• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New(est) Official 2012 Florida PR (Googling is Fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yo I heard some guy called Shadow Dragon beat everyone in Orlando and Tampa?? Wow... when did FL get so free? I should come back and make some money off this game again...

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Galuuuuuuuuuuuuuda
Galuuda!!!! OMG bro I was just talking about you just the other day. How are you man!!!
hey whats up guys, i miss ****ing ppl up with iceclimbers and playing in general. unfortunately i dont go to FL much anymore but next time i'm down ill send you a PM and we can do work and play some smash or just do whatever. lol. pce.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm looking for anyone in the (east) Orlando area to practice. Been playing online a lot the past 5 years and I believe I'm good.. Would love to play some offline matches and possibly go to some tournaments... Aaaaand trying to make friends since I've been living here for a year and a half and working my ass off- never made time to "go out" and stuff...

Let me knows :)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Does miami still have smashfests rather frequently? I was thinking of going to miami sometime this week and was wondering if anyone wanted to smash this week?

Mampam

Smash Ace
im tired of being that fraud at #2 lol, people are always like

arent you #2 or #3 in florida? and im like.........

no..... :awesome:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
should be in this thread some pages back. Thats all I can really do as far as help, others still need to help out and debate this ish and whatnot though since I cant do it by myself.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
LMFBO!!!

:sonic:

Ok DewDaDash Imma loko it up on my downtime in the office.

Then I'mma Send you my opinions & blah blah blah

GIve me something to do today :)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I mean I can help ya out as far as gainesville/jacksonville tournies go. I havent attended any miami tournies or orlando tournies so someone would need to help me out there.

Heres All the results that include me:
- http://smashboards.com/threads/333742/ (Gainesville Tourney)
- http://smashboards.com/threads/332658/ (Apex)
- Hbox's Gainesville Tourney Same Day As Come to Papa: 1st DewDaDash 2nd sheermadness 3rd Hbox http://smashboards.com/threads/330190/
- http://smashboards.com/threads/329664/ (WABA)

Other Tourneys:
Jacksonville:
- http://smashboards.com/threads/333164/

Orlando:
- http://smashboards.com/threads/330799/ (Come to Papa)
- http://smashboards.com/threads/333208/ (Pizzano)
http://smashboards.com/threads/331215/ (Shine The Halls)
http://smashboards.com/threads/327505/ (GDX's 5DFD's)
Orlando Tourney on 2/18/13, There is no official thread for it but it was posted on facebook, someone who went today post the results please.

Feel Free anyone to add to this list, There are most likely a lot of tournies im not adding due to not being able to attend all of em so and smashboard's search engine being terrible.

You are Godlike

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I'm down to help with the new PR. Nick Riddle said he would help if we gathered the data. Hopefully Masky doesnt mind helping either. Can someone from SFL get a list of tourneys together?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
YO... This is going to be the MOST AGGRAVATING PR EVER

I kno that they will include

ESAM#0,

NickR, Seibrik, RYO, Mampham, MVD, Shaky are no brainers

Kyon, Daisy, Ed!, Trump, 2D-Jeff, ExDeath, DewDaDash & Hbox are all also in my pool of possible top 10 players.

& I STRONGLY feel like Ed! will be on this PR

However this is just from glancing at results. Not deep conversation alongside comparing things

Ereth

Murda Bidness
theres also Yos, Lad, Guf, DR3W, DewDaDash and a few others to consider. Yos has a set win over Ryo and Mampam, and Daisy has been very consistent with top 3 lately.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
*Goes 2 FL PR thread*

*Discusses how its pointless*

*Pats self on the back*

#LogicFTW

If ppl wana make it then why not make it? Lol

Just let it happen...

Master Raven

Smash Master
This is just my 0.02 cents and I'm not really pushing to abolish the PR.

Personally, I don't like it because of the mindset it encourages. Players shouldn't have to be distracted by their own prospects of being on the PR when playing tournament matches. It can cause them to play less efficiently because of the pressure of the PR adding to their mind. Also it artificially segregates potentially or already good players from the current top 10 (because, let's be realistic here, theoretically there's no reason that there wouldn't exist other threats aside from the listed top 10). Players should simply stop worrying about having their 15 minutes of fame on a decorative image, and when players don't make it on the PR, there's almost always unnecessary drama (and let's be clear, there always will be drama, but there are better, more worthwhile things to vent about than being on the PR). I believe that the ideal thing is for the state as a whole to focus continuously working to improve and exercise their skill, instead of aiming to be on the PR. Finally, we don't need a PR to let people OOS know who the real threats in FL are, as these threats more or less shift every time between PR updates. I think it'd be better if people looked at FL and shuddered at the state, rather than looking at and shuddering at the PR, overlooking the good non-PR players.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I see your point, but to me the PR is a goal. It's part of what drives me to practice as hard as I do. Granted its not my only reason but I think it helps people strive to be that much better

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Raven you've got some good points. However I disagree on some things. Which is why I'm just going to keep it going. None of those reasons to me legitimately are HURTFUL to the FL smash community. MAYBE to the mindsets of players on the PR. Which is what? 10 people? and out of those 10 6(7 including ESAM) are already WORLDWIDE THREATS that dont have that problem. MVD & Shaky DESTROYED Abadango. Seibrik defeated the most hyped player damn near EVER(Gluttony). ESAM is... ****ING ESAM(Like top 10 in the world) meanwhile NickR, RYO & Mampham are all OBVIOUSLY self explanatory.

Sure we also have players like HrNut, Afro, GDX & Redhalberd that could come and destroy ppl if they ever decided(Hey I feel like making money this weekend) (I 4got where I was going with this... These guys just deserve credit cuz they all had a part in putting FL on the map)

So in reality you have what? 3/4 people that are "scared" of losing thier PR spots?

People who aren't on the PR aren't detered from winning just because they dont want to be on the PR.

& this is a simple discussion & debate. Its just like debating who are the best basketball players in the NBA. Or overall football(American Football) players in the NFL. If your get that heated about a conversation then you need to learn to calm down so you can have a discussion.

To be continued after lunch....(I hafta go -___-)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
imo peoples goals should be winning the given tourny their in or the given match their in. it gets to a point with being concerned about the PR that people start putting focus on what the loss means rather than what the win means, and people focus too much on results of matches rather than figuring out what lead to those results to begin with and getting better

iuno

i guess i've been on the PR so long i don't see what's so hype about it.

i don't mind this type of open ended discussion going on but thats how i think we should keep it. ON GOING, that would be healthiest for the community imo, we don't need something as solid as some "official" PR

maybe one day it'll be of importance to do it, like when sponsorships actually pay attention to smash and takes those kinds of things into consideration, but right now, i think it would be best if we just kept discussing our opinions here week to week, besides that will keep this thread alive longer, keeping it flowing with discussion, rather than having an onslaught of posts every 4-5 months when an update comes out and people who never spoke up before come out to voice their opinions

MY TWO CENTS

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yeah but we used to discuss who was best alot more than now.

& Mampham will make jokes here and there about how he is #2 but still being bad(at times)

Its not that we dont discuss until every 4-5 months. We just aren't on here as much as we used to be and there are FAR FAR less of us than what it used to be. I mean damn 200 ppl a tourney every month in Orlando? 2 now we gotta BEG 4 ppl to come to tourneys practically. & Then we have the nerve to have 3 tourneys on the same day when there aren't that many of us in the 1st place. & instead of traveling to allow new ppl to see that there is an actual community we are all spread out and have 20 ppl from a local area plus 3-6 ppl from out of town 4 each flippin tourney.

So no... The FL smash scene is not as big as it used to be. These threads are no longer as populated. & this community is no longer as active.

& on top of that... discussing on a week 2 week basis is going to lead us RIGHT BACK HERE 2 creating a "Who is the best of FL conversation.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Unfortunately, I think there should still be a PR even though I personally think they are stupid. Only because OOS tournaments tend to seed players they dont know by their PR ranking, and if players from Florida were to travel OOS and theres no PR for the TO To look at, they would get ****ty seeding.

I got no seeding at all when I went to NEC and Youmacon last year, and pretty much had to go through ridiculousness to get top 8 at both. So only for the sake of traveling players do I say make a PR. And when OOS TOs stop using PRs for seeding, then the PR should immediately stop as well cause they're otherwise pointless

Ereth

Murda Bidness
You're looking at this through the eyes of the old generation who has been around this PR system for awhile now, you have a skewed view of it. After awhile it may aggravate you but try to think of it like you did when you first started playing. How badly did you want to be on there, I for one can't wait for my name to be on that list. If you take away the PR you're taking away a lot of peoples motivation and I don't think that is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom