• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
maybe they'll have
Crow/Goro as a potential partner? Since in P5R he too becomes a permanent member
I get the feeling they may do this, considering the fact that we know from screen shots and the first trailer that the two will interact on a more personal level than other PTs that aren't named Joker. They will likely keep him in his red and white attire to avoid spoilers. I doubt they could pull a Fiora for a game that likely hasn't even released in the west by that point.

Edit:
Wait, I just had a great idea! Her FS could actually be something other than AOA and fit her much more when it comes to representing P5R. She could have one of those new team up attacks(I am blanking on the name of it) and I bet that she will have one with the individual discussed in the spoiler.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling they may do this, considering the fact that we know from screen shots and the first trailer that the two will interact on a more personal level than other PTs that aren't named Joker. They will likely keep him in his red and white attire to avoid spoilers. I doubt they could pull a Fiora for a game that likely hasn't even released in the west by that point.

Edit:
Wait, I just had a great idea! Her FS could actually be something other than AOA and fit her much more when it comes to representing P5R. She could have one of those new team up attacks(I am blanking on the name of it) and I bet that she will have one with the individual discussed in the spoiler.
That’s actually genius, but like you said, it could be considered too spoilery for a game that hasn’t come to the west yet. However there have been quite a few spoilers in the game for Mother 3 in Brawl, and even MAJOR OoT spoilers in Melee, so I’m not sure if it matters too much

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That’s actually genius, but like you said, it could be considered too spoilery for a game that hasn’t come to the west yet. However there have been quite a few spoilers in the game for Mother 3 in Brawl, and even MAJOR OoT spoilers in Melee, so I’m not sure if it matters too much
As long as they
go with the red and white design,
it will be fine. It's not like Atlus is trying to hide that bit anymore. And while those games are rather notable in the regard of spoiling, those were all first party. I imagine you wouldn't want to majorly spoil a third party game.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
As long as they
go with the red and white design,
it will be fine. It's not like Atlus is trying to hide that bit anymore. And while those games are rather notable in the regard of spoiling, those were all first party. I imagine you wouldn't want to majorly spoil a third party game.
I guess that’s true, especially since
he straight up appears like that on the boxart of P5R

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I guess that’s true, especially since
he straight up appears like that on the boxart of P5R
Definitely, and heck, considering
his expression on the cover and his talk at the beginning of the P5R trailer, they are also being rather lax about avoiding spoiling his role of the traitor outside of explicitly saying and/or showing it. Considering its meant to be obvious though(The real twist is that the PTs knew about the twist), this seems purposeful. Still doubt he would appear in his black mask getup, as that would be rather explicit.

I do wonder, if Kasumi and Akechi have a team up attack, what would it be like and would it change after he changes into his black mask garb?

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Definitely, and heck, considering
his expression on the cover and his talk at the beginning of the P5R trailer, they are also being rather lax about avoiding spoiling his role of the traitor outside of explicitly saying and/or showing it. Considering its meant to be obvious though(The real twist is that the PTs knew about the twist), this seems purposeful. Still doubt he would appear in his black mask getup, as that would be rather explicit.

I do wonder, if Kasumi and Akechi have a team up attack, what would it be like and would it change after he changes into his black mask garb?
I’m kinda hoping that the way Akechi would work would be similar to Joker in that he can swap the Persona he’s using between Loki and Robin Hood, and his attire would change with it, or it could just be a choice you make whenever you want like with the DLC outfits. Although I’m still curious as to whether they would let you use both Loki and Robin Hood instead of just limiting you to one or the other

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I’m kinda hoping that the way Akechi would work would be similar to Joker in that he can swap the Persona he’s using between Loki and Robin Hood, and his attire would change with it, or it could just be a choice you make whenever you want like with the DLC outfits. Although I’m still curious as to whether they would let you use both Loki and Robin Hood instead of just limiting you to one or the other
I am sure the old look would be a costume, but I think the black mask will be the standard after the reveal, considering we saw him wearing it in that one cutscene. The big thing I am expecting is that how he conducts himself personality wise as a party member will change after he rejoins, which is why I think his team up moves would change if he had any. I imagone his AOA would change as well. As for his Persona, it could go either way. Robin Hood and Loki seem to be separate, but Loki matches up with the trend of ultimate Personas, so it could easily be just that.

Edit:
Well, I just got something pointed out to me about Kasumi's confidant. Design wise, it appears that her card is kinda damaged, exposing more of the black background. That feels significant, but I am not sure how.
D8_aXdCXsAAJPld.jpg

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I am sure the old look would be a costume, but I think the black mask will be the standard after the reveal, considering we saw him wearing it in that one cutscene. The big thing I am expecting is that how he conducts himself personality wise as a party member will change after he rejoins, which is why I think his team up moves would change if he had any. I imagone his AOA would change as well. As for his Persona, it could go either way. Robin Hood and Loki seem to be separate, but Loki matches up with the trend of ultimate Personas, so it could easily be just that.

Edit:
Well, I just got something pointed out to me about Kasumi's confidant. Design wise, it appears that her card is kinda damaged, exposing more of the black background. That feels significant, but I am not sure how.
View attachment 229003
Interesting idea, although if I remember correctly, in Persona 4 Golden, each party member only had a dual attack with one specific other party member. So it’s possible he just has one with Kasumi that you can’t access because she hasn’t joined the party yet. As for the AOA, I certainly think it is possible that it could change, but I’m not exactly sure how likely it is.

Interesting find about Kasumi also. Since the Faith arcana only seems to have 5 ranks, that could indicate that she joins the team with some sort of ulterior motive that would be negative for the Phantom Thieves until she gets redeemed? Based on previous trailers, we know that she initially dislikes the Phantom Thieves, so the 5th rank could mark a change in her viewpoint.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Edit:
View attachment 229003
It’s also worth noting the arcana itself does not have a Roman numeral at all

Also, the new Doctor confidant’s arcana (forgot the name) has the Arabic number 1 instead of Roman numeral I. Surely both details mean something in the long run

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Edit:
View attachment 229003
the background is black instead of the usual white, so it's most likely an inverse arcana - inverse faith being don't trust others, rely on yourself, which is exactly what she says in her teaser back in march

either it reverses to normal faith at the currently-hidden rank 6 (i.e. her faith in the thieves and their way of justice is restored and she joins them in proper) or it transforms to something else entirely and she goes down a darker path

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
the background is black instead of the usual white, so it's most likely an inverse arcana - inverse faith being don't trust others, rely on yourself, which is exactly what she says in her teaser back in march

either it reverses to normal faith at the currently-hidden rank 6 (i.e. her faith in the thieves and their way of justice is restored and she joins them in proper) or it transforms to something else entirely and she goes down a darker path
Hmm, I guess it would make sense then for the first 5 ranks to progress with the story, then the rest is like a regular confidant?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, I know this is a more minor thing to talk about in the grand scheme of things, but how do you think Kasumi will factor into the Hawaii trip? For one thing, how did she even get there? And I get a feeling that the Hawaii event is going to be expanded on since it was kinda... short.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Okay, I know this is a more minor thing to talk about in the grand scheme of things, but how do you think Kasumi will factor into the Hawaii trip? For one thing, how did she even get there? And I get a feeling that the Hawaii event is going to be expanded on since it was kinda... short.
two options
  1. she's wearing something that looks like a variant on the shujin tracksuit, so maybe she's part of an advanced sports team in hawaii to compete against a US team in her ballet/dancing
  2. she literally ****ing stalked joker to hawaii just to say konichiwa

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
two options
  1. she's wearing something that looks like a variant on the shujin tracksuit, so maybe she's part of an advanced sports team in hawaii to compete against a US team in her ballet/dancing
That first one makes a lot of sense. I imagone it's not something Shujin wouldn't typically do, butnsince they already had this trip planned at the same time, they figured "why not?"
I of course doubt that second one as her sole motivation, but I don't doubt that she did that thinking "This is my one chance to do this to Joker." If she does have a crush on Joker, I am even more sure of this.

amageish

Smash Master
It’s also worth noting the arcana itself does not have a Roman numeral at all

Also, the new Doctor confidant’s arcana (forgot the name) has the Arabic number 1 instead of Roman numeral I. Surely both details mean something in the long run
Those are just because they're from weird tarot decks. Consultant is from a Spanish deck that uses arabic numbers; Faith is part of a set of numberless virtue-based cards. I'm sure the fact they're from other tarot decks means they're special/important, but I don't think it means much more then that.

two options
I like option 1. It would reflect how Shujin is nice to some people who would be able to get them prestige, which is a side of the academy we didn't get that much of it in the base game.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
two options
Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t Kanji and Rise go on the trip despite being first years in Persona 4? I haven’t quite gotten to that part of the game but I remember reading something about that being the case

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How do you think the community would react to a Kasumi reveal? I imagine it would go decently with proper clarification, though I expect a few people to be annoyed by her having a sword. That is kinda unavoidable at this point.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
How do you think the community would react to a Kasumi reveal? I imagine it would go decently with proper clarification, though I expect a few people to be annoyed by her having a sword. That is kinda unavoidable at this point.
If the internet fireworks show that occurred during the initial Persona 5 Royal reveal and lukewarm reaction to Persona 5 Scramble are anything to go by, I think some won't be happy about her inclusion. Persona fans will probably welcome it, if not be somewhat baffled. I remember how certain places were not too happy about the news about both P5R and P5S (here included) and my feeling is that Kasumi getting into Smash will reopen those can of worms.

Honestly if anything, the circumstances surrounding Kasumi, both regarding the datamining info found in Ultimate and the platform status of P5R would probably make her the most scrutinized and examined pick out of all the DLC characters so far should she get in. Expect people to discuss whether Kasumi was the "promotional pick" in the DLC, regardless if she is part of the Fighters Pass or not, why Sakurai and Nintendo would choose to put a character that has largely been associated with a PS4-exclusive game and whose inclusion would largely benefit Sony more so rather than Nintendo, whether Sakurai has a Persona bias, etc.

Unless Kasumi is announced for P5S prior to a potential Smash announcement, she would be the first third-party character that has never appeared on a Nintendo platform prior to joining Smash. A character like this would add fuel to the fire in DLC speculation.

Some think the "Jane" datamine refers to another character, some think it is dummied out content, and others think it is nothing. Either way, if nothing ends up coming about "Jane" after post-launch development has ended, it would become one of Smash's biggest development mysteries. Personally, I don't think its anything, but Sakurai has surprised me with both Joker and Banjo, so anything can happen.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If the internet fireworks show that occurred during the initial Persona 5 Royal reveal and lukewarm reaction to Persona 5 Scramble are anything to go by, I think some won't be happy about her inclusion. Persona fans will probably welcome it, if not be somewhat baffled. I remember how certain places were not too happy about the news about both P5R and P5S (here included) and my feeling is that Kasumi getting into Smash will reopen those can of worms.

Honestly if anything, the circumstances surrounding Kasumi, both regarding the datamining info found in Ultimate and the platform status of P5R would probably make her the most scrutinized and examined pick out of all the DLC characters so far should she get in. Expect people to discuss whether Kasumi was the "promotional pick" in the DLC, regardless if she is part of the Fighters Pass or not, why Sakurai and Nintendo would choose to put a character that has largely been associated with a PS4-exclusive game and whose inclusion would largely benefit Sony more so rather than Nintendo, whether Sakurai has a Persona bias, etc.

Unless Kasumi is announced for P5S prior to a potential Smash announcement, she would be the first third-party character that has never appeared on a Nintendo platform prior to joining Smash. A character like this would add fuel to the fire in DLC speculation.

Some think the "Jane" datamine refers to another character, some think it is dummied out content, and others think it is nothing. Either way, if nothing ends up coming about "Jane" after post-launch development has ended, it would become one of Smash's biggest development mysteries. Personally, I don't think its anything, but Sakurai has surprised me with both Joker and Banjo, so anything can happen.
I think said can of worms would be either mitigated or amplified depending on how they would approach her design in Smash. I imagine that is what you mean when you talk about the P5R commotion, right? As for Scramble, I don't really see how that would factor in outside of a Kasumi reveal for that game, or an expectation that she will be in it.

I think it's safe to say that no one here is expecting her to be in the fighter pass. An echo of a previous fighter pass character being one of the two left? No way. If she was announced as part of an echo pass or something, I don't think it would be nearly as bad as what a full on unique character could do.

I find it strange that Jane could be seen as anything other than Kasumi, considering how much has lined up since the discovery. The fact that the model was almost certainly finished is just the cherry on top.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think said can of worms would be either mitigated or amplified depending on how they would approach her design in Smash. I imagine that is what you mean when you talk about the P5R commotion, right? As for Scramble, I don't really see how that would factor in outside of a Kasumi reveal for that game, or an expectation that she will be in it.

I think it's safe to say that no one here is expecting her to be in the fighter pass. An echo of a previous fighter pass character being one of the two left? No way. If she was announced as part of an echo pass or something, I don't think it would be nearly as bad as what a full on unique character could do.

I find it strange that Jane could be seen as anything other than Kasumi, considering how much has lined up since the discovery. The fact that the model was almost certainly finished is just the cherry on top.
though i don't think the moment for dismissing her or making any assumptions has passed yet (since i don't think she was ever a basic skin), i do think the other plausible explanation for her absence (at least eventual absence if she doesn't show up) is that nintendo, maybe feeling that advertising royal gave no benefit to them, pulled on the part of the joker deal involving her

if fighter pass 5 rolls around and that's it and she's nowhere to be seen, i'm more or less content just accepting that she was part of a deal that fell through. that said, we're a long way still from that point, because it doesn't make sense for her to be showing up in any capacity before late october--it's hard to assume she fell through just because she's not shown up yet.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman

I strongly doubt that she would be a part of an echo pass unless she is somehow the same price as Joker, because then people could just buy her and use Joker’s moveset for a cheaper price. I’m sure that, for business reasons, they would not let that happen. Her best bet is, in my opinion, being added as a random extra to the Fighter Pass/Joker’s Challenger Pack.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
though i don't think the moment for dismissing her or making any assumptions has passed yet (since i don't think she was ever a basic skin), i do think the other plausible explanation for her absence (at least eventual absence if she doesn't show up) is that nintendo, maybe feeling that advertising royal gave no benefit to them, pulled on the part of the joker deal involving her

if fighter pass 5 rolls around and that's it and she's nowhere to be seen, i'm more or less content just accepting that she was part of a deal that fell through. that said, we're a long way still from that point, because it doesn't make sense for her to be showing up in any capacity before late october--it's hard to assume she fell through just because she's not shown up yet.
I would personally wait till they either confirm character 5 will be the last DLC overall or that there will be more echo DLC, but that's just me. I will say, having that fall through would be kinda a bad thing relationship wise. I also think this sort of cross promotion stuff is a two way street. Sure, your advertising a game on a diffrent system, but you are probably going to get more people who are fans of P5R interested in Smash.
I strongly doubt that she would be a part of an echo pass unless she is somehow the same price as Joker, because then people could just buy her and use Joker’s moveset for a cheaper price. I’m sure that, for business reasons, they would not let that happen. Her best bet is, in my opinion, being added as a random extra to the Fighter Pass/Joker’s Challenger Pack.
Except that would also be a bit unfair. That would put more value on Jokers part of the pack compared to the rest. And let's be honest, if you didn't buy Jokers pack by the end of the fighter pack run, you probably never will. Kasumi being sold separate would just be another opportunity for Nintendo and Atlus.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t Kanji and Rise go on the trip despite being first years in Persona 4? I haven’t quite gotten to that part of the game but I remember reading something about that being the case
they do, but 5's Hawaii trip is explicitly for second years (+ volunteer third year supervisors, conveniently for makoto)

i think the most likely reason for kasumi being there is just some coinciding sports event, which in all honesty is a much smaller stretch than yusuke's excuse for being there

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
they do, but 5's Hawaii trip is explicitly for second years (+ volunteer third year supervisors, conveniently for makoto)

i think the most likely reason for kasumi being there is just some coinciding sports event, which in all honesty is a much smaller stretch than yusuke's excuse for being there
Yeah, most things beat "Because weather."

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
The only reason i can see her happening is with an echo fighter pack but that seems unlikely .

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman

I guess I must’ve missed that, my mistake. I do agree that that reason is likely regardless, especially since the fact that Kasumi is there to begin with appears to be a surprise to Joker, meaning that she wouldn’t be there by the same means as him.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

I think regardless of how Kasumi is implemented (whether be echo, semi-echo, or new fighter), the addition of a character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo platform before and hails from a game exclusive to a competitor is going to open the can anyway. When P5R was initially revealed, parts of the web were upset that it wasn't coming to the Switch, especially after Joker getting into Smash. I think the last thing some want is for a character that hails from a game not coming to the Switch to get in. For them, it's going to be a kick-in-the-teeth regardless of how she is implemented in Smash.

Honestly, I wouldn't have paid much attention to Kasumi potentially appearing in Smash if it weren't for both the "Jane" datamine and the PS4 exclusivity of P5R (the latter only makes things more intriguing). If she is actually in, I think she is going to be a separate DLC (like Piranha Plant) with a semi-echo implementation rather than a Challenger Pack. In the rare instance that she is actually part of the pack and a fully fledged new fighter, complete with music and a new stage, the Persona fan in me would be very cool with it, but I can tell a sizable amount of people are going to be unhappy about it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think regardless of how Kasumi is implemented (whether be echo, semi-echo, or new fighter), the addition of a character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo platform before and hails from a game exclusive to a competitor is going to open the can anyway. When P5R was initially revealed, parts of the web were upset that it wasn't coming to the Switch, especially after Joker getting into Smash. I think the last thing some want is for a character that hails from a game not coming to the Switch to get in. For them, it's going to be a kick-in-the-teeth regardless of how she is implemented in Smash.

Honestly, I wouldn't have paid much attention to Kasumi potentially appearing in Smash if it weren't for both the "Jane" datamine and the PS4 exclusivity of P5R (the latter only makes things more intriguing). If she is actually in, I think she is going to be a separate DLC (like Piranha Plant) with a semi-echo implementation rather than a Challenger Pack. In the rare instance that she is actually part of the pack and a fully fledged new fighter, complete with music and a new stage, the Persona fan in me would be very cool with it, but I can tell a sizable amount of people are going to be unhappy about it.
Yeah, I can see that sort of can opening. Like I said before, I see this sort of stuff as a two way street, but I can understand this outcome.

Trust me, this thread probably would not have been made if it were not for Jane. I agree that she would probably be separate and just a fighter(The only content I could see her bring is the new battle theme, but I think we can live without that).

I mentioned it before, but I could see another can of worms being opened about her design, I am just not sure if there would be a bigger reaction if it was the same or if was changed. Smash obviously has a history of censoring stuff, but I feel that Kasumi is a bit different compared to previous cases, so I am not sure if she would be censored.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Yeah, I can see that sort of can opening. Like I said before, I see this sort of stuff as a two way street, but I can understand this outcome.

Trust me, this thread probably would not have been made if it were not for Jane. I agree that she would probably be separate and just a fighter(The only content I could see her bring is the new battle theme, but I think we can live without that).

I mentioned it before, but I could see another can of worms being opened about her design, I am just not sure if there would be a bigger reaction if it was the same or if was changed. Smash obviously has a history of censoring stuff, but I feel that Kasumi is a bit different compared to previous cases, so I am not sure if she would be censored.
All up to the various video game rating agencies and systems I suppose. Sakurai has talked about Japan's CERO rating agency being particularly picky about Palutena and Bayonetta's designs. I can assume Corrin got a similar treatment because an agency or two raised flags. I guess it depends on what they think of a teenager fighting in a gymnastic leotard. Lyn (who is 15-16 in the original Japanese version of Fire Emblem) generally remained untouched so I am drawing blanks on how CERO would respond to Kasumi (maybe they let Lyn off the hook cause she's an assist trophy?).

I am not sure how the rating processes work, let alone several of them across various regions. And I don't know what the in-game criteria is for any rating agency to determine a rating for a game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
All up to the various video game rating agencies and systems I suppose. Sakurai has talked about Japan's CERO rating agency being particularly picky about Palutena and Bayonetta's designs. I can assume Corrin got a similar treatment because an agency or two raised flags. I guess it depends on what they think of a teenager fighting in a gymnastic leotard. Lyn (who is 15-16 in the original Japanese version of Fire Emblem) generally remained untouched so I am drawing blanks on how CERO would respond to Kasumi (maybe they let Lyn off the hook cause she's an assist trophy?).

I am not sure how the rating processes work, let alone several of them across various regions. And I don't know what the in-game criteria is for any rating agency to determine a rating for a game.
Yeah, we really have no way of guessing it. With those previous cases, the design changes made were still in line with the clothing they wore and are rather minor. I didn't even know Palutena had a design change until someone pointed it out to me. Really, any change made was to tone down fanservice elements of a design. Kasumi doesn't really have that, at least from my perspective. It's a gymnastic leotard, of course her legs are going to be exposed. That's just the standard. And censoring that sort of clothing is mighty awkward, as I doubt many people wearing leotards would have stockings covering the entirety of their legs. I say entirety, because already has a stocking like element to her footwear, making the design changing even more complex. Really, if the Princesses can get away with it in the Olympic games, I think Kasumi could in Smash.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, I saw PapaGenos speculate that it could be Jill from Resident Evil. I don't follow that reasoning - even if we have evidence Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt Dog were used as bases for Hero and Banjo, respectively, I don't know how any character would fit onto Joker unless they were another thief. Sure, Joker holds a gun, but he doesn't use it super often? There isn't a shortage of bipedal characters for them to use for ponytail-having females either, notably Zero Suit Samus.

Yeah, we really have no way of guessing it. With those previous cases, the design changes made were still in line with the clothing they wore and are rather minor. I didn't even know Palutena had a design change until someone pointed it out to me. Really, any change made was to tone down fanservice elements of a design. Kasumi doesn't really have that, at least from my perspective. It's a gymnastic leotard, of course her legs are going to be exposed. That's just the standard. And censoring that sort of clothing is mighty awkward, as I doubt many people wearing leotards would have stockings covering the entirety of their legs. I say entirety, because already has a stocking like element to her footwear, making the design changing even more complex. Really, if the Princesses can get away with it in the Olympic games, I think Kasumi could in Smash.
You often do wear leggings under leotards, actually, though they often match the wearer's skintone. I don't what colour would look good with her black boots though - black would just be awkward and skin-coloured wouldn't solve the "problem." I don't forsee it being a huge problem though.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Guess the kind of game is a factor for CERO in determining how lenient they can be in rating the game.

Considering the kinds of things Smash has now, I am still kind of surprised that CERO still gives it an “A” rating. Then again, this is the same agency that gave DQXI an “A” rating while ESRB gave it a “T” rating.

Anyway, do people think Kasumi is guaranteed to appear in the base roster for Persona 5 Scramble?

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Guess the kind of game is a factor for CERO in determining how lenient they can be in rating the game.

Considering the kinds of things Smash has now, I am still kind of surprised that CERO still gives it an “A” rating. Then again, this is the same agency that gave DQXI an “A” rating while ESRB gave it a “T” rating.

Anyway, do people think Kasumi is guaranteed to appear in the base roster for Persona 5 Scramble?
base roster, 50:50.

DLC if not, absolutely. look at how Marie became DLC for both arena and dancing all night.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How do you guys think Kasumi would go on the competitive angle? I bring this up due to the whole thing Joker is going through right now. I doubt Joker will be as highly seen as he is right now by the time a DLC echo would be released, but the more Lucina type echo's seem to do better that the originals from what I have seen and heard. Correct me if I am wrong about that. If Kasumi does pull a Lucina, I could see her getting some attention.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
How do you guys think Kasumi would go on the competitive angle? I bring this up due to the whole thing Joker is going through right now. I doubt Joker will be as highly seen as he is right now by the time a DLC echo would be released, but the more Lucina type echo's seem to do better that the originals from what I have seen and heard. Correct me if I am wrong about that. If Kasumi does pull a Lucina, I could see her getting some attention.
consistency goes a long way for results

that said, arsene seems to be a lot easier to make use of than marth's tipper since it effects all his moves rather than just a single property, so lucina!joker might actually be less effective in the long run

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
consistency goes a long way for results

that said, arsene seems to be a lot easier to make use of than marth's tipper since it effects all his moves rather than just a single property, so lucina!joker might actually be less effective in the long run
That is true, and it's not like base Joker is super weak or anything. I do imagine Kasumi wouldn't be as simple as a Lucina version(Making a sword equal in damage vs. giving the character a sword, possibly changing how their projectiles work and changes to a super mode), but it's the best we have when it comes to comparison.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I heard we're getting more P5R info tomorrow, but I'm not actually sure if that fact was misinformation or not. If not, what are you all hoping to see?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I heard we're getting more P5R info tomorrow, but I'm not actually sure if that fact was misinformation or not. If not, what are you all hoping to see?
Could you send a link? Kasumi's codename would be nice, maybe some more info on the confidants, events or maybe even the new dungeon. Kinda doubt that last one, but you never know.

amageish

Smash Master
I know we're getting the Valentine's Day OVA for the anime? Otherwise, there definitely could be another Morgana Channel info drop, but I haven't heard of one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
someone did a render of kasumi in 3D/pseudo-smash style
1561445852769.png

1561445899709.png
very slick

Top Bottom