• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Diddy Community General Guide - F-Tilt Discussion

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The NEW General Diddy Guide

Moveset Discussion

-
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
=-
-=-=-= F-Tilt =-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
=-

Discuss Diddy's F-Tilt and its place in competitive play.

Things to discuss:

1) Rate the move from 1 to 5 in terms of overall usefulness.
2) Discuss any combos that utilize this move (these can be MU specific).
3) Discuss when is the appropriate time to use the move.
4) Share any tips or tricks you know regarding the move.

*NOTES*

For F-Tilt, give a rating for all three angles, and discuss these as three separate moves.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Just get the information that we put one the two community guide groups you made

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Just get the information that we put one the two community guide groups you made
They're really old, so I'm just having people start from scratch. If you posted in one of the groups and that's all you have to say about any given move, just copy-paste that info into here please :)

People will have an easier time finding these threads than the old group, anyway.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
3.5/5. A good attack that does a good amount of damage and has decent knock back. Our only other attack besides banana that can stop MK's Tornado. The downsides to this move are that it has a lot of ending lag and low kill power.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The community guides were pretty dumb and useless.

-Up angled: 3/5

-Regular: 4/5

-Down: 3/5

2. Not many combos for this move except out of banana throws and pseudo combos with dash attack.

3. Ftilt is a very good move for killing, but even better is that it is a good move to keep kill moves fresh while still giving a good amount of damage. Sometimes you just need that extra range that an fsmash can't give you or need the quickness of it to hit the person out of a banana lock. It's a GREAT move for punishing airdodges because most of the time they try to airdodge at a good distance away thinking their out of range from the ftilt so it's a good surprise move. Combined with angled ftilts, this move is GREAT on large slopes like the 2nd transformation of Frigate. This is because it can outrange things like Snake's ftilt since his can't be tilted up and down like ours.

4. Downward angled ftilt can lock opponents below about 35% as well as hit people off of the ledge.

Upward angle ftilt outranges Marth's fair it's good in that MU if you can predict the move.

T-block

B2B TST
I agree with P-1 in that it's a decent killing move. I kill with it more than I would expect.

Didn't know that it can outrange Marth's f-air... I'm guessing the spacing is incredibly precise though?

Count

Smash Champion
3/5

A good, useful move, but I honestly think it is Diddy Kong's worst. Missing it leaves you vulnerable and a lot of time the reward for landing a hit isn't great. do NOT use this move at love percents against characters some characters, most importantly snake.

P1, Imma steal some of those situations you just listed.

Yehitscalro

Smash Rookie
Yo

:phone: 3/5 I rarely use this move it's a bit noobish and u see alot of noobs over use this move. It is quite a good spacing tool though but u hardly ever see pros like advent or ninjalink use this. Btw my fc is 1634 5775 4741 if anyone wants to play a good game against a pretty decent diddy and ic main

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
^^^^Can't tell if serious....>.>

I don't see this being Diddy's worst move =/, Diddy's jab 2/3 probably is followed by nair. Nair is only useful pretty much only when:

-you're playing an olimar
-You see an opportunity to get a free hit at low percents with it that you know nair will positively be fast enough to hit
-They're at a blindspot to all the other moves (the diagnols of Diddy), usually this is only when I'm pulling out bananas high in the air without a midair jump so I'll FF this move for a surprise attack.

ftilt is much better than nair IMO.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Just randomly decided to test this and you can get two ftilt locks on someone if you buffer it, but after the 2nd one they pop too far away to get any more hits.

Luigi player

Smash Master
This discussion helped me I never really used ftilt, because it's kinda slow and laggy, but if you use it in the right situations it can be a useful attack.
Now I'm using ftilt a lot more, because it has good range (up angled one helps too against some aerial approaches) and keeps other moves fresher. I'm also using it as a followup after a banana hit.

A long time ago I sometimes used it for KOing since it was always so fresh lol. Now I started doing that again a bit. It's just another option that makes my moves more difficult to predict.

Zorc Of Norway

Smash Cadet
Just discovered a great combo with f-tilt. Don't know if it has been done before, but I've never seen it.

>Glide down-toss towards opponent in such a way where you will glide past him while he trips.
>Wait enough for the bana to land, then f-tilt (week hit) your opponent so he is pushed onto the banana peel.
>He slips again
>Follow up with any move you want

This combo does around 30+ dmg depending on what you follow up the last slip with.

I have not tested what % it works on many chars, but at 0-20% I believe it is guaranteed on some.

(EDIT): If you follow the second slip up with a dash grab, you can pummel release the enemy into the banana peel

Last edited:
Top Bottom