• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**The NEW competitive guide to Jigglypuff**

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
u said about fair and bair for killing ... but what about nair?
if i think about a move for stagespiking with jiggs, i think at once about the nair ...

and maybe use this, its maybe better than such a black BG pic, but dunno if i rendered it right ...

and if u use the usmash oos right you can use it for killing too, but thats very specific ...

still nice article xD
upsmash oos is for peach's who like to dair over you.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
u said about fair and bair for killing ... but what about nair?
if i think about a move for stagespiking with jiggs, i think at once about the nair ...

and maybe use this, its maybe better than such a black BG pic, but dunno if i rendered it right ...

and if u use the usmash oos right you can use it for killing too, but thats very specific ...

still nice article xD
I'll add these, thanks.

its still black bg

edit no its not im dum

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
LOLOLOL hahahahaahaha

this means my guide was good? Thanks! :lick:

Gen.P

Smash Rookie
I made an account here just for me to post on this. One thing you should add is: DON'T GET HIT, DO NOT GET HIT(I'm sorry if you put this, but i don't really have enough time to look through all of it)!

Post me on AiB about this guides progression b/c idk my way around this place :/

Kishin

Smash Ace
I like this guide. I really don't ever use her jab or f-tilt at all but now I think I'll try to utilize those, along with some other moves I've been thinking about using.

Also, that Ganon in the video of the mindgames reminds me of myself.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I made an account here just for me to post on this. One thing you should add is: DON'T GET HIT, DO NOT GET HIT(I'm sorry if you put this, but i don't really have enough time to look through all of it)!

Post me on AiB about this guides progression b/c idk my way around this place :/
Isai said don't get hit, not you lol.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I am just curious SNO, are you still working on this?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I've been fooling around with the neutral air recently and i've came to the conclusion that its a great shield poker.

Basically, you jump in the air and n air, then fast fall into your opponent's shield and then follow up with a grab. It works. If they try to read it use pound to counter their sidestep dodge. N air last so long so they have no idea that its going to stay out long enough for you to hit them when your too far away from them. Of course if they actually try to attack you they'll hit you because it has no priority, but take full advantage of this if they are acting too defensive or are trying to sheild grab/sheild dsmash(MK)

The n air gets weaker the longer its out so try to hit your opponent when its just about to lose its hitbox to make them flinch and then you can grab them during that time.

This works best on characters like Metaknight and not so much on characters like DDD because you'll just get a b air to the face.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I am just curious SNO, are you still working on this?
Yes I am; I've been busy with life. I'm probly going to have to write up how to approach myself because no one wants to help me =/

Jigglymaster Ill add some of that in a bit.

Tham

Smash Apprentice
id like to help if i would know how xD?

@nair: weakhit nair2rest works, but u need to be a bit lucky, but if you hit with the last frames of your nair u are sometimes able to rest at once after nair ends - not that often, but i used it a few times

Exegguter

Smash Lord
jiggz metagame has never slowed down for me. every time i play this game i either pick up on something new or simply improve in consistency. Ive always been extremely creative since i was young. While most people lose their imagination as they grow older, I've never lost my youthful spirit and creativity. Jiggz doesn't suck, her mind game possibilities are endless and she can dominate the ground just as well as the air. Brawl jiggz is the **** and shes the embodiment of my ideal character. Every possible option i can think of, i can do so with her. You can hate all you want on brawl jiggz, but if you give up on her, your simply not skilled enough to use her and don't deserve to play such an incredibly pro character choice. :D
win post is win

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I've been fooling around with the neutral air recently and i've came to the conclusion that its a great shield poker.

Basically, you jump in the air and n air, then fast fall into your opponent's shield and then follow up with a grab. It works. If they try to read it use pound to counter their sidestep dodge. N air last so long so they have no idea that its going to stay out long enough for you to hit them when your too far away from them. Of course if they actually try to attack you they'll hit you because it has no priority, but take full advantage of this if they are acting too defensive or are trying to sheild grab/sheild dsmash(MK)

The n air gets weaker the longer its out so try to hit your opponent when its just about to lose its hitbox to make them flinch and then you can grab them during that time.

This works best on characters like Metaknight and not so much on characters like DDD because you'll just get a b air to the face.
I've tried the n air. It's quite useful. Thanks for telling me the tip.:)

Tham

Smash Apprentice
About the author
Rest kill %s:

Jigglypuff 57%
Metaknight 64%
Sheik 64%
Zelda 65%
Fox 65%
Peach 66%a
Olimar 67%
Zero Suit Samus 69%
Game and Watch 69%
Toon Link 70%
Lucas 70%
Squirtle 70%
Falco 70%
Kirby 71%
Diddy 71%
Luigi 72%
Pit 73%
Lucario 73%
R.O.B. 75%
Yoshi 77%
Sonic 77%
Charizard 78%
Wario 78%
Wolf 79%
Samus 80%
Mario 81%
Marth 81%
Bowser 81%
Pikachu 83%
Ivysaur 85%
Ice Climbers 86%
Captain Falcon 88%
King Dedede 93%
Ganon 94%
Ike 97%
Link 98%
Donkey Kong 100%
Snake 103%
on which stage? with DI? with fast falled arial?
this does not look that realistic (i could test it on monday, but im not able to do it now)

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord

i remember spamming this at COT4, its a fun little trick xd

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
on which stage? with DI? with fast falled arial?
this does not look that realistic (i could test it on monday, but im not able to do it now)
its from Alex's old guide so i have no idea

good ****, added this under how to approach

Metatitan

Smash Master

Nair is like one of her few moves that actually comboes well.

Combo into a grab or f tilt, whichever depending on their DI. Mabey F tilt angled upward to prop them into the air a little (idk the trajectory on it.

I like this guide. I really don't ever use her jab or f-tilt at all but now I think I'll try to utilize those, along with some other moves I've been thinking about using.

Also, that Ganon in the video of the mindgames reminds me of myself.
Jab and F tilt really are bad but compared to her D tilt as well as other attacks, you can be grateful that they have uses. Jab really doesn't have enough hitstun to combo into anything if they're careful; if they're not then by all means jab-> Grab.

F tilt is kind've jigglypuff's pathetic attempt to get someone out of her face.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Have you tried asking him on his Youtube page? Though, he might not remember because how long he wrote that.
he hasn't been on in ages, let alone been on AIM. He's at an university now, much like myself.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
So, ya, don't worry. I'll get the stuff for this thread to you pretty soon. I have a midterm tomorrow, though.. XD

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Good guide, but the one thing that's bugging me is that you said dair>rest is only a true combo if it trips, which I'm pretty sure is not true. You may be doing it wrong, as if you do it in training mode correctly it should count as consecutive hits even without trip.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Good guide, but the one thing that's bugging me is that you said dair>rest is only a true combo if it trips, which I'm pretty sure is not true. You may be doing it wrong, as if you do it in training mode correctly it should count as consecutive hits even without trip.
Actually even if they don't trip they may still be able to block the rest leaving you open for an attack. The cpu does this blocking. But the no triping may work but watch the d air video for some cool techniques to use with d air.

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
It can be shielded 90% of the time or higher if they don't trip, it can't be if they trip. Do the math, you can't tell if they can block it, and your guaranteed to lose if you miss pretty much. Be smart!

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I love the update. I really don't think it will do much.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Do you guys want me to replace the currently stickied guide with this one?

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
....so, you can shield during hitstun? This is new to me... Why would it count as consecutive hits then? Also, we may be talking about different %'s here. At higher % dair has more hitstun, enough to true combo into rest, and even into jab, ftilt, and ftilt later on (though you might as well Rest instead). I was testing this in Training fyi with the Consecutive Hits meter.
Do you guys want me to replace the currently stickied guide with this one?
I would reccomend it, the other guide is pretty old and will never get updated.

PND

Smash Champion
....so, you can shield during hitstun? This is new to me... Why would it count as consecutive hits then? Also, we may be talking about different %'s here. At higher % dair has more hitstun, enough to true combo into rest, and even into jab, ftilt, and ftilt later on (though you might as well Rest instead). I was testing this in Training fyi with the Consecutive Hits meter.

I would reccomend it, the other guide is pretty old and will never get updated.
....so, you can shield during hitstun?
Where am I?

Oh, I'm at:
Smash World Forums » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Brawl Character Discussion » Jigglypuff » **The NEW competitive guide to Jigglypuff** (Yea im still working on this!)

hhhmmm. . .

Smash World Forums » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Brawl Character Discussion

Not quite there yet. . .

Smash World Forums » Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I think I might be on to something here. . . gimme a sec. . .

» Super Smash Bros. Brawl

. . . almost. . . there. . .

» Brawl

**** it, I forgot where I was going with this. I need a breather, all this thinking is giving me a headache.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
**** it, I forgot where I was going with this. I need a breather, all this thinking is giving me a headache.
Maybe you were going to:
"There is hitstun in Brawl? Since when?"

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
All right, since this is actively getting updated and contains a lot of info from the old guide anyway, I'm gonna sticky this and take down Alex's.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Does this work?

Uh.... I'm not sure if this helps but... I thought of a strategy to approach with Jigglypuff.:idea:

I'm not sure if this works (I didn't test it on a human player yet) but what I did was I jump in the air as I approach to the opponent then I air dodge as I come closer to the opponent. Not too early. Then as I land in front of the opponent I should be holding the shield button in case if they attack. Now you have 3 attack choices:

-If they decide to shield, then I grab them.
-If they sidestep, then you use pound.
-If they attack you, wait for their attack to finish then use any attack (a quick attack) or a grab.

or for defence you may:
-continue shielding (best not to hold too long)
-side step ( in case if your opponent tries to do another grab)
-roll left or right

This is a game of choosing which one will work and guessing what your opponent might do. I'm sure there may be more choices than what I listed here.

If this is too confusing don't worry. I will try to upload a video showing this.

I hope I helped. If this doesn't work... well at least I tried to help.

oops sorry for my grammar.:embarrass

Noobicidal

Smash Master
SHAD is a very effective mix-up for approaches and should be used a LOT more than it currently is. As for your attack options, they are, pardon my condescending tone, extremely obvious and non-character specific (except for Pound, but the idea of using a move with a lingering hitbox to "plow through" spot dodges is a given for any character who can do so).

T-block

B2B TST
I use it all the time... it was actually a combo vid where I saw Jiggs air dodge through someone > grab that inspired me to play Jiggs lol... I thought it was super slick.

Titah

Smash Rookie
I'm new to the boards, and I was wondering if this guide was out of date...

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I think it's a really good guide. I learned a few things that I didn't know, and recognized a few things that i did know.

I'm mainly asking out of curiosity :D

On a side note, is there somewhere in the Jigglypuff forums where I can learn about good stages and bad stages for Jigglypuff. Also I'd like to know the best way for Jigglypuff to smash DI. :D

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
I'm new to the boards, and I was wondering if this guide was out of date...

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I think it's a really good guide. I learned a few things that I didn't know, and recognized a few things that i did know.

I'm mainly asking out of curiosity :D

On a side note, is there somewhere in the Jigglypuff forums where I can learn about good stages and bad stages for Jigglypuff. Also I'd like to know the best way for Jigglypuff to smash DI. :D
Welcome Titah. Well this isn't the thread to introduce yourself though. You may introduce yourself to the Jigglypuff Social Thread.

Oh yeah. This guide isn't outdated. There is a guide way older than this. Don't worry. I'm glad to see a new Jigglypuff user arrive.:)

Jigglerpuff

Smash Rookie
Good guide, learned some new stuff.

I'll probably make my own version on another site, don't worry though, I'll be sure to give credit.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Okay:
Wall of Pain isn't when you carry the opponent off the stage with aerials, wall of pain is where you space short-hopped bairs and nairs to prevent the opponent getting in. You can't really do it in Brawl.

Should probably mention how you can snap the ledge with Sing, so if your last jump almost reaches the ledge, sing will probably give you the extra boost.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Okay:
Wall of Pain isn't when you carry the opponent off the stage with aerials, wall of pain is where you space short-hopped bairs and nairs to prevent the opponent getting in. You can't really do it in Brawl.
You're completely wrong about the definition of WoP. It IS carrying the opponent off-stage and either killing them or preventing their recovery by using Bair and Fair.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wall%20of%20Pain

Should probably mention how you can snap the ledge with Sing, so if your last jump almost reaches the ledge, sing will probably give you the extra boost.
The additional ledge-snap distance is negligible and shouldn't warrant any mention.

Top Bottom