• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Summary

Well I've done it. We now have a complete list of Toon Link's AT's (Advanced Techniques), Tricks and Combos. So now that it's up to date, all I have to do now is write any New AT's, Tricks and Combos down as soon as they are discovered.

So from now on:
If you think you've found a New AT, Trick or Combo, then this is the place to post it. Don't make a new thread.
I would be happy to discuss it, research it, test it and if it all works out, add it to the list. So feel free to let me know.

How can you help?
There are a few ways that you can help.
Firstly, if I have left out an AT, Trick or Combo or have forgotten to say something about one of them, then let me know and I'll fix it.
Secondly, If you are reading through the list and you see that you were not credited for something or you see that someone else was not credited for something, then let me know and I'll fix it.
Thirdly give me feedback! Did it help you? Did you learn anything? Whatever comes to mind.

I will update this thread every time a New AT, Trick or Combo comes out, so if you discover something that isn't on this list or you've found an improvement to something on this list, then let me know what it is (just in case I don't already know) and I'll gladly update.

Concerning the Usefulness Rating

Ok, in light of the fact that a lot of these techs are useless, the Toon Link Back Room and I have decided to give each of the AT's and Tricks on this list a Rating for its usefulness. So how are they going to be judged? We asked ourselves the question, "How useful would this be in a real game situation?" The difficulty of the tech has nothing to do with its usefulness so I will assume that the player using the tech has mastered it. I will also assume with all the AT's and Tricks, especially the Stage specific ones, that you are on the best stage for it to work on.
Now, you do the move many times in the match, did it help? How much? If you didn't do it at all, what would have happened then?
We've given the AT's and Tricks a rating out of ten which can be found under Stages: and it will work like this...
If you see Usefulness: 10/10, this means that you should definitely learn this tech because in a real game situation, this tech could mean the difference between a win and a loss.
If you see Usefulness: 1/10, this means that even under the best stage situation and so on, this isn't useful at all, so there isn't much point learning it (unless you're bored).
Just remember that this isn't the be all and end all. The usefulness rating will change over time as Toon's Meta game develops. Everyone has their own opinion as to what is useful and what isn't. So if you absolutely must, you may post your opinion, I will consider it and I might even change the rating for you if you put up a good argument. This does not mean that if you are persistent I will change it. This only means that if you make some good points then I would be obliged to do something about it.

Index

Bombs
IBomb
Z-Dropping Techs
Sliding Techs
Ledge Techs
Bomb Catching Techs
Spiking Techs
While Holding a Bomb Techs

Boomerang
Phantom Boomerang
Wavebouncing Techs
Gliding
Zero Lag Catching
The In-between Angles

Arrows
Quickdraw Techs
Wavebouncing Techs
RQS
BCAT
Arrow Locking

Sword Play
Up-B Techs
Up-B Wavebounces
Down-smash Techs
Up-smash Techs
Nair Techs
Jab Techs
Dair Techs
Uair Techs
Dash Attack Techs

General
Running/Pivoting Techs
Grabbing Techs
Ledge/Zair Techs
Banana Techs

AT Videos!!!
The Bomb Cancelled D-smash 1 Hit KO/Gimp
New Toon Link Tricks
Toon Link Pivot Landing
Toon Link's Neglected Projectiles, Pivoty-Thingy and Retreating Pivot Grab
Some Toon Link Zair Stuff and FIOD's Reverse Up-B stuff
Toon Link Recap 03/01/09
Toon Link Recap 03/26/09
BattleChrist's cool arrow trick 2
Sexiest Arrow Cancel
Bomb Freaking Spike
Two Bomb Tricks
Instant Wall Jump
Invinci-Bombing
Short Hop Double Bomb
A Guide to Using Toon Link's Bombs
Special Momentum Shift (For Toon Link)
SHFF Quickdraws
Toon Link Glitch
Bair to DJ Dair DI
SAF & SAFC
Video tutorial: Bomb U-smash, Bomb-throw cancel
Toon Link's Bomb Fake Out
More of Bomb Fake Out
Link Boomerang Glitch
Toon Titan- A Toon Link Combo Video by Santi
radori has tech skill?!?!?
New skill!?
FTBS - Forward throw bomb slide
Retreating SHDA
Bomb Stuff
Boomerang Stuff

Special Thanks!
Everyone who has helped.

(Second Post)

The Data Dump
Some useful raw data with nowhere else to go.

The Song of Brainstorms (Brainstorming Section)
Quick Summary
Index
Overcoming Toon's Weaknesses
The Mysteries of Toon Link
Under developed Tricks and Possible New Techs
This Section is for Serious Discussion Only
Credit

Bombs

Invincibomb (Ibomb)
Probably the most versatile AT that Toon has.
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, Jump, use airdodge then hit A instantly after (Almost at the same time).
Effect: Toon will do an air dodge and drop the bomb at the same time. This means that you can hit them with the bomb and avoid the blast and any other attacks at the same time.
Note: This can be used in almost any situation. Whether you’re attacking, defending, falling or rising, this is always a good option and should be used by all Toon Links. Something to keep in mind; Air dodging gets you out of hitstun faster than any other option such as aerials, bomb throws or double jumps, so you can use the Invincibomb as a sort of 'combo breaker' or as a way of getting out of things like Meta Knight's Tornado as soon as you DI/SDI up and out enough. Also, keep in mind that if you're in hitstun and holding L, say if you tried to Ibomb too early, then press A or Z, you won't Ibomb, it'll just Z-drop the Bomb.
Stages: All
Usefulness: 10/10
Credit: CaliburChamp

Z-Drop/Bomb Drop
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Jump, Hit Z (grab button) just when your about to touch the ground.
Effect: Toon will drop a Bomb on the ground in front of him without it exploding.
Note: Once you have the bomb on the ground you can use Dair next to it to make the bomb slide or you can pick it back up with a quick aerial then follow up with a bomb throw. The Z-dropped Bomb can be used as a temporary shield against things like Wolf's laser, Mario's fireballs and IC's sliding ice block thingies. Something to keep in mind; Anything that can be Quickdrawed (see the arrow section) can be Z-dropped. So pretty much, if you can quickdraw it, you can Z-drop a Bomb instead.
Usefulness: 2/10

The Invincibomb Drop
How to Perform: Combine the power of the Invincibomb and the Z-Drop. Pull out a Bomb, Jump, Airdodge and Hit A instantly just before you touch the ground.
Effect: Toon will drop a Bomb on the ground just behind him without it exploding.
Note: Very similar to the Z-drop only you drop the Bomb behind you. But how is this useful? Actually it can be quite useful. I've found some great uses for it and I've added them further on in the other AT's.
Credit: TWiNKatGC

SHBD (Short Hop Bomb Drop)
How to Perform: Short hop (SH), Pull out a bomb and Z-drop the bomb on the ground.
Effect: Toon will SH, Bomb pull and Z-drop the bomb on the ground all in the one SH.
Note: This is probably the easiest and quickest way to Z-drop a bomb. If you want you can Hit and Hold Z when you Z-drop the bomb, this will shield the blast of the bomb just in case you get the timing wrong. Get this; you can also do this with the Invincibomb Drop. Just SH, Bomb Pull, Airdodge Instant A.
Usefulness: 4/10

SHAZ (Short Hop Arrow Z-drop)
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, SH, Hit B, Z-drop the Bomb on the Ground.
Effect: Toon will SH, shoot an arrow then Z-drop the Bomb on the ground.
Note: This way of Z-dropping the Bomb is a little harder then the SHBD, but this way is probably the safest way to Z-drop the Bomb because it doesn't interrupt your projectile spam nearly as much as the SHBD does. You need to Z-drop the Bomb as soon as the whole animation of Toon shooting the arrow has ended. If you try to Z-drop the Bomb any earlier, it will buffer into a throw. The SHAZ can also be done with the Invincibomb Drop. Something you might want to try; SH, Bomb Pull, Quickdraw, SH, Arrow, Z-drop.
Usefulness: 3/10
Credit: Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Double Jump Drop (DJD)
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Jump (you just need to be in the air so you could even just walk off a platform), then when you are as close to the ground as possible without actually landing, Hit Z-drop and Double jump at the same time.
Effect: If you time it just right, Toon will Z-drop the Bomb safely on the ground and at the same time, Double Jump away.
Note: Possibly the hardest way to Z-drop a bomb on the ground, it's all in the timing. Some practical uses for this are, SH, Bomb Pull, DJD or SH, Arrow, DJD or even SH, IZAC, DJD. Those are just some ideas, but this move is very flexible, you just need to be in the air, with a Bomb and your double jump. Something interesting to note; if you DJD and use a Dair straight after, you can do a platform bomb without platforms.
Usefulness: 5/10
Credit: Hyrulian Royalty (Hyro)

Edge Ibomb Drop
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Run towards the edge of a platform, then as soon as you run off the edge of the platform, Instantly return the joystick to neutral and Hit Airdodge and A (Ibomb).
Effect: Toon will run off the edge of the platform and leave behind a Z-dropped Bomb right on the edge while he airdodges away.
Note: This method also requires precise timing because it revolves around the Ibomb dropping the bomb slightly behind Toon. It is not limited to platforms, you can do it while running off the edge of the stage but this isn't exactly recommended. At least when you're on stage you can cancel the airdodge with a Zair and then cancel the Zair by landing. Off stage, you have to wait till you're done airdodging and then instantly double jump back on stage.
Stages: All, but it's better used on stage with platforms.
Credit: Nyjeezy

Bomb Up-smash
How to Perform: First of all do a SHBD to get a Bomb on the ground, Run towards it then when your right over it use a Dash Attack Cancelled Up-smash (for more information on the Dash Attack Cancelled Up-smash, look in the Swordplay section under Hyphen Smash).
Effect: Toon will drop a Bomb on the ground, run at it then do an Up-smash while holding a Bomb.
Note: You can also charge the Up-smash if you do it my way. The Dash Attack part picks up the Bomb then you cancel into an Up-smash. Do I need to tell you what you can do next? Throw the Bomb Up and follow up.
Credit: Arc -The Fallen-

Slope Bombing
How to Perform: Stand on a slope/slanted platform facing towards the higher end, Pull out a bomb, Jump, instantly Z drop the Bomb on the way up, Use Dair next to it on the higher side.
Effect: Toon will drop a bomb on the slope on the way up without it exploding, the bomb will slowly slide down the hill, if you use Dair next to it you will slide down the slope and the bomb will jump after you.
Note: When the bomb is sliding it will have a white aura surrounding it. If your opponent touches the bomb when it is in this state it will blow up, if the bomb touches your opponents shield in this state the bomb will jump up vertically. Get this; you can do something I call Reverse Slope Bombing by using the Invincibomb Drop. Just Pull out a Bomb, Face the opposite direction (away from the slope), SH and Invincibomb on the way up. The only problem is you can't Dair straight away to make it jump because your still airdodging by the time you touch the ground so you might like to try a Full Hop. Now, there is more to Slope Bombing then meets the eye. For example, I have only told you what happens to the Bomb if you Dair on the higher side of the Bomb (it Jumps). Well, if you Dair on the lower side of the Bomb, nothing happens, the Bomb remains 'active' and if you Dair on top of the Bomb, it explodes. So how is this helpful or in any way useful? Well, these other effects of Slope Bombing come in handy when you have two Bombs active, I'll explain. But first of all, the quickest way to get two Bombs sliding down the slope at the same time is, you Pull out a Bomb, Full Hop, Z-drop the Bomb on your way up, Pull out another Bomb then Z-drop it on the way down. You now have two 'Slope Bombs'. Now what you can do with the two Bombs is you can either leave them both as mines, Dair behind both of them to make them both Jump after you, Dair between them to make the lower Bomb Jump after you and have the higher Bomb stay behind as a mine or you can Dair on top of the higher Bomb to make the lower Bomb Jump down and make you not slide after it because of the explosion. But yeah, it's just something to keep in mind.
Stages: This AT can be used on any Stage that has a slope. That said, I'll only list the Stages that this is easiest to perform on (steeper slopes).
Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit, Pirate Ship, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Distant Planet, New Pork City, Summit, Green Hill Zone, Temple, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Brinstar and Pokemon Stadium.
Usefulness: 6/10

C4
There are two ways to do this, so there are two "How to Perform"s.
How to Perform 1: Stand underneath a go throughable platform (Like on Battlefield), Pull out a bomb, full hop then Z-drop just as your jumping through the platform.
Effect: Toon will jump up and land on the platform, but as he is doing this, he will Z-drop a bomb safely on the platform.
Note: This is a good alternative to just Z-dropping. (Can also be done with an Invincibomb Drop).
Stages: Will work on any Stage that has a go through able platform. So every Stage except....
Final Destination, Mushroomy Kingdom, Bridge of Eldin, Mario Bros, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island Melee and Corneria.

How to Perform 2: Stand on top of a go throughable platform, Pull out a bomb, Hit down to pass through the platform (quickly return the Joystick back to neutral) and Z-drop the bomb as your going through.
Effect: Toon will pass through the platform and he will leave behind a bomb sitting on the platform.
Note: This is harder than the first way to C4. You can use the two, one after the other, to leave two bombs on the platform above you. (Can also be done with the Invincibomb Drop).
Stages: Same as above.

Platform Bombing
How to Perform: Similar to Slope Bombing only without the slope! Pull out a Bomb, Jump through a go throughable platform and Z-drop the Bomb on it on the way Up (think C4) then Instantly use Dair.
Effect: Toon will Jump through the platform, Z-drop the bomb on it, instantly use Dair next to the Bomb and the Bomb will Jump sideways.
Note: This is harder than it sounds. It's all in the timing of the Z-drop. Drop it too early and it will land on the platform perfectly still. Drop it a little later and it will bounce with a little bit of "white aura". Drop it slightly later still and the Bomb will bounce twice with even more "white aura". Any later and it will explode. In order for this to work properly and the Bomb to Jump, you need the two bounces and an instant Dair. Now how is this useful? Well normally if you Z-drop a Bomb on a platform and make it slide off with Dair, even if it touches the opponent, it won't blow up. But by Platform Bombing, the Bomb will Jump off and it will blow up when it touches the opponent.
Stages: All. That's right! This will work on every Stage, even Final Destination. But Final Destination doesn't have any go throughable platforms? So you use the stage itself! How do you do this? Pull out a Bomb, Jump Backwards off stage, Double Jump Back on stage, Z-drop the Bomb on your way up so the Bomb lands on the edge then Instantly use Dair. I wouldn't have told you this if I hadn't of done it myself. I can't stress how hard it is. Another way to do this would be, Pull out a Bomb, Jump off the edge and hang on to the ledge, Hit away from the ledge, Double Jump Back on stage, Z-drop the Bomb on your way up so the Bomb lands on the edge then Instantly use Dair.

The Bouncy Bomb
How to Perform: First of all you need to be on a stage that has the screen moving up and the stage moving down. Pull out a Bomb, Jump through a go through able platform and Z-drop the Bomb just as you over the platform your jumping through (think C4).
Effect: Toon will jump through the platform, drop a Bomb which will land on the platform and jump around on the spot with the same white aura as Slope Bombing.
Note: When the Bomb is bouncing around on the spot, the Bomb is active. This means that if an opponent touches it, it will explode on them. Also if you use Dair next to the Bouncy Bomb, it will jump sideways just like Slope Bombing. This can also be done with the Invincibomb drop instead of the Z-drop.
Stages: Unfortunately this will only work on two stages, Rumble Falls and Rainbow Ride. On Rumble Falls because the 'speed' of the stage is always changing, it can sometimes be hard to do the Bouncy Bomb. The easiest time to do it is when the stage is moving at a medium pace (like right at the start). On Rainbow Ride it can only be done on the left side of the 'circuit' when the screen is moving up and the stage is moving down.
Credit: For the Discovery of this move, TLMSheikant. For further testing and discoveries, Fox Is Openly Deceptive.

Tree Bombing
How to Perform: Go on to Onett, Pull out a Bomb, Then C4 on one of the branches (Jump through the branch and Z-drop just over it).
Effect: The Bomb will start Bouncing up and down on the Branch because the branch will be shaking up and down hitting it.
Note: While the Bomb is in this state, it is active, just like Slope Bombing and the Bouncy Bomb. This means that if an opponent touches it, it will explode and if you Dair next to it, it will jump sideways. This can also be done with the Invincibomb drop instead of the Z-drop.
Stages: Onett.

JC Throw
Toon's answer to glide tossing
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, run in one direction, Jump then instantly hit the C-stick up, left or right (will also work with down, but you will get hurt, so what's the point).
Effect: Toon will run then slide and throw the bomb.
Note: JC simply stands for Jump Cancel. This is the most commonly accepted way to slide and throw the bomb, it is also the easiest.
Usefulness: 9/10

Sliding Throw
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, Run in one direction, pivot then hit A just as you're heading in the other direction. To do the Reverse Sliding Throw, simply hit backward then A instead of just A when you start heading the other way.
Effect: Toon will slide further then the JC throw and throw the bomb.
Note: This is basically the Pivot Slide with a Bomb. This way is much harder to get the timing down but once you've got it, it's more effective.

Bomb Slide Up Throw Fake Out
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Run in one direction, Hit the C-stick down then Instantly use Up-smash.
Effect: Toon will Pull out a Bomb, Run in one direction, Slide slightly Forwards, Throw the Bomb Forwards during the slide then raise his arm as if he were throwing the Bomb upwards.
Note: This is the same controls as the DACUS (Dash Attack Cancelled Up-smash) the only difference is you are holding a Bomb. Imagine that you are doing the DACUS, well for this to work, you need to make sure you don't charge the Up-smash.
Usefulness: 1/10

Bomb Slide Reverse Fake Out
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Run in one direction, Hit the C-stick Down, Instantly Hit Diagonally Backwards Up-smash then Instantly move the Joystick to Backwards.
Effect: Toon will Run in one direction, Throw the Bomb Forwards, do a Fake Throw Backwards then slide slightly Backwards. (He turns around, so you will slide slightly Backwards in the original direction you started running in.)
Note: This looks really trippy, it's also pretty hard. This could possibly be used to set you up for a string of Bairs. Just like the Up Throw Fake Out, you don't want to 'charge' it if you want this to work.

Ledge Bombing
How to Perform: Hang on the ledge, Hit down or backwards to get off the ledge, instantly jump (double jump), bomb pull, Z-drop on the ledge as your falling back down, re-grab the ledge.
Effect: Toon will quickly let go of the ledge then jump, pull out a bomb, safely lay it on the corner of the ledge then re-grab the ledge.
Note: This is a little trick you might like to try when edge hogging. Against all characters that have a recovery like Mario, Marth and Link, having a Bomb on the edge can be very useful when edge hogging because if they try to recover with Up-B and you're hanging on the ledge with invincibility frames (a well timed Ledge Re-Grab will help you here), they will go right past you and their Up-B will explode the Bomb right in their face. Then you can simply Uair or Nair them. This tech is also a really easy way of Z-dropping. Get this; if you do this exact same tech except you replace the Z-drop with the Invincibomb Drop, you will drop a Bomb downwards instead of dropping it on the platform. If you do this though, you won't re-grab the ledge, this can be easily solved be cancelling your airdodge with a tether.
Stages: All except Mushroomy Kingdom, Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Summit, 75m, Mario Bros, Flat Zone 2 and Shadow Moses Island.
Credit: Sasukebowser

Ledgehop Bombing
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, hang on to the ledge, jump up (ledge jump) and hit Z just as Toon is about to Jump (You hit jump then a second later Toon jumps).
Effect: Toon will jump up of the ledge and leave a bomb behind him sitting near the edge on the ground (sort of like the Z-drop).
Note: This is an unexpected way of Z-dropping a bomb. Some opponents might accidently pick up the bomb without noticing.
Stages: All except Mushroomy Kingdom, Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Summit, 75m, Mario Bros, Flat Zone 2 and Shadow Moses Island.

Ledge Grab Bombing
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, Jump off the edge and Z-drop the bomb just before you grab the ledge.
Effect: Toon will jump off the edge, Z-drop a Bomb down the side of the stage then automatically turn around and grab the ledge.
Note: This is best used against characters that recover more vertically as they try to sweet spot the ledge. You will grab the ledge, the bomb will hit them, you won't get hit because of the invincibility frames and you can easily follow up. Get this, If you do the Invincibomb Drop instead of the Z-drop, the Bomb will land safely on the platform. The only problem is you won't grab the ledge and you can't tether it because your facing the wrong way, so what you need to do is Double Jump asap and you'll grab the ledge.

Ledge Bomb Pull
There are two ways to do this, each with their own particular benefits.
How to Perform 1: Grab the ledge, Hit Down-B, then if you’re in danger of being edgeguarded, Double Jump and Throw the Bomb Up then Up-B.
Effect: Toon will fast fall and Pull out a Bomb, then cover his recovery with the Bomb which will stall near the edge and beat out any invincibility frames from an edgehog (hopefully) allowing you to grab the edge. If the opponent is in no position to edgehog you or try to stage spike you or gimp your recovery in any way, then you may as well keep the Bomb and just recover.
How to Perform 2: Grab the ledge, Slightly tilt the joystick Down and Hit B or Flick the joystick Down quickly (letting it return to neutral instantly) and Hit B.
Effect: Toon will Pull out a Bomb from the ledge and won't fast fall.
Note: The slow fall method of pulling bombs on the ledge is more susceptible to stage spikes on the way down but gives you more options for the way back up. From there you can double jump and throw the bomb up, automatically snapping to the edge without the use of Up-B and then you are able to hit away from the edge to catch or re-throw the Bomb. Or you can simply recover to the edge with your bomb in hand to aid in recovery if necessary and with more time than the fast fall method.

Chaining
How to Perform: Catch a bomb in midair with Bair, Dair or Uair then instantly use any other aerial.
Effect: Bair, Dair and Uair are special in that if you catch a bomb with them and try to do another aerial, Toon won't throw the bomb. This means that you can chain aerials together while holding a bomb without throwing the bomb.
Note: You can do as many Bair's, Dair's and Uair's as you like then finish with any aerial, but if you try to do another aerial after Nair or Fair, Toon will throw the bomb, breaking the chain. Something to keep in mind; If you catch the Bomb with Bair, Dair or Uair and you want to instantly throw the Bomb at your opponent, then there is a way that you can break the chain. After catching the Bomb with Bair Dair or Uair, simply throw the Bomb with the Instant Bomb Throw which you can find a little further down the list. This allows you to break the chain and throw the Bomb instead of using another aerial.

ZAC
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, Jump, Z-drop the bomb at the peak of your jump, then instantly catch it with an aerial (Bair, Fair, Nair, Uair or Dair).
Effect: Toon will Jump, Z-drop the bomb then instantly catch it with an aerial.
Note: This allows you to use aerials while holding a bomb. This is good because it means you can follow up with a bomb throw.

IZAC
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, Jump then quickly Tap Z to Z-drop the bomb, Instantly let go of Z (tap), then Instantly catch it with an aerial.
Effect: Similar to the ZAC, the only difference being that the IZAC comes out faster.
Note: It is very important that you Z-drop the Bomb asap, too early will cancel the jump (JC Throw), too late, well it won't be as effective. It is also extremely important that you are not pressing Z when you use an aerial otherwise it won't work. You can try tapping or flicking Z to make sure you're only pressing it for a split second, whatever works for you. So yeah, this is super hard to pull off. But if you do manage to pull it off it means that you can use more than one aerial in the one SH while holding a bomb by Chaining the aerials together, then you can easily follow up with a bomb throw.

Instant Bomb Throw
How to Perform: Catch a Bomb by Hitting Airdodge, A and a direction (Up, Down, Left or Right) at the same time.
Effect: Toon will Instantly catch and throw the Bomb without the catching animation. So it's an Instant Bomb Throw.
Note: What's really happening is your catching the Bomb with an airdodge then you're instantly cancelling the airdodge with the throw. This move can also be done by catching a Bomb with Airdodge and C-stick; it all depends on what you prefer. You can do this move to a Bomb that you threw up in the air, or to a Bomb that has been Z-dropped on a platform above you by jumping then doing it, or to a Bomb that has been Z-dropped on the ground by jumping then instantly doing it, you can even do it to a Bomb that has been shielded or anything, just as long as you catch it with Airdodge+A+Direction or Airdodge+C-stick. The Instant Bomb Throw doesn't necessarily have to be used to catch and throw a Bomb, it can be used to simply throw a Bomb you're already holding. But what is the point of this? Well as it turns out there are a few ways that this is sometimes better than a normal throw. For example, it can be used to interrupt Chaining and perhaps more useful, it can be used to momentum cancel better. If you get hit out off stage with a Bomb, it is a faster option to Instant Throw the Bomb than to throw the Bomb normally because Air dodge, which is cancelled with the Instant Throw, comes out faster during hitstun than a normal Bomb throw does. So you can regain control of Toon faster and thus, you can momentum cancel better and survive some things which you otherwise would not have been able to.
Stages: All.

SHDB (Short Hop Double Bomb)
This is the Bomb equivalent to the SHDA.
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Tilt Throw it Up, Pull out a Bomb, SH, Throw the Bomb, catch the second Bomb with an Instant Bomb Throw Forwards.
Effect: Toon will Throw a Bomb up, Pull out another then in the one SH he will throw two Bombs quickly.
Note: This all has to be done really quickly except for the SH Bomb throw because if you do that too quickly you will cancel the SH and just throw the Bomb. This can also be done using a platform, just Z-drop the Bomb on the Platform (like one of the side platforms on Battlefield) go under the platform and Pull out a Bomb, then SH, Throw Bomb, Catch the second Bomb with an Instant Bomb Throw. It is a great move to pull off if you have the time, assuming you already have a Bomb in hand, you still have to tilt throw it up, Bomb Pull and SH before you throw any Bombs. But once you're in the air this is a dominating move because you can throw two Bombs at almost the same time in the one SH. Now I can see real potential in this because you can also vary the strength of your throws, so you can have two Bombs coming at them at the same speed and distance or at varying speeds and distances. So you could have a strong throw then a weak throw or visa versa. We could even have new techs coming from this. I mean imagine what we could do even if they shielded them both and they both bounce up off the shield. Finally what makes this move the greatest thing you can do out of a SH, is that it can be Quickdrawed! So if you're fast enough this means that you can unleash Three Projectiles in the One SH, two Bombs and an Arrow. There are many variations of this same tech, but they all have the two main ingredients, the two Bombs right after each other. An example of another variation you could try is, you Pull out a Bomb, Smash throw it up, Instantly Full Hop, Instantly Pull out another Bomb on your way up, Double Jump, throw the Bomb, catch the other Bomb with the Instant Bomb throw (All done quickly). This variation is less punishable, but it means that you are very high up without your double jump, so I would recommend that you throw the Bombs down if your opponent starts to close in. DTL also did another variation using platforms in one of his vids called "Toon Link's Neglected Projectiles (and so on)" which can be found near the top of the AT videos.
Credit: Hyrulian_Royalty

The Invincicatch
How to Perform: Simply catch a Bomb with the Invincibomb (Airdodge then Instantly Hit A. Just remember to keep the joystick neutral.)
Effect: Toon will catch the Bomb, airdodge and the Bomb will slowly fall down like a Z-drop. The Effect all depends on what the Bomb was doing before you caught it, but pretty much, the Bomb will instantly slowly fall as if it had been Z-dropped. So a quick example, someone throws a Bomb up at you, you catch it with the Invincicatch, it instantly starts slowly falling or if you catch a bomb that is falling down, it will instantly loose it's momentum and slowly fall.
Note: This can be used to make the Bomb fall through platforms! Simply stand underneath a platform, Jump and catch the Bomb with the Invincicatch when you're just starting to jump through the Platform or you can just catch it at the peak of your SH. To make the Bomb go through the platform, you can either Z-drop it on top of the platform then Invincicatch it, or throw it up through the platform then Invincicatch it when it's on it's way back down just before it explodes on the platform. The Invincicatch can also be used to Invincidrop the Bomb on platforms. You are not limited to your own Bomb either. You can Invincicatch other things as well like Rob's Gyro and Diddy's Bananas. Something you might wanna try; It's a mixture of the SHDB and the Invincicatch. Stand near the edge, Pull out a Bomb, tilt throw it up, Pull out another Bomb, SH, throw the Bomb, catch the second Bomb with the Invincicatch then DI off stage to avoid the blast (you should have been standing near the edge in step one). This technique is shown in DTL's video "Toon Link's Neglected Projectiles (and so on)" which can be found near the top of the AT videos.
Credit: UncleSam

Bomb Fake Out
How to Perform 1: Pull out a Bomb, Jump Backwards, Throw the Bomb Backwards at the peak of your Jump then instantly Hit Grab twice quickly.
How to Perform 2: Pull out a Bomb, Jump Backwards, Throw the Bomb Backwards at the peak of your Jump then instantly do the Instant Bomb Throw.
Effect for both: Toon will Jump Backwards, Throw the Bomb behind him (Toon will turn around) then re-catch and throw the Bomb again.
Note: To make this easier simply hold Backwards from the moment you Jump until you re-catch the Bomb. If you don't want to throw the Bomb again then simply Hit Grab once to catch it with an airdodge, this can then be cancelled if you wish with a Zair by delaying the second Grab for a split second. You can also re-catch the Bomb with Fair. Something to keep in mind, if you're facing your opponent you can still do the Bomb Fake Out. Simply Run towards them, RAR then the rest is normal. Get this; The Bomb Fake Out can also be thrown in any direction. To do this, when you catch it with either the first Grab or the Instant Bomb Throw, simply Push the Joystick in the desired direction that you want to throw the Bomb in (Forwards, Backwards, Up or Down) then if you're using the first way to do this, instantly Hit Grab again. This can be a little tricky though because you still have to Hold Backwards until you Grab or do the Instant Bomb Throw then instantly move the Joystick into any other position. If you have the Joystick on Neutral you will do an Invincibomb Fake Out. Finally, if you do the Bomb Fake Out in a Full hop, it can be Quickdrawed.
Credit: For further discoveries and applications, ASF1nk

Double Bomb Fake Out
How to Perform: Everything is the same as the Bomb Fake Out, except for the end. Pull out a Bomb, Jump Backwards, throw the Bomb Backwards at the peak of your Jump, instantly Hit Grab twice or do the Instant Bomb Throw then instantly Dash Forwards and catch the Bomb with Dash attack (or any SH aerial).
Effect: The same as the Bomb Fake Out except Toon will re-catch the Bomb twice. He will jump backwards, Throw the Bomb behind him, re-catch and throw the Bomb, Dash forwards and re-catch the Bomb again.
Note: You can also do this to an opponent that is in front of you the same way as before, simply Run towards them, RAR then the rest is the same. If you want to catch it for the second time with Bair, Uair or Dair, you will need to use the C-stick to use your aerial without affecting your DI. And for the more technical Toon's out there, you could even catch the second Bomb with a DACUS, now that's one heck of a mind game kill. Just like in the running BFO coming up next, you can catch the Bomb the second time with an airdodge which means you can re-throw the Bomb in any direction and so on. Read further for more details. So that would mean you threw it, caught it then threw it, caught it again and re-threw it. Just let it go already.
Credit: ASF1nk

Running Bomb Fake Out
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, run in one direction, JC Throw the Bomb Forwards, Dash forwards before the animation of the throw has ended, catch the Bomb before it lands with dash attack/any SH'd aerial/SH instant airdodge.
Effect: Toon will JC Throw the Bomb forwards, then catch it before it explodes.
Note: The trick to this tech is all in the timing of the Dash before the animation of the throw has ended. If you dash forwards, don't try to catch it and the explosion doesn't hit you, then you're dashing forwards too late. Too early and Toon simply won't dash, so mess around with your timing before attempting anything else. Now in order to catch it with an aerial other than Fair, you'll need to use the C-stick to catch the bomb with things like Bair without affecting your DI. Also, it should be noted that you can cancel the Dash attack with an U-smash (think DACUS) which means you can make it look like you caught the Bomb with U-smash. But where this tech really shines is in the ability to catch the Bomb with airdodge. You see, you can cancel the airdodge with a Bomb throw in any direction (just think the Instant Bomb Throw), so this means that you can JC throw the Bomb towards your opponent and make them think they're out of range then Dash in and re-throw the same Bomb at them. Being able to re-throw the same Bomb in any direction means that depending on your opponents movements and how they avoid the Bomb, you can throw it back at them wherever they are, so if they jump, you throw it up, you get it. But that's not all, because you can catch the Bomb with an airdodge, it also means you can Zair while holding the Bomb and Ibomb, so just keep that in mind.
Stages: All, but it helps if you do it on a flat surface with a decent amount of space.

Running Bomb Pick Up
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Z-drop it on the ground, Run towards it, Then just as your right on top of it, Put the Joystick in neutral then Hit A.
Effect: Toon will Dash towards the Bomb on the ground, then instead of using his Dash Attack to pick the Bomb up, he will reach down, pick it up and slide a little.
Note: This cannot be done out of the initial Dash animation, Toon has to be actually Running. It is essential that the Joystick is in neutral before you Hit A, otherwise Toon will just pick the Bomb up with his Dash Attack. Something to remember; This can also be done on other items as well, including Diddy's banana's. It works even when they are in his control. This can be very useful to us because our Dash attack is very laggy and this way of picking things up is much quicker.

100% Working Spike
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, Run towards your opponent, Jump, Z-drop the bomb in front of your opponent during your jump, then Spike (Dair).
Effect: Toon will drop the bomb in front of your opponent, the bomb will explode and the blast of the bomb will knock them into the Dair.
Note: This works up until like 200% so it is a 100% working spike. If your opponent is near the ledge when you do this, it is a 100% working death trap.
Stages: All except Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Mario Bros, Flat Zone 2, Shadow Moses Island and Onett.
Credit: Sean~

The Safe Spike
There are currently four ways to do this, so that means four "How to Perform"s
How to Perform 1: Pull out a bomb, Run towards the edge, Jump, throw the bomb down at the ground just as your falling back down or on your way up, Dair.
Effect: Toon will get hit by the blast of the bomb, use Dair off stage but instead of falling to his death, he will slowly fall down, then you can recover.
Note: When he is slowly falling the Dair, the Dair still has the same spiking power; the only difference is that he falls slower. The reason why he falls slower is the same reason why you slowly fall a Dair if you do it just after getting hit, the only difference is we are inflicting our own damage. This way of doing the Safe Spike will only work if you are on 40% damage or higher. If you try it on 39% or lower, you will die and you can't sue me, so there. You can also DI the blast of the bomb to direct where you get blasted too so you can Safe Spike with more accuracy.
Stages: All except Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Mario Bros, Flat Zone 2, Shadow Moses Island and Onett.

How to Perform 2: Pull out a bomb, Hang on the ledge, Hit away from the ledge, instantly throw the bomb back at the ledge, Dair.
Effect: Toon will hang on the ledge, fall away then get hit by the blast of the bomb then slowly fall a Dair.
Note: This way of Safe Spiking is best used when edge guarding. It will only work when you’re on 55% damage or higher.

How to Perform 3: Pull out a bomb, Run off the edge, throw the bomb back at the ledge, Dair.
Effect: Toon will run off the edge, throw the bomb back at the ledge, get hit by the blast of the bomb then slowly fall a Dair.
Note: This is the quickest way to Safe Spike. It will only work when you're on 55% damage or higher.
Credit: TLMarth

How to Perform 4: Knock your opponent off stage, Pull out a Bomb, Jump out over your recovering opponent, Throw the Bomb down at your opponent from close range so that you get hit by the blast as well then Use Dair.
Effect: Toon will jump out to meet his opponent, throw the Bomb down at his opponent from close range, both you and your opponent will get hit by the blast of the Bomb then you will slowly fall the Dair.
Note: This is perhaps the hardest to explain of all the Safe Spikes but I'll do my best. For all this to work and for the Spike to connect with your opponent, there are a few things that must happen. You need to be on 40% or higher. You need to be anywhere in-between the same percent or 40% higher than your opponent. You need to throw the Bomb down at your opponent and the Bomb has to hit the front half of them (the half closest to the edge as they're recovering). You need to be close enough to your opponent so that you will get hit by the blast of the Bomb. If all this is correct, you will both get hit by the blast of the Bomb in the same direction, you will be above them then you will slowly fall the Dair and spike them. If any of the percents are off or if the Bomb hits the wrong part of your opponent, then don't worry, it's called the Safe Spike for a reason. So even if your opponent gets blasted the other way, you will slowly fall the Dair and be easily able to recover. If your opponent airdodges the Bomb and you are unlucky enough to accidently hit Dair, you still have a chance of hitting your opponent anyway. I would just like to stress though that I wouldn't be using Dair unless you actually get hit by the Bomb, there is enough time to react and hit Dair so I don't see a problem.
Now, what makes this way of Safe Spiking so great is that it can be used anywhere off stage depending on where your opponent is. Also there is almost no setup time, all you need to do is Pull out a Bomb and Jump out over your opponent.

The Bomb Spike!!!
This is Toon's way of saying, "You just got pwned".
How to Perform: Simply make a bomb explode on the ground near the edge when an opponent is under the ledge, not hanging on.
Effect: The blast of the bomb will go through the stage and hit your opponent, this will send them up but they will hit the stage and get snapped downwards in a fiery display of pwnage. This will doubtlessly result in you wetting yourself (it's worth it).
Note: Your opponent may give up at this point.
Stages: Battle Field, Final Destination, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, Smashville, New Pork City, Sky World, Temple, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Big Blue and Pokemon Stadium.

F-smash while holding a Bomb
How to perform: Pull out a bomb or pick up/catch a bomb then hold A, Hit the C-stick left or right.
Effect: Toon will perform his F-smash without throwing the bomb.
Note: If you continue to hold A, Toon will charge his F-smash. To use the F-smash quickly simply let go of A as soon as you hit the C-stick, then hit A again if you wish. You can also hold A after Rolling, side stepping or any B move. In fact it works for pretty much anything that you can do while holding a Bomb without throwing it, then you hold A while Toon is still in the animation of the move and Hit C-stick left or right.

The Electric Slide
This is a combination of F-smash while holding a Bomb and The Pivot Slide.
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Instantly hold A (same as F-smash with a Bomb), Run in one direction, Pivot, Hit C-stick left or right just as you start moving in the other direction (just after the pivot).
Effect: Toon will Pull out a Bomb, Run, turn around then slide while using his F-smash, all while holding a Bomb.
Note: Refer to F-smash while holding a Bomb and Pivot Slide for more specific information. You can also Pull out a Bomb, Run, Pivot then while your pivoting hold A, then continue with the sliding F-smash. This is just another way to do it because Toon won't throw the Bomb while he is pivoting.
Credit: Lobos

Zair while holding a Bomb
How to Perform: Pull out a bomb, jump, airdodge, Zair.
Effect: Toon will use his Zair without throwing the bomb.
Note: You can also Tether recover with a Bomb using the same technique. This technique is used in the VG Combo. To do the VG combo, simply SH, airdodge, Zair (cancelled on the ground), Bomb throw, Up-smash.

Ledge Re-Grab with a Bomb
(Look in the General Section at the bottom if you want to know more about the Ledge Re-Grab.)
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Grab on to the ledge, Hit Backwards (away from the ledge), Quickly Airdodge and Hit Z twice.
Effect: Toon will move away from the ledge, then quickly Zair with a Bomb and snap to the ledge. This will quickly regain your Invincibility Frames while still holding a Bomb.
Note: This is another good way to edgeguard. If you can do it fast enough, it is more useful than the normal Ledge Re-Grab because this way means you have a bomb in hand. Something to keep in mind, because you regain your invincibility frames this means that if the Bomb explodes you won't get hurt.

Boomerang

Phantom Boomerang
How to Perform: Simply throw a Boomerang out, but, at the start of the throw the bottom of the boomerang has to touch a platform and keep going straight without deflecting.
Effect: Toon will throw the boomerang out, and it won't come back! I suppose they could have called it Fail Boomerang but Phantom sounds so much cooler.
Note: This will only work when throwing the boomerang left. Trust me, I've tried it myself and it will not.... not come back if you throw it right. You can even angle throw the Boomerang and it won't come back, just as long as at the start of the throw, the bottom of the Boomerang touches a platform.
Stages: ALL, that's right, this can be done on all Stages even Final Destination. But wait! It has no platforms! No platforms, no worries. Simply hang onto the ledge on the right side of the stage, hit away from the ledge to let go, double jump and throw the boomerang at the right time to make the Bottom of the Boomerang hit the top of the whole Stage itself!

The Wavebounce
How to Perform: Jump either Backwards or Forwards, Hit Forward B, instantly hit Backwards.
Effect (Jumping Forwards): Toon will Jump forwards, Reverse his momentum and face the other way and throw the boomerang.
Effect (Jumping Backwards): Toon will Jump Backwards, Reverse his momentum and face the other way and throw the boomerang.
Note: This can also be done with arrows (look in the arrows section for information on the Wavebounce). This is not the SMS! I don't know why people still get it mixed up. Read below carefully and then compare the two and you'll see the difference.

SMS (Special Momentum Shift)
How to Perform: Jump either Backwards or Forwards, Hit Backwards B, instantly hit Forwards.
Effect (Jumping Forwards): Toon will Jump Forwards, Reverse his momentum but not the way he is facing and throw the boomerang.
Effect (Jumping Backwards): Toon will Jump Backwards, Reverse his momentum but not the way he is facing and throw the boomerang.
Note: This can also be done with a tilted boomerang. To do this simply tilt the Backwards B then hit forwards as normal. This can also be done with arrows (look in the arrows section for information on SMS arrows). The SMS can also be used as a brake. To do this, once you get hit, try and pull out a Bair ASAP then Jump, SMS. This will completely stop your momentum.
Usefulness: 7/10

Running Wavebounce
How to Perform: Run in one direction, Hit Forward B then instantly Hit Backwards. (You should already be holding Forwards because you're running.)
Effect: Toon will run in one direction, Reverse his momentum, Turn around and Throw the Boomerang back in the direction he just came from.
Note: This move cannot be done Backwards; this is because we can't Run Backwards. Toon will not slide very far when doing the Running Wavebounce compared to the Wavebounce in the air. The timing is also more strict then the Wavebounce. Something to remember, if you use this move on a slippery surface like on the Summit or in the winter part of Pokemon Stadium 2, Toon will slide much further then he would have if he used this move in the air (this applies to all the Running Wavebounces).
Stages: All, but it works so much better on the Summit and Pokemon Stadium 2 (winter part).

Running SMS
How to Perform: In truth it's not really a 'Running' SMS, it's more of a 'Jogging' SMS. This is because instead of Running, you will need to Tilt Run or 'Jog' so to speak. This is because you can't throw the Boomerang Backwards straight out of a Run but you can throw it Backwards straight out of a Tilted Run. Right, Tilt Run in one direction, Hit Backwards B then instantly hit Forwards.
Effect: Toon will 'Jog' in one direction, Reverse his momentum and throw the boomerang in the same direction he was 'Jogging'.
Note: The same rules apply to the Running SMS that applied to the Running Wavebounce, that is, this move can't be used Backwards, you will not slide as far as you would have in the air and this works so much better on the Summit and Pokemon Stadium 2. I need to stress that the timing for this is bordering impossible. The SMS was hard enough but the Running SMS is insane. I can do it but I'm the discoverer of this move so that is to be expected, but pretty much, if you can't do the SMS, then just forget this.
Stages: All (same as the Running Wavebounce)

Boomerang Gliding
How to Perform: Run towards the edge then just as you're running off the ledge (right on the corner), throw the boomerang.
Effect: Toon will sort of glide off the ledge further than normal while throwing the boomerang.
Note: You don't have to do this off the edge, it can be done off any platform and you will get the same effect. Also get this; you will also glide off the edge in the same way if you catch the Boomerang at the right time (right on the corner) as your running off the Ledge.

Glide Wavebounce
How to Perform: Combine Boomerang Gliding and the Wavebounce. Run towards the edge then just as your running off the ledge (right on the corner), throw the Boomerang then instantly Hit Backwards.
Effect: Toon will Glide off the edge, quickly reverse his momentum and the way he's facing and go further than normal and throw the Boomerang.
Note: This is best done off a platform and not off the stage itself because if you do it off the stage itself, on most stages, you will just go straight into the wall. The timing is a bit tricky so make sure you don't mix this up with a normal run off the edge Wavebounce. To avoid this, I would practise Boomerang Gliding a few times before attempting this move.
Stages: All. Just remember that obviously on some stages like Final Destination, it's kinda pointless.

Zero Lag Catch
How to Perform: Toss out a Boomerang, then as it comes back, to cancel out the lag, simply do Anything But stand there, jump and do nothing, or run/walk. This means you can shoot, attack, dodge, shield, grab, anything you want even throw out another boomerang that you don't have (not recommended XD), just don't stand still, jump and do nothing or run/walk.
Effect: Toon won't stop what he's doing to put the boomerang away and won't get punished.
Note: This should be second nature for all Toon's as it is so simple to perform and so necessary. Something to remember, If you throw the boomerang out, it hit's your opponent and comes back before the start up lag of the throw is gone, this will cancel the lag as well.

The In-between Angles
Quick Summary: Ok, First imagine that the 8 primary directions you can move the Joystick are corners on an octagon (this shouldn't be hard because they are), now there are also 8 sides to this octagon that are in-between the corners. Right, normally when you think of throwing the Boomerang you think of throwing it straight Forward, Diagonally Up and Diagonally Down. These are all 'corners'. Now in-between these 'corners' are of course the 'sides'. I'm just going to take one of these sides (the one In-between Diagonally Up and Straight Forwards) and explain what to do next. On just one of these 'sides' there are two different directions you can throw the Boomerang. It all depends on which 'corner' you are closest too. With all that in mind, this is.....
How to Perform: Push the Joystick towards one of the 'sides' (for explanation purposes, we will use the 'side' in-between Diagonally Up and Straight Forwards). Then depending on which angle you want, without taking the Joystick off the 'side', move it slightly more towards one of the 'corners' of your choice, then Hit B.
Effect: Depending on which 'corner' you went closer too, the Boomerang will be thrown at a slight diagonal angle.
Note: Because these angles are very under used, that makes them very unpredictable. You really should learn how to do this on command because it gives you greater accuracy and it means that you'll have all angles covered.

Arrows

Quickdraw
How to Perform: Simply Hit B just as you’re about to land.
Effect: Toon will shoot an arrow with no start up lag.
Note: This technique is used a lot, so learn it. It can be used after most of Toon's SH aerials, after a SH Bomb Pull and after a SH Arrow, this is called a....

Short Hop Double Arrow (SHDA)
How to Perform: Simply SH, Hit B, quickdraw (all done quickly)
Effect: Toon will shoot two quick arrows in the one SH.
Note: You don't just have to do this in the one spot, you can jump backwards or forwards while doing this and it will be less punishable and better for spacing. This is a great tech and should be learnt by all Toon's.
Usefulness: 8/10

Full Hop Double Arrow (FHDA)
How to Perform: Full Hop through or onto a platform, Hit B, Quickdraw (all done quickly)
Effect: Toon will Full Hop, Shoot an Arrow, land on the platform and quickdraw.
Note: This is very similar to the SHDA and yet it can be more useful in some situations. Now picture Battle Field for a second, you can do the FHDA by standing underneath one of the side platforms or you can do it by jumping from one of the side platforms onto the middle platform. On some stages the FHDA can only be done the second way. What I really like about this move is that it's just as fast as the SHDA because you don't have to fall back down and it shoots the two arrows almost in the same spot, one after the other.
Stages: All except Final Destination, Bridge of Eldin, Mario Bros and Shadow Moses Island.
Credit: TLMSheikant

Full Hop Boomerang Quickdraw (FHBQ)
How to Perform: This works pretty much the same way that the Full Hop Double Arrow works. Full hop through or onto a platform, Hit Side-B, Quickdraw (all done quickly).
Effect: Toon will Full Hop, Throw the Boomerang, land on the platform and quickdraw.
Note: You should read the Note of the Full Hop Double Arrow to understand more fully how to do this move. The FHBQ is the fastest way to release another projectile after throwing the Boomerang. This move is special because you can't SH Boomerang Quickdraw, so this is the next best thing. Like all quickdraw techs, you can also Z-drop a Bomb instead of Quickdrawing.

Short Hop Double Arrow Drop (SHDAD)
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, SH, Z-drop the Bomb, Hit B, Quickdraw (all done quickly)
Effect: Toon will pull out a Bomb, SH and drop a Bomb below him on his way up, Shoot an Arrow then Quickdraw all in the same SH.
Note: This is basically a SHDA with an added explosion at the start. (The explosion will not harm you). If your opponent gets hit by the blast of the Bomb, it will combo into the first arrow (This should work on most characters anywhere in between 0% to 200%) and then you Quickdraw which can also combo. The SHDAD could also be useful if your opponent predicts a SHDA and runs under the first arrow to punish you, only to get hit by the Bomb then the arrow and then the quickdraw.
Credit: DemonicToonLink

SHFF Quickdraw
How to Perform: SH, Flick the joystick down at the peak of your Jump, make sure the joystick is back to neutral, Quickdraw.
Effect: Toon will SH, Fast Fall then quickdraw.
Note: You need to make sure that the Joystick has been returned to neutral before you Hit B, otherwise you will Bomb Pull instead. The SHFF Quickdraw can also be Reversed. To do this, simply Hit Backwards instantly after you quickdraw. The FF Quickdraw can also be done after doing a SH Bair or a SH Bomb Throw. One variation of this is called the RQS which you will learn about a little further down.
Credit: Pho

B-reversal
There are essentially two ways to perform this.
How to Perform 1: Jump Backwards or Forwards, Lightly tilt Backwards and Hit B.
How to Perform 2: Jump Backwards or Forwards, Tap Backwards (hit the joystick backwards then Instantly return it to neutral), then within half a second hit B.
Effect (for both) Jumping Forwards: Toon will Jump Forwards, Turn around to face the other way and shoot an arrow.
Effect Jumping Backwards: Toon will Jump Backwards, Turn around to face the other way and shoot an arrow.
Note: Jumping forwards is a decent way to shoot arrows back at your opponent while spacing. As for which method of performing to use, the first way has a chance of accidently throwing a Boomerang backwards if you tilt too much and shooting an arrow forwards if you don't tilt at all, but it's the fastest and best way. The second way has very little chance of stuffing up, but it takes too long. So I'd recommend practising/using the first way.

Wavebounced Arrows
How to Perform: Jump Backwards or Forwards, Hit B then instantly Hit Backwards.
Effect (Jumping Forwards): Toon will Jump Forwards, Reverse his momentum and face the other way and shoot an arrow.
Effect (Jumping Backwards): Toon will Jump Backwards, Reverse his momentum and face the other way and shoot an arrow.
Note: This usually isn't very good for spacing. There are however some circumstances where this is very useful.

SMS Arrows
How to Perform: Jump Backwards or Forwards, Slightly tilt Backwards B, instantly Hit Forwards.
Effect (Jumping Forwards): Toon will Jump Forwards, Reverse his momentum and stay facing the original direction and shoot an arrow.
Effect (Jumping Backwards): Toon will Jump Backwards, Reverse his momentum and stay facing the original direction and shoot an arrow.
Note: There is a slight difference between a SMS arrow and a tilted SMS. You would need to try them both to distinguish between the two.

Running Wavebounced Arrow
How to Perform: Run in one direction, Quickly start putting the Joystick to Neutral and Hit B then Instantly Hit Backwards.
Effect: Toon will Run in one direction, Reverse his momentum, turn around and Shoot an Arrow back in the direction he came from.
Note: For more information check out the Running Wavebounce earlier on in this thread. But pretty much the timing is harder than a Wavebounced Arrow, you won't slide as far as a Wavebounced Arrow in the air, you can't perform this Backwards and it works better on the Summit and Pokemon Stadium 2.
Stages: All but it works better on Summit and the winter part of Pokemon Stadium 2.

Running SMS Arrows
For more information about why you have to tilt run and general information, check out the Running SMS in the Boomerang section.
How to Perform: Tilt Run in one direction, Tilt Backwards B then instantly Hit Forwards.
Effect: Toon will 'Jog' in one direction, Reverse his momentum and Shoot an Arrow in the same direction he was 'Jogging'.
Note: As stated before all relevant information can be found in the Running SMS. But to sum it up, the timing is harder than the SMS Arrow, you won't slide as far as the SMS Arrow in the air, you can't perform this Backwards and it works better on the Summit and Pokemon Stadium 2.
Stages: All (same as the Running Wavebounced Arrow).

Retreating SHDA
This is not a SMS SHDA. This is a RAR, SH, Wavebounced Arrow, quickdraw. There is a difference. You can in fact do a SMS SHDA and the effect is the same.
How to Perform: Run in one direction (towards your opponent), pivot then instantly SH (RAR), hit B then instantly hit Backwards, Quickdraw.
Effect: Toon will run in one direction, jump backwards in the original direction, Reverse his momentum and the way he is facing and shoot, then quickdraw. Once done quickly it looks like Toon runs in one direction then instantly jumps backwards (retreats) and shoots two arrows in the one SH.
Note: This is a great spacing tool and is for most characters, unpunishable.
Credit: Corpsecreate

Reverse Quickdraw
How to Perform: Jump, Hit B just before you land and Instantly Hit Backwards
Effect: Toon will Jump then perform a quickdraw the opposite way he was facing originally.
Note: This can be done in any situation that you could normally quickdraw; it all depends on where your opponent is. For example you might want to do this move after hitting an opponent with Bair or the second hit of Nair. This could also come in handy when you're running away from your opponent and you do a SH Bomb Pull then you can Reverse Quickdraw to shoot an arrow back at them.

RQS (Reverse Quick Shot)
How to Perform: SH, Bair, Fast fall then Reverse Quickdraw
Effect: Toon will SH Bair then fast fall and quickdraw an arrow Backwards in the direction of the Bair
Note: The timing is strict. You need to do this quite quickly to make sure you don't Pull out a Bomb when you try to Fast Fall then Quickdraw. Not to mention that when you do fast fall quick draw, you still need to reverse it. But once you've got the hang of it, it's a solid move.
Credit: Jash

Battle Christ's Arrow Trick (BCAT)
How to Perform: Similar to a Reverse Quickdraw, only the timing is harder. What you want to do is wait as long as possible before you Quickdraw, then Instantly Hit Backwards. So SH, Do any move you wish that can be Quickdrawed (usually after an Arrow, so you get a SHDA), then when you're so close to the ground that if you waited a split second longer it would be a normal arrow, Hit B then Instantly Hit Backwards.
Effect: Toon will SH, (Shoot an arrow) then quickdraw, except Toon will turn around when he Quickdraws and the arrow will still go in the original direction.
Note: Very difficult to pull off. This is good because it means you can do a BCAT then go right into a chain of SH Bair's. You can also do the BCAT after many other things, including Fair, Nair and pretty much anything else that can be quickdrawed, simply replace the first arrow with a Fair or a Nair and the rest is the same. This is one of the weirder moves that Toon can do. Not only can he defy gravity and make the Boomerang not return but with this move he can shoot an arrow Backwards. This makes no sense scientifically speaking.....
Credit: Battle Christ

Reverse BCAT/The Jerk
How to Perform: Similar to the BCAT, only harder still. SH, Do any move you wish that can be Quickdrawed (most useful if used with a Bair), then when you're so close to the ground that if you waited a split second longer it would be a normal arrow, Lightly Tilt Backwards B, then Instantly Hit Forwards. (Look in the Note: for an easier way to pull this off consistently.)
Effect: Toon will SH, Bair, then Quickdraw except, while Toon will stay facing the same way, the arrow will go Backwards in the opposite direction Toon is facing.
Note: Ok, the above way to perform it, will work, but in a little place called reality, it won't work simply because it's too hard for us normal people. So, if you want to actually pull this off consistently, you'll need to perform it with some major buffering. Here's how. You're gonna buffer the B-reversal and the Quickdraw, then all you've got to do is Wavebounce it. I'll talk you through it. First of all, you need to pick what you'll be doing before the Jerk (in other words, what will you be buffering the Jerk out of). For this demonstration, I'll use a SH Bair then the Jerk, just keep in mind that it can be buffered out of anything that can be Quickdrawed. So what you want to do is SH, Bair then buffer the Quickdraw, but you want to time the Bair so that the Quickdraw only just comes out. Any later and the Quickdraw simply will not come out. You need to find the sweet spot. This is because the BCAT effect will not work unless the Quickdraw is at the last possible moment. So just keep doing a SH, wait a bit, Bair then barely buffer a Quickdraw until you get to the point that you're comfortable with the timing so that the Quickdraw only just comes out. Congatulations, that is the hardest bit. To make sure you've got the timing down, Instantly hit Backwards after the Quickdraw and it should do a BCAT every time. There's one last thing that needs to be buffered, the B-reversal. You may remember that the B-reversal can be done in two ways, you can slightly tilt the joystick Backwards and hit B or you can Hit the joystick Backwards, return it to neutral then within the next half a second, hit B. This second way is pretty much a buffered B-reversal. So now, start practising everything we have together so far. SH, wait a bit, Bair, Hit Backwards then quickly return the joystick to neutral during the Bair animation then buffer the Quickdraw. If it worked, you should have turned around and shot the arrow in the direction of the Bair at the last possible moment. This is it. The final step to consistent Jerks. As soon as you quickdraw, Instantly hit Forwards (the way you were originally facing when you SH'd). One last time just so you know for sure, you SH, wait a bit, Bair, Hit Backwards and instantly return the joystick to neutral, buffer the Quickdraw (which should come out at the last possible moment) then Instantly hit Forwards. This is the easiest way I have found so far to activate the power of the Jerk consistently. As I said, this works best with Bair as it means you can Bair, shoot them with a Quickdraw and go straight back into another Bair because you will stay facing the same way and shoot backwards, but it can be done with other things like SH Nair, the only difference is the timing for the buffered Quickdraw will be different and will have to be worked out. What I've noticed about the Jerk is that people seem to always get hit by it. It's like they can't avoid it. They see you Quickdraw the wrong way, so they drop their shield and get hit by the arrow. It's hilarious. This tech is still quite new, so not all uses for it are yet known, but I see this as quite promising.

Arrow Locking
How to Perform: There are a few ways to set this up, but essentially, the arrows have locking properties. One way is, when the opponent is at low percents, SH towards them and Nair them, Quickdraw. It's not guaranteed but this is the one we'll be focusing on. For future refference, you can also lock them if the opponent misses a tech and you shoot them with an arrow.
Effect: Toon will SH, hit them with Nair then hit them with quickdraw. If it worked, at this point the opponent is locked.
Note: "Locked?" I hear you ask. This is a state that you can get the opponent in by making them bounce on the ground and hitting them straight away with a move that has locking properties which makes them sort of flop on the ground. At this point, you can either hit them again straight away with any move including another locking move which re-locks them or you can charge an attack and hit them in their 'forced get up'. Oh I didn't mention that. Once you lock someone, they have no control over their character other than minimal DI. It will always automatically try to stand up on the spot. So how can Toon abuse this? The best way was found by Hyro. He found that some characters can be hit by multiple arrows without being able to escape and that Dash Attack also has locking properties. So, knowing all this, against fat characters like Bowser, you can SH Nair quickdraw, arrow, arrow, Dash attack, charge smash. Against lighter characters you can SH Nair quickdraw, dash attack charge smash. Keep in mind when charging smashes that you need to hit them just after the invincibility frames of them standing up and just before they can shield. If you do this, then all of the above is unavoidable.
Credit: Hyrulian Royalty (Hyro)

Sword Play

Spin Attack Fall (SAF)
How to Perform: Run towards the edge of any platform, quickly use the standing Up-B near the edge then quickly move the joystick back to the direction you were running.
Effect: Toon will slide off the platform doing his Up-B then he will actually fall down doing the Up-B.
Note: If you're having trouble pulling this move off, try Jump Cancelling the Up-B. To Jump Cancel it, simply Run towards the edge, Hit Jump, Instantly use Up-B and the rest is the same. This makes the SAF much easier to perform because a JC Up-B slides further. Make sure you do the Up-B before you fall off the platform or you will go up as usual. You can also control which direction you fall during the Spin Attack Fall. Something to remember; If you do this off the edge of the stage, you will need to quickly turn the joystick back towards the edge to grab on, or you will die....

Spin Attack Fall Cancel (SAFC)
How to Perform: Similar to the SAF, You run towards the edge of a platform, then instead of using Up-B to slide off, Charge Up-B and slide off.
Effect: Toon will drop off the platform as normal except a light will flash behind him.
Note: The SAFC is made easier if you do a JC Up-B. Read the Note of the SAF for further instructions on doing a JC Up-B. The SAFC actually gives you greater control over your momentum then if you had of just run off the platform/stage. You can then cancel this immediately with anything (aerials, B-moves, whatever). This move could be useful if you change your mind and you don't want to do the SAF or as a mindgame but more importantly to give you better control, then you can quickly follow up with anything you want depending on your situation.

Reverse SAF
How to Perform: Run towards the edge of any platform, Hit Backwards, Instantly Jump, Instantly use Up-B near the edge then quickly move the joystick back towards the original direction you were travelling.
Effect: Toon will run towards the edge of the platform, turn around and slide backwards doing his grounded Up-B, slide off the edge backwards then fall down doing his Up-B.
Note: This is pretty much the same thing as the SAF only it means you do it facing the opposite way. The Reverse SAF can only be done if you Jump Cancel the Up-B as compared to the SAF where the JC is optional. But other than that, the same rules apply. So this means that you need to make sure you use Up-B before you fall off the platform otherwise you will go up as usual. You can control which way you fall. If you do this off the edge of the stage you shouldn't need to worry about grabbing the ledge because you should do it automatically, but just to be safe, you may as well Hit back towards stage as soon as you fall off.

Reverse SAFC
How to Perform: It's the same as the Reverse SAF only you Charge Up-B. So you Run towards the edge of any platform, Hit Backwards, Instantly Jump, Instantly Charge Up-B near the edge then quickly move the joystick back towards the original direction you were travelling.
Effect: Toon will run towards the edge of the platform then he will slide off the platform Backwards and a light will flash.
Note: This is kinda like a RAR only you don't Jump. Instead you change the way you're facing and slide off the platform. The same rules apply to the Reverse SAFC as they did for the SAFC. So this means that you have greater control over your momentum and you can cancel the Reverse SAFC with aerials, B-moves or whatever. The only difference between the two moves is with the SAFC you slide off the platform normally and with the Reverse SAFC you slide off the platform Backwards. I can see this being very useful for Toon's platform game. So you can Run and slide off the platforms Backwards and approach using Bairs or something.

Fake SAFC
How to Perform: If you know how to do the SAFC then this should be easy as they are performed almost exactly the same way, except for the last bit. Run towards the edge of a platform, charge Up-B at the very edge then instantly hit Backwards.
Effect: Toon will look like he's doing a SAFC, the light will flash, but Toon will run back on to the platform without falling off.
Note: Possible uses? Well, by doing this, it means that you can instantly start running the opposite way without pivoting. So this could be used to surprise you're opponent. What I think happens is you do actually slide off, the light flashes, but because you hit backwards so quickly you are able to run back on to the platform without falling off, so it's a Fake Cancel.

Ledge Grab Cancel
How to Perform: When you're Recovering, Use Up-B towards the ledge, Hold Down.
Effect: Instead of snapping to the ledge, Toon will continue to rise past the ledge.
Note: Let me first explain something about our aerial Up-B. The first half of the Up-B animation will not automatically grab the ledge, the second half will. Now, we all know how huge Toon's recovery is, but most other people don't realise. This is useful if someone is standing near the edge expecting you to snap to the ledge, but instead you go past it and smack them in the face with the last hit of Up-B. Once you have gone past the ledge you can let go of down. If you're still holding down when you fall back down to grab the ledge, Toon won't grab the ledge. In short, you will die.

Up-B Wavebounce
Instead of writing four different AT's, I've decided to combine them into two. The Up-B Wavebounce and the Up-B SMS. They can be done in the air and while running so I'll just have two "How to Perform"s and two 'Effect's in each AT.
How to Perform in the Air: Jump either Forwards or Backwards, Hit Up-B then instantly Hit Backwards.
Effect in the Air: Toon will Jump, slightly Reverse his momentum, turn around, use his Up-B and rise upwards.
How to Perform while Running: Run in one direction, Hit Up-B then instantly Hit Backwards.
Effect while Running: Toon will Run in one direction, Reverse his momentum, turn around, use his grounded Up-B and slide a little.
Note: The aerial Up-B Wavebounce could be useful if you're facing the wrong way depending on where your opponent is. The Running Up-B Wavebounce will slide much further if used on a slippery stage like Summit or the winter part of Pokemon Stadium 2.

Up-B SMS
How to Perform in the Air: Jump either Forwards or Backwards, Hit Diagonally Up Backwards B then instantly Hit Forwards.
Effect in the Air: Toon will Jump, slightly Reverse his momentum then use his aerial Up-B facing the same direction he started in.
How to Perform while Running: Tilt Run in any Direction, Hit Diagonally Up Backwards B then instantly Hit Forwards.
Effect while Running: Toon will Run in one direction, Reverse his momentum, use his grounded Up-B and slide a little.
Note: The aerial Up-B could help if you need to change your direction without changing the direction you were facing. The Running Up-B will slide further much further if used on a slippery stage like Summit or the winter part of Pokemon Stadium 2.

D-smash Gimp
There are two ways to do this, that means two "How to Perform"s
How to Perform 1: Stand near the edge facing towards the middle of the stage, Use D-smash on your opponent when they are under around 20% (The percent will depend on the opponent).
Effect: The first hit of the D-smash will hit your opponent towards your second hit as usual, but the second hit won't hit them up. They will be sent out off stage at a low angle where you can spike them or edgeguard or whatever for a very early kill.
Note: This works best on heavier characters with bad recoveries, take your pick.

How to Perform 2: Stand near the edge on a slanted platform (slope, gradient, whatever) facing towards the steeper side (the middle of the stage) and use D-smash on your opponent.
Effect: They will die........Ok more detail, Similar to the one before only they can be on any percent and if you do it on the left side of Yoshi's Island (Melee) you won't even have to follow up or edgeguard. In short, they will die.
Note: This can be done on any steep slope but the closer you are towards the edge, the better.
Stages: It will work on all of these Stages, that doesn't mean it will work as good as Yoshi's Island Melee.
Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Pirate Ship, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, New Pork City, Sky World, Hanenbow, PictoChat, Temple, Yoshi's Island Melee, Onett, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Big Blue, Brinstar and Pokemon Stadium

Bomb Cancelled D-smash 1 Hit KO/Gimp
How to Perform 1: Pull out a Bomb, SH, Invincibomb just as you start falling down then almost Instantly (the split second you touch the ground) Hit your opponent with C-stick Down (D-smash).
Effect: Toon will pull out a bomb, SH, Invincibomb then hit the opponent with the First hit of D-smash and have the second hit of D-smash interrupted by the explosion of the bomb.
How to Perform 2: Full hop, Bomb Pull, Instantly Fast fall (as soon as you can at the peak of your jump), make sure you put the Joystick back to neutral, Instantly Invincibomb then Instantly Hit the opponent with C-stick Down.
Effect: Similar to the last one. Toon will Full hop Bomb pull on the way up, fast fall an Invincibomb then hit the opponent with the First hit of D-smash and have the second hit of D-smash interrupted by the explosion of the bomb.
How to Perform Note: Please note that there are literally TONES of different ways to perform this. So this means, that if you are on the receiving end of this attack, chances are, you won't see it coming before it's too late. The two I have listed are simply the easiest ways to perform it because this thread is for Toon Link Mains who want to learn. There are many other slightly harder variations that are less punishable. Eventually, I'll get around to listing the more realistic/less situational variations.
Note: This move is the greatest thing to be found since the Invincibomb. What happens is, the first hit of D-smash hits the opponent as I have said, and the second hit of D-smash is interrupted by the explosion so the opponent is not hit with it. This means that the opponent gets hit at a low angle horizontally, further than the D-smash Gimp. Just think of this move as the D-smash Gimp on steroids. So what's the big deal? I'm glad you asked. On any stage, at any percent, one third of the cast will not be able to recover from this move if used near the edge. That's right! It's a 1 Hit KO. Furthermore, another third of the cast can be easily gimped at any percent on any stage. But there's more. In certain stage situations, the entire cast will not be able to recover. This includes near walk off sections of stages, near water and many other things. The first hit of D-smash has a set knockback, which means that no matter the character or their percent, it will always hit them the same distance. It also has a lot of hitstun. So once you've hit them with it and their off stage, it's simply a matter of edgeguarding/edgehogging and you've got yourself a kill. (And they say that Toon Link has trouble killing XD.) There is much more to say about this, but I can't use up too much room. So for more information, check out this Thread, or check out the vid in the vid section. (Vid is also in the thread.)
Credit: McDingus

D-smash Stage Gimp
How to Perform: Stand at the very edge of the stage, use D-smash on a recovering opponent, but, you have to hit the top of them with the Back half of your first swing.
Effect: Toon will hit them with the first hit of D-smash and the opponent will be hit under the stage.
Note: The chances of you pulling this off are quite slim for a few reasons. You need to hit them with the Back half of your sword, you need to hit your opponents head, they can't grab the ledge just before you hit them and it won't work on some characters. If you do manage to pull it off, depending on the stage, it will mean that your opponent will be sent under the stage and for most characters it is impossible to recover once sent there. If you use the D-smash Stage Gimp on the left side of the Pirate Ship stage, your opponent will get spiked by the ship and die (this same tactic can be used on the left side of Corneria, only sometimes the Big Ship doesn't shoot).
Stages: Battle Field, Final Destination, Pirate Ship, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Lylate Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, Smashville, New Pork City, Skyworld, Temple, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Green Greens (sort of) and Pokemon Stadium.

Hyphen Smash
How to Perform: Simply Dash (run), hit Backwards, quickly hit Jump, then instantly hit the C-stick Up.
Effect: Toon will Run then do a reverse Sliding Up-smash.
Note: This is a decent way to kill. Usually used to cross-up your opponent, that is, you quickly dash past them and hit them on their opposite side. So if they predict you coming in for a kill with U-smash, maybe they spotdodge, in which case you would hit them out of it. Or maybe they shield, so you run past looking for a roll, but they don't roll, so you hit them on the back side of their shield in case they jump out of it (into an attempted aerial?) which is safe from shield grabs. In any case, it's actually a decent mix up to throw in there with things like crossing up and shielding.

Dash Attack Cancelled Up-Smash (DACUS)
How to Perform: Run in one Direction, Use your Dash Attack then instantly Use Up-smash. Depending on your controls there are a few ways to do this. You can run, C-stick down, Up-smash or you can run, dash attack, C-stick Up. It all depends on what you prefer; I personally use C-stick Down, Up-smash.
Effect: Toon will Run then slide and Up-smash, similar to a normal running Up-smash.
Note: This is only really useful in certain situations like if you are doing a Bomb Up-smash. Normally though if you want to slide and Up-smash your opponent, it's best and easiest to stick with a normal running Up-smash simply because they slide basically the same distance with Toon.

Nair Double Hit
How to Perform: Simply use Nair when you’re really close to your opponent or use it as your jumping towards/through your opponent.
Effect: The first hit of the Nair will hit on the other side of your opponent and will hit them into the second hit behind you (Just think D-smash).
Note: This is a great way to rack up damage; it does around 20% depending on how fresh it is.

Jab Cancel
How to Perform: Hit A once or twice, Hit Down, Follow up with any attack.
Effect: Toon will cancel his jabs allowing him to use any other move slightly quicker than normal.
Note: As I said, this can be followed up by any move, even a grab. This is especially useful if you follow up with a grab because if you don't cancel the jabs and you try to grab, you will use a jab instead. Also your opponent would be expecting the third jab and should block.

The Pivot Slide
How to Perform: This is the root move of the Sliding Throw. Run in one direction, Pivot, let go of the joystick and hit A just as you start moving in the opposite direction.
Effect: Toon will Run, Pivot then come out of the pivot doing his jab attack while sliding.
Note: This can be done with all moves, not just the Jab (so you can do a sliding grab, tilt, smash or whatever). You can also slide Backwards and perform any move, to do this simply tilt hit backwards just after the pivot (so you turn around) then perform any move as usual. Doing this will result in you performing your move whilst sliding Backwards. Not really a very useful move because of the setup time but should be learnt to understand the timing of the Sliding Throw.

Fast Falled Pogo
How to Perform: Use a Dair and hit something/someone, this will make you bounce off it/them or 'Pogo'. When you’re in this Pogo animation you can Fast fall it by Hitting Down.
Effect: Toon will Bounce off his opponent then fast fall the Pogo, this means that if he hits them again, he won't Pogo the second time. The opponent will still get hit, but Toon will continue to fall.
Note: It's best if you don't fast fall the Pogo near the ground because you will get the normal lag from a Dair as if you missed your opponent in the first place. If used higher up it makes the second hit of Dair less punishable. Get this; by using the fast falled pogo, you can land laglessly. To do this, depending on how high up you are when you hit them with the first hit of Dair, you fast fall the pogo, go straight through them without bouncing off them and when you land (if fast falled at the right time depending on how high up you were when you fast falled) you will land laglessly. This means that you can hit them twice with dair and on low percents instantly use U-tilt or on higher percents instantly jump and follow up with an aerial. Try it out and you'll soon learn what heights you can fast fall to land laglessly. Good stuff.

Dair Stall
How to Perform: Get hit by your opponent or your own bomb, Jump and Dair at the same time, just as your about to fall back down.
Effect: Toon will get hit upwards, Jump then use Dair and float in place. He won't move until the Dair stops working.
Note: The timing is strict, too early and you slowly fall the Dair, too late and you'll Dair as usual. If you’re using bombs to hurt yourself then the percent you have to be on for this move to work is exactly the same as The Safe Spike. Something to remember, If you Jump to the left or right when you hit Jump and Dair together, you will float sideways in the direction of the Jump.

Dair Recovery Stall
How to Perform: Similar to the Dair Stall, Get hit off stage by your opponent, C-stick a Bair as soon as you can, hold the joystick towards stage (for the duration of this tech), then as soon as you can, Double Jump and instantly Dair (pretty much at the same time). Works best if you can hold the joystick towards stage and C-stick the Dair.
Effect: Toon will use Bair, Jump up in a Dair animation and then float back towards stage at the peak of his jump until the Dair stops working (approximately 1 to 2 seconds).
Note: This will only work on medium to high percents (because of the momentum needed for it to work) which shouldn't be a problem because you shouldn't be getting hit off stage at low percents. Other rules apply like you need to make sure you have enough momentum and you obviously need to be sure you have a double jump (you need to make a decision whether or not to commit to the recovery stall while you're in the Bair animation) read the Dair Stall for more info. Now something to keep in mind; by doing this, you will recover much higher than normal, which is good, but it will also take away your double jump which will limit your options (so will momentum cancelling, so if you're using this instead of momentum cancelling, then you're pretty much in the same situation anyway). If the opponent doesn't chase you off stage, for example if you are way too high up for them to reach you, then pulling out a Bomb will help you get back down safely. However, do not pull a bomb if there is any risk of you being hit in the bomb pull animation, I cannot stress this enough.

Sliding Dair
How to Perform: Simply Jump, and use a Dair directly over a slanted platform.
Effect: Toon will use Dair, land on the slanted surface and slide a long way (the steeper the surface, the further he slides)
Note: This is an awesome excuse to abuse your Dair as it makes it less punishable if you miss. Often I find myself trying it and I get irritated that somebody got in the way on the way down....So yeah it's also lots of fun.
Stages: This works on all the levels that have a slope but I'm only going to list the good Stages.
Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit, Pirate Ship, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Distant Planet, New Pork City, Summit, Green Hill Zone, Temple, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Corneria, Rainbow Ride and Brinstar.

Dair Water Stall
How to Perform: Go on to any stage with water (listed in stages), Jump into the water, Jump out of the water and instantly Use Dair.
Effect: Toon will Jump in the water, Jump up then instantly 'dive' really far down in the water. He will swim back up to the surface after a few moments completely unscathed.
Note: This move is broken on Pirate Ship. I'll explain how. Jump in the water on the right side of the Pirate Ship (you could just walk off, but jumping looks cooler). Swim left over to the base of the ship, Dive under as previously shown how, swim under water a little bit left so that you're directly under the rudder of the ship then put the control stick to neutral and don't touch anything (the rudder is the lighter coloured brown triangle shaped thing) just be careful not to swim past the rudder and further towards the base of the ship or you'll get spiked. What will happen is, Toon will start swimming back up to the surface, but the rudder will get in the way so Toon will be in his swimming up state under water where you can't get touched, for as long as you want. So pretty much, it's the ultimate stalling tech. What you want to look out for though is when the huricane comes along and when the weather is bad. When this happens, you'll need to swim to the right and pop back up to the surface again or you'll die. The hurricane, obviously will leave you behind, and the bad weather rocks the ship so the base of the ship will come to you and spike you. But that's not the only reason why this move is broken on this level. When the stage changes to that part where the ship hits the rock, go over to the rock, jump off the left side of it into the water and dive under the rock. What will happen is, the rock is actually hollow. So you will surface and be inside the rock. From there you can jump out of the water and attack people standing on the rock without them being able to touch you. Pretty cool stuff. On other stages though, this move is just an interesting way of making yourself untouchable for a few moments. Happy diving!
Stages: Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Summit (although I wouldn't suggest it) and Jungle Japes.

Dair Shockwave
How to Perform: For explanational purposes, I will use the stage Battlefield. Stand on either the left or right platform and make sure that your opponent (or friend in teams) is under the platform that you're standing on. Then Jump and Dair directly over them.
Effect: Toon will Jump, Dair and land on the platform and your opponent (or friend) will receive 5% damage and will be pushed to the left or right depending on which side of them you landed closest to.
Note: Now there are a few things that make this Hitbox of Dair so special that it needed to be posted in this thread. First of all, when your opponent gets hit by it, they receive no hitstun. This means that whatever move they were using or were about to use is completely unaffected. Also, unlike the normal Dair push, the Dair Shockwave's effect actually increases with your opponent's percentage. This means that although at first it appears to do nothing much, if you get your opponents percent to anything higher then say 50%, you will notice a considerable difference. So possible uses? Well, when versing an opponent, it is possible to hit your opponent with this move when they are performing they're Up-B and they will be pushed off the stage and be left helpless and die. But where this move could really shine is in teams. You see, because it doesn't give them any hitstun, you can use this move to send your friends sliding across stage performing moves in a way that would normally be impossible. Or you could use the push to help your friends use aerial attacks with better aerial speed then Wario. Other then the obvious there are also some really strange things that you can do with this move. For example, if you hit an opponent or friend with the shockwave effect when some characters like Fox or Mario are using their Up-B, they will go 2-3 times higher than normal depending on their percent. Or if you Hit another Toon with it in midair, he will be able to do a Safe Spike at any percent. But yeah, there is far too much for me to write everything about this move, so you'll just have to try it out yourself.
Stages: The stages are very character specific because it's a small hitbox. So I'll simply order the stages in four groups, Large (Snake), Medium (Fox) Toon (Toon Link XD) and Small (Pikachu). Note that these only represent the characters that can get hit by just standing under the platform so the smaller characters could simply SH to get hit on stages like Battlefield.
Large Characters: Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Pirate Ship, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Halberd, Lylate Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, Distant Planet, Smashville, New Pork City, Summit, Flat Zone 2, PictoChat, Shadow Moses Island, Jungle Japes, Onett, Rainbow Ride, Green Greens, Brinstar and Pokemon Stadium.
Medium Characters: Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Halberd, Lylate Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, WarioWare Inc, Distant Planet, New Pork City, Summit, Flat Zone 2, PictoChat, Onett, Rainbow Ride, Green Greens and Pokemon Stadium.
Toon: Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Rumble Falls, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Halberd, Lylate Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Distant Planet, Summit, Flat Zone 2, PictoChat, Onett, Rainbow Ride and Pokemon Stadium.
Small Characters: Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Rumble Falls, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, PictoChat, Onett, Rainbow Ride and Pokemon Stadium.

Uair Stall through the Edge of the Stage
How to Perform: Jump off and grab the Ledge, Hit away from the Ledge, Use Double Jump towards under the Ledge, Instantly Use Uair then Use Up-B to grab the Ledge again.
Effect: Toon will move away from the ledge, Jump under it and stick his sword up through the platform so it reaches the other side and stay there for a second then fall back down and Up-B to the ledge again.
Note: This move allows you to attack from under the stage near the edge. You can move left or right when you're 'stalled' under the stage. You're of course not really stalled; it's just the momentum of the Double Jump that keeps you up while you're using Uair.
Stages: Lylat Cruise, Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, New Pork City, Sky World, Temple, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Big Blue and Pokemon Stadium.

Quick Dash Attack
How to Perform: Initiate a Dash in one direction then instantly Hit the C-stick Down.
Effect: Toon will instantly use his Dash attack.
Note: This can be used to use your Dash Attack when standing right on the edge; this is un-recommended though because if you Hit the C-stick Down a little late, you will die.

General

RAR (Reverse Aerial Rush)
How to Perform: Simply Run in one direction, Pivot then almost instantly Jump (Usually a SH).
Effect: Toon will Run in one direction then Jump Backwards in the original direction.
Note: This is one of those Techniques that you have to learn. Amongst other things, it can be used to approach using two Bair's in the one SH.

Fox Trotting
How to Perform: Simply initiate a dash in one direction, then another and so on.
Effect: Toon will travel across the stage in short bursts.
Note: This is useful for doing things like Stutter Stepping. Basically the same thing except at the end of one of the dashes you quickly hit backwards then Attack in the original direction.

Pivot Walking
Who needs to Moon walk when you can Pivot Walk.
How to Perform: Hold A, Walk in one direction, Press the C-stick in a 45 degree Up and Backwards angle, continue pressing the C-stick in the same way at the right time.
Effect: Toon will move in one direction but he will be spinning.
Note: If you press the C-stick too far upwards Toon will dash, if you press it too far Backwards he will charge a F-smash in the opposite direction. The Pivot Walk can be used to move faster than a normal walk and can be finished with any move. The Pivot Walk can also be done manually with the Joystick, simply move the Joystick Forward and Diagonally Up/Backwards at the right time.
Credit for finding the follow up part: OniTheWolf

Pivot Landing
How to Perform: Jump Forwards, Use any aerial if you wish then as soon as you land, Lightly tilt Backwards then Instantly Hit Forwards (Pivot Walk).
Effect: Toon will land and Instantly Pivot walk. He will continue going in the same direction he started jumping in, but he will spin once.
Note: This can be very useful for a few things. For example, you can do a SH Zair, Pivot Land, then Combo out of the Zair with some SH Bairs. I can see great potential for large combos by using this technique.
Credit: demonictoonlink

Pivot Grab
How to Perform: Run in one direction then hit backwards and Grab at the same time.
Effect: Toon will Run, then turn around, Grab and Slide Backwards at the same time.
Note: This is more of a flashy move to pull off. It looks cool if you do a Pivot Grab into a Back throw really quickly.

Retreating Pivot Grab
How to Perform: Hit Forwards, Instantly Hit Backwards then Hit Forwards and Grab at the same time. (All done quickly)
Effect: Toon will slide Backwards while grabbing Forwards.
Note: This takes a lot of practise to be able to perform, so I wouldn't be using it in a real match unless you are confident that you can pull it off, because if you do it incorrectly you can easily miss the grab and be punished. It doesn't seem to be as useful for Toon as it is for other characters, but it's still a pretty solid move.
Credit: BengalsRZ

Shield Cancelled Sliding Grab
How to Perform: Run, hit shield while running then Instantly hit A (or grab) while shielding.
Effect: Toon will run, shield and slide a bit, then grab.
Note: This should be used every single time you want to do a normal Dash Grab because if you do a Shield Cancelled Sliding Grab, it means that you have less cool down lag if you miss. So from now on, no more Dash Grab. This can be used as an approach if you're expecting your opponent to try to hit you. You can either run, shield and hit A straight away to do a sliding grab or you can run, shield and slide then hit A when you want to grab. The whole point of this move though, is to make a missed grab less punishable then a normal missed Dash Grab.

Faux Super Slide
How to Perform: You need to interrupt your F-throw with an explosion just as Toon moves forward. So one way of performing this is to Pull out a Bomb, throw the Bomb up, Grab an opponent and then F-throw your opponent at the correct time.
Effect: Toon's F-throw will be interrupted, the opponent will receive damage, stun and knockback while Toon will receive damage, less stun and slide a decent way forwards.
Note: Ok so what happens is, Toon receives Faux super armour which, in brief, is something that was programmed into the game to decide what happens when a grab is broken by an explosive. The deciding factor is port priority. So in order for this to work, you need to have the correct port or it won't work. So let's say that the opponent is Player 1, well this means that you can be Player 2, 3 or 4 and it will work, but if the opponent is Player 2, you can only be Player 3 or 4, so if you choose Player 4, it will work every time. Now, Toon receives Faux super armour and a slide that came from the F-throw's initial movement forward. Now normally, with Faux super armour, you will actually have an advantage and be able to combo your opponent out of the blast that they got stun from and you didn't. This is also true with the Faux super slide only in some cases, it's way better. You see, if the opponent gets hit forwards in the direction of your slide (which they generally do) you will actually be closer to them and thus in a better position to combo them out of it. Unfortunately, if you're planning on trying this in a real match, well good luck because the timing for using our own bombs to get this to work is almost impossible. Lucky for you I found an easier way that works every time, unfortunately though it only works against one opponent, Snake. So what you want to do is when Snake shield drops a nade (or he's simply standing near a nade on the ground), grab him and make the hitbox of the F-throw hit the nade on the ground. If you do this, it will work every time. There's a bit more interesting stuff to the slide then that, but I've already written so much, so check out the video called Forward Throw Bomb Slide in the vid section and you'll be able to see what it looks like.
Credit: .sibe

Reverse Hookshot
How to Perform: Run towards your opponent, RAR (SH or Full hop), Instantly Airdodge then use Zair to cancel the airdodge when you're on the other side of your opponent.
Effect: Toon will Run, SH/Full hop and Airdodge Backwards through his opponent then Zair on their other side.
Note: This is a good approach and a good use of the RAR. By doing this it also means that you're Zairing your opponent's back, which is a good way to avoid being shield grabbed. Something you should try is mixing in an Invincibomb. Simply Run, RAR, then instead of just airdodge use the Invincibomb then you can use Zair. Try following this up with even more attacks like a SH Nair for one heck of a combo.

Reverse Tether
How to Perform: Face away from the edge, hold down, when you come within what would normally be 'auto snap' range (where you would normally grab the edge i.e. the corner of the stage, but you won't atm because you're holding down), let go of down and Instantly hit Z (make sure down is completely off and that you are right up against the corner of the stage).
Effect: Toon will turn around in mid air and tether back in the direction of the edge.
Note: You can do this as a way of edgehogging. Instead of running off the edge and doing a fast semi circle on the control stick to speed hug, you can run off the edge, do a very fast semi circle on the control stick and hit Z Instantly after. So it's basically a speed hug with a Tether thrown in at the end. This can be helpful if you want your tether to speed hug the edge for various situations. Just remember while performing this that you need to be quite close to the corner of the stage in order for it to work and you need to of taken it away from down before you Tether otherwise you'll Zair off stage and things could get messy. Just practise a bit before you try it in a real match.

Ledge Re-Grab
How to Perform: Grab onto a ledge, Hit Backwards then Z twice really quickly.
Effect: Toon will regain his Invincibility frames really quickly. He will let go of the edge, Zair then snap to the ledge.
Note: One of Toon's better ways to edgeguard, just make sure you don't use it any more than three times without standing on solid ground. If you try to Tether the edge a fourth time, the tether won't grab the edge.

Tether Save
How to Perform: Get hit by your opponent with a horizontal attack, DI Down, Zair.
Effect: Toon will get flung horizontally then Tether grab the ledge. The Tether grab will cancel all horizontal momentum and possibly even save you a stock.
Note: If you pull this off, you're quite lucky. The DI down part just means that you are closer to the ledge when you Zair, meaning it makes it more likely that the Zair will grab the ledge.

Tether Cancel
How to Perform: Simply Zair near the ledge as if you were going to do a Tether recovery, then quickly hit Down.
Effect: Toon will send out the chain to grab the ledge, but just before it grabs the ledge he will pull it back.
Note: This is good for making your opponent think you're going to Tether Hog then you can double jump out and hit them.

Ledge Wall Jump
I'm assuming you all know how to Wall Jump...
How to Perform: Jump off the edge and grab on to the Ledge. Hit away from the ledge, Double Jump towards the ledge, Wall Jump just below the ledge where you would normally snap on, (Instantly DI back on stage, optional).
Effect: Toon will move away from the ledge, jump back towards it then wall jump off the lip of the stage.
Note: This can be used as a surprise edge guard and if you DI back on stage it can be used as a way of getting back on stage with two Bair's. There is now a better way to perform this and it is written below.

Instant Wall Jump
This is basically a better version of the Ledge Wall Jump.
How to Perform: Hang on to the Ledge, Hit down, Instantly roll the joystick from down to towards the stage, as you're rolling the joystick Hit Jump, then Instantly Hit away from the stage. (So yeah, it's all done relatively quickly.)
Effect: Toon will drop down from the ledge, quickly double jump then Instantly Wall Jump off the lip of the stage.
Note: This is a much faster and more effective way to perform the Ledge Wall Jump. The Instant Wall Jump is less telegraphed and means that we can perform things like Instant Bairs from the edge in the same time it takes to do things like drop down, Instantly double jump, Instantly Nair/Fair. Some cool follow ups I've found for Toon are, Two Bairs back on to stage or re-grab the ledge, Bomb Pull, Bomb Throw, re-grab ledge and Bomb Throw, Boomerang, re-grab ledge. I'm not going to list everything, there are tones of things you can do. Try mixing in some Wavebounces, I got some cool follow ups happening with them. But to sum it up, this is another great addition to Toon's Ledge game. It's great to mix things up, so every little bit helps.
Credit: AlphaZealot

Fall Through Zair
How to Perform: Be above a platform in the air, on your way down hold Down and use Zair.
Effect: Toon will use his Zair and as it is coming out, he will pass through the platform without the Zair being interrupted or cancelled.
Note: Best used while fast falling as you will still want to cancel that lag asap. Can be used as a surprise attack (for example, you could use a well spaced Fall Through Zair on the middle top platform of BF to poke someone on the side platforms on your way down), but more importantly it is sometimes the only way to have a Zair out at full range if you want to fast fall and there's a platform in the way (e.g. through one of the side platforms of BF).
Stages: Every Stage except Final Destination, Mushroomy Kingdom, Bridge of Eldin, Mario Bros, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island Melee and Corneria.

Demonic Zair
How to Perform: Grab the Ledge, Hit away from the ledge, Instantly DI back towards the ledge, Double Jump towards under the lip and use Zair.
Effect: Toon will move away from the ledge, Jump right up against the lower lip part and use Zair, then return to the Stage using Zair without the Zair turning into a tether and grabbing the ledge.
Note: This is a good surprise attack and a very safe way to return on stage because of the spacing and cancelled lag. You can also follow up this move with other attacks so it can be a combo starter. It also obviously has more range then a Nair return, so if your opponent is expecting a Nair and takes an extra step back, the Demonic Zair will do the job nicely.
Stages: Battle Field, Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Norfair, Halberd, Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, Distant Planet, Smashville, New Pork City, Hanenbow, Temple, Jungle Japes, Corneria and Brinstar.

Infinite Banana Lock
A quick note on footstooling. You can do SH and FH footstools which differ greatly in height so when I say SH footstool without a comma in-between them, I mean a small footstool.
How to Perform: (presumably against Diddy), grab a banana any way you can, stand right next to Diddy, SH, Instantly SH footstool, Instantly throw the banana down at him, Z-catch the banana and at the same time, fast fall backwards towards Diddy, SH footstool him again without touching the ground, instantly throw the banana down at him, airdodge catch the nana and DI towards Diddy, land near him and repeat with the SH, SH footstool, down throw. Rinse, repeat, then when Diddy is high enough in percents for your liking, dispose of him in any way you will, then taunt.
Effect: Toon will lock diddy in an infinite as described above. Make sure you taunt if you pull this off otherwise it's not a true combo.
Note: Extremely hard to get the hang of and only really useful for one matchup. Still, if you've been having trouble with a Diddy and you have tones of spare time, then this is the tech for you. Probably the hardest part is getting that second footstool in mid air cause you have to fast fall it while Z-catching the nana. I spose it just takes practise.

Advanced Technique Videos!!!

The Bomb Cancelled D-smash 1 Hit KO/Gimp
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dI_GS3u0gE
Summary: This video extensively shows the Bomb Cancelled D-smash 1 Hit KO/Gimp in great detail. It goes through each and every character and shows it being used on them then shows the characters getting owned (except for the ones that can recover). It also shows possible set ups, different ways to use it and different places to use it.
Note: This will be updated in the near future. An absolute must see for all who play Toon Link and anyone else who wants to know how they will die in the near future and how they might be able to avoid it (pretty much what you should be looking out for). Please keep in mind, this is still new and as such is still being worked on. No ignorant flaming or I'll FlameDash you XD.
Credit: LegendaryPikachu

Toon Link Single Naner Lock
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDB_FVlS0EM&feature=youtu.be
Summary: This video displays the infinite banana lock in the general section. It should help tremendously if you're having a hard time visualising how the tech is supposed to work based off my description.
Note: Just note that in the vid he uses a z-catch both times instead of airdodging into the ground for the second catch. Both methods work the same and it will be up to personal preference as to which is easier to perform.
Credit: Zinoto

New Toon Link Tricks
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsCjgPBYB0&feature=channel_page
Summary: This video demonstrates some of the awesome AT's listed in this thread. It includes The SHDB, The Spin Attack Fall, The Spin Attack Fall Cancel, The Ledge Re-Grab, The SHDA, The QuickDraw, The Full Hop Double Arrow (FHDA), Z-dropping, C4, The Demonic Zair and Slope Bombing.
Note: This video is mainly about the SHDB and demonstrates very well some of the possibilities and follow ups that can be performed.

Toon Link Pivot Landing
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LW7p9_sqOI
Summary: This is a great in depth video that shows you how to do the Pivot Land. It starts out showing you the basics of Pivot Landing and then goes on to more advanced uses.
Note: This is probably the best way to get a good idea of what you can do with Pivot Landing. I briefly mentioned the Zair to Bair in the AT's list, but there is far to much to write about. So I would recomend watching this if you're thinking of implementing this into your game.

Toon Link's Neglected Projectiles, Pivoty-Thingy and Retreating Pivot Grab
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_IHmTqq1_g
Summary: This vid shows some of the projectile Mix ups in the mix up section, another way to Perform the SHDB using platforms, a good use of the Instant Bomb Throw, Some SMS stuff, a really cool use of the Invincicatch, a reverse sliding D-smash and the Retreating Pivot Grab.
Note: If you couldn't make out how he performed the reverse sliding D-smash then I'll quickly explain. You do a Sliding Jab, only instead of a Jab you use a D-smash and to reverse it, you simply tilt Backwards just before you Hit D-smash. So it's Run, Pivot, Tilt Backwards and Hit D-smash just as your coming out of the Pivot. I would also like to mention that this is the only video so far that has Toon doing the Retreating Pivot Grab, so this is the place to go if you wanna see it.

Some Toon Link Zair Stuff and FIOD's Reverse Up-B stuff
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQCzAxTcA3g
Summary: First off in the video, DTL shows an amazing use of the Zair using platforms. I wasn't sure how to add it in the list of AT's and Tricks, so this is the only place you'll see it unfortunately. Then he goes on to show you the Reverse SAF and the Reverse SAFC.
Note: The very first time he shows the Reverse SAF and Reverse SAFC, it's just a normal SAFC, presumably to show the difference between the two. This is the first time that my techs the Reverse SAF and Reverse SAFC have been on youtube because they're relatively new. I'm so happy about it!

Toon Link Recap 03/01/09
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chFOsV_KXY4
Summary: This video shows in depth two of the AT's listed in this thread. It gives a quick description of how to perform the AT then it demonstrates what it looks like and shows some possible follow ups. It includes The 100% Working Spike and Slope Bombing.
Note: The video also includes The Footstool Bomb Spike and a very gay picture of Toon Link XD.

Toon Link Recap 03/26/09
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZDa_keJHI
Summary: In this recap, H_R demonstrates some of the AT's listed in this thread. He gives a quick description of how to perform them then shows what the AT looks like and possible follow ups for them. It includes (in order of appearance) The ZAC, The IZAC, The Safe Spike and The Retreating SHDA.
Note: This video also contains The Ledge SHDA and some sick combos.

BattleChrist's cool arrow trick 2
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIq4lNU1QXw
Summary: The original and still the best, this is BattleChrist's Arrow Trick in all it's original glory. The vid shows possible follow ups to the BCAT and some set ups.
Note: There doesn't appear to be any music/sound.
Credit: BattleChrist

Sexiest Arrow Cancel
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSh3X7wioDY
Summary: This video contains, as the title suggests XD, the sexiest arrow cancel known to all Toon kind. To be specific though, it demonstrates a good use of an AT in this thread called the Reverse BCAT. What you do is, SH, Bair, Fast fall asap, Instantly lightly tilt backwards B then Instantly Hit Forwards. The effect, as seen, is you will SH Bair, Fast Fall and then Reverse BCAT.
Note: Insanely hard to perform consistently so it's more of a flashy thing then something that you would be using in a real match.

Bomb Freaking Spike
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwYOoENeaU
Summary: This video shows what the Bomb Spike looks like.

Two Bomb Tricks
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeblZ9Tt6IA
Summary: This video shows and explains in detail two Bomb tricks. Ledge Grab Bombing and Ledgehop Bombing.
Credit: Sasukebowser and VietGeek

Instant Wall Jump
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-6Q...004AF536&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=95
Summary: This video shows the Instant Wall Jump being performed by Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Mario, Captain Falcon, Lucario.... no wait, more Captain Falcon, Lucario and Sonic.
Credit: AlphaZealot

Invinci-Bombing
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e71yBIVaq1w&feature=channel_page
Summary: This video shows the Invincibomb in action against a computer. This would be a good video to watch to get an idea of what the Invincibomb looks like and to get a few ideas of what you can do with it.
Note: You can't truly see all the potential in this move from the video because he's just versing a computer which just stands around most of the time. But you should get the idea.
Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212866

Short Hop Double Bomb
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiBoClCHnx4&feature=channel_page
Summary: This is the ultimate place to go if you wanna learn how to do the SHDB. The Vid explains and shows both ways to perform the SHDB in detail.
Note: This vid has a very strange song.

A Guide to Using Toon Link's Bombs
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQvsf_1JMyE
Summary: This video explains in great detail some of the more basic AT's and also some general knowledge that is not in this thread. Although some of the names of the AT's are a little different to what's in this thread, I would recommend this vid to anyone that has just picked up Toon Link or isn't sure on any of the AT's listed below. The AT's that are in the video that are also listed in this thread are (in chronological order), The JC Throw, Zair while holding a Bomb, F-smash while holding a Bomb, Z-Drop, C4, Ledgehop Bombing, The Invincibomb and The Invincibomb Drop.
Note: As I said, some of the names that are given to the AT's are a little different.
Credit: TWiNKatGC

Special Momentum Shift (For Toon Link)
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2qpfRmlSig
Summary: This video shows what the SMS looks like.

SHFF Quickdraws
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-3ryOHS6k&fmt=18
Summary: This video shows what the SHFF Quickdraw looks like.
Credit: Pho

Toon Link Glitch
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=BnRmDoJm0VI
Summary: This video shows what the Dair Stall looks like. Strange stuff.
Credit: Saunic

Bair to DJ Dair DI
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvndKqyTqbU
Summary: This video is a match that Hyro played in which he uses the Dair Recovery Stall many times. A must see if you're not sure if you're doing it properly or if you just wanna watch a great match.

SAF & SAFC
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPK7vzBqrR4
Summary: This video explains and shows in depth how to perform the SAF and the SAFC. It also shows possible follow ups and different ways to do it.

Video tutorial: Bomb U-smash, Bomb-throw cancel
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUGQMD1F1pE
Summary: This video explains and shows some more useful Bomb AT's. It includes (in order of appearance), the Z-Drop, SHBD, DACUS, Bomb Up-smash and Chaining.
Note: Some of the facts about Chaining aren't in the video. You can find everything you need to know about Chaining in the Bomb section of this thread.
Credit: Arc -The Fallen-

Toon Link's Bomb Fake Out
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ifx3MiD40
Summary: This video shows some of the basic ways to perform the Bomb Fake Out and the Double Bomb Fake Out.

More of Bomb Fake Out
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDbt6O_zmcw
Summary: This is the sequel to Toon Link's Bomb Fake Out. In this video ASF1nk shows the Bomb Fake Out used in various different ways and directions. Everything is explained earlier in the thread. A must see if your a fan of the Bomb Fake Out (I know I am).
You stay flashy San Diego!

Link Boomerang Glitch
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxN0eQSxkU8
Summary: This video shows what the Phantom Boomerang looks like and a few ways to do it.
Note: Just ignore the poor quality.
Credit: Phantom1987

Toon Titan- A Toon Link Combo Video by Santi
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELCRQK-f478
Summary: Watch and learn from the master, Santi himself. Yes, I know this is a combo video but it has some AT's in it as well and I think it's good to see how they should be used in a real game so keep an eye out for them. The AT's in the video (in order of appearance) are, Tether Save, Jab Cancel, The Bomb Spike, Ledge Re-Grab, Reverse Quickdraw and D-smash Gimp.
Note: Does 3:10 count as an AT? XD, well it should....
Credit: Santi

radori has tech skill?!?!?
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seopDGSz6L4
Summary: Basically just radori nighthawk stuffing around with techs for a whole three minutes. Now that's my kind of vid!!! XD
Note: So this is what it contains in rough order of appearence. Reverse Quickdraw, Reverse Quick Shot, Reverse BCAT, BCAT, Quickdraw, SAFC, Ledge Re-Grab, JC Throw, C4, (there is a lot of BCAT and Reverse BCAT). I'm sure I've missed something. What the hell was that, like a retreating SHDA only the quickdraw was a BCAT? Just watch it.
Credit: Radori Nighthawk

New skill!?
Video: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1545778
Summary: This video shows what The Electric Slide looks like. It also shows some of the ways you can Pivot Slide.
Note: Because it's not YouTube it's a bit different, but don't let that stop you from watching this.
Credit: Lobos

FTBS - Forward throw bomb slide
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAEoTSXTqZ8
Summary: This vid shows the Faux Super Slide..... in different speeds and angles!
Note: First discovered by .sibe, you can see clearly the incredible slide that Toon gets in this vid. If you do plan on using this method (using our own bombs) then please note that you will be able to combo easier if the opponent's percent is higher because while our stun will always remain the same, the opponent's stun and knockback will increase as they're percent increases, which in turn increases our chance of comboing out of this.
Credit: .sibe

Retreating SHDA
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZfKr_GMLyk
Summary: As the name suggests, this video shows what the Retreating SHDA looks like. But wait, there's more! It also shows the Wavebounced Arrow, BCAT, a RAR into a SHDA and finally it shows the Retreating SHDA.
Note: All in all, this is a sweet Vid! I'm biased though, cause I love the BCAT.
Credit: Corpsecreate

Bomb Stuff
Emphasized for its greatness.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh0psY9ixOA
Summary: This video shows almost every one of the Bomb AT's in this list and different ways to do them. In order of appearance, this vid contains, The Invincibomb, Z-Drop, The Invincibomb Drop, Short Hop Bomb Drop, Bomb Up-smash, Slope Bombing, C4, Platform Bombing, The Bouncy Bomb, Tree Bombing, JC Throw, Sliding Throw, Ledge Bombing, Ledgehop Bombing, Ledge Grab Bombing, Ledge Bomb Pull, Chaining, ZAC, Instant Bomb Throw, SHDB, Bomb Fake Out, 100% Working Spike, The Bomb Spike, F-smash while holding a Bomb, Zair while holding a Bomb, Ledge Re-Grab while holding a Bomb and 3 out of 4 ways to Safe Spike. This is, in short, The Mother of all Bomb AT Videos.
Note: The only Bomb AT's that aren't in this video are IZAC, Double Bomb Fake Out, The Electric Slide and the fourth way to Safe Spike. But it doesn't really matter anyway because we have other videos that cover most of them. (Also the 100% Working Spike is done slightly different, Z-drop instead of throw down, but it doesn't really matter, they both work.) So give Sasuke a pat on the back (and hopefully he'll make more videos so we eventually have a video of every one of Toons AT's!). Since this video was made, there have been some additions to the list of Bomb AT's. These additions are..... SHAZ, Bomb Slide Up Throw Fake Out, Bomb Slide Reverse Fake Out, (more will be added as they are found).

Boomerang Stuff
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhdsshXrvxY
Summary: This is the second instalment of Sasuke's AT videos in which he intends to cover almost every AT in this list! In this video, Sasuke demonstrates the Boomerang AT's. These include The Phantom Boomerang, Wavebounce, SMS, Boomerang Gliding, Glide Wavebounce, Zero Lag Catch and The In-Between Angles.
Note: The Glide Wavebounce is done a little differently then it is shown in this Vid. If the Glide Wavebounce is done properly you will get the same Boost as the Boomerang Glide, only you will Reverse your momentum and face the other way. So you will Glide off in the opposite direction. Also note that with the Wavebounce and the SMS, you will get a greater effect if you start with more momentum. The only Boomerang AT's that are not in this video are The Running Wavebounce and The Running SMS.

Special Thanks!

I couldn't have done all this on my own. So this is really just a Credit: for the whole thread!

Credit goes to Sasukebowser for helping me with the pictures, making AT videos, AT discoveries and just general support of this thread.

Credit goes to Toondiddy for helping me when I first came to the Toon boards. A lot of the AT's that I discovered were discovered in his thread with his help and encouragement.

Credit goes to everyone who supported this thread when it first started out. These people include (in no particular order) TLMSheikant, Demonictoonlink, Alzi, Power of Slash, vanderzant, Lobos, tlinkmaster1231, ZeroXMachine, OniTheWolf, vbdood1337, TLMarth, mskusu, Artmastercorey, Vilt and Nehemiah (I hope I'm not forgetting anyone, if I have then my bad). I wouldn't have been bothered enough to complete it if it wasn't for your support.

Credit goes to Chip for stickying this thread!

This list is for now, complete. Now it's just a matter of time until we find something new and I need to update it again. Stay tuned for more updates!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The Data Dump

I thought I'd dispel a few myths about the aerial footstool to Dair (i.e. footstooling an opponent who is in the air and comboing the stun from the footstool into a Dair spike). It's usually unsure whether it's guaranteed or not, but for the most part it's seen as impossible to ensure the Dair hits.

The only way to avoid the Dair is with DI/drifting, but there are actually many factors that go into whether or not DIing will avoid the Dair. Instead of explaining why in a certain situation the Dair hits or not, I'll just give you the list of all characters DIing in all situations and tell you whether they avoid the Dair or if it connects and spikes. I know I've personally wanted to know this info for a while now. I think you'll be surprised with some of the results. Skip the list to get the good parts in a more accessible way or browse through at your own leisure.

Key:
S = both characters are facing the same direction (both left or both right). So Toon and the opposing character are facing the same way.
O = facing the opposite direction from each other (so either they are looking at each other or have their backs to each other).
F = the opponent tried to DI the footstool forwards. This is forwards from their point of view, not Toon's.
B = the opponent tried to DI backwards.
y = yes, the Dair Spike connects and is guaranteed under the stated conditions.
n = no, it didn't connect and they were able to avoid you.

Note: Toon facing left or right makes no difference because of the wording used; so don't think of things in terms of left and right, rather think of it in terms of 'in relation to each other' which will adjust accordingly no matter which way you face. The above covers everything in every situation (don't be smart... you know what I mean XD). Oh and the list is so widely spaced so that it's easier to compare characters and just easier to read over all.

Mario:
SFy, SBn, OFn, OBy.

Luigi:
SFy, SBy, OFy, OBy.

Peach:
SFn, SBn, OFn, OBy.

Bowser:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

DK
SFy, SBn, OFy, OBn.

Diddy:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Yoshi:
SFy, SBy, OFy, OBy.

Wario:
SFn, SBn, OFn, OBn.

Link:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Zelda:
SFy, SBn, OFy, OBn.

Sheik:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Ganon:
SFy, SBy, OFy, OBy.

Toon:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Samus:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

ZSS:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Pit:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

IC's:
SFy, SBn, OFy, OBn.

ROB:
SFy, SBy, OFy, OBy.

Kirby:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Meta Knight:
SFy, SBy, OFy, OBy.

D3:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Olimar:
SFy, SBn, OFy, OBn.

Fox:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Falco:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Wolf:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

C. Falcon:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Pikachu:
SFy, SBn, OFy, OBy.

Squirtle:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Ivysaur:
SFy, SBy, OFy, OBy.

Charizard:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Lucario:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Jiggz:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Marth:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Ike:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Ness:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Lucas:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

GnW:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Snake:
SFy, SBy, OFy, OBy.

Sonic:
SFn, SBy, OFn, OBy.

So what does all this tell us and how can knowing this stuff help?
Every character with one 'n' in both the O's and the S's are all characters where it is never safe to go for the spike because they will always have a way of avoiding it. So from now on, especially if off stage, don't try to footstool to spike Mario, Peach, DK, Diddy, Wario, Zelda, Sheik, Toon, Samus, ZSS, Pit, IC's, Kirby, Olimar, Fox, Falco, Wolf, C. Falcon, Squirtle, Charizard, Jiggz, Marth, Ness, Lucas, GnW and Sonic. Even if it is quite possible to connect with these characters, it is never guaranteed.

Then there are the characters that have all y's. They can never avoid the footstool to Dair, no matter what they do (assuming you get the footstool). These poor characters are Luigi, Yoshi, Ganon, ROB, Meta Knight, Ivysaur and Snake.

Finally, the bit I found quite interesting, there are the characters that have two y's in either the S's or the O's but have at least one 'n' in the other. These are characters where we can actually choose to guarantee the spike depending on which direction we decide to face. I'll list these characters in full again because it is important to note which way you need to be facing in relation to which way they are facing to guarantee the spike.

Bowser:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Link:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

D3:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Pikachu:
SFy, SBn, OFy, OBy.

Lucario:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Ike:
SFy, SBy, OFn, OBy.

Today I set out to discover something, which is something I haven't done in a while as I haven't had the time. Many different ideas came and went during my breaks, until one of them stood out in my mind which I simply had to test when I got home.

I think I've found a way to set up an arrow lock. One which isn't reliant on tripping or missed techs or anything unforced (it's probably reliant on bad/no SDI, but like, what isn't).

In times past I tried things like what Link does to set up his Jab lock (SH Bomb throw down to footstool to Nair to fast fall the Nair to Jab), but Toon was simply too floaty to SH Bomb throw down to footstool to fast fall quickdraw. (No, none of his aerials will do the same job as Link's Nair.) And then I thought, if only there was a way to footstool them twice because consecutive footstools go half as high which means Toon will be closer to the ground which means we could get that fast fall quickdraw arrow lock.
It works, I found a few ways.

I should quickly mention that when I say footstool, I mean the SH version of footstool not the Full hop one.

Ok, so there's the initial thought of, "well couldn't you just run up, footstool them, throw the bomb down then footstool them again and fast fall quickdraw?" and while this does work in a sense, it would require the opponent to do absolutely nothing while getting footstooled and then doing nothing until they get footstooled again because there's just not enough 'stun' on the normal grounded footstool, so you have to throw the bomb straight away which means that they then have enough time to do anything before the second footstool. So it works, but only on a corpse. (No pun intended Corpse)

So here are some other suggestions that work much better against real people.

Pull out a Bomb, SH, Zair close with a Bomb, Dash Jump, footstool them when they are still in mid air, wait a tiny bit, throw the bomb down, (fast fall?), footstool, fast fall quickdraw. Yay it worked! And the middle part between the footstools is much more likely to be unavoidable if timed right. I know, I know, "but Zair to footstool isn't guaranteed", it's not, but at least it's easier to work into a game than the next example.

Throw boomerang, Pull Bomb, returning boomerang hits, footstool, and the rest is the same. This one's much more guaranteed but it's soo situational. Or maybe you like it... Alright, I have one more for now.

Bomb Pull, iZAC Bair to footstool and the rest is the same. Pretty hard and only works on lower percents. There's always Z-dropping bombs and instantly picking them up with SH Bairs instead of the iZAC, but whatever.

I just thought I'd get the idea out there.

If there's any interest, I may test it with some help and find out for sure just how unavoidable or otherwise the middle part is. I'm not worried about the end part; I know for sure that the second footstool used close to the ground does set up an unavoidable fast fall quickdraw arrow lock. It's getting the second footstool close to the ground that's the hard part to figure out a way to guarantee.

But yeah, I found something pretty fun. I was thinking about that whole Boomerang interupting the Dair thing and I came up with the Dair Glide. It's kinda like the Boomerang glide, only in some ways better. So what you do is, you throw a Boomerang out, stand on a slanted surface (slope) near the edge, and at the right time you Jump then Instantly Dair. So what happens is, the Dair slides down the slope and normally you will lose your momentum when you reach the edge. But if timed right, the Boomerang will interupt the Dair, you will keep your momentum and glide off the edge.

This is better then a Boomerang glide because:
You can glide off backwards or forwards
You can use any move you want, not just the Boomerang
You regain control faster. In other words, you can do anything much sooner then the Boomerang glide.
You get flung further.

This isn't better then the Boomerang glide because:
It takes longer to set up
It's level specific.

Now, the levels. Try it on the right side of the ship in Rainbow Ride. Both sides of PictoChat and Yoshi's Island Brawl. Other places....... Yoshi's Island Melee, Temple, don't care haven't tested every single level yet. The effect actually has everything to do with the timing and how steep the slope is. For example, on Yoshi's Brawl, you will glide diagonally down but on Rainbow Ride and PictoChat, you will get flung more horizontal. Anyway, play around with it and you'll see what I mean. Also, this can be used on steep platforms as well, just as long as you're near the edge of the platform.

So it's, throw the Boomerang in any direction, SH then Instantly use Dair at the right time near the edge on a steep surface and have the Boomerang interupt the Dair at the right time. Heaps of fun.
(Prepare yourselves for a long post XD)

Unfortunately DTL, it won't happen because the part that would be able to cancel is the part where Toon actually bobs up. But, you did give me an idea. And it worked.

I actually got the Dair to cancel. Many times. So I have proven that it is theoretically possible to cancel the Dair. But how did I do it? Well as I just said to DTL, the Dair can't be cancelled normally because Toon bobs up at the start, so I simply made him not bob up by using momentum. When Toon Dairs while he has momentum, he won't bob up, he'll simply slowly fall.
So to re-create this yourselves, go to training, pick any character, make the cpu Toon, (grab two controllers), Go to Battlefield, using P1 put the cpu on control with the percent at 154% and make the speed 1/4 so you can see the cancel clearer and so the whole thing is easier. Now taking P2, make Toon stand under one of the bottom platforms, pull out a Bomb, hold down, throw the Bomb at your feet (still holding down) and then start spamming A (resulting in a Dair as soon as possible) (If your going to spam A really fast, then you might want the percent at 153%).
What will happen is, you'll blow yourself up, Toon will Dair for a split second and it will auto cancel on the platform without the shockwave like affect. (Holding down simply makes things easier, it does not affect the auto cancel.)

But wait there's more. You know how I said that if you're going to spam A really fast then you might want the percent on 153%? Well, I had the percent on 154%, I spammed really fast, and normaly this will result in the shockwave like affect and it won't auto cancel. But something else happend to me twice, where I was on 154%, I spammed, and the Dair landed right on the edge of the platform. Toon landed on the edge of the platform for a split second resulting in the shockwave like affect, and then I slid off the platform and it Auto cancelled into another Dair. So this means that I have solved the case of Copacetic's Dair that cancelled on the edge of the platform. I can finally say that this is confirmed. It is possible. What's more I can tell you how it happened, more or less. It was as I thought, the momentum of the MK's neutral B made you slowly fall a Dair right near the edge of the platform, it didn't auto cancel the normal way otherwise you wouldn't have seen it, rather it auto cancelled a second way, so you were a little bit higher up then the first way and the Dair landed on the edge of the platform (so you had actually landed at this point but you still had a bit of momentum) then the momentum and the fact that you were right on the edge, slid you off. At this point you had auto cancelled the Dair, the second way, and were able to Bair before you touched the ground.

So there are two types of auto canceled Dair (so far).
The first way, monentum stops the Dair from bobbing up and you Dair right when you are level with the platform. There is no hitbox. The Dair animation is only out for a split second.
The second way, momentum stops the Dair from bobbing up and you Dair right on the edge of the platform. You actually land on the edge of the platform for a split second, so I'm guessing that there is a wind box and the strange hitbox of the Dair Shockwave. Then the momentum plus the fact that you're right on the edge, pushes you off the platform resulting in an auto cancel.

Unfortunatelly, I still don't know how Sasuke's one works.

Now I know that this is extremely situational and because of that, it's not very useful, I'm not trying to make it out to be useful. All I'm saying is that for the first time ever, it has been proven that the Dair can in fact cancel, in two known ways. It is possible. Now we've just gotta find a way to make it more useful and less situational.

Edit: So I found a really easy way to re-create the second version of the auto cancelled Dair. Same thing as before, cpu Toon, control, you can do it easilly in normal speed so don't bother putting it on 1/4, put the cpu's percent to exactly 82%. Right, get Toon to stand on top of the right platform, pull out a bomb, walk over to the right side of the right platform until he does that thing where he waves his arms about (the very edge), Hit and hold down to make Toon fall through the platform, (still holding down) spam A. What will happen is Toon will fall through the platform, throw a Bomb down and be hit by the explosion, slowly fall a Dair and will always land on the very edge of the left side of the right platform (Unless the Bomb blows you the wrong way, in which case your throwing the bomb down too early, I think). You will see the shockwave, then the Dair will always cancel and you will be able to Instantly use any aerial (Including Bair. Copacetic's thing.). This is fun stuff.
Also, because I found a way to use the second version consistently, I was able to do a few tests. For that split second, the Dair that is cancelled has a wind hitbox (so you can push stuff laglessly XD) and the spike hitbox of the Dair. So if someone interupts the Dair before you reach the platform, they will be hit with the spike hitbox (Possibly a way to safe spike laglessly? I'll keep checking stuff out.) Get this though, it doesn't have the Dair shockwave hitbox because it cancels too early and the Dair shockwave hitbox comes out slightly later. Oh well.

The Brainstorming Section
(Insert picture here)

Quick Summary

Welcome to the new Brainstorming section! Below you will find three different categories that need some serious discussion.

The first is "Over coming Toon's Weaknesses". This is where we shall list all of Toon's weaknesses, weak points and just generally things that we keep getting punished for, then we'll think of ways around the problem and potentially solve the problem all together.

The second category is "The Mysteries of Toon Link". This section will include everything that cannot be explained and has not been re-created so far. They shall be listed along with everything known about them so far and any other additional information. It is up to you to decide whether or not you want to find out once and for all, just how these things occurred. So feel free to discuss theories and ideas in this thread.

The last category is "Under developed Tricks and Possible New Techs". This is where we shall list strange properties of moves, things that we think have potential for developing into a useful tech and any techs in the list so far that I think are under developed or have a lot of potential.

Index

Getting back on stage
Area below him while in the air
Being punished when landing

Grabbing with a Bomb
Hyro's BrokeShot
Reflecting Hyrulian Shield

Z-dropping
BCD

Serious Fox is Serious

Credit

(Insert picture here)

Getting back on stage is one glaring weakness. And I don't mean getting back to stage, I mean, once you've grabbed the ledge, you want to safely get up, but someone is standing there, what then? The problem is, Toon doesn't have very good ledge options. So let's work on this and try to think of a way around this weakness.

Another possible weakness that Toon has always had is the area under him while in the air. The reason for this is because, as all good Toon's know, Toon Link should not be using Dair very often if at all because it is extremely punishable. Some answers to this problem are simply throwing a Bomb down, but what if you don't have a Bomb? What if they are too close to throw a Bomb without getting caught in the explosion? If you have a Bomb in hand, I would suggest throwing it down at them and if they are too close, simply fast fall and Invincibomb. So I spose the real question is, what do you do if you don't have time to pull out a Bomb?

Ok so something that Toon seems to get punished for a lot is when you'll be jumping around spamming projectiles and aerials then you're opponent dashes in and punishes you when you land. So presuming you've used your double jump, how can you safely land without getting shield grabbed or punished in some other way?

Yeah I need help thinking of other possible weaknesses.... Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

(Insert picture here)

Grabbing with a Bomb
Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216810
Summary: Somewhat a legend in the Toon community. Many have tried in vain to re-create this including myself. The thread that I linked actually got locked because people were so disappointed and frustrated by not making any progress. Some lingering feelings towards the idea can still be seen today at the very thought of mentioning the idea of the possibility of Grabbing with a Bomb XD. I too have fallen for the general 'forget about it' trend and can be quoted for saying this....
Seriously. Just give up on the grabbing with a bomb thing. It's like the game is against the whole concept and if you did do it somehow, the wii would like melt.
Never the less, some people swear they've done it, so it's up to you to judge for yourself wether or not you would like to get it to work. You can find a small list of things that have already been tried in the thread I linked, but if there is enough interest, I will keep record of everything that has been tried so far by making a new list here.

Hyro's BrokeShot
Vid. (That's right! We have video proof!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTwGhW6NIIw
Summary: This is a strange one for more then one reason. First of all, we actually have video proof, unlike the other mysteries. Second of all, we're trying to find out how it was done, so it won't happen again, not so we can re-create it. There are a few factors to keep in mind that could have allowed such a thing to occur, but I think it might have to do with the quickdraw stopping momentum from the Snakes F-tilt (Grounded arrows generally won't slide on flat surfaces) and when Toon Instantly grabbed, you can see right at the start that the chain sort of still had momentum going backwards. I dunno. But feel free to discuss amongst yourselves just how this happened. If we theorise possible reasons for its occurrence, then we will test them. Pretty simple, quite strange. So any ideas?

Reflecting Hyrulian Shield
Summary: This is a new one, even for me. Originally stumbled upon by Flinch, the story goes like this...
Hi TL's! I'm a fox main but I was messing around with TL the other day against a lucario.

I reflected his B orb.
He was on the ground and shot his B (charged fully)
I landed and it tinged on my shield as if it would have negated it.
Then I pivot shielded, simple turning the other way while shielding.
The ball disappeared on my shield and reappeared in front of me, then shot through me without hurting me and kept going to the lucario. (he jumped over it sadly)

Please note the pivot shield and ting happened very fast. Also, I believe landing affected the reflection.

You guys probably know this but I thought I'd post it up. It looooooked awwwwwesome :D:D:D
But just to clarify, Toon was in the air, Lucario was on the ground, Lucario shot, Toon landed and did nothing, the Aura sphere 'tinged' the Hyrulian Shield, Toon turned around (pivoted) then somehow the Aura sphere appeared in front of Toon and went back through him in the direction of Lucario without actually harming Toon. Quite strange. This is still being worked on by Flynch, but with no recent success (I failed to re-create it as well) I can see this becoming yet another mystery. Any ideas?

If you can think of any other mysteries that you would like me to add, then feel free to let me know.

(Insert picture here)

Ok so something that I think should be developed more is all the Z-dropping techniques. Like we have many different ways to get a Bomb on the ground/platform, but what then? What should it be used for? So far it can be used for easy 'IZAC's (Instant Aerials while holding a Bomb), temporarily blocking some opponents projectiles, using U-smash while holding a Bomb, making it slide by pushing it with Dair and things involving the Instant Bomb Throw like one version of the SHDB. But this can't be all there is to it. The point is, I think that there is still untapped potential in Z-dropped Bombs.

An obvious one that I think still needs more testing, research and discussion is the BCD. It is potentially meta game changing, if only we could find better ways to use it. So with this one, we're trying to think of more ways to perform it and potentially find some way to ensure it connects. If we can do that, this will be lethal so I think it's well worth our time to work on this. But I'm not just going to let you have all the fun, so I'll share my thoughts on this. I was thinking the other day, that a really good way to ensure this connects would be a 'forced get up' which occurs when the opponent has been locked by (in our case) things like arrows and Dash attack (as shown in Hyro's vid here). If we could get them in a lock while holding a Bomb (IZAC, Quickdraw) over near the ledge, it might be possible to ensure the BCD to connect. But yeah, any ideas like that are what we're after here.

If you would like me to add other things to this list, then let me know and I'd be only too glad to add it.

Pretty simple really. Keep to the point and no trolling (unless it's funny). Other then that, go for it.
(I'll be honest, I just wanted an excuse to use that picture XD. So you don't need to worry about it really.)

Credit for the idea of a Brainstorming section goes to TWiNKatGC.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Good thread the bomb section seems complete. Ill help with the other sections especially arrows if u want but not tonight i gotta go now :\.

Alzi

Smash Master
This is awsome keeps us up to date with things.

If you can put down who found it just as a little credit to them.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Good thread the bomb section seems complete. Ill help with the other sections especially arrows if u want but not tonight i gotta go now :\.
There are still a few more bomb things that I can think of that I'll update after this and I'm sure there must be some I'm forgeting, I'll look around the boards. Still, I think I'll leave the bomb section for now and move on, maybe start on the boomerang section....Thanks for the offer of help btw!
This is awsome keeps us up to date with things.

If you can put down who found it just as a little credit to them.
Thanks for the feedback! I intend to credit the moves for the ones that are known, the only problem is with some of them it isn't known who discovered it. Maybe someone that has been here for ages can help with that. But yeah, all in good time.
is that first bomb trick new. i like it
It's actually been around for a while now. Get this, the original thread for it seems to be deleted, this was one of the main reasons why I made this thread, so we don't forget awesome things like the Invincibomb.
I thank the star something like this was finally made @_@
Again, thanks for the feedback. It's good to see my first thread on the Toon boards is being accepted.

I'll update a bit more..........now!

Edit: I've added some stuff to the Bomb and Boomerang section.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
The Bomb trick (laying it onto the ground with a ledgehop) that you don't know is in a video created by Santi.

He didn't name it if I remember correctly.

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
hmm well for the arrow section you could start it off with the SHDA (Short Hop Double Arrow)

Alzi

Smash Master
sasukebowser found this other one were you grab a bomb and jump and as your about to grab the edge Drop the bomb and he will drop it while quickly grabbing onto the edge this is good for people who recover under the stage and you can spike them.

Not too sure if it's a trick or not but it is useful.

For the SHDA you can shoot the firts arrow to the right and the second to the left you might want to include that as a little extra stuff you can do with the SHDA. Anyway very nice thread you should main toon link not fox. :)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I made that trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WreiU...e=channel_page
5:49

There was no name for it... Its like a "ledge-dropped" bomb I guess.
Ledge bombing. >=D
Nice. Thats actually different from what I was talking about, but I'll add it anyway. This is hanging on the ledge, hitting down/off the ledge, jumping, bomb pulling, Z-dropping it, then re-grabbing the ledge. The one I'm talking about was Z-dropping the bomb on the way up of the ledge jump (Bomb in hand hanging on the ledge, hit jump, Z-drop on the way up). Like I said I'll add it, so thanks anyway. I think I'll name your one ledge bombing (like you suggested) and the one I'm talking about ledgehop bombing (or something like that).
sasukebowser found this other one were you grab a bomb and jump and as your about to grab the edge Drop the bomb and he will drop it while quickly grabbing onto the edge this is good for people who recover under the stage and you can spike them.

Not too sure if it's a trick or not but it is useful.

For the SHDA you can shoot the firts arrow to the right and the second to the left you might want to include that as a little extra stuff you can do with the SHDA. Anyway very nice thread you should main toon link not fox.
I remember that bomb thing now, thanks I'll add that.
Yeah, I kinda do main him. I sorta main them both, I can't decide. See they both require a lot of comitment to play well, so I don't have any time for anyone else. But anyway, thats sort of straying off point.

I'll try do another big update in about 16 hours (tommorrow midday for me, so thats night time for you guys, I think....)

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what this is called....
How to Perform: Run towards the edge then just as your running off the ledge (right on the corner) throw the boomerang.
Effect: Toon will sort of glide off the ledge further then normal while throwing the boomerang.
Note: You don't have to do this off the edge, it can be done off any platform and you will get the same effect.
This is a semi-universal technique that can be done by many different characters with many different moves.

I can't remember the name sorry, but there was a thread on it in the tactical discussion forum (a while ago) so it might be in that big AT thread?

Great idea btw :D

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Quite a few characters can do this the marios use it with the cape is called cape glideing the lucas and ness's can do this with up b and theres others aswell

iceman(TL)

Smash Rookie
what about when you do your fsmash while holding onto a bomb in the bombs section, then throw it afterwards or whatever

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Sasuke: I'll check out that vid later on.

I've Updated the OP! I'll start to slowly go back and fill in the credit as well, but later. I've been updating for like an hour or 2. My brain hurts.

Heo/Wolfe

Smash Rookie
How about dair sliding? It really isn't an AT more than a useful fast retreat on some levels like Corneria. Just dair the slant and you'll slide pretty far, if you didn't already know. I pretty much only use it on Corneria as a mind game though, cause even if you miss you still get the slide unless you hit their shield.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
....I haven't gotten to the swordplay section yet. You will be able to find it there, once it's done.

@ Sasuke: Yes! Thats the one, and there's anothertrick in there too! I'll quickly add them now. I noticed that they both don't have names......I'll have to think of something fitting. Also, Who discovered them? It said the clips are from Viet Geek and you posted it on youtube, so I'm supposing it was one of you. I'll need to know if I'm going to credit those moves.

In fact, If everyone could just claim credit for any/all the moves you officially discovered, then that would make this all so much easier. I don't know who discovered what, so please don't take offence if you haven't been credited yet. I've added credit to all the moves that I know who discovered it and thats the best I could do. So yeah, let me know and I'll seal your name in the hall of fame forever. Something like that.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Now that you metion it, I didn't even know about it. I was just looking through some old threads for AT's and I saw it mentioned. Are there any other old/forgotten AT's that were around before I joined? If so you would make my day by showing me where to find them.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Dude, sasuke your the best. I'll be sure to check out those videos.

I've done a few big updates in most of the sections (which adds up to one huge update) if anyones wondering. Check it out.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I wasted a good portion of my life trying to figure out how to do it XD. It's impossible.

Right! I think I'm finished (and it only took under a week), at least I can't think of any more AT's and Tricks. So there will be no more Huge Updates. I will still Update when we find something new, when I remember something I forgot, when you remember something I forgot and tell me, when I'm adding Credit and when I want to do something like swap things around or edit mistakes or wording.

Let me know what you think, Is it long enough to be called the never ending list? And I'm serious with the whole credit thing, If I can't add more credit for other people, then the list looks like I'm just praising myself and thats not what this is all about. I'll have to remove all credit If I can't get anymore, and that would be sad. I know Sasuke must have more moves to his name! Please help me out on this one.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Yeah... About the grabbing with a bomb thing... I KNOW I saw Toon Link grab while holding a bomb. Still, I realize now this just can't happen. I know what I saw, but it couldn't have been correct. Sorry for wasting everyones' time with that...

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
I was fighting my friend online and stumbled apon um... dropping a bomb while air dodging.

dodge and quickly press A while holding a bomb, I knew it existed, but never knew how to do it, well untill an hour ago :/

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I understand there is still more to add, but I think it is time that this is stickied, possibly in place of Edde's guide.

Great work!

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
When you have time, you should add a stage-specific AT section.

eg: On Pokemon Stadium, you can perform aerials from under the ledges and re-grab the edge.

I realize that technique isn't TL-specific, but I can't think of any TL-specific stage ATs at the moment.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey thanks for the feed back guys!

When you have time, you should add a stage-specific AT section.

eg: On Pokemon Stadium, you can perform aerials from under the ledges and re-grab the edge.

I realize that technique isn't TL-specific, but I can't think of any TL-specific stage ATs at the moment.
Nice idea! I'm thinking I'll either make a whole new section, or I'll just add another title to the AT's I have atm, (Note: then Levels: then Credit: ). Most of the AT's can be performed on all levels so I'll just put Levels: All, and then I can add more AT's that can only be used on specific levels.

Well I'm happy, I've got another project. I think I'll go back and add Levels: to all the AT's that I have already, then I can move on. If you want to help, simply start posting Level specific AT's, and I'll get round to adding them.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ledge Re-Grab with bomb maybe
same effect just holding a bomb for better edge guarding
Thanks I forgot that. I'll add it in now. I've put a lot of thought into where to put it, I was tossing up between at the end of the bombs section and at the end of the general section. I've decided I'll put it under Zair with a Bomb (in the bombs section), but to do this it means I have to tweak the Zair with a Bomb a little.
If anyone one else see's something that could be added then please let me know.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Its not much an At but it is useful for getting a bomb out and i didnt see it. Dropdown from the ledge, pull bomb out, jump throw it up (to protect urself) and upB to sweetspot. U can then catch it with an aerial.
And in swordplay, I use the walljump in FD lately and it works, but on the ledge not in the wall it helps because u have another option to get out of the ledge. (2 back airs)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Its not much an At but it is useful for getting a bomb out and i didnt see it. Dropdown from the ledge, pull bomb out, jump throw it up (to protect urself) and upB to sweetspot. U can then catch it with an aerial.
And in swordplay, I use the walljump in FD lately and it works, but on the ledge not in the wall it helps because u have another option to get out of the ledge. (2 back airs)
Ok, so with the first one I'm presuming there would be a double jump in there somewhere, unless you didn't fastfall the bomb pull (which can be hard for some people). Anyway I'll take a look at it, and if I think it could be useful then I'll add it. Edit: I found a much faster and better way to do this, check it out in the Bomb section, I have no idea what to call it....Maybe ledge bomb pull or something.
As for the second one, as sad as it sounds I might just have to add a wall jump in the General section. I'll have to call it Ledge Wall Jump or something like that, wall jump just sounds to simple.

Thanks for helping. I'll try to update again later on today, once I've checked out some more level specific things.

Edit: All done for today. I added those two AT's and Pivot Walking. I also finished the level specific title in the whole Bomb section. What do you think so far?

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so with the first one I'm presuming there would be a double jump in there somewhere, unless you didn't fastfall the bomb pull (which can be hard for some people). Anyway I'll take a look at it, and if I think it could be useful then I'll add it. Edit: I found a much faster and better way to do this, check it out in the Bomb section, I have no idea what to call it....Maybe ledge bomb pull or something.
As for the second one, as sad as it sounds I might just have to add a wall jump in the General section. I'll have to call it Ledge Wall Jump or something like that, wall jump just sounds to simple.

Thanks for helping. I'll try to update again later on today, once I've checked out some more level specific things.

Edit: All done for today. I added those two AT's and Pivot Walking. I also finished the level specific title in the whole Bomb section. What do you think so far?
Thanks for adding my Pivot Walk to any follow up ;). Nice guide btw. I don't need to be credited since Pivot Walking wasn't discovered by me, but it would be nice if I can get the follow up part credited. Don't feel pressured though, you don't have to credit me :)

Top Bottom