• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Final Smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lets speculate what Diddy's new Final Smash will be. Cause it's likely that his is one of the few that gets changed due to Final Smashes working faster this time.

I personally think that Diddy will probably have Rambi be his Final Smash, calling it Rambi Rush. We haven't seen him as a Assist Trophy yet, but we did see the Klap Trap, while Rambi would make far more sense to have.

Cntgus

Smash Rookie
Its very probable that Dixie will be an echo, but if she isn't, it would be cool to see Diddy and Dixie team up and do a flurry of attacks.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Hm! Rambi would be cool! How about an ambush of all the Animal Buddies though?!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
They might be unoriginal and keep it the same, just have it work better, like Super Sonic and PacMan, and others.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see more FS's like Ridley, DDD, K. Rool.

I doubt Dixie is an echo, if she's in the base game she will be like Isabelle to Villager, if she's DLC down the road she'll be unique imo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am also totally not opposed in keeping the Rocketbarrel Barrage. It's a great move, and a awesome homage to DK64. So it would be cool if Diddy kept it. It's just weird how they did not reveal Diddy's Final Smash yet, which is curious cause he's one of the very few which hasn't been shown. Robin's for example has also not been shown, and it must be different now because Chrom is a playable character himself this time.

Still like the idea of Rambi being used, call it Rambi Rush or something, as Rambi is quite damn fast. Would be a great homage to the Animal Buddy system of DKC, and Rambi is the only Animal Buddy in the Retro Studios-created DKC games, so that's a good reason why I think that Rambi alone is more likely than a full out Animal Buddy bombrush, which I also think would be cool.

Besides, rhinos are my favorite animals in the real world. So that's a extra plus.

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
They might be unoriginal and keep it the same, just have it work better, like Super Sonic and PacMan, and others.

I mean, to be fair, popguns and the rocketbarrrel pack are very much tied into Diddy's character in the games. I'd actually be really suprised (and disappointed) if they didn't keep it. Because really, what else could it actually be?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hope it reflects more unused properties from Donkey Kong.
I want less made up Smash material, and more that is interpreted from the actual games.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He could yes. But I don't think it's too likely to happen. I am quite curious what changes they'll apply to his Final Smash, as it's looking to be quite obvious that it's changed.

xoazi

Smash Rookie
NNID
kyziii
Switch FC
SW-3315-9796-7008
In before its something wack like the giant banana peel from Double Dash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And even after this Direct, we don't know anything at all...

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
They just showed it on Nintendo Treehouse. He zooms around in every direction with his jetpack and then ends on an exploding slam into them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A bit unorthodox and farfetched, but I take it. It's kind of a shame how much they recycle Final Smashes now a days... I hereby dub it Diddy Kamikaze. Without the actual death sacrifice and all. Because that would be traumatic to me.

Top Bottom