• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Midlands Thread. NEXT EVENT: EDmas 2! LOOK IN ITS OWN THREAD

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Hello I'm alive. Didn't even know this thread was here.

So, what I'm envisaging for the Midlands is monthlies with a rotating venue. I've hosted, if Craig hosts next month, someone from Leicester hosts the month after, then maybe a Birmingham one? Then I'll host one after that.

I'm definitely keen on pushing Project M, so at any Smash meetups I'd be happy to help people who have not got Project M yet to set it up.

Project M is shaping up to be great, and it could be really popular if it were easy to install. Until they do a full PAL release, we just need to help as many people get it as possible.

Really up for Tri-City crew league, that's a great idea. Nottingham has some catching up to do though...

Smo

Smash Journeyman
If we do rotating monthlies, brand it as a single series. I'm not saying call it the Up-B series (though you're welcome to), but it should have a coherent identity that the community can rally around.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Ed - not complaining man, in the end of the day the best player deserves first in pools and obviously for your 2nd place result, that was you
It's not like I woulda done much with 1st anyway( expect bragging rights) I woulda lost first round of winners and losers. :p

Rotating monthlies does seem like a good idea!

jin928

Smash Rookie
GGs everyone who I played, was nice meeting you all hopefully I shall improve and do better next time <3

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Is that the crew battle where I left the room and walked out half way through the match but still won? G00d times

Smo step up your notts crew, top 8 was all LC/ Birmingham ( and LJ but that don't count he's from the scrubby south )

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Where's your motivation to get good, Willz? :p
I have no motivation to 'get' good as I already am the best.

On a serious note though, now that I am back in possession of Melee, I will train every now and again and will be the best in the midlands (which won't be hard) and then conquer London with my skillz.

London pussyholez

LCLCLCLCLCLCLC

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
jolts right, they're way to far ahead of our scrub skills

might as well get a head start when brawl 2.0 aka the best smash comes out. /sarcasm

Kone

Smash Master
Sam - not sure all tournaments or monthlies need to be given the same tournament name. Aslong as we refer to them as midland monthlies or midland ranbats then it should be fine. My tournies, yours, cals and potentially haos will have a different feel to them and should have their own unique name/experience.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
So I'm back from the Philippines now (fecking hell) and all this sounds good!

Kone

Smash Master
**** me george did you catch any of that? Media footage ive seen looks awful!

Just to give everyone the heads up ill be hosting edmas 2 on sat 7th december. Ive booked a large function room at a local pub. The pub is really rural and rather dead so we will have the run of it. Nicely, it also has a skittles alley, so some team fun late in the evening :). Housing will be available at mine - i live well rural so would take advantage of this. As its christmas time i expect xmas jumpers, therell be xmas food, mulled wine made by me, some xmas pressies and an appearance by santa!!!! Proper thread tomorrow!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
yeah was there for the last two weeks, crazy stuff, when **** got really crazy I went to Manila where it wasn't so bad

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Where abouts is this Ed? Im busy with a family thing in the evening, but depending on the location I'll see whether it'll be okay to come for a few hours :)

Kone

Smash Master
Will - Snarestone. Close to ashby de la zouch. That help? Shame you cant stay for the evening as that'll be good fun! No way out of it ;)

Zunari - got to mix your approach up. You weren't just randomly jumping into dsmashes. I was reading your approach and wavedashing backwards and dsmashing. More variety :)

Kone

Smash Master
Cheers Cal for update! made new thread for EDmas to make it more obvious (with a dead forum not sure that matters lol).

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Alright, well, on a similar note: any Midlanders are welcome to come play Project M 3.0 the weekend after Edmas at my house, Saturday evening/Sunday morning. Just give me a bit of warning if you're coming so I know how many TVs we'll want (no doubt so I can ask Ed to bring them!).

Top Bottom