idea of doing 5 seasons of DLC is acceptable for a fighting game).

Wow. I missed that entirely (not that I've been paying much attention to the naunces of SK characters). I'll reply to your reply. Let's slowly take over haha.

If it wasn't for BBTAG, I feel like Under Knight wouldn't have gotten a spot in EVO this year. So yeah, I agree with you that it's helping. I think another factor helping out Blazblue is, strangely enough, it sticking to sprites. Let's be honest, Sol in Smash would look off. Smash is by no means a bad looking game, but the current style of Guilty Gear is so different from Guilty Gear that it's hard to visualize. Meanwhile, a 3D Ragna just seems like a cool opportunity.

Yeah, it definitely didn't hurt Under-Night at all - I hope it continues to grow as well, as it is a great game that I love to watch competitive players play. That is also very very fair, especially as that amazing Guilty Gear trailer just dropped. Ragna in 3D in Smash would look cool while still looking like Ranga - especially as other characters have looked so perfectly in-tune with their original spritework.

Maybe the developers decided the least realistic thing about BlazBlue was how she kept her hat on while during all of her jumps and twirls, so it was cut.

Neat. I wouldn't expect much in the way of news about the game then, but maybe a release window? I'm wondering if they'll give Feburary 14th another shot, after they failed to meet it with vanilla P5 (assuming it wasn't be reverse-delayed into December, that is).

You know, I am really wondering how the third tiers will work for Joker, Akechi and Kasumi. I imagine all of them will be based off their first Persona and look rather modern, but I wonder how they will go about it. I imagine Joker's should be rather impressive, especially after we all saw what his ultimate Persona was. Akechi's third tier is very hard to predict, as there is confusion as to what his first Persona even is in this regard. Cendrillion feels like an easy design to modernize.
I wouldn't be shocked if all three got new third tiers, unlike everyone else. If they follow the formula though, I'd expect them to be Lupin (Arsene's last name), Locksley (Robin Hood's fictional hometown, which he is sometimes called by), and Julia (Cendrillon's debut actress, as they seem to be weirdly going into the real world to name the female characters' final personas, while the male ones have just been different names for the fictional characters).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ah, that is very fair. She is very likeable.
Definitely. Also, just because it's so amazing, I would just like to inform you that the Golden Deer has declared war on the Black Eagles in real life.
Yeah, true. I wasn't aware it existed until the leak, but the reaction videos I've seen to 2.0 consistently had people recognize them. Some people didn't even find the tank strange because of their familiarity with it.
Most people for sure know Akatsuki from his guest appearance in Under Night(He uses his sprites from that game as well). I am sure many people looked into him when he was added to that game, and I can bet the Tank caused the biggest impression.
Definitely, yeah. Wagner would be a great addition! Hilda is also a pretty common request and would work as a villain if they didn't want to jump into characters from beyond the first game yet.
But they already added Mika, so they already have gone past the first game.
That is true - and it would be funny to see him get squished by the casts of every game. Yu and Hyde would both make sense in their own ways - maybe just give us multiple endings? As for Ruby, I forgot that BlazBlue doesn't also have the entire cast be teenagers. Yeah, that'd be super uncomfortable then. I don't know which female character they could give it to then... Heart is also very young. I guess Yumi could work? I certinaly hope she's of age, given her design... Yeah, Rachel is very cute in those endings.
The crossover attraction would be the highlight of it all. I will say this when it comes to Ruby, she for sure will be one of the character who gets attracted no matter who wears the spectacles, even if it's Ragna. After all, Platinum was roped into one of the Eros gags before, and Rachel mocked that for all it's worth. Same goes for Heart as well, but that would kinda be a mythology gag towards an April Fools game ArkSys made where her and Ragna went on a date. As for Yumi, she is 18, so she is of age.

You know, I wonder if anyone from the other series will catch on to Rachel's affection for Ragna, considering it may be more easily noticed to them because of their differing views from the Blazblue cast.
That would be very interesting. Reminds me of MvCI's main villain, but that was one of the most interesting parts of that game. It'd be really cool to see a full blending of the worlds happen in a few story modes at least - even if gameplay isn't effected at all, showing the characters talking as if they are being transformed to meet that world's status quo... Continuing the P4 ending is an easy way to start that off, actually.
Yeah, Ultron Sigma was a great idea that was attached to something less than great. I love how the name fits so well with each characters naming conventions when it came to their other forms. The Persona world that was made certainly has the most potential when it comes to this, as that world seems to have rewritten everyone to the Persona standard(And I get the feeling that it will try and re-wright the Investigation Team to think this is normal as well). I imagine the rewritten characters would loose any powers they used to have, but would still rock their weapon equivalent and gain a Persona. An example would be Ruby lacking most of her original mobility options and trade in the gun scythe for the normal farming kind, but have a Persona based off Red Riding Hood or something.

I feel like this mixing concept will appear as a boss first, if only to test the waters a bit. What it would be, I have no clue.
Yeah, that is true. I'd expect a Q situation if they reuse sprites. They would otherwise need to make new ones, but it would 100% come at the expense of characters. I feel like Yu, Yosuke, Naoto, Aigis, Misturu, and the Velvet Room attendants are all safe. Everyone else could be included or excluded depending on what the story is. The P3 MC seems basically confirmed to return in it though, so you'd have to give new movesets to him plus all the Phantom Thieves. I also feel like Futaba is popular enough they'd just upgrade her to playable without waiting for a second game (which they also probably wouldn't do now that the idea of doing 5 seasons of DLC is acceptable for a fighting game).
I agree that hose characters would for sure appear. Yu being both the old protag and alive, Yosuke for being the partnner and exploring how he is handling Junes, Naoto because they already tried it(Even if it was not well received), Aigis because aging is for the weak, Misturu because of her leading position, and the Velevet Room attendant because they agree with Aigis on aging. I will say, why is it that the P3 MC seems to be such a certainty? Can you tell me why?
Wow. I missed that entirely (not that I've been paying much attention to the naunces of SK characters). I'll reply to your reply. Let's slowly take over haha.
I only learned that because of TV Tropes(Yes, I am addicted to that site). I saw that, but let's not suffocate the thread with back and forth if no one is seemingly coming on. Otherwise things will look awkward. We may constantly do that here, but there are silent thread owner privileges involved. Or at least, I think.
I think I fail at humor.
Yeah, it definitely didn't hurt Under-Night at all - I hope it continues to grow as well, as it is a great game that I love to watch competitive players play. That is also very very fair, especially as that amazing Guilty Gear trailer just dropped. Ragna in 3D in Smash would look cool while still looking like Ranga - especially as other characters have looked so perfectly in-tune with their original spritework.
Hopefully it is able to return next year. Of course, I also hope BBTAG makes it to next years EVO, but that feels kinda certain with the constant updates and it being one of the 4 Sunday games this year.
You know, has Ragna ever gotten a 3D model outside of his chibi in BBTAG?
Maybe the developers decided the least realistic thing about BlazBlue was how she kept her hat on while during all of her jumps and twirls, so it was cut.
Realism and anime fighters don't mix.
Neat. I wouldn't expect much in the way of news about the game then, but maybe a release window? I'm wondering if they'll give Feburary 14th another shot, after they failed to meet it with vanilla P5 (assuming it wasn't be reverse-delayed into December, that is).
Maybe, but would they announce what would be a date announcement all the way in mid July?
I wouldn't be shocked if all three got new third tiers, unlike everyone else. If they follow the formula though, I'd expect them to be Lupin (Arsene's last name), Locksley (Robin Hood's fictional hometown, which he is sometimes called by), and Julia (Cendrillon's debut actress, as they seem to be weirdly going into the real world to name the female characters' final personas, while the male ones have just been different names for the fictional characters).
I could believe it, especially with them all being more tied to the story and possibly being apart of some major shakeups(All the theories we have discussed in regard to the three).

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Definitely. Also, just because it's so amazing, I would just like to inform you that the Golden Deer has declared war on the Black Eagles in real life.
Wow. I do love it when VAs get this into character and play with their roles.

Most people for sure know Akatsuki from his guest appearance in Under Night(He uses his sprites from that game as well). I am sure many people looked into him when he was added to that game, and I can bet the Tank caused the biggest impression.
Ah, right! I forgot he did that, as they weren't quite as silly about it as they were with Sion. That does explain why so many people knew him but not the tank though.

But they already added Mika, so they already have gone past the first game.
I am apparently having an off-day for my Under-Night knowledge. That is a very good point. Hilda still seems like she has a chance too though.

The crossover attraction would be the highlight of it all. I will say this when it comes to Ruby, she for sure will be one of the character who gets attracted no matter who wears the spectacles, even if it's Ragna. After all, Platinum was roped into one of the Eros gags before, and Rachel mocked that for all it's worth. Same goes for Heart as well, but that would kinda be a mythology gag towards an April Fools game ArkSys made where her and Ragna went on a date. As for Yumi, she is 18, so she is of age.
That is definitely true - Ruby already takes the role of somewhat overbearing fangirl in the story mode anyway, even without anyone having magical attraction goggles. I didn't know about that April Fools gag, but Heart going head over heels makes sense for her character from what I know about it (I've technically played Arcana Heart, but never got into it enough to learn any lore). Yumi could probably work if they wanted a female to wear the goggles then.

You know, I wonder if anyone from the other series will catch on to Rachel's affection for Ragna, considering it may be more easily noticed to them because of their differing views from the Blazblue cast.
Perhaps? That'd probably be a good closer gag to an Eros bit, with someone chasing her around all excited about discovering her crush. That sounds like a Ruby thing to do, actually.

Yeah, Ultron Sigma was a great idea that was attached to something less than great. I love how the name fits so well with each characters naming conventions when it came to their other forms. The Persona world that was made certainly has the most potential when it comes to this, as that world seems to have rewritten everyone to the Persona standard(And I get the feeling that it will try and re-wright the Investigation Team to think this is normal as well). I imagine the rewritten characters would loose any powers they used to have, but would still rock their weapon equivalent and gain a Persona. An example would be Ruby lacking most of her original mobility options and trade in the gun scythe for the normal farming kind, but have a Persona based off Red Riding Hood or something.

I feel like this mixing concept will appear as a boss first, if only to test the waters a bit. What it would be, I have no clue.
Poor MvCI. Hopefully they make a successor that does the concepts justice - Ultimate Alliance 3 really got me hungry for one. Yeah, that would work super well for a Personaverse - I like the idea of Red Riding Hood as Ruby's persona as well...

I mean, the easiest start would probably be giving the non-Persona characters shadows? You wouldn't need to make an original boss, but you still get crossover potential and some solid drama depending on which characters get them.

I agree that hose characters would for sure appear. Yu being both the old protag and alive, Yosuke for being the partnner and exploring how he is handling Junes, Naoto because they already tried it(Even if it was not well received), Aigis because aging is for the weak, Misturu because of her leading position, and the Velevet Room attendant because they agree with Aigis on aging. I will say, why is it that the P3 MC seems to be such a certainty? Can you tell me why?
Definitely. Yosuke is also super popular in Japan, so he seems very compulsory. Naoto meeting up with Akechi seems obligatory and Misturu/Aigis will likely be needed for the story to continue the Shadow Operatives plot.

As for P3MC, Ultimax was teasing his return already, but the nail in the coffin for me was P3DMN. Elizabeth is post-P5 and is pretty not-subtle about her plans. Even though appeasing P5 fans will obviously be the priority of P5A, I feel like it'd be a bit of a **** move to not wrap up Elizabeth's restoration quest at this point. Plus, having the three protagonists all fighting would make for an easy announcement teaser trailer.

I only learned that because of TV Tropes(Yes, I am addicted to that site). I saw that, but let's not suffocate the thread with back and forth if no one is seemingly coming on. Otherwise things will look awkward. We may constantly do that here, but there are silent thread owner privileges involved. Or at least, I think.
I think I fail at humor..
TV Tropes is a good site; totally fair. Good plan as well. I don't want to take over another thread haha.

Hopefully it is able to return next year. Of course, I also hope BBTAG makes it to next years EVO, but that feels kinda certain with the constant updates and it being one of the 4 Sunday games this year.
You know, has Ragna ever gotten a 3D model outside of his chibi in BBTAG?
I don't... think so? His outfit is maybe a costume in a random 3D game, as ArcSys does let other companies cosplay as their characters with some degree of regularity (Them's Fighting Herds even includes pony Ragna), but I don't think Ragna himself has even been in 3D.

Maybe, but would they announce what would be a date announcement all the way in mid July?
ATLUS rarely announces localizations without dates and tends to do things heavily in advance. They're not a company that likes to surprise you, even if they enjoy drawn-out teaser trailers as well. Given how P5R will be getting an abnormal amount of attention, I doubt this will be one they will keep quiet about.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With that datamine "Jane" character with the ponytail likely being Kasumi, do you guys think if we get Echos outside the Season Pass that Kasumi would be a lock? I do.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wow. I do love it when VAs get this into character and play with their roles.
I swear, this is the most heartwarming I have seen the Fire Emblem fandom. Three Houses really is wonderful. The fact that Seteth's voice actor is also reading out people meme quest requests is also great.

I am apparently having an off-day for my Under-Night knowledge. That is a very good point. Hilda still seems like she has a chance too though.
Yeah, Hilda is still rather likely when it comes to villains. The option is just out there.
That is definitely true - Ruby already takes the role of somewhat overbearing fangirl in the story mode anyway, even without anyone having magical attraction goggles. I didn't know about that April Fools gag, but Heart going head over heels makes sense for her character from what I know about it (I've technically played Arcana Heart, but never got into it enough to learn any lore). Yumi could probably work if they wanted a female to wear the goggles then.
Yeah, I imagine it would just multiply her fangirling and would be more directed at Ragna himself rather than his weapon. I will say when it comes to Ruby and the relationships she has with other protags, she gets a lot of ship moments with Hyde. They share textbooks in the P4 ending, they team up in the Under Night story when Hyde thought she was being attacked, they have a pretty civil conversation in the RWBY story before they fight, and there general interactions in normal vs matches feel a bit shippy as well. I don't know much about Heart, but I imagine that would be the case.
Perhaps? That'd probably be a good closer gag to an Eros bit, with someone chasing her around all excited about discovering her crush. That sounds like a Ruby thing to do, actually.
Sounds like a fun gag ending, and Ruby and Rachel seem to get along surprisingly well.
Poor MvCI. Hopefully they make a successor that does the concepts justice - Ultimate Alliance 3 really got me hungry for one. Yeah, that would work super well for a Personaverse - I like the idea of Red Riding Hood as Ruby's persona as well...
With those home arcade cabinets of Marvel based Capcom games being made, they are still on speaking terms at least. I figure that any RWBY Persona would just be the characters inspiration.
As for P3MC, Ultimax was teasing his return already, but the nail in the coffin for me was P3DMN. Elizabeth is post-P5 and is pretty not-subtle about her plans. Even though appeasing P5 fans will obviously be the priority of P5A, I feel like it'd be a bit of a **** move to not wrap up Elizabeth's restoration quest at this point. Plus, having the three protagonists all fighting would make for an easy announcement teaser trailer.
Ahh, so it's a story arc thing. That makes sense.
I don't... think so? His outfit is maybe a costume in a random 3D game, as ArcSys does let other companies cosplay as their characters with some degree of regularity (Them's Fighting Herds even includes pony Ragna), but I don't think Ragna himself has even been in 3D.
I remember the Them's Fighting Herds costume. Wasn't there two other costumes that came with it? Anyway, I don't recall any 3D costomes being given out, so I doubt he's ever been in 3D.
ATLUS rarely announces localizations without dates and tends to do things heavily in advance. They're not a company that likes to surprise you, even if they enjoy drawn-out teaser trailers as well. Given how P5R will be getting an abnormal amount of attention, I doubt this will be one they will keep quiet about.
I guess that makes sense.
With that datamine "Jane" character with the ponytail likely being Kasumi, do you guys think if we get Echos outside the Season Pass that Kasumi would be a lock? I do.
Yes, I do think she would be a lock. In fact, I have been so confident on her that she's my main reason I believe that there will be DLC outside of the Fighter pass. I have faith in her.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
If they announce an Echo pass or something, my opinion on Kasumi’s chances would instantly turn from wishful thinking to confident prediction. That being said, I have no idea what the chances of extra DLC even are so I’m not really considering her chances until something of the sort gets confirmed.

amageish

Smash Master
I swear, this is the most heartwarming I have seen the Fire Emblem fandom. Three Houses really is wonderful. The fact that Seteth's voice actor is also reading out people meme quest requests is also great.
That is wonderful! Echoes did have some of that sort of thing with Alm's VA playing through it, but this is a whole new level and I love it.

Yeah, I imagine it would just multiply her fangirling and would be more directed at Ragna himself rather than his weapon. I will say when it comes to Ruby and the relationships she has with other protags, she gets a lot of ship moments with Hyde. They share textbooks in the P4 ending, they team up in the Under Night story when Hyde thought she was being attacked, they have a pretty civil conversation in the RWBY story before they fight, and there general interactions in normal vs matches feel a bit shippy as well. I don't know much about Heart, but I imagine that would be the case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely. Maybe still fanboy over the weapon a bit, conflicted about which one she loves more? That is interesting - I did not notice any of those ship moments at the time, but that makes sense I suppose. They'd be a cute duo.

Sounds like a fun gag ending, and Ruby and Rachel seem to get along surprisingly well.
Yeah, I liked how they played Rachel and Ruby off of each other... Gosh, I do really hope we get a gag ending now that you've brought it up - assuming the new story elements aren't all just gag endings.

With those home arcade cabinets of Marvel based Capcom games being made, they are still on speaking terms at least. I figure that any RWBY Persona would just be the characters inspiration.
Yeah, I'm sure they are still on good terms; I just don't know if they'd make a sequel when the last one went so poorly. It seems like it'd be a risky decision for the investors. The fact Verge's "leak" about MvC4 never came true does also make me think there was some plans scrapped due to Infinite's failure... Yeah, that would make sense for the RWBY cast... BB also has a lot of mythological connections, obviously. Then Arcana Heart, shockingly, has a lot of characters tied to Arcana, so they could derive some personas out of that?

Ahh, so it's a story arc thing. That makes sense.
Yup. It's one of those things they could just keep putting off until "Elizabeth has solved it!," but, again, they've been teasing people for years. Just give them what they were asking for already...

I do wonder though, for P5A:

Would Caroline/Justine be a duo character? Would Lavenza be a seprate single character? Or would they transform between the two modes as one character?

I remember the Them's Fighting Herds costume. Wasn't there two other costumes that came with it? Anyway, I don't recall any 3D costomes being given out, so I doubt he's ever been in 3D.
Yeah, they had a variety of ArcSys ponies (and also Skullgirls) for that game. It's a unique game, all right. I do actually enjoy what I've played of it - the art is very pretty. I guess the only offical "3D" Ragna was from the stageplay then, which doesn't exactly count due to real life having a kind of inherent 3D-ness to it.

I imagine Kasumi would be the announcement of echo fighter DLC for sure.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That is wonderful! Echoes did have some of that sort of thing with Alm's VA playing through it, but this is a whole new level and I love it.
I think Celica's VA was there as well. Funny enough, Celica's VA was very openly thirsting on Dimitri on Twitter, which later resulted in some badly written fan fiction from her and this amazing post.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeah, definitely. Maybe still fanboy over the weapon a bit, conflicted about which one she loves more? That is interesting - I did not notice any of those ship moments at the time, but that makes sense I suppose. They'd be a cute duo.
You haven't watched RWBY Chibi, but this is that scenario would be the perfect opportunity to throw in a certain katana joke. As for Ruby X Hyde, I am sure it's in part a result of Hyde being a clueless chick magnet and Ruby being the only female protag, but it would be a nice pair. It's always interesting when companies are willing to have relationships that spit in the face of normal continuity. Shame they are fated to never last because of it.
Yeah, I liked how they played Rachel and Ruby off of each other... Gosh, I do really hope we get a gag ending now that you've brought it up - assuming the new story elements aren't all just gag endings.
While that one image of the ice gang would fit in a gag ending, it does seem there is more to it than that. They have to introduce new character after all, and we did get a screenshot of Seth and Hyde talking.
Yeah, I'm sure they are still on good terms; I just don't know if they'd make a sequel when the last one went so poorly. It seems like it'd be a risky decision for the investors. The fact Verge's "leak" about MvC4 never came true does also make me think there was some plans scrapped due to Infinite's failure... Yeah, that would make sense for the RWBY cast... BB also has a lot of mythological connections, obviously. Then Arcana Heart, shockingly, has a lot of characters tied to Arcana, so they could derive some personas out of that?
Yeah, Infinite failure is going to haunt whatever is made next. At least this time they could probably include the X-Men. And yeah, it would be rather easy to assign thematically relevant Persona's to all of these characters. Makes me wonder what they could do with Senran Kagura and Akatsuki Blitzkampf Persona wise.
Yup. It's one of those things they could just keep putting off until "Elizabeth has solved it!," but, again, they've been teasing people for years. Just give them what they were asking for already...

I do wonder though, for P5A:
If they have constantly done that, then I imagine they have something in mind.

As for the other thing...
I think they would do both, as they have showcased that ability in P5D. Maybe it would be the pair most of the time, but they would transform into Lavenza for powerful attacks.
Yeah, they had a variety of ArcSys ponies (and also Skullgirls) for that game. It's a unique game, all right. I do actually enjoy what I've played of it - the art is very pretty. I guess the only offical "3D" Ragna was from the stageplay then, which doesn't exactly count due to real life having a kind of inherent 3D-ness to it.
It looks rather fun. Nice that they got the positive association. And I agree, the stageplay doesn't count. Crazy how the protag of 10+ year series with so many appearances under his belt has never gotten a official 3D model. Would certainly make a Smash appearance all the more impactful in that regard though.

Now that we are mentioning the game, I think Skullgirls is probably going to rise to be one of the most popular new fate requests. Doubt it will be anytime soon, as we have all names from the announcer leak showcasing they have plenty left to do already, as well as Skullgirls being a fighting game where reusing sprites is an impossibility.

You know, I imagine if Kasumi was ever in the RTC, she would rank rather poorly, both in chance and want. I mean, plenty of people are wishing for Joker to get nerfed, so getting anther version of his kit might not sit well. Does make me wonder how MKLeo would react to her. And there is the fact that P5R is seemingly not coming to Switch and the dislike of characters getting in before they are even released(If she is announced before P5R gets released, of course).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the topic of Yumi taking precedence over everyone else in SK for BBTAG; that wouldn't happen in Smash Bros, I assure you. Outside of maybe ROB (who is a gaming peripheral even then), there hasn't been a single series inclusion that started with anything but the main character(s). Even Dragon Quest, a franchise that's known for the secondaries always getting included over heroes in crossovers, followed that pattern. If a character is super-popular, maybe they can get in as the second inclusion, but that's as close as they'd ever get to being first. :ultisabelle:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
On the topic of Yumi taking precedence over everyone else in SK for BBTAG; that wouldn't happen in Smash Bros, I assure you. Outside of maybe ROB (who is a gaming peripheral even then), there hasn't been a single series inclusion that started with anything but the main character(s). Even Dragon Quest, a franchise that's known for the secondaries always getting included over heroes in crossovers, followed that pattern. If a character is super-popular, maybe they can get in as the second inclusion, but that's as close as they'd ever get to being first. :ultisabelle:
Oh, you don't have to put it in spoilers unless it is massive, like how the BBTAG talk between amageish amageish and I usually end up. I agree that protags always take center stage when a new series comes around(I think R.O.B. still counts as a protag of the games he operates). Senran Kagura isn't a series I have really considered before though, as I know very little. I am guessing you are familiar with it if you are clarifying Asuka's chances when it comes to Smash after the BBTAG Yumi chat.

Edit:
Or, at least I think you are trying to say something about Asuka in Smash. You don't really bring her up, but it almost seems like you are trying to say that Yumi wouldn't be who they choose for Smash rather than some general talk about how they select first characters.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I think Celica's VA was there as well. Funny enough, Celica's VA was very openly thirsting on Dimitri on Twitter, which later resulted in some badly written fan fiction from her and this amazing post.
Erica Lindbeck is one of the best humans (I have a signed Futaba print on my wall). I haven't been checking Twitter regularly though, so thank you for filling me in. That is an amazing post.

You haven't watched RWBY Chibi, but this is that scenario would be the perfect opportunity to throw in a certain katana joke. As for Ruby X Hyde, I am sure it's in part a result of Hyde being a clueless chick magnet and Ruby being the only female protag, but it would be a nice pair. It's always interesting when companies are willing to have relationships that spit in the face of normal continuity. Shame they are fated to never last because of it.
I aim to binge RWBY Chibi soon, so I'll come back and laugh at that in-joke then! Yeah, Ruby being the only female protag at launch does definitely aid her role in it. I like when crossover games let fanfiction become real. It's a lot of fun. And, hey, maybe they'll pull a Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen - "I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND; SHE'S JUST IN AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION."

While that one image of the ice gang would fit in a gag ending, it does seem there is more to it than that. They have to introduce new character after all, and we did get a screenshot of Seth and Hyde talking.
That is fair. I still wonder if the stories will be serious or just gags though.

Yeah, Infinite failure is going to haunt whatever is made next. At least this time they could probably include the X-Men. And yeah, it would be rather easy to assign thematically relevant Persona's to all of these characters. Makes me wonder what they could do with Senran Kagura and Akatsuki Blitzkampf Persona wise.
Yeah, I feel like they could gain good press with a more comic-y artstyle, X-Men, and an apology (maybe having Deadpool just openly mock Infinite, like how Sonic Boom took the piss out of Sonic Boom). Well, for Akatsuki, we can bring back the Reich Arcana from Persona 2 I suppose. Then use a lot of weaponary as personas? As for Senran Kagura, we can find the weird amount of sexual personas and use all of them I guess (seriously, why does Cthulhu have a penis)?

If they have constantly done that, then I imagine they have something in mind.

As for the other thing...
I think they would do both, as they have showcased that ability in P5D. Maybe it would be the pair most of the time, but they would transform into Lavenza for powerful attacks.
True! I am interested in where the story is headed as well.

I agree with your conclusion in the spoiler as well!

It looks rather fun. Nice that they got the positive association. And I agree, the stageplay doesn't count. Crazy how the protag of 10+ year series with so many appearances under his belt has never gotten a official 3D model. Would certainly make a Smash appearance all the more impactful in that regard though.

Now that we are mentioning the game, I think Skullgirls is probably going to rise to be one of the most popular new fate requests. Doubt it will be anytime soon, as we have all names from the announcer leak showcasing they have plenty left to do already, as well as Skullgirls being a fighting game where reusing sprites is an impossibility.
Yeah, it is pretty impressive. Smash would be one hell of a stage to make your 3D debut haha.

Oh, definitely. I don't know if it's considered an anime fighter, but it definitely would fit right in when characters are redrawn into the art style. I'd welcome it aboard, though I am not super familiar with the franchise.

IYou know, I imagine if Kasumi was ever in the RTC, she would rank rather poorly, both in chance and want. I mean, plenty of people are wishing for Joker to get nerfed, so getting anther version of his kit might not sit well. Does make me wonder how MKLeo would react to her. And there is the fact that P5R is seemingly not coming to Switch and the dislike of characters getting in before they are even released(If she is announced before P5R gets released, of course).
Yeah, I imagine P5R not being on the Switch would really piss people off. Heck, I've seen people complain that Banjo is "just giving Microsoft free advertising" and Banjo is easily one of the most requested characters ever, so I have no idea how they'd feel about someone from a new PS4 exclusive getting in. She would, however, have the power of waifu on her side, so even if people were salty, I imagine the fanart would be pouring out like a waterfall.

Good to know! Asuka does seem to have the more unique design from my untrained eye, even though I do like ice-using white-haired characters.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I aim to binge RWBY Chibi soon, so I'll come back and laugh at that in-joke then! Yeah, Ruby being the only female protag at launch does definitely aid her role in it. I like when crossover games let fanfiction become real. It's a lot of fun. And, hey, maybe they'll pull a Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen - "I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND; SHE'S JUST IN AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION."
It wont take too long for you to experience the joke. Trust me. And I must say, BBTAG is already pretty fanfictiony, so getting anymore of it is great. Also, Hyde and Ruby getting together would probably be one of the trolliest moves they could pull ship wise, as both are so widely shipped in their home series.
That is fair. I still wonder if the stories will be serious or just gags though.
Probably a mix of both. It's really a matter of how in depth they will get with both factors that interests me. After all, in story mode, the only time you got images depicting scene was for the endings, and the ice gang picture doesn't come off as an ending to me.
Yeah, I feel like they could gain good press with a more comic-y artstyle, X-Men, and an apology (maybe having Deadpool just openly mock Infinite, like how Sonic Boom took the piss out of Sonic Boom). Well, for Akatsuki, we can bring back the Reich Arcana from Persona 2 I suppose. Then use a lot of weaponary as personas? As for Senran Kagura, we can find the weird amount of sexual personas and use all of them I guess (seriously, why does Cthulhu have a penis)?
That feels like the Deadpool thing to do. And I knew that Hitler was a thing in P2, but not that there was an Reich Arcana. What is that supposed to represent? And I guess that could work for Senran Kagura, though I imagine there is more that we are both missing.
Yeah, it is pretty impressive. Smash would be one hell of a stage to make your 3D debut haha.
Retro reps can attest to that.

Yeah, I imagine P5R not being on the Switch would really piss people off. Heck, I've seen people complain that Banjo is "just giving Microsoft free advertising" and Banjo is easily one of the most requested characters ever, so I have no idea how they'd feel about someone from a new PS4 exclusive getting in. She would, however, have the power of waifu on her side, so even if people were salty, I imagine the fanart would be pouring out like a waterfall.
Yeah, complaints would be inevitable. Art would certainly be great though, especially after seeing all of the art Joker got. Wonder how people will interpret how Kasumi interacts with Bayo, considering how Bayo being Jokers Mom is such solid fanon now.
Good to know! Asuka does seem to have the more unique design from my untrained eye, even though I do like ice-using white-haired characters.
Shinobi schoolgirl is certainly not something that's ever been in Smash before. We could always use more ninja like characters as well, as there is only really Sheik and Greninja.

You know, getting back to the announcement on the 17th thing, is there other things that it could be besides a release date? It's certainly likely, but it's good to consider multiple possibilities.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
It wont take too long for you to experience the joke. Trust me. And I must say, BBTAG is already pretty fanfictiony, so getting anymore of it is great. Also, Hyde and Ruby getting together would probably be one of the trolliest moves they could pull ship wise, as both are so widely shipped in their home series.
Ah, okay. Good to know. Yeah, BBTAG is incredibly fanfiction-y, but it'd be cool to see them lean into it. Yeah, it'd be actively hurting the canon of two great franchises in the favour of crossover crack ships, but it would be entertaining!

Probably a mix of both. It's really a matter of how in depth they will get with both factors that interests me. After all, in story mode, the only time you got images depicting scene was for the endings, and the ice gang picture doesn't come off as an ending to me.
Ahhhhh, true. I guess we're maybe getting mid-scenes then? That would be sweet. I'm also definitely interested in the depth as well - the fact they didn't play up the story content in the 2.0 reveal trailer has be almost more interested...

That feels like the Deadpool thing to do. And I knew that Hitler was a thing in P2, but not that there was an Reich Arcana. What is that supposed to represent? And I guess that could work for Senran Kagura, though I imagine there is more that we are both missing.
The Reich Arcana represented the fact they needed an Arcana for all the Nazis. It wasn't an adaptation of any real Tarot or anything - they had quite a few made-up stuff in P2, also including a Zombie Arcana. I wouldn't expect them to be brought out in any official form, but they'd work as an easy reference for a crossover fanfiction-y game haha. Yes, I am aware Senran Kagura has a deeper story about rival schools and ninja-training, so they probably could survive off of all the various ninjas that have appeared in MegaTen, but let's be real: It's mostly known for the boobs.

Retro reps can attest to that.
True! Ness, Ice Climbers, and such all did get their 3D debuts in Smash. I don't think any third parties have before though - even if we may want to pretend the Belmonts haven't been in 3D before, they have.

Yeah, complaints would be inevitable. Art would certainly be great though, especially after seeing all of the art Joker got. Wonder how people will interpret how Kasumi interacts with Bayo, considering how Bayo being Jokers Mom is such solid fanon now.
I imagine that Kasumi/Joker shipping would go up a tonne and there would be lots of "meeting the family"-style art with them. Or maybe Bayonetta is a very overprotective mother, idk.

You know, getting back to the announcement on the 17th thing, is there other things that it could be besides a release date? It's certainly likely, but it's good to consider multiple possibilities.
I don't know. ATLUS tends to pretend the internet doesn't exist, so they could "announce" something we already know (like how E3 had a Catherine party featuring the "announcement" of the Joker DLC). It'd be insanely out of character to present information not known in Japan in an English event - the only times that has happened AFIAK were with Arena announcements, which were technically run by ArcSys. It'd be nice to see them modernize and admit we already know a lot of stuff from fan translations though...[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ah, okay. Good to know. Yeah, BBTAG is incredibly fanfiction-y, but it'd be cool to see them lean into it. Yeah, it'd be actively hurting the canon of two great franchises in the favour of crossover crack ships, but it would be entertaining!
I didn't mean it in a canon wounding way(I doubt it would matter), but more of a fandom way. Both characters have been shipped with so many people from their own franchises(Crack or otherwise) that having them become a crossover couple would be hilariously trolly in a way.
Ahhhhh, true. I guess we're maybe getting mid-scenes then? That would be sweet. I'm also definitely interested in the depth as well - the fact they didn't play up the story content in the 2.0 reveal trailer has be almost more interested...
Unless one of the endings have them forming an ice brigade for some reason, that is what I would assume. And yeah, it is rather strange that no story stuff was highlighted in the trailer. Very little outside of the new characters was highlighted, in fact. People have spotted a new mechanic that is apparently very similar to something in Infinite(It's a partner switch where your partner comes in with a attack immediately), but that was not noted at all. Seems like they are hiding a bunch of the new stuff.
The Reich Arcana represented the fact they needed an Arcana for all the Nazis. It wasn't an adaptation of any real Tarot or anything - they had quite a few made-up stuff in P2, also including a Zombie Arcana. I wouldn't expect them to be brought out in any official form, but they'd work as an easy reference for a crossover fanfiction-y game haha. Yes, I am aware Senran Kagura has a deeper story about rival schools and ninja-training, so they probably could survive off of all the various ninjas that have appeared in MegaTen, but let's be real: It's mostly known for the boobs.
I think it's worth noting, and I guess this is kinda spoilers for Akatsuki Blitzkampf...
Akatsuki's personal goals were contrary to what Imperial Japan wanted(It seems Imperial Japan and the Nazi's were still allies in this world. Curse this story being hard to find), so he was sent on a mission through the arctic by his boss(Murakumo) that was meant to kill him. That failed of course, as he pulled a Captain America and came back decades later, searching for answers. The fact that he is also a military experiment furthers the whole Captain America comparison. Obviously that would likely mean no Reich for him, though I figure you weren't thinking that anyway. Adler, fritz and Murakumo on the other hand? Yeah, they fit it.

Note: Electrosoldat would get it as well, but he did not get an announcer clip, so he won't be in BBTAG.
What the heck is the context beyond the Zombie arcana? And yes, I think everyone can agree that is how anyone outside of the fanbase see's Senran Kagura.
True! Ness, Ice Climbers, and such all did get their 3D debuts in Smash. I don't think any third parties have before though - even if we may want to pretend the Belmonts haven't been in 3D before, they have.
I mean, maybe they haven't been in 3D with their classic designs.
I imagine that Kasumi/Joker shipping would go up a tonne and there would be lots of "meeting the family"-style art with them. Or maybe Bayonetta is a very overprotective mother, idk.
Yeah, I imagine her in Smash will give her quite the advantage in regard to the best girl for Joker, especially with the whole "meeting the family" idea. The fact that she already has some sort high opinion of him adds more fuel to the fire.
I don't know. ATLUS tends to pretend the internet doesn't exist, so they could "announce" something we already know (like how E3 had a Catherine party featuring the "announcement" of the Joker DLC). It'd be insanely out of character to present information not known in Japan in an English event - the only times that has happened AFIAK were with Arena announcements, which were technically run by ArcSys. It'd be nice to see them modernize and admit we already know a lot of stuff from fan translations though...
Yeah, that would suck. I would rather it be a date announcement then just getting the same info again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom