• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**The NEW competitive guide to Jigglypuff**

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
This guide is ***
This character is ***!!!

Lol, well if you want to help it feel free to contribute what it's lacking and I'll add it in. I don't play this game anymore, but if Jigglypuff actually changed and the guide is all wrong let me know. It doesn't matter to me if it needs a re-haul. But who still picks her up? :S

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
Thanks, this has been a very useful guide. I have been planning to main Jigglypuff, but I didn't no what do do with him. I don't see him as a horrible character at all, he's one of my best. I really hope to improve my Jigglypuff from this. Many thanks!

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
I've always seen it as a guy :urg:

I've got a question, what can I do against a smash spamming Pit? I play this matchup a lot, but Pit is really hard to fight against as a Puff I think. I try to be unpredictable and strike him with aerials when he doesn't expect it, but Pit's smashes seem to go through all of Jiggly's attacks :mad:. The match is always set on Final Destination.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I've got a question, what can I do against a smash spamming Pit? I play this matchup a lot, but Pit is really hard to fight against as a Puff I think. I try to be unpredictable and strike him with aerials when he doesn't expect it, but Pit's smashes seem to go through all of Jiggly's attacks :mad:. The match is always set on Final Destination.
Well if aerials don't work then land, shield the smash and punish with grab or OOS aerials.

If I ever had to write a guide for Jiggs I'd emphasize on how her ground game is important because you can't shield in the air.

@GW : jiggs indeed needs a new guide but your attempt was unorganized as fudge. If anything it shouldn't be the initiative of only one person.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I live!

She *

And this guide is booty

If you need questions, you can always ask

For the stage the metagame was at the time it was written, there was nothing wrong with this guide and even collaborated the most respected Jigglypuff's additional input. I'm sure the metagame changed though (probably not much with this one dimensional nerfed to oblivion character) not sure what new techs if anything were discovered for this character... but I'm shocked someone cared enough to try a kinda rushed attempt at a new one- which was lacking for how much the metagame advanced (unless of course, it didn't for puff)

edit: Is there any info in there I should add? That person still took some time to write it up, if anything is useful I can add it in and credit him. At least the hitbox images maybe?

Clearly the best guide for this character is a single post saying:

"Don't use her."

I don't play this game anymore, I moved onto SfxT, but if anything needs to be cleaned up, or added... feel free to PM me or let me know so I can add it in. :)

SoulPech

Smash Master
She's good to use for a runaway game and punish the opponent when they throw out a move. It also teaches you patience as well. It's an uphill battle if your opponent gets the lead.

D

Deleted member 189823

Another thing to point out is that I really like her aerial mobility. I use characters like Yoshi and Wario, who also have great air speed.

RPK

Smash Lord
The original author of the guide got banned...Damn, I got banned? D: That's not true at all! Thank you though for putting up a new guide thats up to date.

Edit: Wait...Im an idiot. Wrong thread lool. I...thought this was in the Melee section...

Last edited:
Top Bottom