• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's a pretty good model, comparing it to Smash one however, goes to show just how ridiculously detailed Ultimate renders are.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Could you send a link? Kasumi's codename would be nice, maybe some more info on the confidants, events or maybe even the new dungeon. Kinda doubt that last one, but you never know.
I'm not really sure about the linking rules of Smashboards, but apparently we're getting info at SegaNama.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Guys, I just had something noted to me. The Valentine's episode has a mystery person who Joker will meet at an opera. Considering that Cendrillion is a specific opera inspiration, what if it is Kasumi? It would be unlike the others in that it is not a date, but rather Joker seeing her perform by chance.
D94ICOEWwAAr3ha.jpeg

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Guys, I just had something noted to me. The Valentine's episode has a mystery person who Joker will meet at an opera. Considering that Cendrillion is a specific opera inspiration, what if it is Kasumi? It would be unlike the others in that it is not a date, but rather Joker seeing her perform by chance.
View attachment 229273
if they're actually playing it up as a mystery then it's either her or a fakeout gag like morgana/yusuke

seems about the time to spring royal marketing on the animation viewers

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
if they're actually playing it up as a mystery then it's either her or a fakeout gag like morgana/yusuke

seems about the time to spring royal marketing on the animation viewers
When I first heard of this, I was actually thinking it would be
Lavenza. No offense to any of the other Phantom Thieves, but no one among them is name block worthy. Lavenza would be a legitimate surprise to hide, especially with how little screentime she has gotten.
Kasumi makes way too much sense as of now though, and I get the feeling that maybe this is a hint to the new palace. The Phantom Thieves infiltrating an Opera is too good to pass up.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Kinda amusing how this thread and the Joker Social thread is where I get most of my Persona 5 related news since the actual Persona 5 subreddit tends to have news buried by art posts, ****posts, and memes.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, if Kasumi is a performer at this opera and that carries over to the game(I imagine it will), I am surprised she doesn't have a more opera like mask. I know that would be a bit more on the nose and would not match up with most of the other mask designs(The others are more domino mask like), but it could've been pretty cool. Now that I think about it, what even is Kasumi's mask?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You know, if Kasumi is a performer at this opera and that carries over to the game(I imagine it will), I am surprised she doesn't have a more opera like mask. I know that would be a bit more on the nose and would not match up with most of the other mask designs(The others are more domino mask like), but it could've been pretty cool. Now that I think about it, what even is Kasumi's mask?
everybody gangsta until kasumi yoshizawa walks in like

1561501771805.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway while we bide our time waiting for something to maybe happen here's kasumi except she's an oversized pizza dough bubble

1561502755587.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Going to quote this here.
Well, I just found out who the mystery person in the ova is and it is not Kasumi.
Edit: Some spoilers, of course.
Sae. Before anyone gets too excited about a dating possibility in P5R, apparently info is coming in that Sae treats the Opera as a friend would rather than romantically.
In case anyone is wondering, I have not posted any links because the source was a tweet with a swear. I can put in the screen shots from those tweet if anyone is curious.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with that i like this character so some screentime would be cool.

amageish

Smash Master
They'll probably do a Persona 5 The Royal Anime for Kasumi later anyway...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They'll probably do a Persona 5 The Royal Anime for Kasumi later anyway...
Hopefully it pulls a reverse of what the P4 anime's did. While I know it's not the only reason, the P4 Golden anime certainly did not help how Marie was seen. And considering what the P5 anime did with Akechi...

amageish

Smash Master
Hopefully it pulls a reverse of what the P4 anime's did. While I know it's not the only reason, the P4 Golden anime certainly did not help how Marie was seen. And considering what the P5 anime did with Akechi...
True... I also wonder if they could do the "anime NG+" idea given how Ren's personality is very consistently mundane, unlike Yu's social stat gimmick. I imagine they'll have to do things differently this time, both practically and for story-telling reasons...

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
What did it do with Akechi? I’m out of the loop on the anime so I’d appreciate if you could explain its issues to me

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What did it do with Akechi? I’m out of the loop on the anime so I’d appreciate if you could explain its issues to me
I didn't watch the anime itself, but I heard that Akechi was shoehorned into about everything, to the point that he apparently made an appearance in most episodes. There was even a "Akechi quota" meme.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, has anyone here seen the OVA yet(If it has been released by now, of course)? Specifically, the last one. If the person in the last date is a hint towards something in P5R, I am wondering if there is anything else being hinted at in it.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What do you guys think about the theory that Kasumi will end up as a villain? I hope it isn't true, but evidence seems to be piling up.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What do you guys think about the theory that Kasumi will end up as a villain? I hope it isn't true, but evidence seems to be piling up.
I think she'll unwillingly confront with others like Marie and Ryoji at worst. I can't see them pulling an Akechi twice in the same game.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So, has anyone here seen the OVA yet(If it has been released by now, of course)? Specifically, the last one. If the person in the last date is a hint towards something in P5R, I am wondering if there is anything else being hinted at in it.
It's a valentine date with Sae. Only thing it hints at is her as a romance option.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's a valentine date with Sae. Only thing it hints at is her as a romance option.
That is what I heard, yes. I heard that it was more of a friend thing before the release, but have been told that there is some romantic undertones since. I was also told that Sae and Ryuji are the only canon ones in the anime or something like that. Is all of this true?

amageish

Smash Master
I feel like she'll be heavily pushed as one, but then it'll turn out that someone else was being evil and she was acting on the side of justice. It would add another parallel to Joker, as another "victim of a crime they didn't commit."

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
new ryuji trailer

includes a cleaner version of Take Over and the best special move i've ever seen

also confirms tier 3 personas for the party members so kasumi likely has two extra forms beyond cendrillon

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm just gonna assume that most tier 3 personas are gonna be based off either the initial persona or the ultimate persona

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm just gonna assume that most tier 3 personas are gonna be based off either the initial persona or the ultimate persona
they're definitely more derivative of the original designs than whatever ryuji's ultimate persona was meant to be

1561629494674.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
new ryuji trailer

includes a cleaner version of Take Over and the best special move i've ever seen

also confirms tier 3 personas for the party members so kasumi likely has two extra forms beyond cendrillon
I expected as much when it came to tier 3's.

And yeah, now I definitely want Kasumi to get that sort of move for her FS if they are to a similar quality. That was incredible.

Edit:
Also, I suspect that last scene has something to do with Ryuij's desire that is granted. Of course, we will find out when it is all translated.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Apparently, Ryuji's 3rd tier persona is named William, which is Kidd's first name
So, if this formula is consistent, the literary Persona will be powered up by the trickster god Persona to become an even stronger version of the former. Or at the very least, it will become something very much related to the first Persona. That's a good jumping off point for speculating these third tier's.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So, if this formula is consistent, the literary Persona will be powered up by the trickster god Persona to become an even stronger version of the former. Or at the very least, it will become something very much related to the first Persona. That's a good jumping off point for speculating these third tier's.
$10 says arsene's third tier is literally called lupin

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That is what I heard, yes. I heard that it was more of a friend thing before the release, but have been told that there is some romantic undertones since. I was also told that Sae and Ryuji are the only canon ones in the anime or something like that. Is all of this true?
Pretty much. It's left ambiguous, but definitely leans toward romantic. I mean, going to the Opera together on Valentine's day with romantic undertones is pretty hard to misinterpret. I don't believe there is any cannon one, but I'm just going off what I've heard from people who have seen it. I haven't seen it myself.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
$10 says arsene's third tier is literally called lupin
And if that's the case, Lupin would be Joker's third personal Persona. You know the Atlus developers would not pass that one up.

I have the feeling that for a specific pancake lover, their third tier is going to be pretty important character wise. I imagine the same for Kasumi as well, though I am not sure how.
Pretty much. It's left ambiguous, but definitely leans toward romantic. I mean, going to the Opera together on Valentine's day with romantic undertones is pretty hard to misinterpret. I don't believe there is any cannon one, but I'm just going off what I've heard from people who have seen it. I haven't seen it myself.
I was able to see a video of it, and Yeah, it was all pretty romantic. Apparently Sae had an extra ticket, but the fact that she chose to invite Joker rather than her own sister raises an eyebrow. There was even your typical joining arms and chocolate giving(And hand holding so lewd they had to hide it in the reflection of glasses). Something I found interesting, however, was the lack of an ending trait all the other dates had. With all the other dates, the scene would end with a kiss. All of the girls had it in the first person, and the Ryuji date had one through the shadow of curtains from the outside of the Leblanc(That caught me off guard). Sae was the one exception, as her last shot was the previously mentioned lewd hand holding shot. I don't think any of these endings can truly be taken seriously, but it's all in good fun and possibly P5R hints for Sae(And perhaps Ryuji?). From the look of it, this seems to be the most well liked thing from the anime.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I imagine the same for Kasumi as well,
cendrillon: starting persona
tier 2: unlocked around December, has some kind of involvement (intentional or otherwise) in the third semester's dream world thing (maybe fairy godmother - becomes boss of bonus dungeon like Marie, non-playable)
tier 3: unlocked when the dream world is destroyed and everything returns to normal / kasumi reconciles with the party for one last bit of gameplay

calling it all now

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
cendrillon: starting persona
tier 2: unlocked around December, has some kind of involvement (intentional or otherwise) in the third semester's dream world thing (maybe fairy godmother - becomes boss of bonus dungeon like Marie, non-playable)
tier 3: unlocked when the dream world is destroyed and everything returns to normal / kasumi reconciles with the party for one last bit of gameplay

calling it all now
The thing about the second Persona is that it's always a trickster god of sorts, so I doubt the Fairy Godmother. Would not be shocked if it were the third however, as I am not sure how you could change around Cendrillion.

That does make me wonder, what lovecraftian horror is Futaba gonna get? It's not like there is some diffrent version of the Necronomicon, so it will likely be some other lovecraft creation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The thing about the second Persona is that it's always a trickster god of sorts, so I doubt the Fairy Godmother. Would not be shocked if it were the third however, as I am not sure how you could change around Cendrillion.

That does make me wonder, what lovecraftian horror is Futaba gonna get? It's not like there is some diffrent version of the Necronomicon, so it will likely be some other lovecraft creation.
They can always name it after Abdul Alhazred.

Top Bottom